• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#21 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (narutokage @ Jun 25 2007, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed, about taking the slice that should have cut him up in two, but my question is what makes people ask the question that Tobi might be Obito?

I might be missing the point totally, so can someone please clarify it for me??

It's mostly theory. *shrugs*

-Tobi and Obito have similar hair,
-both attitudes are far from regular shinobi attitudes,
-Tobi's mask's eyehole is employed for the right side of his face -the side of the face that Obito's face was trapped by the boulder.

To a lesser extent, some people would also say
-the similarities in their names,
-Kishimoto's reluctance to kill characters,
and a small list of other theories that'd branch out further...

#22 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Vespar @ Jun 25 2007, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's mostly theory. *shrugs*

-Tobi and Obito have similar hair,
-both attitudes are far from regular shinobi attitudes,
-Tobi's mask's eyehole is employed for the right side of his face -the side of the face that Obito's face was trapped by the boulder.

To a lesser extent, some people would also say
-the similarities in their names,
-Kishimoto's reluctance to kill characters,
and a small list of other theories that'd branch out further...

Ah I see what you mean. Its very interesting, I personally never really thought about it as such. I am going to go over a few chapters and see if these points jump out in the manga. Thanks Vespar appreciate it. I wonder how Kishi-sensei will sort this one out.

#23 Tobi

Tobi

I am a good boy!

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Annoy people!<br /><br />Msn and Yahoo addresses aren't the real ones :3 If you want my email, just ask ^-^

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:13 AM

Maybe Obito's the leader of Akatsuki and Tobi is his son! biggrin.gif

#24 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Tobi @ Jul 4 2007, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that would be funny/weird, but i'm sure Obito doesnt have orange hair^^ tongue.gif

#25 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:27 PM

I'll honestly be kinda irritated if Kishi unveils Tobi to be Obito. It'll completely cheapen the impact of the death and I'll honestly be sickened at Kishi's horrid reluctance to keep characters dead. I've always seen this theory as pretty cracktastic, but at this point I have no idea what Kishi is going to do anymore, and in this case, that's not a good thing.
bd5.jpg

#26 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Jul 4 2007, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll honestly be kinda irritated if Kishi unveils Tobi to be Obito. It'll completely cheapen the impact of the death and I'll honestly be sickened at Kishi's horrid reluctance to keep characters dead. I've always seen this theory as pretty cracktastic, but at this point I have no idea what Kishi is going to do anymore, and in this case, that's not a good thing.

lol....I kind of understand where you are coming from. I have no problems with Kishi-sensei trying to save a few characters but sometimes it gets a little out of hand.

In this case though if handled correctly and if indeed the theory comes out to be true, there's a big chance of something big coming out of it. Maybe that would be Kishi-sensei's way of telling Naruto and Sakura about Kakashi's story and in turn learn about the Yondaime. You never know.

#27 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (Tobi @ Jul 4 2007, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOLZ That'd be hilarious! 111189.gif But that would never happen. laugh.gif
I am still pinky-ash

#28 TonyG

TonyG

Insane Colorist

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:almost anything that has to do with computers, photoshop, comics and well jsut about it

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

just for weird things... say tobi's name really fast over and over again for like 5 seconds...

yeah, err.gif Im nuts
Colors...... look at the pretty colors!

#29 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (TonyG @ Jul 5 2007, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just for weird things... say tobi's name really fast over and over again for like 5 seconds...

yeah, err.gif Im nuts

wow...nice tongue twister....I did it really fast and it sounds weird after a while. My brother saw me saying the name really fast and thought I was gone cuckoooo biggrin.gif.... unsure.gif

#30 Lizardo221

Lizardo221

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:08 PM

I find the tobi and obito theory to have the most truth of the many tobi identity theories out there. The next couple of chapters may have the answers we seek with regards to this subject.

#31 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (narutokage @ Jul 4 2007, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In this case though if handled correctly and if indeed the theory comes out to be true, there's a big chance of something big coming out of it. Maybe that would be Kishi-sensei's way of telling Naruto and Sakura about Kakashi's story and in turn learn about the Yondaime. You never know.

Even more could come out of this. Naruto isn't many years younger than the 4th was when he was Kakashi, Obito, and Rin's sensei. If Tobi=Obito and Naruto is the 4th son, Tobi's mind could partly unscramble when he sees Naruto. Naruto is looking so much like the 4th now. It would be like Chiyo's shock when she saw Kakashi because he looks so much like his father Sakumo. Then if Tobi saw Kakashi it would trigger even more memories.

I'm really hoping for this. Can't you just see the scene:

Naruto arrives on the scene and Tobi kind of sways in shock and then says "Sensei?" (better yet if he says a name +sensei)
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#32 One-Shot

One-Shot

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:21 AM

noooo tobi is a good boy! and obito is a dead boy sad.gif

#33 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jul 10 2007, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even more could come out of this. Naruto isn't many years younger than the 4th was when he was Kakashi, Obito, and Rin's sensei. If Tobi=Obito and Naruto is the 4th son, Tobi's mind could partly unscramble when he sees Naruto. Naruto is looking so much like the 4th now. It would be like Chiyo's shock when she saw Kakashi because he looks so much like his father Sakumo. Then if Tobi saw Kakashi it would trigger even more memories.

I'm really hoping for this. Can't you just see the scene:

Naruto arrives on the scene and Tobi kind of sways in shock and then says "Sensei?" (better yet if he says a name +sensei)

I like it. It would be a seriously awesome chapter and we will be able to know more about Obito, Rin and Yondaime. Nicely done Ciardha, I never even thought of this possibility but yeah you are right. And I think it makes one heck of nice scene for a fanfic.

Mind if I try using it????????????

#34 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:05 PM

Obito was crushed DEAD! Like half his body. Finger print boy, is a n00blet too. Hmm Obito was kinda n00bish too but I think he had more talent than fignerprintz. And about the re-arrangement of the spelling. meh, possibility.

Personally, I don't think it's him, I don't want it to be him. And if it is...I think it's lame. They need to keep dead people dead. I hate it when they do stuff like that in any kind of story telling. Personally I think a lot of the characters in naruto should be VERY dead. They appeared dead and were beaten, they should be dead. It immortalizes them and to my way of thinking it makes them more memorable. Just my opinion, but thats how I see it.

#35 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (ForgottenBushido @ Jul 14 2007, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obito was crushed DEAD! Like half his body. Finger print boy, is a n00blet too. Hmm Obito was kinda n00bish too but I think he had more talent than fignerprintz. And about the re-arrangement of the spelling. meh, possibility.

Personally, I don't think it's him, I don't want it to be him. And if it is...I think it's lame. They need to keep dead people dead. I hate it when they do stuff like that in any kind of story telling. Personally I think a lot of the characters in naruto should be VERY dead. They appeared dead and were beaten, they should be dead. It immortalizes them and to my way of thinking it makes them more memorable. Just my opinion, but thats how I see it.

I totally get what you trying to say man. I feel it sometimes too but I think Kishi-sensei doesn't like his characters dead lol... tongue.gif though I personally wouldn't mind a few of them dying either.

#36 whoamii

whoamii

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:48 PM

I'm almost certain that it is indeed Obito. What I want to know is why and how...

#37 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:39 AM

Tobi supposedly dead??? Even the Akatsuki guys are saying so. Unless he fools everyone, I would say he is gone but then we knew nothing about him so what was the point of Tobi being there.

He is probably alive (at least I think so) cause Sasuke noticed something weird about him and it will most likely be explained later.

#38 Banana

Banana

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Flash, Manga, fruit

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (TonyG @ Jul 5 2007, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, err.gif Im nuts

Hmm. Tobitobitobitobi. Sounds like Tobito Obito (sorry, being stupid).

#39 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (Banana @ Jul 23 2007, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm. Tobitobitobitobi. Sounds like Tobito Obito (sorry, being stupid).

yay Icha Icha Narusaku a_dance.gif lol

That was nice :thumbs:

This week's chapter might shed some light on Tobi and whether he is really Obito or Uchiha Madara. If they turn out to be the same person then I wonder where the story might be going. Though it already seems like Naruto is at the last platform before the ending since things are going so fast.

#40 B1G 57UPH

B1G 57UPH

B1G 57UPH

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:naruto, video games (mainly first person shooters i have xbox live so if u have it send me an invite), no school, red vs. blue

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:09 AM

http://groups.msn.co...p;PhotoID=43760

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users