31579 replies to this topic

#26841 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:19 AM

That's true, and I think that includes the SasuSaku "images" too which good riddance. 

I truly hope there is no SaladXSasuke.

#26842 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:21 AM

Rule 34 hits hard. Imaginations run wild. So there very well maybe some of that :zaru:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26843 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:01 AM

Rule 34 hits hard. Imaginations run wild. So there very well maybe some of that :zaru:

I already threw up a few minute ago don't make me do it again.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 18 December 2018 - 09:45 PM.

#26844 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 11:41 AM

Apologies my friend. :unsure:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26845 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:50 PM

Ah. I remembered the first wrong then. It sounds like, if Broly's alive, they must be discounting the two that came after. I'm not surprised they went back to him. I remember the first Broly movie being fairly popular back when I paid attention to Dragonball related happenings.

nah you didn't remember the first movie wrong at all, they make you think goku killed him at the end of the first movie, then you find out he's alive in the beginning of the second film, it picks up right where the first one left off basically after goku and the others left thinking broly was dead. anyways enough going off topic, back to naruto related things everyone. so how much worse has boruto gotten btw? I haven't been keeping up with it. last I kept up with it was when they admitted sarada was being sexualized too much but I haven't been keeping up plot wise obviously, it still repeating the movie plot again?.

Edited by ultranx, 18 December 2018 - 10:55 PM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#26846 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:20 AM

You know what's strange? Since they are continuing this franchise with Boruto *blah*, why we hadn't heard any new movies? If this is so damn popular as people and SP claimed it to be, we should had heard something by now.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#26847 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:23 AM

You know what's strange? Since they are continuing this franchise with Boruto *blah*, why we hadn't heard any new movies? If this is so damn popular as people and SP claimed it to be, we should had heard something by now.

I could swear that I heard one is actually in the works, and should be out next year. Of course haven't heard anything but hearsay like with the Hollywood Naruto movie. Anyways its successful anime that get movies, because why would a company make extra product if they know it won't sell? Naruto used to be one of the biggest anime in the world; so, until it ended it got one movie every summer because producers knew they would be profitable.

However, Boruto has never been in the top ten anime in Japan, and while I don't know it anime numbers we do know both it latest manga volume numbers as well as their latest game sales; both are pulling in less then 20% then the last comparable Naruto product. Not only that but since both the Last Naruto Movie, and the First Boruto Movie went international to do any less for the next Boruto is an admittance of Boruto not being as successful as they hoped it would be. So best not to bother, and just say they'll do one eventually.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 December 2018 - 10:35 PM.

#26848 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:30 AM

No kidding. But notice even when they try to do Naruto x Boruto stuff, they focus way too damn much on nostalgic stuff. It's as if Studio Pierrot is realizing they screwed the pooch ROYALLY.

#26849 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:19 AM

Low faith in its ability to get people in theaters in Japan, I'd wager. There's more of a market for cartoon series spin-off films in Japan than here in America - sometimes it feels like unless you're a CGI animated film or Disney you can't even get in theaters here - but they're still not going to want to put a bunch of money into a feature film version if there's a good chance it will lose out. They'll probably try to make at least one, though. If it doesn't take they're probably not wasting the money on any more.

Speaking of animated films, I know it's a bit off topic, but if you guys haven't gone yet, Into the Spider-Verse is super good and worth giving your money. I just saw it this evening.

bd5.jpg

#26850 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:37 AM

Speaking of animated films, I know it's a bit off topic, but if you guys haven't gone yet, Into the Spider-Verse is super good and worth giving your money. I just saw it this evening.

I already saw it via preview screening. It is the best movie, way better than the previous Spider-Man movies. I want a sequel.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#26851 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:24 AM

I know I sound like a broken record but it's true....

Winry Rockbell>>>Hinata Hyuuga.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#26852 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:25 AM

I already saw it via preview screening. It is the best movie, way better than the previous Spider-Man movies. I want a sequel.

The only previous Spider-Man movie I like anywhere near as much is Homecoming, yeah. I still like the first Raimi Spider-Man for what's probably primarily nostalgia, but I've never been a fan of the rest. But Into the Spider-Verse? Yeah, fantastic. I want a sequel too. Hopefully with Spider-Man 2099 is more than the end credits. And more Spider-Man Noir and Peni Parker.

bd5.jpg

#26853 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:43 AM

No kidding. But notice even when they try to do Naruto x Boruto stuff, they focus way too damn much on nostalgic stuff. It's as if Studio Pierrot is realizing they screwed the pooch ROYALLY.

Well there are at least two reason for that. There is barely anything new in Boruto that people actually like:

The tech? the anime largely has ignored this for the most part how ever the manga; Light(ing) Saber,

The villains? Molding Cannibal, Masked Weirdos, Kaguya extended family, and Cyborg Ao (who is the best of the bunch) for the manga; filler villains the anime would have probably still made even if they were still working on Naruto,

New attacks? Anime has another eye blood line to make Bolt important, the Hinata clone has a demon summon, and some generic filler jutsu; as for the manga seals are finally somewhat important however the guy who should have some knowledge of seals, since his family was famous for them was never taught anything about them. So, they are just magical plot power ups.

The other reason is they know by now Boruto is a flop that will never match what Naruto was even at its worst. However their job is to keep it afloat as long as they can. But keeping something that already failed afloat really doesn't inspire one to giving it their all to create something new. It instead make people just rely on what used to work till it finally ends because why put in anymore effort then that? For the anime as well as most of the media that's riding nostalgia as long as they can, for the manga pretend that the manga is super popular to convince the readers while trudging along in their awful slowly paced rehash of the SNS conflict because their names have constantly been attached to this story.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 December 2018 - 05:51 AM.

#26854 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:13 PM

Well there are at least two reason for that. There is barely anything new in Boruto that people actually like:

The tech? the anime largely has ignored this for the most part how ever the manga; Light(ing) Saber,

The villains? Molding Cannibal, Masked Weirdos, Kaguya extended family, and Cyborg Ao (who is the best of the bunch) for the manga; filler villains the anime would have probably still made even if they were still working on Naruto,

New attacks? Anime has another eye blood line to make Bolt important, the Hinata clone has a demon summon, and some generic filler jutsu; as for the manga seals are finally somewhat important however the guy who should have some knowledge of seals, since his family was famous for them was never taught anything about them. So, they are just magical plot power ups.

The other reason is they know by now Boruto is a flop that will never match what Naruto was even at its worst. However their job is to keep it afloat as long as they can. But keeping something that already failed afloat really doesn't inspire one to giving it their all to create something new. It instead make people just rely on what used to work till it finally ends because why put in anymore effort then that? For the anime as well as most of the media that's riding nostalgia as long as they can, for the manga pretend that the manga is super popular to convince the readers while trudging along in their awful slowly paced rehash of the SNS conflict because their names have constantly been attached to this story.

One of my friends always said that "I don't like Boruto, but you have to admit that the shounen tropes are actually well implemented for a shounen."

He says this thinking it is good writing at times, but here is the thing I say....Of course they are good shounen tropes because they worked in Naruto previously. They work in plenty of general shounen genre, but in the case of Boruto it is causing issues with the overall story. To do or have the same problems occur AFTER a time when it was supposedly solved creates a conundrum that maybe the problem wasn't actually solved and thus makes Naruto look even more incompetent.

The more Burrito keeps going, the more Naruto looks like he didn't do anything and he is worthless. What did he solve if the problem occur again? This is supposed to be a time of peace and yet more problems are occurring because of the same issues that were occurring during Naruto's childhood? I guess Naruto didn't bring world peace after all. Sasuke was right. It will never end UNLESS you have someone constantly be the big bad villains for the rest of time occasionally coming out and causing enough issues that people have a problem with. Make them work together and then pretend to be defeated only to comeback like evey 20-30 years to reinforce the idea of peace through warfare.

This is why world peace is a fallacy because someone somewhere will want to do things their way and take out people they don't like. Naruto is a failure and a sociopath.

If Boruto was NOT a Naruto continuation and instead was its own thing....then sure, it is a pretty generic shounen, but since it is not its own thing and is a Naruto continuation....then it just looks like a rehashing with a new coat of surface paint. Chip away at it and you see that it is the exact same thing. New color paint, same old house.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26855 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:42 PM

"In order to appreciate Boruto and see that he is not just some annoying brat , that he has potential to be a good shonen hero , you must first forget about Naruto and see things from Boruto's perspective"

That is what the pro ending said. They said that the boruto hater always comparing Boruto with Naruto that is why they can't never appreciate boruto.

:lmao:

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#26856 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:50 PM

"In order to appreciate Boruto and see that he is not just some annoying brat , that he has potential to be a good shonen hero , you must first forget about Naruto and see things from Boruto's perspective"

That is what the pro ending said. They said that the boruto hater always comparing Boruto with Naruto that is why they can't never appreciate boruto.

:lmao:

Which is a very stupid argument. Might as well say "In order to appreciate Dragonball GT and see that it is not just some cash grab DBZ tag on, you must first forget that Dragonball Z even exists and see the anime for GT alone."

Here let me try this logic:

"In order to appreciate NaruSaku and see that he is not just some annoying pairing, that it has potential to be the best pairing, you must first forget about Hinata and see things from a NS fans perspective."

See? It's easy.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26857 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:10 PM

Which is a very stupid argument. Might as well say "In order to appreciate Dragonball GT and see that it is not just some cash grab DBZ tag on, you must first forget that Dragonball Z even exists and see the anime for GT alone."

Here let me try this logic:

"In order to appreciate NaruSaku and see that he is not just some annoying pairing, that it has potential to be the best pairing, you must first forget about Hinata and see things from a NS fans perspective."

See? It's easy.

That's why i said it many times , never have a debate with these kind of people. You will NEVER gonna win , not because you are in the wrong and they in the right , you never gonna win because they are too far gone. Instead of pulling them up and knock some sense into them and let them see the light , THEY gonna drag you down there into the labyrinth of stupidity.

steellabyrinth-00-900x613.jpg

Just like Analyzer and db84x did to some of you.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#26858 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:04 PM

That's why i said it many times , never have a debate with these kind of people. You will NEVER gonna win , not because you are in the wrong and they in the right , you never gonna win because they are too far gone. Instead of pulling them up and knock some sense into them and let them see the light , THEY gonna drag you down there into the labyrinth of stupidity.

Just like Analyzer and db84x did to some of you.

Well, not you can't win against them, but you can make sure they don't win either by tripping them on their own logic. This is why people like Analyzer fail. They have a good argument going and then trip because they ignore some details or begin to apply counter-intuitive arguments that go against their own arguments. You essentially make them beat themselves so you don't have to.

Like what me, Bail, and many others have said in a previous post, if NH didn't need the movie to be canon and it is all in the manga, then why was the movie made in the first place? They can't explain that one and when you have the answer that in reality, and Kishimoto even admitted, that NH had no development in the manga and thus why they created the movie...they begin to trip on themselves. Which is why they fall back on the "It is not a romance manga."

That is their go to argument whenever they get pushed into a corner where they just can't explain something without admitting NH is a sham, but they are too prideful to say it was a retcon. Then they say "you just don't get it" or "You're just a salty pairing fan."

It's funny how it goes in these arguments. They are so predictable that I can already win the argument without them saying a word really.

After a while, they start accusing you of things they do themselves.
"You need to accept the canon for what it is."
Yet, they whine when things don't go their way or they deny anything that goes against what they feel. They love playing the canon card until the canon goes against what they think.

"It is Kishimoto's story and you should accept his decisions."
Yet again deny anything Kishimoto says against them as joking and claims that they know what Kishimoto true intention was. Ex. How dysfunctional SS is.

"The only reason why you hate the ending was because your pairing didn't become canon."
Meanwhile the only reason why they love the ending is because their pairings became canon.

It's just too easy after a while. It's not coming up with the arguments that frustrates me...it is the fact that they live in such denial all for the sake that they want to think their pairing is the best pairing in anime history when it really isn't. It is a massive fustercluck of a pairing.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 19 December 2018 - 09:07 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26859 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:35 PM

Low faith in its ability to get people in theaters in Japan, I'd wager. There's more of a market for cartoon series spin-off films in Japan than here in America - sometimes it feels like unless you're a CGI animated film or Disney you can't even get in theaters here - but they're still not going to want to put a bunch of money into a feature film version if there's a good chance it will lose out. They'll probably try to make at least one, though. If it doesn't take they're probably not wasting the money on any more.

Cause all the movies would be are the same stuff the first bunch of Naruto films would do, but different names and maybe slightly different aesthetics.

And just look at the arcs so far - all of them are essentially rehashes of Naruto's arcs right down the types of characters involved; their first mission involving a lying client and a big swordsman and such, for example.

In terms of theater showings, also unless it's part of big, already-successful franchise. If it weren't for the huge success of the MCU, for example (and especially Spider-Man: Homecoming itself), Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse would probably have never gotten a theatrical showing and just be straight to DVD/Blu-ray/Digital unless Marvel / Sony was ballsy about it.

One of my friends always said that "I don't like Boruto, but you have to admit that the shounen tropes are actually well implemented for a shounen."

He says this thinking it is good writing at times, but here is the thing I say....Of course they are good shounen tropes because they worked in Naruto previously. They work in plenty of general shounen genre, but in the case of Boruto it is causing issues with the overall story. To do or have the same problems occur AFTER a time when it was supposedly solved creates a conundrum that maybe the problem wasn't actually solved and thus makes Naruto look even more incompetent.

The more Burrito keeps going, the more Naruto looks like he didn't do anything and he is worthless. What did he solve if the problem occur again? This is supposed to be a time of peace and yet more problems are occurring because of the same issues that were occurring during Naruto's childhood? I guess Naruto didn't bring world peace after all. Sasuke was right. It will never end UNLESS you have someone constantly be the big bad villains for the rest of time occasionally coming out and causing enough issues that people have a problem with. Make them work together and then pretend to be defeated only to comeback like evey 20-30 years to reinforce the idea of peace through warfare.

This is why world peace is a fallacy because someone somewhere will want to do things their way and take out people they don't like. Naruto is a failure and a sociopath.

If Boruto was NOT a Naruto continuation and instead was its own thing....then sure, it is a pretty generic shounen, but since it is not its own thing and is a Naruto continuation....then it just looks like a rehashing with a new coat of surface paint. Chip away at it and you see that it is the exact same thing. New color paint, same old house.

It also proves Pein and Madara right too - Pein with the "keep people too afraid to cause problems lest they be obliterated" and Madara with how everyone would have to conform to the same ideals and thinking, which would never happen so long as there was free will and individuality, hence the Moon's Eye Plan - and how foolishly naive and mentally ill-prepared Naruto was.

This is why one could say the entirety of part two was a problem due to Naruto never having at least mentally matured during his "training" with Jiraiya and returning pretty much no different.

2e5.gif

#26860 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:26 PM

Cause all the movies would be are the same stuff the first bunch of Naruto films would do, but different names and maybe slightly different aesthetics.

And just look at the arcs so far - all of them are essentially rehashes of Naruto's arcs right down the types of characters involved; their first mission involving a lying client and a big swordsman and such, for example.

Fair point, but that's never stopped anyone before. Disney's in the middle of remaking every animated film they've ever done into live action - or in Lion Kings case, "live action inspired" - without doing anything particularly different or inspired. If money were involved, I don't think the people behind Boruto would be too upset about simply rehashing Naruto movies.

In terms of theater showings, also unless it's part of big, already-successful franchise. If it weren't for the huge success of the MCU, for example (and especially Spider-Man: Homecoming itself), Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse would probably have never gotten a theatrical showing and just be straight to DVD/Blu-ray/Digital unless Marvel / Sony was ballsy about it.

I'd go so far as to say it would be more likely they wouldn't even make it at all than go direct to DVD, especially given how much money they put into it and the animation techniques they've apparently pioneered with the film. Marvel's not... super prolific when it comes to animation, especially DTV, and don't seem to bother with it much outside of a couple cartoons. You can count the number of DTV films they've done on two hands. For some reason they've just kind of left animation to be WB/DC's arena, aside from a brief time when they seemed to want their own version of DC's fairly successful animated DTV film line.

We kinda got lucky the stars aligned on this one and they decided to make a theater film.

Edited by dl316bh, 20 December 2018 - 09:30 PM.

bd5.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users