Close
Photo

Which Anime/Manga do you think deserves a reboot/sequel/spinoff?

anime manga reboot sequel spinoff continuation live-action milk the cow

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:09 PM

Hi!

By the time I'm creating this thread, a new anime season for the Dragon Ball franchise has been announced and is titled Dragon Ball Super. I'm not a fan of Dragon Ball, and it's been years since I've watched the anime, but I'm aware of the fact what hype the announcement of a new Dragon Ball anime season has caused among the Dragon Ball fandom (like seriously, it's crazy).

In a way, this news made be wonder which of my own favorite childhood animes and mangas I'd like to see be given a new reboot/continuation/spinoff; however, it also just made me ponder about anime/manga continuations in whatever form in general. What do you guys have to say about this topic? Do you think that sometimes this is all about "milking the cow"? And what would you like see being rebooted? What do you NOT want being rebooted and why? Live-action movies/TV series I suppose also count. And compilation movies, too (although I don't see the point of these movies safe for a few extra scenes to add some new material in there).

I'll share my own thoughts to this

Edited by trang95, 29 April 2015 - 12:27 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:11 PM

AoT may be milked but I am shocked that anime didn't continue right away. You know if it was another studio they would have made them do original story even though it's one big story. So color me surprised.

#3 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

AoT may be milked but I am shocked that anime didn't continue right away. You know if it was another studio they would have made them do original story even though it's one big story. So color me surprised.

The wait is horrible. Seriously, by the time season 2 comes out, it's been three years.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#4 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:13 PM

The wait is horrible. Seriously, by the time season 2 comes out, it's been three years.

At least it's exciting. I rather wait then continuous get more of them like OP and Naruto. It's like CoD, sure you get more of them every year, but a wait will make it fresh.

#5 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

I can understand why they've been delaying AoT Season 2 for this long because they want it to be as good as season 1 because that budget was like damn alot, and considering they needed more content too is the other thing. 

As for which series I wanna see get a remake I'd have to say Rave Master because the whole series never got fully animated it only went up to like Volume 9 so I really truly believe there should be a remake of Rave Master for sure as far as anime goes, and ofcourse Tokyo Ghoul needs one too for obvious reasons. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:27 PM

Rave Master is a good choice. Tokyo Ghoul is a must. That's all I got for now.

#7 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:41 PM

Imao, how could I have forgotten Tokyo Ghoul XD?!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#8 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

Imao, how could I have forgotten Tokyo Ghoul XD?!

I say it has a good chance but not now. Probably down like 2 years as much as I hate to say it. The one series I would love to say "You got to watch it!" I can't with this one. FUUUUU

#9 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:50 PM

Saint Seiya Lost Canvas needs a continuation in the anime.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#10 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

I say it has a good chance but not now. Probably down like 2 years as much as I hate to say it. The one series I would love to say "You got to watch it!" I can't with this one. FUUUUU

I hope one day to see :re animated, too. Sigh, madhouse... That animation studio is very versatile in its animation style, so I'm sure the animation to Tokyo Ghoul would look nice.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#11 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

-Tokyo Ghoul needs a reboot like right now (Madhouse pls)

-Tsukihime also needs a reboot, the anime was so bad, so bad, the fans tell people that there was "no Tsukihime anime". It was even worse than the first Fate/ Stay Night

-For Madoka it would be nice if we got a spin off of some form, it would be awesome seeing a "different story" or "oriko magica" animated by Shaft

- The Fate series already has Fate/Zero, UBW and soon in the future, Heaven's Feel so I hope Ufo has enough money to bring out the Fate route, Fate/Apocrypha and  maybe Fate/Extra and Type moon brings out another season of carnival phantasm

-AOT, I desperately want the second season.

-Umineko needs a reboot too but that's almost impossible. Umineko as a VN is very difficult to grasp and it's going to be awfully difficult to adapt into anime, maybe if they follow the manga...the studio also needs to be good

Edited by Nar123, 28 April 2015 - 08:32 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#12 HuskyLover

HuskyLover

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Interests:KibaHina
    NaruSaku
    EdXWinry
    Kiba Inuzuka
    Sakura Haruno
    Edward Elric
    Monkey D. Luffy

One Piece
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    n̶a̶r̶u̶t̶o̶ (not anymore)
    HXH
    Some others too

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:24 PM

I don't know how many people here have seen Yu yu Hakusho but I think that deserves a remake (like HXH did)  :smile:

Cute-Husky-Puppies-3-dogs-30206500-500-3

#13 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:40 PM

I don't know how many people here have seen Yu yu Hakusho but I think that deserves a remake (like HXH did)  :smile:

Wasn't that done by Studio Pierrot?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#14 Sakura~

Sakura~

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:currently obsessed with Gintama and One Piece.
    http://clefairiess.tumblr.com

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

Tokyo Ghoul!!! SP's version was so terrible. It even discouraged me from  reading the manga.

harley_quinn___sign_by_ravenlsd-d8q43el.

#15 HuskyLover

HuskyLover

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Interests:KibaHina
    NaruSaku
    EdXWinry
    Kiba Inuzuka
    Sakura Haruno
    Edward Elric
    Monkey D. Luffy

One Piece
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    n̶a̶r̶u̶t̶o̶ (not anymore)
    HXH
    Some others too

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:56 PM

Wasn't that done by Studio Pierrot?

Yeah it was and there wasn't really anything wrong with their adaption either.

But I want a remake by a different studio, preferably Madhouse as they did HXH (that way both of Togashi's work could have remake adaptions done by a Great Quality Studio)

Cute-Husky-Puppies-3-dogs-30206500-500-3

#16 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:58 PM

Tokyo Ghoul!!! SP's version was so terrible. It even discouraged me from  reading the manga.

Understandable. In all honesty, if I had just sticked to the anime (and never read any youtube comments), I'd have never started reading the manga.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#17 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:18 PM

It shouldnt, the manga is godly

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#18 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:35 PM

It shouldnt, the manga is godly

But I'm sure it did for many XD Especially after Root A- oh gosh, that's a disgrace to the TG franchise in general.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#19 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

Understandable. In all honesty, if I had just sticked to the anime (and never read any youtube comments), I'd have never started reading the manga.

Exactly. It's called advertisements for a reason with those anime, yet they still botched it.

#20 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:34 PM

Pandora Hearts absolutely 100% needs a reboot, especially now that the manga's complete. A proper adaptation to showcase how amazing it really is. A reboot would also help give it some more much needed exposure. The story's a masterpiece, and it deserves all the recognition it can get.

Edited by CloudMountainJuror, 28 April 2015 - 11:37 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anime, manga, reboot, sequel, spinoff, continuation, live-action, milk the cow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users