• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#44021 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:57 AM

I was thinking about the war arc again, and this is something that always got to me...

Do you guys think feel that the ninja war dragged on longer then it needed to? and I'm mainly referring to when we get back to Naruto vs Tobi in Chapter 594?

Sure you did cut away to Sasuke for about 10 chapters, but after 627 you're just stuck on 1 battlefield for like 52 chapters when Kaguya comes in and takes Team 7 into another dimension. 

I feel like the war should've ended when Obito was defeated  in Chapter 655 that way you could've easily dedicated the last 45 chapters on clearing all the other plot points and deliver a better executed Naruto vs Sasuke final fight.

Oh hell yes it did drag on you didn't even need marada in this or at least get rid of him when itachi made kabuto undo the justu. Cut the kaguya kitten out and use that time to clear plot holes and resolution to some. Have sasuke actually destory the village and Naruto has a reason to stop sasuke. Yes that final fight of naruto vs sasuke in the half is just a rip off of snake vs ocelot from mgs 4 one of the greatest final fight in a game ever.
Have you watched rwby cause that series is awesome especially yang and the whole team and pryyra.
I would to see naruto turn 2017 Logan cause that be awesome. Like naruto loses sakura to sasuke meaning her and Sasuke are together and Sasuke is hokage and everyone abandoned him he leaves for a long time and winds up like Logan a tired, broken mess while everyone He knew is still young and still the same as he left. As where he went to time moved faster and he got a reality check at how the world works. I'd love to see the leaf villages reaction to seeing him like that and he wants nothing to do with them like he acts like Logan and James mcavoy from days of future past. And he kittening hates sasuke so much and tells him to his face. Naruto then says he wished he killed him after the war.

#44022 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:36 AM

I think one of the biggest problems of the war arc was its time span with it lasting only two days. The first regardless of what you felt about the content (I doubt anyone here was invested with Mifune vs Hanzo) at least has the basic structure of Naruto/shonen arc spanning 39-40 chapter and 3 volumes. While the second day spanned from volumes 58 to 72 and Naruto goes to goes from Kage level, to tailed beast level to demi god on the same day (same with Sasuke). Had the war gone on for a few months it might have been more believable. 

Another problem I think was the flashbacks that last a mini 6 chapter arc that would of been better of as a prequel/spinoff being published at the time as the main story, similar to how Hiro did Fairy Tail Zero. Along with the boss battles being too much and too long, as while Naruto is known to many great length boss battle (Sakura vs Sasori comes to mind) the ones in the war could last up to 2 volumes (pretty sure that was how much the Jubi Obito stuff lasted) or too much attention certain characters (Naruto, Sasuke and Madara), focus on characters that didn't really need that attention (Itachi and the Edo Hokages) and pushing aside other characters that could really use that focus to show their new abilities (Sakura, the rest of the rookie 9 and some of the other allied ninja).

#44023 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:52 AM

@luckychi
Yes, it's.
@sushi
You drop op manga?

yes :c

I just skipped one chapter and then one too many. I tried to get in touch with the anime agaim, but it sucks so. Dropped it around Doflamingo's defeat.

ナルサク

#44024 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:05 AM

I was thinking about the war arc again, and this is something that always got to me...

Do you guys think feel that the ninja war dragged on longer then it needed to? and I'm mainly referring to when we get back to Naruto vs Tobi in Chapter 594?

Sure you did cut away to Sasuke for about 10 chapters, but after 627 you're just stuck on 1 battlefield for like 52 chapters when Kaguya comes in and takes Team 7 into another dimension. 

I feel like the war should've ended when Obito was defeated  in Chapter 655 that way you could've easily dedicated the last 45 chapters on clearing all the other plot points and deliver a better executed Naruto vs Sasuke final fight. 

I think one of the biggest problems of the war arc was its time span with it lasting only two days. The first regardless of what you felt about the content (I doubt anyone here was invested with Mifune vs Hanzo) at least has the basic structure of Naruto/shonen arc spanning 39-40 chapter and 3 volumes. While the second day spanned from volumes 58 to 72 and Naruto goes to goes from Kage level, to tailed beast level to demi god on the same day (same with Sasuke). Had the war gone on for a few months it might have been more believable. 

Another problem I think was the flashbacks that last a mini 6 chapter arc that would of been better of as a prequel/spinoff being published at the time as the main story, similar to how Hiro did Fairy Tail Zero. Along with the boss battles being too much and too long, as while Naruto is known to many great length boss battle (Sakura vs Sasori comes to mind) the ones in the war could last up to 2 volumes (pretty sure that was how much the Jubi Obito stuff lasted) or too much attention certain characters (Naruto, Sasuke and Madara), focus on characters that didn't really need that attention (Itachi and the Edo Hokages) and pushing aside other characters that could really use that focus to show their new abilities (Sakura, the rest of the rookie 9 and some of the other allied ninja).

There were definitely some potentially interesting ideas, but as has been the problem for a while, they just weren't executed properly.  Aside from the mentioned problems, I actually don't mind Kaguya in general as an idea, but the way she was obviously forced into things in order to both kill off Madara because he was made way too OP for even Naruto and Sasuke (while also dumbing down Kaguya herself) as well as to force Hinata and the Byakugan into relevance.

There was also the problem where some of the Edo zombies shown for fights were completely unnecessary because not only were they done for forced drama, emotion, etc., but they also involved characters of whom, when it comes to those zombies, already essentially had closure with them - primarily Hizashi and Dan. Hiashi and Neji closed that bit in the Chunin Exams after Neji's match with Naruto, and Tsunade got closure when she chose to become the Hokage in the first place.

2e5.gif

#44025 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:34 AM

There were definitely some potentially interesting ideas, but as has been the problem for a while, they just weren't executed properly.  Aside from the mentioned problems, I actually don't mind Kaguya in general as an idea, but the way she was obviously forced into things in order to both kill off Madara because he was made way too OP for even Naruto and Sasuke (while also dumbing down Kaguya herself) as well as to force Hinata and the Byakugan into relevance.
There was also the problem where some of the Edo zombies shown for fights were completely unnecessary because not only were they done for forced drama, emotion, etc., but they also involved characters of whom, when it comes to those zombies, already essentially had closure with them - primarily Hizashi and Dan. Hiashi and Neji closed that bit in the Chunin Exams after Neji's match with Naruto, and Tsunade got closure when she chose to become the Hokage in the first place.

Ya but even after kaguya was defeated hinata and her clan still had no relevance even after the farce of a movie. Cause hinata is back to square one not being of any use and only thinking about Naruto, being the worse mom and wife and having no life outside her family.

#44026 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

I just like putting naruto in bad situations where he can't win and he gets broken both figuratively and mentally like Logan in his recent movie.

I deducted that since a while XD

Yup, it dragged till it got at the point being for just making the story longer. It got lame and there were other better options that it should have been used.

#44027 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:55 PM

I just like putting naruto in bad situations where he can't win and he gets broken both figuratively and mentally like Logan in his recent movie.

Superman-Prime vs. Naruto and Sasuke. They both get killed to death..... that's if he decides to be nice.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 18 March 2017 - 12:58 PM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#44028 Shashank95

Shashank95

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, writing and reading. Love playing sports, especially Basketball, futbol and Table Tennis.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

Superman-Prime vs. Naruto and Sasuke. They both get killed to death..... that's if he decides to be nice.

So we talking about this?

mm0sQ.jpg

Or this?

hqdefault.jpg

He's screwed either way but it's a matter of how brutally Naruto gets merced :P

tumblr_inline_okp5x4EZXE1u7313d_540.png

#44029 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

So we talking about this?
mm0sQ.jpg

Or this?
hqdefault.jpg

He's screwed either way but it's a matter of how brutally Naruto gets merced :P

Neither. I'm talking about Superman-Prime. Superboy-Prime becomes Superman-Prime after absorbing Oan's energy. This guy:

Attached Files

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

#44030 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

I think another problem for the war was character design wise, as the majority characters got new designs to order to be dressed for a full on war.

Some new designs work like Tobi & Kabuto:
http://lh6.ggpht.com...jpg?imgmax=1600

While other like the deceased akatsuki members look rather plain compare to the old get up:

https://shannaro.fil...naruto489-2.jpg

http://vignette4.wik...=20130509204125

A mixed for me would be the K11:
https://toxicmuffin....yfans-02-03.jpg

On hand it kinda cool finally seeing them all wear their villages combat flak jacket (same with Sand siblings) on the other hand some of the uniques of their characters has been robbed. Take Sai, Ino, Hinata, Neji, Tenten, Teamri, Kiba and Sakura (when she replaces her skirt with regular combat trousers) just look grunts in an army; which I know is the point but without any characteristics details added to those designs (like akatsuki members do with their cloaks) they look rather bland when putting them next to characters with more detailed looks, Best Example is when Team 7 finally reunited for the first time during the war
http://vignette4.wik...=20130603065801

Shikamaru (who always wore flak jacket in part 2), Lee, chouij, Shino, Kankuro and Gaara at least still stand out for mostly ether looking the same with a few added details or because of their clan uniform.

While for Naruto while he kept his part two get up because he was supposed to be locked away for the war when he did come out his designs always changed depending how much tailed beast power he had and while the sixth paths one is my favourite out the three they only stuck around depending how much charakra he had left so led to him going in and out 5 min power charge we had during the last had of the war. I would of honestly wished we had something that mixed his sage cloak with his gusty ninja design like this: http://ladygt.devian...loack-207645426

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 18 March 2017 - 06:21 PM.

#44031 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:53 PM

I deducted that since a while XD

Yup, it dragged till it got at the point being for just making the story longer. It got lame and there were other better options that it should have been used.

Wait is that one that became a member of the sinestro corps in the sinestro corps war? Also that link you had didn't that superman prime kill lex Luthor in countdown and kill a pregnant woman, cause I think it is and that the one that made the superboy prime voice a thing with linkara and how I read all of sasuke, war obito and rescue obito naruto.
What you don't think about naruto in hopeless situation and being broken.

#44032 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

One of the few more debtable topics is whether or not ObiRin become canon... and personally I think it did :

naruto-4536581.jpg

naruto-4536583.jpg

naruto-4536585.jpg

and more so with this: 

naruto-5082875.jpg

naruto-5100753.jpg

naruto-5100755.jpg

naruto-5100757.jpg

Well ignoring the thing that comes after this scene with Kakashi powerup, I feel that at the very least Kishi did a great job at foreshadowing not just Obito's reunion with Rin, but also make them canon in a way.  Funny how Obito was able to do one thing that Naruto couldn't do since they practically mirror one a another. 

Still it's not enough to redeem the series.. not even by a long shot. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 19 March 2017 - 03:01 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#44033 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

Obito and Rin became canon when they're seen together after Obito died.

NS had the same dynamic and same kind of interactions like Obito and Rin. It shows how much the manga was or later being controlled not just by Kishimoto.

Edited by T XD, 19 March 2017 - 05:34 PM.

#44034 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

Kishimoto just needs to be a man and put his foot down. It boggles my mind how he could incorporate so much stuff in his story about never giving up and never running away, and what a man is supposed to be and then be such a p***y in real life.   He's the one that put in all the hard work at the end of the day. You don't let a bunch of kitten who didn't write a single line or draw a single panel come and take over your story. The sooner he puts his foot down and make Naruto and the ending the way he wants to do it, the sooner I will respect him more as a writer, artist, and ultimately a man. I'll even buy every volume.

Wait is that one that became a member of the sinestro corps in the sinestro corps war? Also that link you had didn't that superman prime kill lex Luthor in countdown and kill a pregnant woman, cause I think it is and that the one that made the superboy prime voice a thing with linkara and how I read all of sasuke, war obito and rescue obito naruto.
What you don't think about naruto in hopeless situation and being broken.

Superboy-Prime was the member of the Sinestro Corps in the Sinestro Corps War. Superman-Prime killed Zod and his wife who was pregnant. Then he wiped out The Justice League of that world. And yeah, he attacked Lex Luthor. And he would wipe out the entire Narutoverse in the blink of eye lol. All he has to do is fly into it. As for Naruto and Sasuke, he would kill them to death if he chooses to be nice.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 19 March 2017 - 04:39 PM.

#44035 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

One of the few more debtable topics is whether or not ObiRin become canon... and personally I think it did :

naruto-4536581.jpg

naruto-4536583.jpg

naruto-4536585.jpg

and more so with this: 

naruto-5082875.jpg

naruto-5100753.jpg

naruto-5100755.jpg

naruto-5100757.jpg

Well ignoring the thing that comes after this scene with Kakashi powerup, I feel that at the very least Kishi did a great job at foreshadowing not just Obito's reunion with Rin, but also make them canon in a way.  Funny how Obito was able to do one thing that Naruto couldn't do since they practically mirror one a another. 

Still it's not enough to redeem the series.. not even by a long shot. 

I'd say Obito and Rin were canon for sure, Chi, considering that it seems more obvious to me even if Rin was attracted to Kakashi, she had plenty of feelings for Obito, given how visibly hurt she was at his death, as well as how she was also hurt when Kakashi told her that he was willing to abandon her, which is why I figured that she did love Obito, but it was too late for her to tell him since he was gone...

#44036 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

Kishimoto just needs to be a man and put his foot down. It boggles my mind how he could incorporate so much stuff in his story about never giving up and never running away, and what a man is supposed to be and then be such a p***y in real life.   He's the one that put in all the hard work at the end of the day. You don't let a bunch of kitten who didn't write a single line or draw a single panel come and take over your story. The sooner he puts his foot down and make Naruto and the ending the way he wants to do it, the sooner I will respect him more as a writer, artist, and ultimately a man. I'll even buy every volume.

Superboy-Prime was the member of the Sinestro Corps in the Sinestro Corps War. Superman-Prime killed Zod and his wife who was pregnant. Then he wiped out The Justice League of that world. And yeah, he attacked Lex Luthor. And he would wipe out the entire Narutoverse in the blink of eye lol. All he has to do is fly into it. As for Naruto and Sasuke, he would kill them to death if he chooses to be nice.

I see what you did there with superboy prime. I hope someday will do that but til he is scum.

I'd say Obito and Rin were canon for sure, Chi, considering that it seems more obvious to me even if Rin was attracted to Kakashi, she had plenty of feelings for Obito, given how visibly hurt she was at his death, as well as how she was also hurt when Kakashi told her that he was willing to abandon her, which is why I figured that she did love Obito, but it was too late for her to tell him since he was gone...

I still think obito got off to easy after he died I mean this guy broke the world, killed how many people and he gets let off that easy. He should have gotten the punishment toguro wanted after he died and after serving his time he can be with Rin I mean their both dead so they have all the time in the world.

#44037 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

I see what you did there with superboy prime. I hope someday will do that but til he is scum.
I still think obito got off to easy after he died I mean this guy broke the world, killed how many people and he gets let off that easy. He should have gotten the punishment toguro wanted after he died and after serving his time he can be with Rin I mean their both dead so they have all the time in the world.

1260144-killyoutodeath.jpg

#44038 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

1260144-killyoutodeath.jpg

Ya that's the one where linkara uses the superboy prime voice.

#44039 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:49 PM

Ya that's the one where linkara uses the superboy prime voice.

who is Linkara?

#44040 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:09 PM

who is Linkara?

Same kind of question I asked him few days ago :P He's an internet reviewer who reviews comics.

Edited by T XD, 19 March 2017 - 08:09 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)