Close
Photo

How is Sasuke a reincarnation of Madara?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:15 PM

I only know one other person in real life who kept up with Naruto. Today when we were talking somehow Naruto came up, and I started talking about how stupid the ending was. She then claimed that one aspect of the "Everlasting Prince Brother reincarnation" thing was that Sasuke was supposedly the reincarnation of Madara.....

Well.... how the hell is the even possible since Madara never died? The man kept himself alive for decades using impure ninja techniques..... so how the hell did his soul pass on and get brought back in order to become Sasuke in the first place if he never died?

And if his soul somehow stayed on the Earth... well again how the hell was he reincarnated?

Or are me and my friend simply misremembering things? I'm not interested in rereading the manga again, so I figured I'd put it out there to you guys and gals.

Edited by Tiller, 03 October 2015 - 09:17 PM.

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:16 PM

I don't know. I rather save my brain than frying it.

#3 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:28 PM

I don't know. I rather save my brain than frying it.

I know the feeling. lol I'm putting this out there simply because it's so odd. I don't blame you for not wanting to investigate though.

#4 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:34 PM

It's a cycle of power vs. love. Madara wanted to become hokage to force people to respect the Uchiha and he didn't care whether they wanted him too or not. Hashirama followed the will of the people, even though he wanted Madara to become hokage. 

Sasuke wanted to essentially force people to fall in line in order to end the cycle of hatred. Naruto wanted to use TNJ and the power of "love." It's stupid but it makes sense.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#5 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:41 PM

I understand that they follow the same ideas, and their are parallels to highlight. But I was told it's outright stated the Sasuke is the reincarnation of Madara.... but Madara never died so how the hell is that possible?

#6 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:00 PM

He died one year before sasuke born.

#7 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:08 PM

He died one year before sasuke born.

I always like Avatar way of reincarnation. It made much sense than just lucky guess.

#8 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:08 AM

Madara did die. He came on to the battle field via Edo Tensei, meaning he had to have died at some point. He came alive again when the author decided to make stuff up that made no sense. However, if Kishimoto's idea of reincarnation is the same as it is commonly understood then Sasuke cannot be his reincarnation as there would have been no spirit to place into Edo Tensei body.

#9 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:55 AM

I think that Sasuke is considered Madara's reincarnation only because both Sasuke and Madara are the reincarnation of Indra. Madara truly died sometime after saving Obito, I think it was right after Rin was killed by Kakashi, before being revived via the Edo Tensei during the Fourth War. 

#10 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:02 AM

It really doesn't make sense. Reincarnation was something not planned at all and not thoughtful at all.

#11 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:07 AM

Tiller I send a MP please read it 

Edited by Liu bie, 04 October 2015 - 03:43 AM.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#12 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:39 AM

Madara did die. He came on to the battle field via Edo Tensei, meaning he had to have died at some point. He came alive again when the author decided to make stuff up that made no sense. However, if Kishimoto's idea of reincarnation is the same as it is commonly understood then Sasuke cannot be his reincarnation as there would have been no spirit to place into Edo Tensei body.

I think that Sasuke is considered Madara's reincarnation only because both Sasuke and Madara are the reincarnation of Indra. Madara truly died sometime after saving Obito, I think it was right after Rin was killed by Kakashi, before being revived via the Edo Tensei during the Fourth War. 

I broke down and decided to look some stuff up. Although I didn't look back at the manga I decided to check out the Naruto wiki so take this info for what it is worth.

It seems that Madara did die at the Valley of the End. But before the battle he set up a seal that would bring him back to life by sacrificing the vision in his right eye. (I don't how the kitten that works but ok fine. He died but didn't die cause of magic.). He then took a mouthful (? I guess he bite him?!?!) of Hashirama's flesh that he used to heal his wounds. This later caused the activation of the Rinnegan, which allowed him to summon the Demonic Statue which he used to create the White Zetsu Army. Oh and it grew his missing eye back... so... you know he didn't lose anything really.

Madara then came up with the Moon idea, and choose Nagato to be the person who would carry it out, so he transplanted the Rinnegan into Nagato without Nagato knowing about it. He did this so Nagato would one day bring him back to life.... (?) I guess. In order for Nagato to do this though he needed an agent to do this because he was dying of old age. He found Obito.

He then manipulated things so Rin would have the Three Tail's sealed into her, and also so that Kakashi would kill her well Obitio witnessed it. Therefor making sure Obitio would hate the world and go along with his plan. Madara then created Black Zetsu as a manifestation of his will.... (I guess this was retconned later?) And then he chose to die by disconnecting himself from the Demon Statue, and gave Obito his name.

That's the stupidest kitten I've forced myself to read in awhile. I don't remember half of that, but reading it out like that I can see why. That setup is kitten insane for a story's background..... So just wait.... Even this has been retconned because in the end it was Kaguya who created Black Zetsu who put everything in motion including most of the wars that happened between the nations so that Kaguya would come back to life......

Which means every war was just an excuse to bring back Kaguya... not one was about human weakness but instead a god's manipulation.... and even Madara was manipulated into evil... who then manipulated Obitio and Sasuke and basically everyone else.... and....

oh-no-ive-gone-cross-eyed.jpg

#13 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:24 PM

Here is the thing...then why didn't Sasuke died when Madara was resurrected.

Shouldn't his soul be liked...ripped from him or something?

Edited by Strangelove, 04 October 2015 - 02:24 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#14 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:16 PM

You're trying to figure out reincarnation in Kishimoto's universe when he can't even get simple genetics straight? (A jutsu that is supposed to be genetically passed down...isn't, but a jutsu that is not genetically specific...is. Go figure.) Good luck with that.

"Hard to finish the race when people keep moving the finish line."
-Old modern proverb.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 04 October 2015 - 03:18 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#15 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:40 AM

IIRC, it wasn't Madara's soul that was reincarnated, but simply Indra's chakra that got reincarnated into Sasuke when he was born, after Madara's initial death (being the one to previously have it, hence Black Zetsu approaching him as he had done with each previous one to inherit it).

2e5.gif

#16 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:17 AM

Don't try to make sense of what's broken

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#17 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:15 AM

It really doesn't make sense. Reincarnation was something not planned at all and not thoughtful at all.

It's his way to canonize the parallel.

Sasuke is madara "reincarnation" just like naruto is hashirama "reincarnation".

#18 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:44 AM

I can just see it...one of SP's later attempts will involve actual time travel in order to force things to look good and "completely" canonize them (like Naruto magically knowing the Kage Bunshin before graduating the academy and Hinata being his "first and only friend" and crap like that) while ignoring just how far-reaching the ripple effects would be as a result.

2e5.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users