• Please log in to reply
3333 replies to this topic

#3101 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 21 December 2019 - 03:52 AM

It's gonna burn your eyes .... you've been warned :argh:

So has there really been any point to this arc yet like what's the goal here by going back in time?

#3102 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:30 AM

So has there really been any point to this arc yet like what's the goal here by going back in time?

Oh that's simple. This was the twentieth anniversary of Naruto and SP wanted a boost in rating.  

#3103 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:39 AM

Was there?

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 December 2019 - 09:39 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3104 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 04:38 PM

Was there?

Doubt it. Who in Japan is still watching this piece of kitten anyway?

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3105 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 21 December 2019 - 05:17 PM

Sadly, impressionable little kids who have never watched or read the original Naruto and couldn't care a whit about continuity. Oh, and the deluded dregs from NH/SS who are unhealthily trying to convince themselves that this is what they wanted.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#3106 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:49 PM

Sadly, impressionable little kids who have never watched or read the original Naruto and couldn't care a whit about continuity. Oh, and the deluded dregs from NH/SS who are unhealthily trying to convince themselves that this is what they wanted.

How sad but true.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3107 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 10:38 PM

If you want to spin it like that fine, but its more likely that it was; while Sasuke suppressed/erased the memories of the event, but he could not erase what they felt because of the event. So, Sakura feels that she should not give up on her love for Sasuke no matter what (for some reason), and Naruto feels a closeness towards Hinata (also) for some reason.

If you want to spin it like that fine, but its more likely that it was: we can't stand NaruSaku because we want Hinata to be the real winner of this story so let's put Sakura with Sasuke despite Sasuke hating her and come up with some excuse later. So, Sakura feels the way she does because we want to paint Sakura out of the picture so Hinata can have a chance and Sasuke (for no reason) all of a sudden feels for Sakura, and Naruto feels a closeness towards Hinata thanks to a plot device known as a brainwashing genjutsu by a guy named Toneri who also loves Hinata (also) for no reason.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 21 December 2019 - 10:39 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3108 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:52 AM

From what I understand it, what Kagomaru said. Once it got on Sunday -which is pretty much Japan's "Saturday morning cartoons"- it doesn't have to be good it just has to not be bad enough that so that kids watch it while they wait for other better shows to come on.

#3109 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:53 PM

Well I was asking if there was an actual general boost in ratings, not really who's actually watching it. I know for a fact kids will watch it as that is the intent of puting it on a Sunday morning slot. Not to mention I've already stated this. All of this garbage shipping moments for both couples is beyond sad and pathetic because anyone watching KNOWS they are married so what's the point? I doubt very much many original fans are into Boruto in Japan since that audience trapping stunt with  "The Last". Kids that are watching it don't care for more moments between the parents if there is hardly focus on them and again they are ignorant and unaware of the original series, so it sounds like a desperate attempt from SP to justify what they did in their minds because there is no point to it otherwise. The intended audience doesn't care about canon and what lack of development the NH and SS couples have since those kids would not be really watching Naruto anyway, correct me if I'm wrong. Although I'd imagine that if they WERE to show the original, those kids would scratch their heads just as much as the original audience would and would probably call BS too. Kids are not that stupid, :hehehe: especially considering if they watch a typical anime to which many would be exposed to, in some shape or form.

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 December 2019 - 12:34 AM.

#3110 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:49 PM

Oh that's simple. This was the twentieth anniversary of Naruto and SP wanted a boost in rating.

Really so there's really no reason in story why those two are in the past. Wtf.

#3111 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:19 PM

Like I said, non-canon.

But the fanbase doesn't care anyway. Canon and non-canon have blurred lines now. It is only what they accept is the canon.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3112 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 01:09 PM

Exactly. :th_yeah:

#3113 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 09:11 PM

Like I said, non-canon.
But the fanbase doesn't care anyway. Canon and non-canon have blurred lines now. It is only what they accept is the canon.

I hate that this is a thing now kitten like this broke star wars with the last jedi and rise of Skywalker made it worse.

Exactly. :th_yeah:

So basically that arc served no purpose, heck forever red in power Rangers was better than this time travel arc and forever red was a better celebration of the first 10 years of power Rangers.

#3114 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:46 AM

I was only disappointed Forever Red was only a single episode instead of at least two :ermm:

#3115 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:27 PM

I was only disappointed Forever Red was only a single episode instead of at least two :ermm:

True but it's still a better celebration than Naruto just got and forever red was almost 20 years ago.
I heard it was supposed to be two parts.

#3116 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 08:09 AM

I know how you feel, Phantom. But the stuff with it just for ONE episode was impressive, like the kind of respect Cole had for Jason when he first met him, especially with his being the first Red Ranger and seeing them work together so well as well. :) You can tell "Forever Red" was a real love letter to Power Rangers' first 10 years.

#3117 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 08:46 AM

True but it's still a better celebration than Naruto just got and forever red was almost 20 years ago.
I heard it was supposed to be two parts.

I know how you feel, Phantom. But the stuff with it just for ONE episode was impressive, like the kind of respect Cole had for Jason when he first met him, especially with his being the first Red Ranger and seeing them work together so well as well. :) You can tell "Forever Red" was a real love letter to Power Rangers' first 10 years.

Definitley yes. I wasn't complaining. I just wish there was more of it :yes:

#3118 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:13 PM

Sadly every milestone after forever red was bad.

#3119 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:39 PM

I hate that this is a thing now kitten like this broke star wars with the last jedi and rise of Skywalker made it worse.

Yeah, especially with Star Wars. "Rise of Skywalker fixed all the issues" No, it just covered them up and told you "don't look behind the curtain." The Last Jedi still exists and it still makes Rey a Mary Sue.

"Well, now she has anger issues"
Oh yes, because adding angst for the sake of it makes everything better now.

As the "rEaL sTaR wArS fAnS" would say "They need to accept the canon that The Last Jedi is apart of." Now even the TLJ fans want to forget it exist because ROS fixed it apparently.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 30 December 2019 - 04:58 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3120 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 12:56 AM

Yeah, especially with Star Wars. "Rise of Skywalker fixed all the issues" No, it just covered them up and told you "don't look behinf the curtain." The Last Jedi still exists and it still makes Rey a Mary Sue.
"Well, now she has anger issues"
Oh yes, because adding angst for the sake of it makes everything better now.
As the "rEaL sTaR wArS fAnS" would say "They need to accept the canon that The Last Jedi is apart of." Now even the TLJ fans want to forget it exist because ROS fixed it apparently.

Agreed plus rise of Skywalker makes no sense mostly cause of palpas.
It didn't it tried to fix some things but it didn't work and this is why you need to plan out your trilogy.
Plus star wars fans are just as worse as Naruto fans.

Edited by VanitasDS76491, 30 December 2019 - 12:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users