• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:22 PM

zl6oVmv.jpg?1

"Growing up in the late 16th century Sengoku era Japan, Shinmen Takezō is shunned by the local villagers as a devil child due to his wild and violent nature. Running away from home with a fellow boy at age 17, Takezo joins the Toyotomi army to fight the Tokugawa clan at the Battle of Sekigahara. However, the Tokugawa win a crushing victory, leading to nearly three hundred years of Shogunate rule. Takezo and his friend manage to survive the battle and afterwards swear to do great things with their lives. However, after their paths separate, Takezo becomes a wanted criminal and must change his name and his nature in order to escape an ignoble death."

Writer: Inoue Takehiko (the guy who wrote slam dunk)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Historical, Martial Arts, Mature, Psychological, Seinen

I only just started reading this, but so far I really like it. It's interesting, and the main character is obviously going to have to go through some kind of spiritual/mental journey of his own. So far, it's been worth the read, and I'd suggest it.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#2 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:23 PM

Well I like slam dunk... And the description seems cool. I'll check it out~

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#3 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:33 PM

You just read it?
Well, it's a great manga about classic rivalry of literature made from rivalry master himself.

#4 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:37 PM

Well I like slam dunk... And the description seems cool. I'll check it out~

It's pretty good so far :)

You just read it?
Well, it's a great manga about classic rivalry of literature made from rivalry master himself.

I just started a little bit ago.

EXL5X4B.png

#5 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:50 PM

It's pretty good so far :)
I just started a little bit ago.

Well, take your time since the manga has long hiatus.

#6 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:53 PM

didn't it just come back?

Edited by AHK, 23 October 2015 - 10:54 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:58 PM

Well Obviously this is a great read!

spoiler

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 October 2015 - 10:59 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#8 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:10 PM

didn't it just come back?

The author take longer time to publish a chapter.

#9 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:56 PM

The author take longer time to publish a chapter.

Pretty sure it comes out monthly as opposed to weekly.

EXL5X4B.png

#10 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 12:10 AM

Pretty sure it comes out monthly as opposed to weekly.

Yes, but later the author goes on hiatus.

But don't worry, I think we already reach 2/3 of the manga.

Edited by rocci, 24 October 2015 - 12:11 AM.

#11 Sarahmint

Sarahmint

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:wonderfulandterriblethings.tumblr

Revolution on NarutoForums

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:47 AM

The story is amazing!  The art is beautiful.  You will be gripped by the first page.  I'm on the first omnibus volume right now.

Was once Sasuke's biggest fan.

And then chapter 699 happened.

He should have called Kakashi out on his hypocrisy,

instead he was left alone by Naruto...

#12 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:07 AM

Read it all, and it's great  :argh:

#13 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:54 PM

I hate matahachi...

EXL5X4B.png

#14 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 06:39 PM

I hate matahachi...

You have a long way to fall  :lmao:

#15 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:46 PM

I hate matahachi...

Well he's a total loser, but usually that kind of type has development to happen.

#16 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:36 AM

Yeah, so this series is great. I've been unable to put it down. Already near chapter 200z

Well he's a total loser, but usually that kind of type has development to happen.

I hope he develops a sword through his abdomen.

EXL5X4B.png

#17 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:12 PM

Yeah, so this series is great. I've been unable to put it down. Already near chapter 200z
I hope he develops a sword through his abdomen.

Dead? Nah I don't think that would happen.

#18 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:01 PM

Matahachi is indeed flawed but I did not forget that he befriended the MC when almost no one cared and rejected him.

I know he has flaws but he is not unredeemable and this is all down for a purpose that will eventually lead to something.

I prefer Slamdunk's pacing and being more fun.

Edited by hinataiscreepy, 25 October 2015 - 02:02 PM.

#19 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:39 PM

Matahachi is indeed flawed but I did not forget that he befriended the MC when almost no one cared and rejected him.

I know he has flaws but he is not unredeemable and this is all down for a purpose that will eventually lead to something.

I prefer Slamdunk's pacing and being more fun.

I agree.

Well, slam dunk is a shonen sport manga and it doesn't really put deep into character journey like vagabond.

Anyway if you want manga similiar with vagabond, I recommend you to read Vinland saga.

#20 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:50 AM

Ah, you're finally reading it. Seriously good. I couldn't pass it after Slam Dunk. Shame the wait takes a while. Why good one takes forever...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: samurai, swords and stuff, better than Naruto, takehiko inoue, sengoku era

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users