154 replies to this topic

#21 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

They really haven't said much about Ken Watanabe's role in the film, although some claim he might play a role akin to Daisuke Serizama from the original 1954 film.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was it. They did have clues on their comic con display site that spelt our the name Serizawa. 

Anyone got an link to the trailer? Why are they taking it down so much? It's like these fools don't want their movie to have publicity.

Sorry, no luck at the moment. The actual trailer is leaked, so that's probably why it's being taken down. But who's to say that the leak isn't their doing to begin with. Especially since it has footage that wasn't described at either Comic Cons. 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#22 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

According to sources it seems like the first official trailer for Godzilla is to be attached to The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug.

Also they leaked what Godzilla is going to look like for the 2014 film on Amazon of all places:

tumblr_mwn9x27SMJ1stgzqbo1_400.jpg

Edited by Toasty Warrior, 22 November 2013 - 09:20 AM.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#23 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

conan_the_destroyer_06_stor.jpg

He still kind of looks like this to me. 

I'll wait till I see him in action. His skin is really more reptilian than the original designs. Arms are still too short for my liking.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#24 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

I think it's in comparison with his bulkier/chubbier torso region.  It makes his arms and face/nose look stubbier by comparison.

#25 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

In the teaser trailer, he arms seemed quite long, but it could be the way the logo is positioned, making his arms look stubby and yes, start running Pacific Rim kaiju! The real King Of Monsters is back to reclaim his throne!

"They don't want none"

#26 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

The official trailer has just been released! https://www.youtube....h?v=QjKO10hKtYw It's the same as the one that was released in extremely bad quality a couple months ago. Although it is much better in HD :D

10wnpqp.jpg

#27 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

I hate this trailer; it gives me the impression that it's just like Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon.

1. In America. Why? Godzilla was in friggin' Japan for God's sake.i

2. The idea of soldiers jumping out of a plane like that was already used in Dark of the Moon, and like that it looks incredibly stupid. What are they planning to accomplish, exactly, besides earn third-degree re-entry burns and Sudden Onset Godzilla Death (SOGD)?

3. WHY IS IT IN AMERICA?! THE DIRECTOR IS BRITISH, is he REALLY gonna pander like this?!

4. -or, if it is not in America:- Where is the Japanese Defence Force?!

I won't be surprised if I see Shia LeBeouf at this point. I really won't be.

#28 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

This trailer actually leaked in super low quality a few months ago. Sad. I was hoping for new footage. I'm fine with it taking place in America. This is a movie shot for general American audiences as well as old fans. Of all the things that went wrong with the '98 movie, location is not the biggest issue here for me. I get they're trying to sell it to US audiences and I'm fine with that. If they're going to shroud him in most of the trailers (better than just a tail) I'm hoping to see the side monsters that he's going to fight (they can conceal the big bad if they want).

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#29 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

Trailer is awesome. Perfect build-up all the way through to the end.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#30 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

That halo jump they did at the beginning of the trailer was pretty sick leading into seeing Godzilla stomping through the city and boy is he large. I know this will do better than the GINO film since the cast is also better. I wonder if the army is thinking about sending in the Jagers to combat Godzilla? :P

"They don't want none"

#31 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

I also think the trailer was really good, the build up was great throughout the trailer. The halo jump was also really cool and when you see Godzilla through the guys goggles :O I don't think they will use Jaegers as I've heard Pacific Rim and Godzilla aren't going to be linked. Apparently Godzilla is meant to be the Anti-Hero opposed to a straight up villain or hero.  

10wnpqp.jpg

#32 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

That halo jump they did at the beginning of the trailer was pretty sick leading into seeing Godzilla stomping through the city and boy is he large. I know this will do better than the GINO film since the cast is also better. I wonder if the army is thinking about sending in the Jagers to combat Godzilla? :P

Just a note, GINO IS an official Toho Kaiju, under the name "Zilla."

Also, it's no Godzilla film without a city crippled and burning, so as long as that's happening, I don't care what city it is.....

http://www.geeksofdo...res-new-footage  Japanese trailer and tv spot.  Somewhat similar, but has some different scenes shown than the American version. Includes a clearer look at Ken Watanabe.

Spoiler

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 12 December 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#33 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Godzilla_2014_December_10_Poster.jpg

Let's see, judging from the poster and looking at the bridge, I'd say that looks like the Golden Gate Bridge, so it's more than likely Godzilla is attacking San Francisco or those MUTO creatures are attacking it and Godzilla is just there to play house keeping.

As far as the spoiler:

Spoiler

"They don't want none"

#34 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

New trailer is out. Link:

10wnpqp.jpg

#35 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

New trailer is out. Link:

That last scene just gave me chills!!! I can't wait to see it!

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#36 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

So excited for this movie! I love the tone set! I love how it's shot so far. I love that the nuclear tests in the Pacific weren't tests but just a covered up attempt to kill him. WTH is that weird glowy orb thing?

Honestly though, not entirely digging the roar at the moment. I'll have to wait and see what it sounds/looks like in his full glory.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 26 February 2014 - 12:05 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#37 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:12 AM

What's wrong with the roar?

#38 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

Already planned on watching the movie but this trailer made me even more excited about it! Less than 3 months away, I also think the roar while being good isn't amazing so hopefully there are other variations. I think tbh the 1998 american film's Godzilla or Zilla whatever had the best roar and probably my most favourite design, excluding this one which might be better.

10wnpqp.jpg

#39 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

What's wrong with the roar?

It kind of just sounds generic. It's not really his iconic battle roar. I think that the only thing GINO really did right was how they tweaked the original roar to add more variety/ emotion. The millennium movies utilized it. This one sounds like they changed it and now it's just ... not him to me. 

Also:

Spoiler:

Godzilla!

Edited by chouzu_tao, 26 February 2014 - 11:41 PM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#40 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:23 AM

I can't help but feel nervous about this, I still remember the last time Hollywood got its hands on Godzilla, but this does look much much more promising. The tone is looking really good and I wonder if it will retain the original movies anti-nuclear message or if it will be updated to something that's maybe a little more relevant.

Speaking of the original I noticed the mention of 1954 which is obviously the year the original movie was released and took place in, combined with Ken Watanabe's character being called Daisuke Serizawa (also the name of the doctor in the original) is this new film a sequel to the original or a remake or are they nothing more than tips of the hat to the franchise?

Also I sort of agree with chouzu_tao about the roar but I'm not sure if some of it is the music in the background throwing it off because I remember the teaser trailer having a roar pretty similar to his iconic one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Godzilla, LegendaryPictures, Reboot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users