Close
Photo

Having problems with copyright on YouTube?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:27 AM

Attention to all AMV makers!!! if your audio gets copyright problems in Youtube, do the following:

Step 1: Go to your vid.
Step 2: Click on the "more about copyright" link.
Step 3: On the right, there should be something about Disputes. & "I want to learn more about the dispute process", click on it.
Step 4: Click on the third dot & fill in the reason in the box and fill in the name of the Artist & Song used.
Step 5: Fill in your Electronic Signature
Final step : type in the statement of good faith & submit your dispute. It should take a few hours or so to get it back.

P.S: I would recommend that your video has something "extra" at the end or beginning. Something like a thank you or credit roll. I think that's the main reason how I got it back.

OR, you could use this:
Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use..

all you have to do is fill the explanation on the second box with that.
Either way, it works.

Edited by Newkerz, 18 January 2010 - 03:00 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users