Close
Photo

Rokka no Yuusha (Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers)

anime light novel Studio Passione action mystery adventure fantasy magic romance Mesoamerican landscape

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:48 AM

Since this anime is reaching its end, I thought that it was about time to create a thread for this series, which in my eyes is one of the most under-appreciated animes of this season.

Synopsis

When the Majin awakes from the depths of darkness, the deity of fate selects six heroes and bequeaths them with the power to save the world. Adlet, a boy who proclaims himself the strongest man in the world, has been selected among "The Heroes of the Six Flowers". However, as the heroes gather, they soon begin to suspect that someone amongst them is an imposter.

(Source: ANN, edited)

Characters

4d5052bb6f7b1c1fc211f95a9532b73e14352779

From Left to Right: Mora Chester, Chamo Rosso, Goldof Auora, Nashetania Piena, Adlet Mayer, Fremy Speeddraw, Hans Humpty

Trailer

Now, if you are possibly thinking something along these lines: Ugh, another MMO-like, Sword-Art-Online wannabe anime with skimpy-looking characters that gather together to save humanity. Then let me just tell you this: You are so wrong. This anime is surprisingly mostly dialogue-driven, underscored with superb voice-acting talents, in particular Aoi Yuuki (Fremy Speeddraw) who in the past has lend her voice to Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka. As the directors were also the ones who directed the acclaimed Spice & Wolf, it should come as no surprise that the dialogues b/w the characters are fairly engaging. In addition to this, the pacing for this anime is pretty much on point and doesnt feel rushed at all as it is taking its time to adapt an entire light novel in 12 episodes. Nowadays, lightnovels do not receive this treatment. As a result they end up in a clunkily, badly paced manner. My only gribe with this Rokka is the animation. Its bad at certain points, mainly b/c Studio Passione is a young studio that has only animated three other animes, I believe, so far. Anyways, I hope you'll give this anime a try b/c its really good and one of my favorites of this season.

And if you are watching this anime, who do you think the imposter is? Vote on the poll. My vote goes to Nashetania.

Edited by trang95, 06 September 2015 - 04:26 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:30 AM

i vote for the rabbit ear girl as the imposter  :argh:

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#3 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:13 PM

Not all caught up on this, but I'm genuinely surprised at how much I enjoy it. I really didn't have any great expectations, but it's actually been very engaging. I really have no idea who the Seventh could be. :argh:

#4 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

Not all caught up on this, but I'm genuinely surprised at how much I enjoy it. I really didn't have any great expectations, but it's actually been very engaging. I really have no idea who the Seventh could be. :argh:

Same here. My expectations for this show were pretty low, but nope, I was wrong. What episode are you on.

Edited by trang95, 06 September 2015 - 04:21 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#5 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:35 PM

Same here. My expectations for this show were pretty low, but nope, I was wrong. What episode are you on.

I finished episode 8, so only a couple behind.

#6 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:04 PM

I finished episode 8, so only a couple behind.

Ahh, I think episode 8 was one of my favorites. Quite the touching dialogue that was going on b/w Adlet and Fremy. And yes, I ship those two :3

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#7 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:15 PM

Too bad the whole cour is just the puzzle room. From what I've heard, the LN is pretty good so if you're into it you should give it a try.

Also, Phlegmy best girl 11/10

#8 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:44 PM

Too bad the whole cour is just the puzzle room. From what I've heard, the LN is pretty good so if you're into it you should give it a try.

Also, Phlegmy best girl 11/10

I'm hoping for a second season to be announced one day!!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#9 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:00 PM

While I did vote on Maura, a nagging feeling was telling me that the 7th was Nachetanya. My only basis was Nachetanya's ending song "Dance in the Fake" just the title alone should've been a dead give-away. Adlet's confession was honestly bland, but Flamie's reaction gave it a more realistic flair.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#10 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:15 PM

While I did vote on Maura, a nagging feeling was telling me that the 7th was Nachetanya. My only basis was Nachetanya's ending song "Dance in the Fake" just the title alone should've been a dead give-away. Adlet's confession was honestly bland, but Flamie's reaction gave it a more realistic flair.

When it comes to Adlet's confession, I was just like: That came out of no where, lol. Love at first sight is unpredictable, but you'd show at least more obvious signs.

Flamie's reaction was really touching though, especially thx to her voice actress.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#11 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:53 PM

I knew I'd heard Fremy/Flamie's VA somewhere before, she voiced Victorique in Gosick. It was driving me nuts that I couldn't remember, lol.

Also I noticed that most people seem to be leaning towards Nachetanya as the Seventh, I'm kind of fifty-fifty there. I think there's definitely a chance it's her, but I have a feeling her ending song might be a mislead.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 09 September 2015 - 05:58 PM.

#12 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:56 PM

ayy lemao

#13 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:47 PM

I knew I'd heard Fremy/Flamie's VA somewhere before, she voiced Victorique in Gosick. It was driving me nuts that I couldn't remember, lol.

Also I noticed that most people seem to be leaning towards Nachetanya as the Seventh, I'm kind of fifty-fifty there. I think there's definitely a chance it's her, but I have a feeling her ending song might be a mislead.

Speaking about ending song: The third ending song "Nameless Heart" about Flamie (how the heck do you spell it?) is actually sung by Flamie's voice actress herself. It's a pretty beautiful song, and the singer has a really clear voice.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#14 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:00 PM

Dance in the Fake was also sung by Nachetanya.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#15 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:21 AM

I'm not sure if I hate Mora or Nachetanya more tbh. Both of them were just unbelievably crazy in this episode...

Adlet though!!!!!!!!!!!! You seldomly see a main character with intelligence and deductive reasoning.

Next week, we'll find out who the seventh is!!!!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#16 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:25 PM

I knew they were going to end it just before the Seventh was revealed, lol.

Spolier

I'm not sure if I hate Mora or Nachetanya more tbh. Both of them were just unbelievably crazy in this episode...

Adlet though!!!!!!!!!!!! You seldomly see a main character with intelligence and deductive reasoning.

Next week, we'll find out who the seventh is!!!!

I haven't really liked Nachetanya from the beginning. Something about the character rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 15 September 2015 - 04:26 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anime, light novel, Studio Passione, action, mystery, adventure, fantasy, magic, romance, Mesoamerican landscape

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users