82 replies to this topic

#61 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:22 PM

Yeah. HENCE why they are milking this zombie series HOPING to make a profit of it somewhere. That's why they are trying to draw back in old fans

Every remaining drop.

#62 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:38 PM

Yeah. HENCE why they are milking this zombie series HOPING to make a profit of it somewhere. That's why they are trying to draw back in old fans

good luck with that! lol

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#63 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:18 PM

Naruto anime is still popular. Popular enough to still airing.

#64 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:58 PM

Tell you what. They are on their hills and toes because even Bleach had more sells than the first Boruto volume when SP dropped the anime.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#65 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:05 AM

@legend
I don't think naruto is dead in japan.
You need somekind of popularity to continue airing in Japanese tv.

Not necessarily. I'm really not sure if this is the correct English term for what I'm referring to, I think it's called syndication. Don't quote me on this one because I'm not sure if this is the correct English word for it. I've learned this in my language.

I'm talking about other networks from other countries or in some cases networks from the same country buying the license to air Naruto on their network. Now the way this works is usually one network buys one season, they don't buy a couple of episodes, they go for an entire season. To see if people would be interested. If they see that than they make a contract for multiple seasons. Now this where a major problem occurs in the system and it's been there for a long time and probably continue to be there forever.

The company that owns the rights to whatever show agrees to sell (well it's more like a rent) the license for let's say 5 seasons (it depends on the network that buys it on how many seasons they want) but the thing is the network that wants it pays full price and upfront and the kicker is that there are no refunds in case they change their mind later on. Once the first episode airs on their network they are locked in that contract for whatever deal they made. And those contracts are perfectly and legally done in such a way to favor the ones that own the rights.

If the ones that bought it don't want it anymore for whatever reason; let's say the ratings for it are horrible or in case in this case horrible ending that caused everyone to hate it and no one wants. They can't really do anything about it, they only have two choices either continue airing whatever they bought and making a loss on it, or stop airing it and once again making a loss it. Of course there's a third option which is incredibly stupid, to sue the network that owns the rights. But good luck winning that one. They would just end up losing more money.

So what I'm saying is that they (SP) got payed long before and therefore they have the money to continue to do whatever they want.

Remember before the ending, Naruto was still popular, so of course others wanted a piece of the pie. It wasn't as popular as it was years ago because over time a lot of people left and stopped caring about it (don't need to discuss why here). But after the ending and the horrible treatment the fans received from Kishi and SP; the remaining few left as well.

And the money pit that they had is going away.

This is how television works. This is also how some shows continued to run even though the ratings for them on the original network are bad.

Edited by Nostradamus, 19 October 2016 - 06:24 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#66 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:49 AM

Pretty much Nostradamus, also Naruto is almost done by this point. So why cancel it now, when you can just let it finish itself off?

It is true that Naruto has been in the decline for the past two years. But they thought that they were about to get a huge boost from going with nH. So they probably extended the contract for a few years, and made them agree to do a bolt sequel. Which is why they are stretching this anime out as long as possible then doing the novels then a bolt special. Its because if they don't do what they agreed to in their contract. Then Shueisha will want their money back, and as we have seen SP is in the red since the last.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 October 2016 - 02:35 PM.

#67 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:34 PM

Rocci, I repeat. The anime still airing is not a good indication on whether or not it's popular. It would run through it's episodes regardless of whether or not it's popular. Popular series remain popular even if the series ended. Why do you think Dragon ball  returned with Dragon Ball Super and Battles of gods plus Ressurection F movies or Rurouni Kenshin made those live action films recently? Those series ended years ago and yet wheny these new media popped up the fandom exploded and they garnered huge profits.

Naruto COULD do that provided it IS popular but the anime is going on and on. Like I said it  looks to me more like they are desperately trying to lure fans back in to make back profits. If things were all fine and dandy, don't you think they would just let the anime end anc come up new merchandise and media in the future. If they made a fortune from Naruto and the popularity is at it's peak to do that that wouldn't even be romotely unreasonable cause they wouldn't even need to worry about trying to keep fans hooked

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#68 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:44 PM

Rocci, I repeat. The anime still airing is not a good indication on whether or not it's popular. It would run through it's episodes regardless of whether or not it's popular. Popular series remain popular even if the series ended. Why do you think Dragon ball  returned with Dragon Ball Super and Battles of gods plus Ressurection F movies or Rurouni Kenshin made those live action films recently? Those series ended years ago and yet wheny these new media popped up the fandom exploded and they garnered huge profits.

Naruto COULD do that provided it IS popular but the anime is going on and on. Like I said it  looks to me more like they are desperately trying to lure fans back in to make back profits. If things were all fine and dandy, don't you think they would just let the anime end anc come up new merchandise and media in the future. If they made a fortune from Naruto and the popularity is at it's peak to do that that wouldn't even be romotely unreasonable cause they wouldn't even need to worry about trying to keep fans hooked

Very true and SP just don't get that sadly don't get I mean all they care about is making it so they BS on Hinata, they know they kittened up the ending but they will never admit it.

#69 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:00 PM

So apparently the new opening showed Naruto in his Hokage uniform. Wonder if this will eventually lead into the boruto anime?

#70 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:44 PM

Screenshots:

Loser or Trophy

Wrong person to die

Punchable face detected

Edited by Nostradamus, 20 October 2016 - 03:48 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#71 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:27 PM

Screenshots:

Loser or Trophy

Wrong person to die

Punchable face detected

Good god the fillers of Hinata have started then how much BS are they going to pull, if you ask me a kitten tone.

#72 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:07 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=3BOsKOpOeQw

New opening. Song is actually pretty good

#73 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:27 PM

@phantom
That's the reason why naruto is popular.
I never said is the most popular, but I said naruto is popular enough to keep its anime running. It would be like doraemon anime who still running even if the author already dead.

I mean as popular as Kenshin, we never get the last arc animated for whatever reason.

I will not surprise if they cancel naruto because burito failed and come up with nostalgia tactic. But right now it still airing because and/or contract.

Merchandise, blue ray and all that thing only matter for 12/24 episodes per season anime who pander over otaku in order to gain profit by making overprice thing.

Naruto anime is not one of it since it's a long running series.

#74 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:33 PM

Screenshots:

Loser or Trophy

Wrong person to die

Punchable face detected

My god! SP you bunch of thieves. They stole Shinachiku's color from a bunch of NS artist. Hinata is just meh.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#75 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:20 AM

@phantom
That's the reason why naruto is popular.
I never said is the most popular, but I said naruto is popular enough to keep its anime running. It would be like doraemon anime who still running even if the author already dead.

I mean as popular as Kenshin, we never get the last arc animated for whatever reason.

I will not surprise if they cancel naruto because burito failed and come up with nostalgia tactic. But right now it still airing because and/or contract.

Merchandise, blue ray and all that thing only matter for 12/24 episodes per season anime who pander over otaku in order to gain profit by making overprice thing.

Naruto anime is not one of it since it's a long running series.

But my point is that it's not continuing to air because of popularity. As you say ,it's a long running series, therefore why it's running on is a combination of it's been ongoing for 14-15 years and SP is clinging on to a rock for dear life trying to make a profit out of it.

Is there any indication Naruto has any form of popularity or is breaking even for the costs of the episodes? And DO keep in mind that it's more than the costs just to make the episodes. They have to advertise it too and believe me, Advertisements are not cheap

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 October 2016 - 12:56 PM.

#76 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:08 AM

Naruto is continuing solely due to the money it makes from licensing in other markets. China still makes the franchise a decent amount of money. It's the reason why all companies involved with Naruto are trying open Naruto related stores in China and nowhere else.

Also Viz media still pays them a decent amount to license it overseas. So that platforms like Toonami, Crunchyroll, Netflix and Hulu will continue to pay Viz for the ability to carry Naruto for viewing. It's all about licensing and syndication that has kept Naruto going. Since SP truly has no other major title that they can rely on in this manner, they are forced to keep making more content for as long as possible.

Popularity in Japan no longer has anything to do with it, considering Naruto hasn't cracked the top ten in the anime ratings for over 4 years. 

#77 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:57 PM

Right so to that let me rephrase my question I'm Asking about Japan in particular.

#78 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:04 PM

Even Naruto stuff is barely there in forneverworld and sawyer channel .... so even the fanatic rabid fans are starting to leaving this series unconsciously ... that's a first red flag of doom for SP. One chapter a month ... it's like you eat a 20 portions of food in one day , but only on that day , you have to wait for the next 29 days to eat again. No matter how much food you eat in one day, if you don't eat for the next 3 days you gonna go hungry and starve to death. Same story with this fiasco, 40 pages but once a month chapter, add with bad art , retelling kitten movies ... wow that's complete set hamburger of rat meat.

Woahhh the countdown ... the new era project ... the next generations , they give us these BOOMing news.... when they first announce that, is like a super star coming out with sparkling lights, a lot of cheers, tons of fans begging for autograph , HEY LOOK AT THIS GUYS i make a brilliant idea with Boruto and his gank i'm a GENIUS!!.... and then the next time you look at this now ??? it's like a crazy mental ill patient coming out of asylum it's like they unconsciously saying "Hey look at this i'm an idiot", very funny degradation, it's very embarrassing.

Edited by Yyubie, 21 October 2016 - 02:13 PM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#79 Legend054

Legend054

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:11 PM

i saw a glimpse of naruto and hinata episode. i was in my lecture class yesterday and coincidentally, the guy in front of me was watching the episode. i first thought he was watching the last because it was showing the scene where naruto and hinata met as kids. it was cringey asf. then i realized he was watching the new episode. i didn't see the full episode but i saw some clips on youtube and im hearing froma lot people that it looks very different from the last.

clip

1wocs1.gif

#80 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:49 PM

Well if it's any consolation, we already have the titles for the next few episodes which might actually be pretty good....or just below average:

https://www.animenew...ood-arc/.107891

Ignoring the SS episode next week, we'll have Gaara & Shikamaru, Kakashi & Jiraiya the next two weeks after that. Both of which might be decent (or not). Gaara and Shikamaru is probably the oddest choice, but it kinda makes sense given they're in-laws in the epilogue and the adaptation of Shikamaru's novel is coming up soon, so it'll be interesting to see, I guess.

Edited by Codus N, 21 October 2016 - 05:49 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users