#41 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:02 PM

We already know he's a pervert who reads romance/hentai.....like me.
I think we'll just learn about what he did in the 2 1/2 years time skip.....

#42 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

yeah, kakashi is a perv... laugh.gif

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#43 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

Nah, he's not. Just enjoying smutty romance novels doesn't make you a perv, IMO. He doesn't peep or make suggestive comments, and doesn't go for the Sexy Jutsu.

Oh, and another idea I recently thought of that I'd really like to see: A detailed depiction of the Nine-Tails attack, from Kakashi's point of view. Mostly because I just want to see more of Minato and Kushina, and it's possible that Kakashi was there right before his sensei's death.

#44 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Aug 19 2008, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah, he's not. Just enjoying smutty romance novels doesn't make you a perv, IMO. He doesn't peep or make suggestive comments, and doesn't go for the Sexy Jutsu.

Oh, and another idea I recently thought of that I'd really like to see: A detailed depiction of the Nine-Tails attack, from Kakashi's point of view. Mostly because I just want to see more of Minato and Kushina, and it's possible that Kakashi was there right before his sensei's death.

Are you kidding me? He reads those perverted books Jiraiya writes, and in one of the things after the episodes (I don't know what you call them) that's all silly, Naruto was going to show the new perverted tecknique and Kakashi was all like "YOSHA" and got excited......then Sakura sent him flying.
You don't jave to peep or make suggestive comments to be perverted....
Then again, to counter myself, it's an opinion, we're all perverted, just some more than others.

#45 Endros

Endros

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:24 AM

I'd love to learn about Kakashi's relationship with his mentor and how that might have affected his relationship with Naruto, aka The Kyuubi attack (Kakashi age -12 yrs puts him at something like early to mid teens right?). I think we will also learn about Rin and how guilty Kakashi truly feels about Obito, Rin, his Sensei, Sensei's wife, Naruto, etc. The man seems to be extraordinarily guilt ridden and we might see some growth out of that. Oh and through that we may learn about Kushina.

I would also love to see him become the Rokudaime (which was hinted at during the Jiraiya/Tsunade conversation regarding Naruto, Minato, and Kushina)

I apologize if I should have tagged anything

Edited by Endros, 20 August 2008 - 03:26 AM.

#46 naruto_eat_world

naruto_eat_world

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:56 AM

one thing it definitely will feature is kakashi Father, konohas white fang, he was mentioned at the start of shippuuden and not again i dont think. so some back log of family.

#47 NutMan

NutMan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

Part of me wishes that Kishimoto would do some more Kakashi side stories. Preferably before the obito incident, but afetrwards when he was an ANBU would be cool too.

The kakashi arc is one of my favorite pieces of manga of all time. It's really well done and you feel for the characters. It's just a sad story. I picked up Vol 27 at Borders yesterday because I had a gift card and I enjoyed the English VIZ translation more than the fan translation. I suggest people here try and read that.

Edited by NutMan, 01 November 2008 - 06:07 PM.

#48 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (Endros @ Aug 20 2008, 03:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd love to learn about Kakashi's relationship with his mentor and how that might have affected his relationship with Naruto, aka The Kyuubi attack (Kakashi age -12 yrs puts him at something like early to mid teens right?). I think we will also learn about Rin and how guilty Kakashi truly feels about Obito, Rin, his Sensei, Sensei's wife, Naruto, etc. The man seems to be extraordinarily guilt ridden and we might see some growth out of that. Oh and through that we may learn about Kushina.

I would also love to see him become the Rokudaime (which was hinted at during the Jiraiya/Tsunade conversation regarding Naruto, Minato, and Kushina)

I apologize if I should have tagged anything

i would LOVE to know more about kushina and minato^^ i think we all would^^

but, srry, i have a little problem with kakashi becoming a hokage. i really hope he doesnt become rokudaime... sorry just my opinion XD

i just cant picture him as hokage... but if he ever does get offered the position, he'd probably refuse saying sumthing like "its not really for me..."

or sumthing ^^

#49 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (Fox-And-Flower @ Nov 1 2008, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would LOVE to know more about kushina and minato^^ i think we all would^^

but, srry, i have a little problem with kakashi becoming a hokage. i really hope he doesnt become rokudaime... sorry just my opinion XD

i just cant picture him as hokage... but if he ever does get offered the position, he'd probably refuse saying sumthing like "its not really for me..."

or sumthing ^^

I'd think he would look cool as a Hokage's aide/guard to Naruto.

"Kakashi-senseiiii, Ichiruki Ramen isn't open."

"Want me to blow up the door with Raikiri?"

"...No... could you get the Old man and Ayame-chan out here?"

"Yessir."

Or something along those lines.

#50 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:06 PM

well, after what i saw in the latest chapter, looks like kakashi is in trouble. i hope his "arc" isn't just a seemingly endless series of flashbacks. and hopegully it will deal w/ tobi/madara

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#51 Naruto_T7

Naruto_T7

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Nasir @ Aug 13 2008, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you think thats far-fetched, then listen to mine.

I think that Kakashi has always had Mangekyo Sharingan. Yes you heard me right. Now before you guys go saying that impossible, let me support my theory.

Now lets begin shall we? We all know as Itachi said, in order to gain a Mangekyo, you need to kill your best friend. This is what confuses me. How the hell does your sharingan able to determine whether or not a person is your best friend? Now, my theory is this:

In order to gain Mangekyo, you do not need to kill your best friend, but go through severe emotional trauma. (For example watching someone close to you die.)

This would explain how Kakashi got the Mangekyo without killing his best friend. ( There is a loophole in this, we do not yet know how Rin died, but assuming from Kakashi's choice to leave Rin behind in Kakashi gaiden, i think that Kakashi never really cared for Rin as much as he did for Obito. Oh hush Yaoi fangirls...dry.gif..) This would also explain why Kakashi had mangekyo sharingan from the start, he witnessed Obito's death which brought about a change in him.

Same with Sasuke, Sasuke didn't kill his best friend, lets say it still is Naruto. He killed his brother, who was really close to him despite Sasuke's murderous intent. He after this gained his very own mangekyo sharingan.

Now as for more evidence to support my theory, remember when Itachi first came to capture Naruto and had a showdown with Asuma, Kakashi, Gai, and others? (We now know that this visit was not to capture Naruto, but to let Danzo know of his presence.) Kakashi stated that Itachi was slowly losing his eyesight due to his mangekyo sharingan, to which Itachi replied yes. Now how would Kakashi know of this fact without having the MS himself and noticing the degredation of his own eyesight. Unless Kakashi had a friendly chat over a bowl of ramen with Itachi, I don't think there was any other way to know since there at the time there was only one other person who had the Mangekyo Sharingan, Madara.

Make any sense?

I suppose it does make sense, but there is no evidence that Rin is dead..maybe Rin is Kurenai? I know thats ridiculous but it was an example :}

Dont read if you hadn't read the latest chapters --Click here to view--
I hope Kakashi isn't dead, maybe he's hallucinating because hes nearly dead. I hope Tsunade comes in with some crazy medical jutsu and saves him. Surely Kishi-sensei won't kill off an amazing character like that to save...chouji? Albeit he killed one of the peins but shouldn't he save Naruto or somebody else more significant?
Anyone got any insights on this?

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO ANIMATE KAKASHI GAIDEN?

People that don't read the manga are going to be totally confused when he talks about Obito or Rin
Yo, aloe vera!

#52 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:39 PM

Kakashi isn't dead he's just near death, Kishimoto doesn't have the balls to kill such a popular character (he was #1 in the last Popularity Poll for Petes sake).

uc.png

#53 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Aug 14 2008, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So he tought it to himself?

I don't doubt what you say about the timing, but I find the whole thing a bit far fetched. He can't even turn if off, but he can teach it new tricks? If this is Kishimoto's explanation then I don't buy it. Mangekyou has never been something you teach yourself to obtain. At best, it's been something to refine once obtained, but obtaining too more than training.

I still seems to me to be a watered down version rather than a true MS because, at least as of yet, he hasn't performed any of the staple Mangekyou attacks. If he does do that it'll be immensely disappointing because without a damn good explanation it just cheapens the requirement further. Reminds of what Vegeta said about Super Saiyin in the English Version, calling it a super saiyin bargain sale. It also openly contradicts what Itacchi said about it and makes those statements meaningless.

Are you guys really so thick!? laugh.gif
How did Kakashi earn his nickname? What is he famous for?

Kakashi got MS by copying it. Itachi used it against him in part1, then he turns around and uses it at the beginning of part2. Not hard to figure out. cool.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#54 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:31 PM

Nee-Sama, you bring up a good point, but that's not possible, because Sharingan can't copy Kekei Genkai (bloodline limits, ex. Haku, Kimimaro, Hyuuga....)

But this would be LOLZ if it really happened --Click here to view--

Anyways...Back to the point. Kakashi MIGHT have went through some severe emotional trauma, but i'm doubtful of that, since his close ones died, like, years before the timeskip o.o Me and my friend speculated a lot last year: The techniques depend on how it is obtained, as well as the shape, but all Mangekyou's LOOK different. If you re-read that chapter (forgot which one) when Madara is explaining history to Sasuke, you'll notice that Madara and his brothers, both with the Mangekyou, have DIFFERENT EYES. ALL Mangekyou's are different.

I think that the techniques of Itachi and Madara's Mangekyou's are the same, except one is eternal. Also, Sasuke's genjutsu on that guy...ANY Sharingan can do that, if trained properly. Plus, I don't even think that Kakashi HAS a Mangekyou, he probably obtained that "new eye" then noticed it looked like Itachi's, and called it a Mangekyou.

Back to the Kakashi arc, Kakashi ISN'T dead, he's in a near-death state. Also, Kakashi will NOT be Rokudaime Hokage. The two advisors wanted Jiraiya to be Hokage: he refused. Tsunade and Jiraiya want KAKASHI to be Hokage: He WILL refuse (I hope). Kakashi is too laid back to be Hokage
. Don't Press the red button

#55 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:27 PM

I realize Kakashi can't copy bloodline limits, but why shouldn't he be able to copy other sharingan techniques since he already has the sharingan implanted? The mangekyo by itself is just the eye in that advanced condition, if I'm correct in understanding this, mangekyo is not a jutsu. Mangekyo makes other jutsu's possible like Itachi's Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu, Susanoo and Kakashi's own Kamui. So I believe it's entirely possible that Kakashi developed his Mangekyo by mimicing what he saw from Itachi.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#56 Kirby

Kirby

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:32 PM

I highly doubt that, as Mangekyou Sharingan IS a jutsu. Its a doujutsu (eye technique). Its like...um...Sasuke's curse mark. He can be regular (deactivated), Cursed Seal 1 (Sharingan), or Cursed Seal 2 (Mangekyou), but you can't copy it. Never mind, that was a bad example, but the Mangekyou IS its own jutsu, like the Demon fox cloak.

#57 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

Kakashi has obtained the Mangekyou Sharingan due to the emotional trauma due to the death of Obito.

Question 1: Why didn't he get the Mangekyou Sharingan earlier?

The Sharingan itself contains three tomoe (comma). A higher mastery of the Sharingan can be seen in the creation of a new tomoe in the eye, with three tomoe being the typical highest form of the eye. The rare Mangekyou form is a unique evolution of the Sharingan beyond the three tomoe form. I believe that in order to get to the Mangekyou, one has to proceed in the in order from the first tomoe to the second tomoe to the third before the Mangekyou surfaces.

Notice during the Wave Arc, when we believe Sasuke first awakened his Sharingan, one eye has two tomoe. It is revealed later that he had the Sharingan before this.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/27/05/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/403/11/

At the time of Obito's death, Kakashi only had two tomoe. At that time he could not.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/244/15/

Question 2: Why triggered the guilt if Kakashi had the three tomoe Sharingan already?

The Sasuke-Naruto battle at the Valley of the End. This conflict had the markings of similarities between his current team and his own team but not all the same (If we didn't have it before with the idiot, the girl, and the loner with the same love parallels).

- How one member was willing to gave up his life to save another (Obito was saving Rin physically, Naruto was saving Sakura emotionally).

- How one member did lose their life to accomplish it while one almost lost their life

- How one sensei did not make it in time to save a student.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/234/06/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/244/17/

The end of Part 1 was a true reminder to Kakashi of the failures of his past and his current failures with team 7. Kakashi Gaiden was therefore placed in between Part 1 and 2 as a requiem for the events that led to Kakashi's Mangekyou Sharingan.

#58 Kirby

Kirby

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:15 PM

WOW roninmedia. I can't believe that you dug up all that info, and OMG SASUKE HAD SHARINGAN WHEN HE WAS FREAKIN' 6 WHAT THE....But, I think that Kishi just screwed up the drawing, because in that time period, when Sasuke was talking to his aunt, he said he was gonna awaken his Sharingan soon! I DON'T GET IT

#59 Tai001

Tai001

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (Auni @ Dec 14 2008, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW roninmedia. I can't believe that you dug up all that info, and OMG SASUKE HAD SHARINGAN WHEN HE WAS FREAKIN' 6 WHAT THE....But, I think that Kishi just screwed up the drawing, because in that time period, when Sasuke was talking to his aunt, he said he was gonna awaken his Sharingan soon! I DON'T GET IT

I am pretty sure the implication was that he awoke his sharigan during his confrontation with Itachi. So when he spoke with his Aunt, that was obviously before he awoke his Sharingan. The only reason you didn't get it, was because you assumed he awoke it sometime before his confrontation with his brother. But the chapter makes it look like it awoke right on the spot, as he was angry over what Itachi did to their clan.

#60 Kirby

Kirby

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:38 AM

lulz, maybe he activated it, then forgot to how to activate it again (coz he was 6)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users