Close
Photo

Naruto Shippuuden Ending 10-NaruSaku Proof!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#21 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (deafdrum @ Aug 30 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno...even though this was just a scene in the anime ending credits, I still think it bears some significance.

The reason I think so is this: even though anime is technically not canon as is the manga, it is an adaptation of canon, and as such, cannot contradict canon. For example, you will never see a filler arc where a primary recurring character is killed off, especially if they are still alive during future events in the manga. Filler story arcs are designed so that they can logically occur alongside the events that transpire in the manga without actually altering them.

Since the perception of time in most manga is pretty loosely defined (you can't always tell how much time was supposed to transpire between panels 4 and 5 of chapter 234, page 7, just to throw random numbers out there), the anime producers can take creative liberties and craft stories that take place between those supposed gaps, hence the term, "filler." However, there are certain elements of manga that are more clearly defined, and as such the producers cannot take as much liberty with those elements. The example I gave earlier with killing off characters is one such element, and I believe pairings could also be considered one of those elements.

In this case, it is hard for me to accept the "love umbrella" scene in the end credits as mere non-canon "filler." The manga has already addressed Sakura's feelings toward Sasuke and defined it as "love." The ending credits scene seemed to have deliberately contradicted this definition, which as I've already stated, I don't believe can happen, at least with the Naruto anime and manga. So, this only leaves two options: A) my interpretation of the anime scene is incorrect and thus does not contradict the manga, or B) the manga will eventually confirm that Sakura's feelings toward Sasuke have indeed changed, thus the anime scene does not contradict the manga.

As much as I would like option B to be the case, I still don't know if such a thing is possible given the relationship between the producers of the manga and the producers of the anime. However, I would like to believe there is at least some connection, because the anime producers should have to consult with the manga producers to make sure that any filler material they come up with doesn't somehow contradict something that might become canon later in the manga. I don't know if Kishimoto himself would be involved in such a meeting, or if such a meeting even exists, but it does seem reasonable given the structure we've seen in anime filler.

If my beliefs end up being justified, then we might see more confirmation that Sakura's feelings toward Sasuke have changed later in the manga, but as of now, this is mostly just speculation. It's not bad to speculate though rolleyes.gif .

Actually it's in the official databook 3 in Sakura's profile that she no longer is in love with Sasuke and has developed feelings for Naruto. In her character description in Viz's official (meaning this is approved by Kishimoto) English adaption of his manga it says Sakura "used to be" in love with Sasuke. She is no longer- which is freaking obvious if you actually read the manga- as is her being in love with Naruto not Sasuke. Let's compare her reactions to seeing Naruto vs Sasuke for the first time in about 3 years.

With Naruto- Sakura blushes, smiles and flirts in an overt way with him, inviting to look her body in a sexual manner. Also I suggest reading chapters 296-7, 343, 429, 450, 458-9 and others in part 2 of the manga.

With Sasuke- no smile, no blush, much less any attempt at flirting (and look at part 1, she blushes, smiles and tries to flirt with Sasuke all the time. If she was still in love with him at minimum she would have blushed at how sexy she thought he looked- instead, no reaction of that sort at all) She is scared of him, and then angry when he threatens Naruto's life, she attempts to act to protect Naruto.

The animators have picked up on the obvious- Sakura is in love with Naruto and using symbols to show that. Note as well she is the only one shown actually drinking the NARUTOnic water and Hinata is the only other person with a can of it. Obvious symbolic reference to their connection to Naruto- Hinata has feelings for Naruto but Naruto isn't connected to her- one sided attraction. Sakura drinks the water- bringing Naruto inside her (LOL that sounded like a reference to sex) meaning their attraction is mutual and deep. Sakura scribbles out Sasuke's name from under her umbrella because she no longer has romantic feelings for him and has become completely comfortable with acknowlwedging that, she's free of her one sided feelings for him, and is happy and confident in herself, she is open to letting Naruto in.

Edited by ciardha, 26 September 2009 - 04:58 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#22 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Sep 26 2009, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just because she crossed out her previous bf name, doesn't mean is all of a sudden a NaruSaku...lol

Right it may prove that Sakura doesn't feel that way about Sasuke anymore but it doesn't mean that she likes Naruto not that I'm against the thing. However there was a part where Sakura is drinking a soda named after Naruto. This could be symbolic that she could be interested in Naruto more than a friend, also Hinata was holding the same Naruto soda can but she wasn't drinking it this could also be symbolic. Since she didn't drink it, it could mean that she likes Naruto but not in a romantic light I don't know though. I think endings with canon pairings hints are cute but they are not absolute the manga is all that counts since the animators are following the path Kishi is taking in the pairings department. smile.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#23 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:12 AM

I must say, that is DEFINITELY interesting. I never would have caught that. And I believe that the animators need to ask Kishimoto about these kinds of things; however, I do think that the fact that it's only in a mere ending of the show lowers its quality a large amount. What truly matters is the anime and manga itself, not filler and openings/endings to the anime. sleep.gif

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#24 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jan 8 2010, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must say, that is DEFINITELY interesting. I never would have caught that. And I believe that the animators need to ask Kishimoto about these kinds of things; however, I do think that the fact that it's only in a mere ending of the show lowers its quality a large amount. What truly matters is the anime and manga itself, not filler and openings/endings to the anime. sleep.gif

it would have to mean NS or it would conridict the manga easy as that

#25 pinkheartsyellowstars

pinkheartsyellowstars

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:54 AM

I am so high in the ending.. wub.gif
so cute!.. a_spaz.gif

#26 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

Aw, Pinkie, that's adorable! Thanks for sharing! laugh.gif

When I saw that scene, right then and there, I knew it:

Someone is going to make a gif of this heheelq7.png
And I was right!

Edited by Froot, 08 January 2010 - 01:37 PM.

#27 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (pinkheartsyellowstars @ Jan 8 2010, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am so high in the ending.. wub.gif
so cute!.. a_spaz.gif

that is so cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users