50 replies to this topic

#1 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:03 AM

After the end of Part 1 the series took a huge nosedive in quality in Part 2. Aside from the ending, what do you think was the worst aspects of the second half?

Edited by Namikaze Clan, 04 October 2015 - 03:07 AM.

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:05 AM

After the end of Part 1 the series took a huge nosedive in quality in Part 2. Aside from the ending, what do you think was the worst aspect of the second half?

Can we have more than one?

#3 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:07 AM

Can we have more than one?

Sure why not?

#4 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:07 AM

Too much focus on the Uchiha's and their clan of psychopaths and not enough on the now ex-main character.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#5 RisenFromTheAshes

RisenFromTheAshes

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:21 AM

The unnecessary death of Neji, the concept of reincarnation and destiny being affirmed, and the extreme focus on Sasuke Uchiha are the top three things that I dislike the most about it. 

#6 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:19 AM

"Neji's death for NH" Which she showed no emotion towards.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#7 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:37 AM

Too much focus on the Uchiha's and their clan of psychopaths and not enough on the now ex-main character.

True in this, that focus in the Uchihas the little progress made Naruto was downgrade by them.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#8 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:45 AM

I would say my top three Least Favorite Things about Part 2 would be the near total focus on Sasuke and the Uchiha Clan rather than the title character, the constant power ups and the fact that all the main characters' characterizations were wiped out just to 'try' make the pairings make sense (which still failed miserably).

#9 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:06 AM

#3. Retcons

#2. Sasuke.

#1. Hinata.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#10 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:42 AM

1. sasuke's wishy washy personality, kishi's lack of understanding/planning for this character till this very day -.-

2. not focusing on the ninja aspect of this narutoverse

- ranks like jounin become a joke when konohamaru saved his pervy special jounin teacher

- not exploring more of the naruverse, like other villages

- konoha ninjas not having elements, it's like they never trained at all, other than sasuke and naruto 

3. uchihas like madara, itachi, sasuke, obito getting all the op powers. ordinary people like lee can do virtually nothing, as proven by guy in the war arc.

4. lack of planning in the war arc where the pacing is horrible. i could barely stand the beginning.. nobody cares about those metal samurai for instance. huge time waster.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#11 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, they didn't really establish the Samurai Era all that much, so it's hard to care now, especially it's even further from the past.

#12 RisenFromTheAshes

RisenFromTheAshes

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:46 PM

1. sasuke's wishy washy personality, kishi's lack of understanding/planning for this character till this very day -.-

- ranks like jounin become a joke when konohamaru saved his pervy special jounin teacher

- konoha ninjas not having elements, it's like they never trained at all, other than sasuke and naruto 

3. uchihas like madara, itachi, sasuke, obito getting all the op powers. ordinary people like lee can do virtually nothing, as proven by guy in the war arc.

4. lack of planning in the war arc where the pacing is horrible. i could barely stand the beginning.. nobody cares about those metal samurai for instance. huge time waster.

I agree with you for with your second one entirely. I felt that we found out about all the rival villages, their history and their ninjas too late in Part II. I'd at least expect them to go into it a bit in Part 1 and they did with Suna/Kiri a bit but it wasn't enough imo. The lack of training was something that was literally irritating to me as well but not as much as the decrease in the ninja aspect. 

#13 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:50 PM

Where to start? The biggest issue for me was the transition towards a Sasuke-driven narrative. Whether it was Sasuke himself or the lengthy backstory of the Uchiha, that becomes the driving force for the story. I fell in love with Naruto because of the titular character and my desire to see him achieve his dreams, not read about the Uchiha page after page.

#14 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:03 AM

The elements one is huge. My favorite part of part 1 was all of the different elemental techniques and how cool they were. Enter lategame part 2 and elements are discarded for Sharingan, juubi and rasengan techniques. I liked the rasengan and it's elemental side but it got boring after the 5 millionth time Naruto used it. It would have been better if Naruto had learned more wind techniques or better yet, give him another element to counter Sasuke like Earth.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#15 Sakurafan1

Sakurafan1

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:08 AM

"Neji's death for NH" Which she showed no emotion towards.

Please stop with this ******. As much as I dislike Hinata, she did weep for his death and even visited at his grave marker afterwards. If she had shown no emotion toward it, she wouldn't had even bothered.

http://www.mangapand...m/naruto/614/15

http://www.mangapand...m/naruto/614/17

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/700/4

Edited by Sakurafan1, 05 October 2015 - 02:31 AM.

#16 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:12 AM

Extreme lack of (good) Naruto development (both individually and as an actual shinobi).

2e5.gif

#17 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:57 AM

Please stop with this ******. As much as I dislike Hinata, she did weep for his death and even visited at his grave marker afterwards. If she had shown no emotion toward it, she wouldn't had even bothered.

http://www.mangapand...m/naruto/614/15
http://www.mangapand...m/naruto/614/17
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/700/4

Then afterwards..."Naruto-kun's big hand is so warm" while her dead cousin lies at her feet

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#18 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:55 AM

Naruto went on a three year training period and unlike his teammates didn't learn anything new. Sakura got super strengrh and medical jutsu, Sasuke learned how to use a sword, and what did naruto learn? How to make a bigger Rasengan

#19 Sakurafan1

Sakurafan1

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:44 AM

Then afterwards..."Naruto-kun's big hand is so warm" while her dead cousin lies at her feet

Okay then. Thank you for the clarification.

#20 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:36 AM

The rebound is too rushed and awkward. I mean yeah, emotional (barely there) was quickly out of the way in many ways. Honestly, if we can blame the writer, I would say Kishi is the one at fault. But if we go by only story, then Hinata was painted selfish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users