228 replies to this topic

#21 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:31 AM

Send a petition in English to Kishimoto?

You'd have a better chance of flying to the moon.

Petitions don't work in cases like this. If it even gets to Shonen Jump, it'd probably be rerouted as junk mail.

#22 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:37 AM

Quite honestly, I think you're jumping the gun. Extremely. This is worse than the ch. 469 spoilers... sleep.gif

#23 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (Froot @ Dec 20 2009, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now now, dfammer, I wouldn't abandon ship just yet. Like catsi and ciardha have been saying, not only is this worded poorly, but it's not even that accurate; If I were you, I'd stop speculating and listening to false interpretations by people who can't even remember what was said and go by the manga instead.

For example... For all my years as a Naruto fan, I was discouraged by the fandom majority for liking NaruSaku. But I stayed through the manga and am now a proud NaruSaku supporter. And not once have I let the angry ramblings of Anti-Sakura fans make me believe that she was a bad character and that Hinata was better. Instead, I read the manga for what it was and saw for myself how good a heroine Sakura was.

So yeah... No bandwagon jumping.

biggrin.gif thanks A LOT. i needed that. i guess i just freaked....i've been reading naruto forever but i've never been much of being sites and groups like this and reading interviews till this past year. so this is probably the first time that i've ever seen speculation as big as this.... sweatdrop.gif i can honestly say, that i've always been such a huge narusaku fan, even before i really knew what was going on with the manga, when i first started reading. but thank you again so much....you've just raised my narusaku spiri 100 fold.

#24 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:41 AM

Um, glad I could help! sweat.gif There really is no reason to overreact, naruto-z. Kishi didn't write all that development to have it blown in some extremely vague interview.

We don't need any petitions happy.gif

#25 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Dec 20 2009, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Send a petition in English to Kishimoto?

You'd have a better chance of flying to the moon.

Petitions don't work in cases like this. If it even gets to Shonen Jump, it'd probably be rerouted as junk mail.

yeah, sorry. like i said...i freaked out. i wasn't 100% serious....but i mean something like this i'm sure people have tried and failed. but you never know....im just coming up with some bad ideas i guess ermm.gif

#26 dfammer

dfammer

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Dec 19 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then you're not a real fan. Bandwagon jumping?

It's still a good manga, regardless of character pairing at the end. But most people will be disappointed, but they'll still read it.

If it's a good manga or not isn't the point the writer has been setting up NaruSaku for at least 2 years, and now to dump all that in the trash heap is revolting,and I am not a bandwagon jumper if a story sucks I have a right to stop reading it,not because of any bandwagon nonesense but because the story does not make any sense.

#27 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:40 AM

Obviously, you missing the point.

You can't spoil everything during interviews. It will ruin the surprise and readers will expect like nothing. Shown in detail will waste the story. Making it vague keep us readers excited on what's going happen next in the storyline.

And I do have to agree with ciardha too on this little issue we have on this fandom. Anytime Sakura's name is mention, its all about misinterpretation, ignorance in their minds to "the pink harpy"... but when a certain "goddess" name is mention, all hell is break loose to find out more about her. And I bet the look on Kishimoto's face was this: "What's going on? Why Hinata have all this love to the fans and she's only just a minor character?"

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:46 AM

The interview posted came from a commoner poster on 2ch not from Nja, Ohana, Crimson, OP spoiler provider, or Spoiler Master.

I know this is a little off topic but I found a preview page of what to expect from
Naruto in 2010 --Click here to view--
I know it's mainly games but it looks like it shows one of the voices actresses possibly Sakura and some other writing.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 20 December 2009 - 04:02 AM.

#29 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:08 AM

You guys are WAY overreacting. This is second hand information, translated into English from a language that does not translate well AT ALL. As well, the person that did the translation most likely has their own bias regarding the story, and saw fit to translate it the way THEY wanted to.

<BIASED VIEW!>

Naruto needs someone to confide in? And it's Shikamaru?! Naruto/Shikamaru is now canon!

Sakura loves Sasuke? Seeing as there's only one kind of love, Sasuke/Sakura is now canon! What with everyone who loves their parents, siblings, or friends having sex with them as well!

He doesn't understand why Hinata gets so much attention?! BLASPHEMY! She's clearly the main female lead! She's been in three arcs, wherein she lost, did nothing, and lost. SHE'S SO IMPORTANT!

</END>

Ya see the dangers here, guys? Just let the series come as it comes. Driving yourself crazy with insane theories is just going to get you depressed.

#30 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Dec 20 2009, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The interview posted came from a commoner poster on 2ch not from Nja, Ohana, Crimson, OP spoiler provider, or Spoiler Master.

He's right. Since another fan posted this one, some things may have been changed. happy.gif That fan may be a SasuSaku or NaruHina shipper. Anyway, we should just wait until the manga comes out, and do not rely on these spoilers alone. Who knows? Kishimoto might change some things after the interview.

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Dec 20 2009, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this is a little off topic but I found a preview page of what to expect from
Naruto in 2010 --Click here to view--
I know it's mainly games but it looks like it shows one of the voices actresses possibly Sakura and some other writing.

I like this! wow.png That scene of Naruto with his Rasenshuriken, and Sasuke with his Chidori, is a little preview of what may happen in the manga, even though it's part of a game.

#31 jinsterr

jinsterr

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:18 AM

I am letting this pass and just sticking with the manga /shrug

It's not like Kishimoto is going to reveal much in an interview, let alone be too detailed in his responses. If I were him, I'd try to be as vague as possible so as not to give anything away. And yet still have people be intrigued enough by some of my answers, because then they allude to the possibilities of the "what if" and thus be more likely to keep reading.

I still have faith that Kishimoto knows where he's going with this and that the outcome will still eventually be NaruSaku.

So what if Sakura still loves Sasuke--we already know that didn't we? He just didn't say anything about her not loving Naruto either. He did say something about Naruto being "close" but Idk... again, it's too vague to really put much thought into it at the moment.

So I'm not gonna think too much about it or read too much into it because honestly, to me it's not really worth it.

The chapters are what set in stone, so I'll just wait and see with those.

Edited by jinsterr, 20 December 2009 - 04:23 AM.

#32 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:35 AM

Well that means Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is officially coming out next year... Not only for PS3 but for 360 as well!!! wow.png YES!!!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#33 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:15 AM

yeah, kishimoto's never been really revealing on his interviews and they're always quite mistakened or changed during the manga. plus, now that supposedly we're going into all out Kakashi next year who knows what'll happen. funny thing is kishimoto said last year in his interview that it was gonna be about kakashi for 2009....do u see how long its taken him to actually get the story moving along. i believe in kishi that eventually narusaku will come. im just waiting for the manga to move along

#34 pinkheartsyellowstars

pinkheartsyellowstars

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:46 AM

Dang, I bet SS supporters will use this on debates from now on sleep.gif

After reading the interview, the only thing that bothers me is this, "Naruto is Close" huh.gif
Is that referring to close to win Sakura's Heart? mellow.gif

Edited by pinkheartsyellowstars, 20 December 2009 - 05:48 AM.

#35 Shirafune

Shirafune

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:55 AM

I personally won't believe anything until I see it in the manga itself laugh.gif

To me it wouldn't make sense to have NaruSaku development all this time, only to have it end in NaruHina or SasuSaku. I still think NaruSaku will happan, it just may take longer than we thought. Even if she does still love Sasuke, there's no denying she has more than "just friends" feelings for Naruto,love or not.

And hmm I wonder what he's gonna do with Kakashi? Let's hope he doesn't try to kill him off again or something. laugh.gif

#36 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:56 AM

Not much to worry about in regards to NaruSaku. He's not exactly gonna spoil one of the biggest money intakes of the manga(pairing wars) in a interview.

Might be a little to worry about for the future of the manga as a whole, though. But this entire arc has had me feeling like that. And not because of pairings(very slightly because of them).

Anyway yeah, don't worry.

One good thing in the interview was talking about Naruto's training. Hopefully that further enforces the theory of him going off with KillerBee. Just hope his attitude changes before then so I can actually enjoy that arc.

#37 TwilightLink20xx

TwilightLink20xx

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:41 AM

Wow guys, it's just an interview, the chances of Kishimoto spoiling anything are next to none. If it really was Kishimoto saying the last line, then all I have to say is this: Rejoice. That is a typical response to keep ambiguity in the air, Kishi is trying to get us to see the chapter in one way, but it's meant to be played out another way.In a nutshell, the fact that he's regurgitating what was presented to us in 474 means that he's making a point about his incomplete picture, he wants to shock us all. Yes, he's borrowing from Kubo's playbook, but this is one of the GOOD things that he uses. It's a perfect example of "IGNORE THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!!" xD

#38 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:21 AM

I agree, with TwilightLink that is a good example of "IGNORE THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!" type of thing that happens all the time in the industry.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 20 December 2009 - 08:22 AM.

#39 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:20 AM

I haven't read the interview because I don't trust a fan's translation and besides it sounds odd from what people is telling.

Anyway, I don't understand why some persons are panicking. Again, Kishimoto won't reveal anything about the end in an interview. Even if he planned a SasuSaku end, he wouldn't tell it. And sure like Hell he isn't going to bash one of his characters. Only fans bash characters (which should hint something). And he is telling he can't remember his history? Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Moreover, he is always deliberately ambiguous in the interviews, and often you don't know if he is joking or not.

God, I still remember that "Oh, well, I hope Hinata gets her chance", "Me too" line. He answered a random question with an ambiguous reply. But people went NUTS about it. NS fans were freaking out and NH fans claimed their ship was already canon. And what did came from it? Nothing. Absolutely nothing (apparently, Hinata getting her chance means she won't exploit it -like in Uchiha arc- or she'll exploit it but it will be useless and meaningless and change nothing).

Or something I have argued in other thread: the line about Sakura needing growing up. A lot fans -including me- assumed it meant Tsunade would die. It didn't happen.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#40 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

Yeah I myself am taking this with a grain of salt.

I have seen other interviews where Kishimoto said things too to mess with interviewers minds only for them to be not be exactly what people thought it was.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users