54175 replies to this topic

#81 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

Hey guys, I have a question, since when romance become vocal point in this manga?
I mean kushina love life, and obito flashback which consist his tragic love story.
I think it's start from Hinata confenssion, or is it earlier?

#82 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (rocci @ May 17 2013, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys, I have a question, since when romance become vocal point in this manga?
I mean kushina love life, and obito flashback which consist his tragic love story.

I would say sakuras confession in part 1 and the POAL.

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#83 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (PhenixElite @ May 17 2013, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say sakuras confession in part 1 and the POAL.

That was critical, but I'd go even further to when Naruto said that he liked Sakura. As soon as the main character develops a love interest then you know romance is going to play a role in the story.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#84 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Shadow1275 @ May 17 2013, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was critical, but I'd go even further to when Naruto said that he liked Sakura. As soon as the main character develops a love interest then you know romance is going to play a role in the story.

Yeah but i mean where it really starts to play a role. It could also be the hospital scene where romance slowly starts to get a bigger focus.

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#85 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

If we try to imagine all three (NS,SS,NH) pairings after the war and in the future which of the three looks/seems most suitable for the story??

I just can't see SS at all and NH IMO will look awkward

40283620121415711s.jpg

#86 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Wow new thread!!!! wave.gif WOOT!!

Lovin your posts guys!!

Im glad this website exists and I was able to meet SO many nice and awesome unbiased people like you guys!!!!

grouphug.gif

Luv y'all!! ♥♥

Edit: hows the sakura analysis updated version going along with you chatte? smile.gif looking forward to it.

@nostradamus

Hows the LAR goin'? (Long ass rant)

Edited by Canadian_DJ, 17 May 2013 - 12:34 PM.

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#87 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (HauntedCake @ May 17 2013, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, i'm bracing for SS moment. Kishi has done so much for all other pairings and has been cruel to SS. They have had nothing for years so i believe there will be a full blown out of proportion moment incoming.

Brace for the sh*tstorm happy.gif

Yeah I don't deny that there will be some sort of SS interaction, especially since Sasuke is not kill-crazy right now. Whether it will be romantic is another story, but then again things are taken at face value before being re-evaluated and SS fans probably will take what they can get.

QUOTE (rocci @ May 17 2013, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stated by Kishimoto himself, at the the start of Part II a.k.a. Shippuden. biggrin.gif He actually wanted to include romance from the get go but couldn't fit it into the plot of the pre-time skip so he said he would emphasize it starting with volume 28. happy.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#88 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ May 17 2013, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stated by Kishimoto himself, at the the start of Part II a.k.a. Shippuden. biggrin.gif He actually wanted to include romance from the get go but couldn't fit it into the plot of the pre-time skip so he said he would emphasize it starting with volume 28. happy.gif

That's the beginning of Part 2 volume, right? Did Kishi really specify about starting at volume 28 or is that an assumption of yours?

#89 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ May 17 2013, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I don't deny that there will be some sort of SS interaction, especially since Sasuke is not kill-crazy right now. Whether it will be romantic is another story, but then again things are taken at face value before being re-evaluated and SS fans probably will take what they can get.

Really ? Did kishi said it in his interview? Wow no wonder we get many romance scene in part two ^^.

#90 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (HauntedCake @ May 17 2013, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we try to imagine all three (NS,SS,NH) pairings after the war and in the future which of the three looks/seems most suitable for the story??

Agree. I also cant see Naruto finding his way into the Hyuga Clan.

#91 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (bthug @ May 17 2013, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree. I also cant see Naruto finding his way into the Hyuga Clan.

What i cant imagine is Naruto having a son/daughter or whatever with a byakugan, imagine an uzumaki with a byakugan it's weird over nine thousand.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#92 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (HauntedCake @ May 17 2013, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah ss is just a complete trainreck towards sakuras character and from what i,ve seen in a recent sd chapter in somebodys blog. The ss fansrvice was just a bad image towards sakura i had a hard time finding it cute. down.gif

As for nh the only thing i can respect about it is the fact that they have respect towards each other even it lacks on two sided romance.

Edited by rikakim94, 17 May 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#93 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ May 17 2013, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What i cant imagine is Naruto having a son/daughter or whatever with a byakugan, imagine an uzumaki with a byakugan it's weird over nine thousand.

Ugh man, mere words cant explain thr awkwardness and how out of place it'd be if naruto and hinata got married...thr endless reasons why...from off-spring-wise to character-wise toclan-wise to naruto and his feelings-wise....facepalm.png

I mean just imagine this scenario, naruto taking hinata out on a date and being all romantic and lovey-dovey with her....confused.gif.....kissing her....LOVING HER...and FORGETTING ABOUT HIS SAKURA-CHAN, honeslty, that would be a permanent stamp of FAILURE.

But back to the real world, that wouod NEVER happen and im seriously willing to bet MY all that naruyo and hinata will NOT get married or even be romantically involved with eachother.Hinatas character is over and done with.Thats it.Back to the background hinata, your done.

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#94 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ May 17 2013, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the beginning of Part 2 volume, right? Did Kishi really specify about starting at volume 28 or is that an assumption of yours?

He stated it in an interview about part II. When asked what was part II of Naruto was going to be about, he said he focus on the theme of bonds as always and also "include some of the romance that he couldn't properly portray in Part I". I can't find it but I remember reading it like that, more or less. Plus it is also in Wikipedia, if you don't question its credibility. It said he was to emphasize the theme of romance more starting with Volume 28. I can't guarantee I'm right, but I know this, if he meant Hinata Then the romance would not start with volume 28 but Volume 32, where she ACTUALLY appears. cool.gif

QUOTE (rocci @ May 17 2013, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really ? Did kishi said it in his interview? Wow no wonder we get many romance scene in part two ^^.

You know? fu.png heheelq7.png

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 May 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#95 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (rikakim94 @ May 17 2013, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah ss is just a complete trainreck towards sakuras character and from what i,ve seen in a recent sd chapter in somebodys blog. The ss fansrvice was just a bad image towards sakura i had a hard time finding it cute. down.gif

As for nh the only thing i can respect about it is the fact that they have respect towards each other even it lacks on two sided romance.

Oh you also found that Rock Lee chapter. I just finished seeing it some minutes ago. I actually went to the SS fanclub in NF since they have someone there that translates a lot of stuff. I tried my best to not read the opinions there and just see the chapter's content.

I gotta say, it brought my mood a little down. It makes it seem like Sakura's love for Sasuke is a beautiful thing to be cherished, and not the emotion of detriment to her character that it's supposed to be. And at the same time Naruto, Lee and Kizashi (Sakura's dad) are made out to look very silly.

It made it seem that Sakura's feelings for Sasuke are nice since he's the cool one and the rest of the guys are just lame. It infuriated me a little.

#96 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ May 17 2013, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh you also found that Rock Lee chapter. I just finished seeing it some minutes ago. I actually went to the SS fanclub in NF since they have someone there that translates a lot of stuff. I tried my best to not read the opinions there and just see the chapter's content.

I gotta say, it brought my mood a little down. It makes it seem like Sakura's love for Sasuke is a beautiful thing to be cherished, and not the emotion of detriment to her character that it's supposed to be. And at the same time Naruto, Lee and Kizashi (Sakura's dad) are made out to look very silly.

It made it seem that Sakura's feelings for Sasuke are nice since he's the cool one and the rest of the guys are just lame. It infuriated me a little.

LOL Surprisingly, looking at the Sakura video by that Fornever guy, my mood hasn't been brought down. It actually shot the hell up! I mean, it's unfortunate seeing how much hate she gets, and how dumb the reasons are. "She's obsessed with Sasuke"... dry.gif What the hell is Naruto then? I mean, each argument can be flipped, and when one spouts that she gets the same amount of screentime as Hinata, and Hinata's more relevant, you can't be taken seriously. You just can't. LOL

Anyway, my mood and faith has shot up a bit more. I'm laughing my ass off with each comment I make on the video. Someone just told me that they bet 5 bucks Sakura's not gonna be in the next 5 chapters after 531... He should be saying that about Hinata. The Hyuuga volume is over and done with and her relevance is dropping. She may have some panels but I don't see her having more than Sakura at this point. cool.gif

#97 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ May 17 2013, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What happen? Is rocklee chapter that bad? Or is it their opinion?

#98 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ May 17 2013, 06:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with everything that you said they tried to make funny lighthearted image out of it, but it just came out as annoying.

Edited by rikakim94, 17 May 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#99 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (rikakim94 @ May 17 2013, 05:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you forget something though. Rock Lee isn't Canon. fu.png

#100 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ May 17 2013, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you forget something though. Rock Lee isn't Canon. fu.png

Thats true