5160 replies to this topic

#1 Vivi

Vivi

Dr. Snakes

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:04 AM

Obviosuly, by my name and my posts (if you've read them) I'm a complete Bleach-tard.

Bleach is a fantastic manga/anime in it's own right, IMO, and some of the members here also seem to be Bleach readers/watchers.

Soooo, fellow Bleach fans can come here to discuss! (what's your favorite pairing, do you think bleach is declining in quality are becoming better, who's your favorite charcter, what's your favorite arc, etc.)

#2 finalninja

finalninja

love have no bound even life and death

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:MANGA!!!!!!,ANIME!!!!!!, reading fanfiction

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:31 AM

ah my friend we are both in the same boat
bleach is so much cooler than naruto
my favorite charcter is Uraha Kisuke
and my favorite pairing is ichiruki
ah my friend behold bleach is more godly awesome than naruto
I proud to be a bleach-tard biggrin.gifAttached File  BLEACH___So_happy_Together_by_nekozumi.jpg   158.78KB   23 downloads
Life has no meaning so you take a darker path...a path of no return... so you choose the right path... a path of light and hope... even you are the last one you still have hope

#3 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:46 AM

Bleach is currently 2nd on my favorite manga/anime list (Naruto's fallen to 3rd). The anime's been great lately, though the current mini-arc with Matsumoto is kind of boring; as for the manga

the Hueco Mundo arc has had it's ups and downs - a lot of it seemed recycled from the Soul Society arc and dragged a bit (sort of like Naruto is/was). The Espada have mostly been the highlight - Grimmjow and Ulquiorra have been all sorts of badass/evil in their killing and demeanor...and Ulquiorra being only the #4 Espada makes me wonder how tough 1-3 will be. Hopefully Ichigo turns around his losing streak soon.

#4 finalninja

finalninja

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Takeo @ Jun 25 2007, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bleach is currently 2nd on my favorite manga/anime list (Naruto's fallen to 3rd). The anime's been great lately, though the current mini-arc with Matsumoto is kind of boring; as for the manga

the Hueco Mundo arc has had it's ups and downs - a lot of it seemed recycled from the Soul Society arc and dragged a bit (sort of like Naruto is/was). The Espada have mostly been the highlight - Grimmjow and Ulquiorra have been all sorts of badass/evil in their killing and demeanor...and Ulquiorra being only the #4 Espada makes me wonder how tough 1-3 will be. Hopefully Ichigo turns around his losing streak soon.

so what is your number 1 favorite anime/manga ?
Life has no meaning so you take a darker path...a path of no return... so you choose the right path... a path of light and hope... even you are the last one you still have hope

#5 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (finalninja @ Jun 25 2007, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so what is your number 1 favorite anime/manga ?

My avy may give it way: One Piece. OP is the first manga/anime I followed and I've been reading/watching it the longest. Other series may have better art/animation or deeper characters or plot, but in terms of the whole package, One Piece is still my number 1 series

#6 finalninja

finalninja

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:42 AM

that cool
my first favorite is bleach(duh)
second is one piece
third is inuyasha
fourth is naruto but naruto is losing taste of respect

#7 Illadelphfan07

Illadelphfan07

GODZILLA GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:39 PM

well right now it's my favorite anime then naruto. favorite char is ichigo and I ship ichiruki.
bleach is awesome
naruto seems to be turning into a well written fanfiction lately(ooh ooh lemme give sasuke some limitless badass powers and his own team! come on kishi ive seen this in ton's of fanfics,maybe i should write some so he'll steal my ideas biggrin.gif
Ni@#a whats tha fu#k you talking about we got XBOX and Playstation Ni@#a and we got Incredible Hulks! all the kids are welcome motherFu#ker! -Thugnificent

#8 Vivi

Vivi

Dr. Snakes

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:22 AM

yay! Replies! a_dance.gif
My fav pairings are IshiHime and IchiRuki.
My fav character is Kuchiki Rukia (but Ichigo is oh so close!)
My fav arc is Soul Society. (it's the only one besides the Karakura arc that I've read most of. I know what's going to happen but haven't finished it.)
My thoughts on Bleach currently:

I want Rukia back. :shamefulcry0js: The Hueco Mundo arc is very similar to Soul Society yet very different.
Yes, Bleach has declined in my opinion. Although it's still my favorite manga and the characters are all so endearing, this arc just doesn't come up to snuff so to speak.
The Arrancar in my opinion aren't as intersting as the Shinigami; after all, they are hollows as Grimmjow mentioned recently. But, it is good that Rukia and Kaien's stories have wrapped up. (i believe she truly loved him, in the platonic sense)
The best thing is though...the ICHIRUKI MOMENTS!!!!!!!!! XD And that's why I still love Bleach!

@ Takeo: Is One Piece really that good ? I have read vol. 1 & 3 but I didn't really like it. I believe it's beacause I don't like the art....but, is One Piece good enough later on to make up for it?

#9 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Rukia @ Jun 26 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Takeo: Is One Piece really that good ? I have read vol. 1 & 3 but I didn't really like it. I believe it's beacause I don't like the art....but, is One Piece good enough later on to make up for it?

Being that it is my favorite series, I'm a bit biased, but I do believe it's worth reading (or watching). The first couple volumes are a bit slow, mainly because the first 70-80 chapters focus on introducing a new crewmember, one at a time, and touching on that character's backstory. Things picked up for me at around vol. 8 or 9, during the Arlong Park arc and afterward once the crew reached the Grand Line and the bigger story arcs began. As for the art, OP started almost 10 years ago I believe, so some of the art was pretty rough...it has changed a little and (I think) gotten better as the series progressed and the author (Eiichiro Oda) has improved, IMO. For example: (spoiler tagged to save space)

This is from chapter 42

And this is from 432 (erased the text for spoilers)

The character designs are a bit crisper and more refined, for lack of a better word. Some of the more impressive panels obviously involve spoilers, so I can't really post those. I guess the important thing to note, however, is that the style hasn't changed too much...you're not going to see only realistic looking characters like you do in Bleach (minus the hollows and stuff obviously). One Piece has a bit more fun with some of it's character designs as you probably would have seen from the volumes you've read.

This is a Bleach discussion thread, though, so that's probably enough about One Piece.

#10 Vivi

Vivi

Dr. Snakes

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:29 PM

Oh, it does look very different. I think I'll try it out once more. biggrin.gif

On Topic: Speaking of art, what are your opinions on Bleach's?

#11 finalninja

finalninja

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:59 PM

the art work in bleach so much cooler then any manga and anime that I have seen even naruto which the art work is total waste of time of reading/watching...but I still read it just to pass the time when I waiting for the next issue of other anime/mangas

#12 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:09 PM

Bleach is like my 2nd favorite anime. smile.gif
I am still pinky-ash

#13 Amii

Amii

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Drawwwwwwing.

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

Haha wouldn't be better as Bleacher?

Like...
You guys are Narutarded Bleachers?

The only thing I'm worried about is Bleach doing a Naruto.

Buuuuuuuut, it has its reasons.
I go on some forums to see people blabbing and complaining about how Bleach finally got back to its story line, and then went into fillers again. (Some were good, but the recent one made me really, really want to die in a fire).
People dont see that the series goes into the fillers because the anime story line is catching up to close to the manga story line. Some people may be like "No, blah blah blah still has to happen!" but the line is pretty close. It just makes the fillers so the manga can progress further.
Some people just dont see that, and lose interest in the story.
*is done ranting*

Sorry about that! Haha.

Yeah, I used to hate Bleach. I mean like HATE it. Then... about a few days ago I actually started watching it. o_O For the next 3 days I stayed in my room, watching 134 episodes. o_O Then I'll watch the new/rerun episodes on Adult Swin, because I dont think that the dub is that bad at all.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrry if that was WAY off topic!
biggrin.gif

#14 BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:55 AM

So...
Anybody else worried about this whole "Rukia's energy no longer exists"/Rukia getting turned into a kabob thing?

'Cause nobody seems to be talking about it. Ever.

Any thoughts?

#15 Choji

Choji

Professional Teddy Bear x3

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Ask! ; 3<br /><br />I don't bite..........hard xD

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:45 PM

It's got some serious flaws, but I still enjoy reading the latest chapter every week.

#16 Sen

Sen

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (BlackSheep @ Oct 15 2007, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So...
Anybody else worried about this whole "Rukia's energy no longer exists"/Rukia getting turned into a kabob thing?
'Cause nobody seems to be talking about it. Ever.

Any thoughts?

Rarely anyone ever dies in Bleach, so I don't think you have to worry about that. =/

#17 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Anime

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:43 AM

Anyone exept the Arrancar.

#18 BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:27 AM

...Point taken.

It's just that they haven't even mentioned it in the last few chapters. I AM worried (despite the train of logic that says Rukia is going to be okay)

#19 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:03 AM

Chad is in the same situation pretty much. They'll be ok, just gotta wait until things settle down.

#20 Vivi

Vivi

Dr. Snakes

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:13 AM

They definitely will be..alive. (Bleach will be deserted if Rukia's killed considering her popularity..it's already low in the ratings right now...:/) Chad won't die because Ichigo knows he'll come back!!!1!! Chad NEVAR gets hurt! ;DDDD And Rukia won't die because of the "Kuchiki, don't die alone..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users