216 replies to this topic

#1 Sir G

Sir G

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:46 AM

Aside from Naruto, who's obviously the strongest.. who do you guys think is the strongest?

I say Shikamaru. I think his intelligenge and strategic abilities would allow him to win against the others.. or Neji, since he's the only jounin, it's gotta mean something, right?

#2 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:05 AM

If strongest has to do with strength I'd say Lee. Even though he's a still a chunnin I feel he has the most physical advantage over everyone.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#3 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (Sir G @ Dec 18 2011, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aside from Naruto, who's obviously the strongest.. who do you guys think is the strongest?

I say Shikamaru. I think his intelligenge and strategic abilities would allow him to win against the others.. or Neji, since he's the only jounin, it's gotta mean something, right?

Agreed. Even though I'm pretty biased, I'd say the strongest would be Shikamaru.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#4 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:41 AM

The first person who pops into my head is Neji. When I try to picture him fighting Shikamaru though, I get a bit of a mental blank. They're strong in different ways. Shikamaru is extremely smart but Neji isn't clueless either. It's a toss-up between those two for me. If it's a long battle, I suppose Shikamaru would win. Head to head, probably Neji. Good thing you ruled out Naruto tongue.gif

#5 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Dec 18 2011, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed. Even though I'm pretty biased, I'd say the strongest would be Shikamaru.

I'd pick Neji over Shikamaru, even though Shika is my favorite character aside from Naruto. I think I misread this topics question, when I hear the word strong or strength Shikamaru is far from the top of the list. Yes he's insanely intelligent with his fighting tactics but he beats his enemies with wits not pure strength. Now one could say that his wits are his strengths, but I'm thinking brute force here. That's why my first pic was Lee then from there it would be Neji.

#6 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Dec 19 2011, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd pick Neji over Shikamaru, even though Shika is my favorite character aside from Naruto. I think I misread this topics question, when I hear the word strong or strength Shikamaru is far from the top of the list. Yes he's insanely intelligent with his fighting tactics but he beats his enemies with wits not pure strength. Now one could say that his wits are his strengths, but I'm thinking brute force here. That's why my first pic was Lee then from there it would be Neji.

I was thinking the opposite from you. Thinking that strengths meant more of.... "all available assets" And though I Neji is a good candidate, I still think Shikamaru would win.

#7 Sir G

Sir G

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Dec 18 2011, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking the opposite from you. Thinking that strengths meant more of.... "all available assets" And though I Neji is a good candidate, I still think Shikamaru would win.

Yeah that's exactly what I meant by "strongest". which is why i pick Shikamaru.

#8 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:53 AM

Shikamaru is strong and all, but are you all forgetting Neji is really smart as well? mellow.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#9 Rorek

Rorek

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:I like writing (almost anything), playing video games on my Xbox 360, listening to lots of music, and wasting hours on facebook and tumblr. :D

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:55 AM

I'd like to say Shikamaru, because he's my 2nd favorite after Naruto, but I think Neji would win in the end, unless Shika pulled some crazy smarticle stuff.

#10 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (Sir G @ Dec 18 2011, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah that's exactly what I meant by "strongest". which is why i pick Shikamaru.

Ah I see, well I'd go for Neji XD sorry Shika baby.

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Dec 18 2011, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shikamaru is strong and all, but are you all forgetting Neji is really smart as well? mellow.gif

I agree :3 I think Shikamaru has more of a disadvantage what with being a mostly long distance fighter. I would light to see him have to fight close range without any of his shadow technique, now that would be interesting.

#11 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:01 AM

But Shikamaru going up close and personal is also dangerous as it shortens the length he needs to capture his opponent. So, either way you look at it, fighting him in either way is a double edged sword. Not only that, he's also inherited Asuma's knives now. I wouldn't be surprised if he polished his close-range taijutsu since Asuma's death.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#12 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:03 AM

Shika really depends on his shadows, and I think Neji is too smart for those. tongue.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#13 Rorek

Rorek

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:I like writing (almost anything), playing video games on my Xbox 360, listening to lots of music, and wasting hours on facebook and tumblr. :D

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:06 AM

Also, even if Shikamaru managed to keep Neji at a distance, remember that Neji has Vacuum Palm for long range. So in the end, no matter how you look at it, Neji has all ranges covered, and is the second smartest, after Shika.

#14 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Dec 19 2011, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But Shikamaru going up close and personal is also dangerous as it shortens the length he needs to capture his opponent. So, either way you look at it, fighting him in either way is a double edged sword. Not only that, he's also inherited Asuma's knives now. I wouldn't be surprised if he polished his close-range taijutsu since Asuma's death.

True but what happens when he cant use his shadow techniques.

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Dec 19 2011, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shika really depends on his shadows, and I think Neji is too smart for those. tongue.gif

That's a big flaw, Shikamaru in the dark, hmm what would the outcome be I wonder.

#15 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Dec 19 2011, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure Hidan thought the same thing. I agree that Shika would have a tough opponent if he were to face Neji, but I also know that Shikamaru would already know how to effectively deal with Neji, if we're assuming that they had prior knowledge of their opponent's existence. He would know how to exploit Neji's eyes and style of fighting.

Edited by TheOmegaMan, 19 December 2011 - 07:29 AM.

#16 Mr Horrible

Mr Horrible

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

I think it would probably be Lee, his base is strong already and the potential to open gates just puts him above the rest imo. Shikamaru works best in a team, as individually he isn't the strongest (not that he's weak at all) and I think gated Lee surpasses Neji, particularly because it is Lee's goal to beat Neji and the gates were said to be the way.

That being said, both Sai and Sakura are up there, they both have a lot of potential to receive power ups. Currently I can't see Sakura doing much of anything to gated Lee, he's just too fast while being strong enough to significantly damage her.

#17 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

If we're talking about physical strength here, I'd say Neji all the way. *checks Narutopedia* he has better stats, too.

#18 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

If we are talking about muscle power, then its Sakura, not Lee.

2XtVwF6.png

#19 Amy-chan

Amy-chan

Blonde Gamer

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Animals

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Dec 19 2011, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we are talking about muscle power, then its Sakura, not Lee.

Lee's still stronger.

#20 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (Amy-chan @ Dec 19 2011, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lee's still stronger.

does Lee's gate punches break the whole ground terrian?

2XtVwF6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users