25 replies to this topic

#1 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

No, you did not misread that, the next wave has begun for gaming tech. And with it the rumors of the next Xbox platform.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1234775.html

According to report from IGN it will be 6 Times as Powerful as Current systems.

http://www.ign.com/a...-as-current-gen

Edited by Insurrection, 27 January 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#2 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Great. Now we have to spend money that we don't have on a new console, or we won't be able to play current games.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#3 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

Oh man, that sucks, I just got an xbox 360 last month. So that just means that in a certain amount of time, this year?, that its going to be somewhat obsolete then?

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#4 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

I don't see how this is much of a surprise. When Nintendo announced they were making the Wii-U, I stated i saw the futility of the system because Sony and Mircrosoft would be around the corner with their own new systems. And walla...

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#5 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Anguyen92 @ Jan 27 2012, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh man, that sucks, I just got an xbox 360 last month. So that just means that in a certain amount of time, this year?, that its going to be somewhat obsolete then?

I feel you, I got my 360 back in October. I wouldn't worry though.

Previous-gen consoles usually have 1-2 years after the release of next-gen consoles to become obsolete. So I wouldn't fret too much.

#6 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

Oh wow, so it has a general time frame for release now? Fall 2013's a ways off, so I'm sure that'll be plenty of time for new developments or changes, but what I've heard so far seems pretty interesting. I'd like to see what the Kinect 2 can perform. I was really impressed with the first.

Also, it'll play Blu-ray disks? I don't really understand the business aspect of it, but does this mean Microsoft's joined the Blu-ray Association? It looks like things might be getting more heated between Microsoft and Sony. laugh.gif

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jan 27 2012, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see how this is much of a surprise. When Nintendo announced they were making the Wii-U, I stated i saw the futility of the system because Sony and Mircrosoft would be around the corner with their own new systems. And walla...

I don't know if "futility" is the right word. It makes it sound like Nintendo shouldn't release new consoles on the basis of Sony and Microsoft producing more powerful ones. A spec war has never really been Nintendo's game; it has its own target audience. One that apparently has a lot of money, given what we've seen sales-wise.

That being said, I'm surprised the 720's processor is only 20% stronger than the Wii U's. I was expecting it to be higher, given what we've seen in the current console generation. Maybe I'll have to do more research on the Wii U. I haven't really been paying much attention so far. sweat.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 27 January 2012 - 07:23 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#7 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

And, after this one, the Xbox 1080; it will no longer be in the shape of a box. Rather, it'll be in the shape of a cone as an homage to the 'Box' in Batman Forever.

Edited by Kamina-Yoshi, 27 January 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#8 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Anguyen92 @ Jan 27 2012, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Jan 27 2012, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel you, I got my 360 back in October. I wouldn't worry though.

Previous-gen consoles usually have 1-2 years after the release of next-gen consoles to become obsolete. So I wouldn't fret too much.

Yeah, don't worry. smile.gif You'll still have a library of great games to keep you busy for a LONG time. It can also be best to sit out a new console release for a while, so you can wait and see how it does, and get it cheaper in the end (and without the launch bugs/issues).

#9 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

O.o Ohhhh what's it do what's it do?

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#10 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

I guess my thoughts of getting a 360 and Kinect for Skyrim and DC2 now have to go down the drain. )=

JA2DBzd.png

#11 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Jan 27 2012, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess my thoughts of getting a 360 and Kinect for Skyrim and DC2 now have to go down the drain. )=

No, if anything the price will drop again. You have plenty of time to play whatever you want.

Me personally, I'm not through with the current generation of consoles so I'll wait a little while before moving on to the next ones. I didn't get PS3 till the summer of 08, the wii in the spring of 09 and finally the 360 until summer 2010.
\

#12 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:08 AM

I got my Xbox two years ago, but it was rather cheap, and now it seems to be wanting to fail on me. I will most likely get the 720 until a year after release though.

#13 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:32 AM

I would wait for this even if it does come out. Like everything, let the stupid people buy the first one and watch as the first batch gets a lot of f**cks ups. Wait about one year after release and not only get it cheaper, but get a better more updated version.

I am not saying the first batch will crap out cause it is a bad product, but with every new technology the first line will have bugs and problems with it and a high failure rate. This is to be expected. I want to wait till they get the second batch in where they fix the majority of the problems it has.

My first xbox360 (when it first came out) lasted...5 months. The xbox I have now has lasted 2 years. So, I will wait. Besides, they are not going to obsolete the 360 just yet. They are going to to wait 1-2 years after to keep it.

Look at the PS2 even with the PS3 out, it still is going strong.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#14 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jan 29 2012, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would wait for this even if it does come out. Like everything, let the stupid people buy the first one and watch as the first batch gets a lot of f**cks ups. Wait about one year after release and not only get it cheaper, but get a better more updated version.

I am not saying the first batch will crap out cause it is a bad product, but with every new technology the first line will have bugs and problems with it and a high failure rate. This is to be expected. I want to wait till they get the second batch in where they fix the majority of the problems it has.

My first xbox360 (when it first came out) lasted...5 months. The xbox I have now has lasted 2 years. So, I will wait. Besides, they are not going to obsolete the 360 just yet. They are going to to wait 1-2 years after to keep it.

I would say this was especially true with the Xbox 360s, but I've still have and ps3 and I've hadn't had a need to replace or it anything. Plus the 60gb version was one of the better versions of all of the ps3 released. But I have, my friends, and my brother have gone through multiple 360 units. I don't know what happened with Xbox, the original one was pretty well put together.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#15 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jan 29 2012, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say this was especially true with the Xbox 360s, but I've still have and ps3 and I've hadn't had a need to replace or it anything. Plus the 60gb version was one of the better versions of all of the ps3 released. But I have, my friends, and my brother have gone through multiple 360 units. I don't know what happened with Xbox, the original one was pretty well put together.

For me it was the opposite. All my friends had major problems with the PS3 and not the Xbox 360. They kept getting the yellow light of death and for a machine that was so expensive at the time, this was a problem.

These newer consoles are getting what I call the Christmas tree effect. They are jammed pack with so many features that if one fails, the rest fails.

I am little sad for the PS3 though. The PS2 was so amazing because it had this great library of console exclusives. The one feature everyone wants is not what we get. We want a backwards compatible system with a whole grand library of games and all we get is two systems with maybe a special game or two and a whole bunch of Call of Duty and Battlefield games. While they are not bad games, I wish there was more variety like there was back then. Of course, then again, when a "different" games comes out that doesn't involve military shooting....the gaming community shoots it down as the worse game ever.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#16 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

The so-called rumor about it not playing used games better be bs, or Microsoft will kick off a major gamer backlash against the system.

#17 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:37 AM

Indeed, personally, I think the main downfall of the PS3 was removing the backwards compatibility. I had to replace my 60GB because of overheating issues (not the system's fault, but mainly because my brother's room where it used to be got so hot during the summer that parts of it basically melted) with a newer 250 gb...but it had no backwards compatibility. So, I now have a bunch of PS3 and PS2 games, with the PS2 games collecting dust unless we take out the PS2 and plug it in.

If this new '720' comes out with no backwards compatibility, well, it's not gonna sell, considering the amount of good current-gen games out there right now.

#18 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:14 AM

Yeah, I think backwards compatibility is something every gamer wants from the new systems. We want to be able to enjoy the older games as well with the newer ones.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#19 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:55 AM

To be honest, backwards compatibility is probably one of the biggest factors for me in getting a system. If I had a big library of titles on one system, I'd like to be able to go back and play those while still enjoying new titles. It doesn't really feel like I'm upgrading if I can't do that. It's like I'm just buying a new system that happens to be produced by the same manufacturer. I'm already disappointed that the Wii U isn't compatible with GCN titles. I'll basically have to hold on to my current system if I ever want to play Wind Waker, Fire Emblem 9, or Tales of Symphonia ever again. I hope that the 720 at least plays titles from the last generation, if not from two generations ago.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I guess I'm either too cheap to buy too many new games, or I just like nostalgia too much. tongue.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 30 January 2012 - 06:56 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#20 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

You know all those rumors and such? Well, it's all been dashed away, gone like Jake Lloyd's acting career.

http://www.computera...CVG-General-RSS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users