• This topic is locked This topic is locked
166 replies to this topic

#41 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Nov 4 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh and I would also like to say, if Sasuke could last 10 min in the ring with the kages, then their is no way Team Sakura has a chance of touching him.

Don't discount Sakura, remember how well she stood up to Sasori and she also appears to have strengthened her defensive genjutsu signifigantly- when they faced the Itachi "clone" Naruto fell under the genjutsu easily and even Kakashi started to, Sakura didn't at all. I'm hoping Kishimoto will also finally show Sakura using her water element affinity offensively, that would be so cool, and Sasuke would be thrown off balance if she doused a katon. He wouldn't expect her to be able to counter any of his abilities.

Sai looks to be along as well and he had the speed to counter Sasuke's sword strike before. Lee as well will likely be more of a challenge than you think for Sasuke. Kiba's the one I could see getting his butt handed to him the most quickly, he has a hot temper and tends to jump into things without thinking.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#42 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:31 PM

Isn't...Sasuke inside Madara's eye realm?

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#43 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Nov 4 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't...Sasuke inside Madara's eye realm?

For the moment, but eventually he'll be out roaming around again. But none of the Konoha people know about what happened to Sasuke. Gaara will have to tell Naruto.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#44 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 4 2009, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't discount Sakura, remember how well she stood up to Sasori and she also appears to have strengthened her defensive genjutsu signifigantly- when they faced the Itachi "clone" Naruto fell under the genjutsu easily and even Kakashi started to, Sakura didn't at all. I'm hoping Kishimoto will also finally show Sakura using her water element affinity offensively, that would be so cool, and Sasuke would be thrown off balance if she doused a katon. He wouldn't expect her to be able to counter any of his abilities.

Sai looks to be along as well and he had the speed to counter Sasuke's sword strike before. Lee as well will likely be more of a challenge than you think for Sasuke. Kiba's the one I could see getting his butt handed to him the most quickly, he has a hot temper and tends to jump into things without thinking.

Yeah agree with ya Ciardha, It will take Sakura to break through Sasuke's genjutsu and Naruto going after Sasuke in Sage Mode or anything else he has. happy.gif

I hope after this chapter conversation it will help trigger the Sakura arc that we've been waiting for. eager.gif

#45 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:43 PM

Sasuke was beaten pretty bad by the Kages so there is a chance he might be out of it for a while.

Umm...I hate to bring this up, but does anyone have a slight doubt like I have about Naruto and Sakura not coming together in the end? I know I shouldn't have doubt, but I have read plenty of manga and have been disappointed several times in the past where all of the sudden the writer takes a new direction.

If Kishimoto did that I don't know what I would think. I would hate for Kishimoto to build up this point in the manga that seems almost indefinite until a certain point where all of a sudden he just says "Screw it, we will go the other way" for no reason at all.

I know Kishimoto did say in an interview he knows the whole story already and only thing that changes is how they got to that destination. Not the destination itself.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#46 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 4 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand, I just don't think they will be able to beat Sasuke. Maybe they will be able to at least stand the fight for a lil while but I don't see them beating him. Oh and about him fighting the kages. I can't give Sasuke much credit, I mean for the most part he was running for his life lol. Plus the only kage that got hurt was Raikage and thats because he hurt himself. So yeah maybe Sakura and team can stand a chance.

#47 lolaMarie

lolaMarie

M.Phelp's fangirl

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

I want to see Sakura live up to Tsunade's reputation, but I wont delude myself into thinking Kishi is going to let a character other then Naruto, and a female at that get close to taking down Sasuke. I really hope she doesn't get herself killed.

As far as shipping goes, I think its pretty accurate to say NaruSaku is in the same boat as 469. I feel better about the confession then what I did before, but at the same time her confession is now sounding like a ploy to get him back to the village. I recognize that she is doing it for Naruto's sake, but sometimes the worst outcome can come from the best intention. I like a good drama, but let leave the pile of dead bodies to Shakespeare .

#48 kabu-chan

kabu-chan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:05 PM

"Even if that promise to Sakura is gone, it doesn't matter."

this is kinda worrying me. D:
Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success.

#49 pinkheartsyellowstars

pinkheartsyellowstars

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (kabu-chan @ Nov 4 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Even if that promise to Sakura is gone, it doesn't matter."

this is kinda worrying me. D:

hmm yeah Kinda too. sad.gif
I kinda hope Naruto is still in DENIAL when he says this unsure.gif

#50 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:10 PM

I mean, I don't think we should worry about NS, there will probly be many more chapters where we say "yay NS is real" and others where we say "NS is over". Probably no reason to freak out though, I mean, we all know who Naruto is in love with, and Kishi wouldn't just have that whole ordeal brought out in the open and especially to the person that he loves for no reason or just to break the couple. We got alot more left ahead of us, so now we might as well enjoy the long road to the end.

Oh and I predict that Naruto will die at some point in the manga. I'm not saying permanently but I'm just saying that in some way I think he is going to be killed. Of course I think this might be the big thing that makes NS real.

I'm recruiting people to help me work on my time machine, need money, smart people, and crazy imaginations.

NARUSAKU FTW

#51 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

I really hope NaruSaku happens. I really do. They are a couple that could survive anything or I thought they could.

I think Naruto and Sakura need to find peace with themselves before they can find peace with eachother.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#52 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Nov 4 2009, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really hope NaruSaku happens. I really do. They are a couple that could survive anything or I thought they could.

I think Naruto and Sakura need to find peace with themselves before they can find peace with eachother.

they already have, but it would be very boring if it just happens out of nowhere. The manga has to reach its climatic conclusion first...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#53 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:10 PM

Sakura's going after Sasuke on her own, with Lee and Kiba, hmmm.....this is interesting, as Naruto is going to be held captive by the Kages in order to stop Akatsuki getting hold of him. But if Naruto finds out about Sakura he's not going to stay behind and let her be in danger....and with his Sage Mode he might be able to track her.

This could be a very interesting turn of events, Naruto wants to save Sasuke for his own reasons, BUT if Sakura's life is held in the balance he might have to decide who he wants to save more. Which i'm hoping is Sakura...could be interesting to see what happens next, if Naruto meets Gaara and finds out the purpose of Madara's plans and his use of Sasuke and would having the knowledge of Madara's plan change Sasuke's plans or is he willing to be used a puppet once again?

It's also going to be interesting to see how this affects Danzo's plan on being Hokage, If Naruto is going after Sakura, then Kakashi will have to make a choice, does he try to stop Naruto for the allaince and go to Konoha to report on Danzo and the Kages, Does he go with him, and run the risk of Danzo getting to Konoa and using his Sharingan to manipulate the council to support him against the other Kages?

Things could get very interesting soon. we might even see Naruto on the run from the five nations with Sakura.

iAnby7W.gif

#54 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Nov 4 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Truer words have not been spoken.

#55 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

Interesting that it's almost like Sakura and Naruto have switched roles in this chapter. Last chapter Naruto was the voice of Sakura's conscience in a way, telling her to be true to herself. This week Sakura takes this role and Naruto is the one in denial. It really shows how Sasuke is hurting them both.

#56 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

Kiba, whispering to Sakura: What should we do Sakura...? Isn't it better if we just tell him like it is?

This is what makes me think. Tell him what? That the whole speech was a lie? Part of a plan? It all looked like it. I don't know. I still don't know if Sakuras feelings are true.

#57 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

@ Gaara

I'm pretty sure Kiba just meant tell Naruto about the rookies decision. Sakura wants to protect Naruto from any tension between himself and the rookies so she stops him. I think it's pretty clear why she would want to go on her own. Naruto is a jinchuuriki and Sasuke is an akatsuki member. She knows what happens when the bijuu is extracted. There is no way she wants Naruto to go search for Sasuke when all signs point to Sasuke tracking jinchuuriki.

#58 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Nov 4 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is what makes me think. Tell him what? That the whole speech was a lie? Part of a plan? It all looked like it. I don't know. I still don't know if Sakuras feelings are true.

At this point after 400+ chapters of development you're still wondering if Sakura truly loves Naruto? huh.gif

#59 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 4 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At this point after 400+ chapters of development you're still wondering if Sakura truly loves Naruto? huh.gif

Women are strange you know. tongue.gif I experienced it myself. Those damn evil girls...

Anyway, I'm not asking this because I didn't see the development between those two, just because of the way she told Naruto about her feelings.

Still, I hope they kiss soon. biggrin.gif

Edited by Gaara, 04 November 2009 - 06:28 PM.

#60 Darkive13

Darkive13

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:38 PM

Here's a Translation of actual text i found:

Naruto’s exasperation toward Sakura’s confession!!
Naruto 470: Killer Bee Vs Kisame!!

Kakashi, Yamato, Lee, and Kiba in silence, as the snow is falling
Sakura: I…are you saying I’m lying to myself?
Naruto with an ambiguous face: …
Sakura: You have to decide what your true feelings are!! If you hate me then be straightforward about it!! Don’t make selfish excuses.
Interrupting Sakura while talking, Naruto: That’s why it’s strange! To say something like that until now!
Sakura: …Something…like that!?
Sakura talking on and on: That something–a girl’s confession–do you think this is something to take lightly!?
And until now!?
I came all the way here for that!
You and Sasuke, Sasuke, it’s always you chasing after Sasuke and getting yourself into danger.

Sounds pretty damn good for us NaruSaku fans if I do say so myself biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users