Close
Photo

Now that I think about it... I can't erase Naruto completely.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:27 AM

It's been on my mind.., and while telling my mom I wanted to sell all of my Naruto stuff, she stopped me and told me something that made me really think about things. 

She told me about the poster that has been hanging up in my room. The one of Naruto. How it's been hanging there for years. How I would eventually regret taking it down. How it was the creators fault... not Naruto's. I agreed on that last part, however.

Naruto was apart of my childhood.

I grew up with all of it... the anime, trying to copy Sasuke and Naruto's chidoris with my cousin.

My cousin who I grew up with watching Naruto, fell into drugs many years ago, went down a very dark road.. I made it my goal to get him back like Naruto did with Sasuke.

It worked, eventually, after many years... he came back.  Likewise... sort of, So did Sasuke.

If I discarded it completely and just didn't care anymore. that would be ripping apart a piece of me.

The anger will fade.

I'm still not completely done being angry myself... regarding the ending, I don't think I'll ever be happy about it.

But, there is one thing...

One thing will make me happy about Naruto.

Is seeing this.

20091108213218!Teamkakashi.jpg

And this

naruto_naruto0040.jpg

And also this

untitled3.gif

That wont change.

I cannot erase him completely.

5372430682a6556964596l.jpg

Edited by Fenris, 11 November 2014 - 05:33 AM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#2 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:30 AM

Fenris, I like your positive attitude :D

#3 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:34 AM

I am not done with Naruto but I am done with Kishimoto. To me the 699-700 Naruto doesn't even exist.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#4 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:56 AM

Yeah It's difficult for me to forget Naruto

#5 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:27 AM

Maybe I'll move on...maybe I won't... that's really up to my future to decide. Personally I like living in the present and right now, I feel empty inside

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#6 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:12 AM

Totally agree with you, Fenris. I could have burned and sold all my stuff, but....then I would be a hypocrite.

I love Naruto with all my heart and passion and that is why I have a problem with the ending. Naruto didn't win when he should have. He should have had all his dreams come true because he earned it more than anything else. I am tired of these people telling me "well, it doesn't always happen that way because that is real life." Why can't it happen that way? Why can't a person find love and keep it? I am sure it is exists and I have seen it exist.

No, I do not accept it/.

In the words of Mythbusters: "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Edited by James S Cassidy, 11 November 2014 - 09:07 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#7 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:33 AM

I'm done with Naruto. Not with this site. Everytime I open my PC and browser whether I'm at home , work or in the middle of the desert in Australia, I always open 3 Tabs, Facebook, Sports News and Narusaku.com , ive been doing it for 5 years, and will still be doing it for many years to come :)

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#8 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:49 AM

Naruto will always be a huge part of my life, I spent over 10 years following it and I have met many great people and made friends through Naruto and NaruSaku.  :smile:

I will always be grateful to Kishimoto for creating the world of Naruto and its characters, and for writing such a beautiful subtle relationship between Naruto and Sakura.  It still feels like NaruSaku was originally intended to be the end pairing, but for some unknown reason Kishimoto and Shonen Jump decided to change it.

The fact that they made such a terrible ending and gave no closure to Naruto and Sakura's bond hurts a lot.

But we do still have 15 years of great moments, and it has been a privilege to create Heaven & Earth and see so many people strike up friendships and bond over Naruto and NaruSaku here.  :smile:

Naruto and Sakura will always live on in my heart (just not the 699-700 ones, it didn't feel like them at all), because I dearly loved their personalities, their dynamic, and what they did for each other.

The friends I have met through NaruSaku will always stay with me.

There's no way I could just walk away from all that.

#9 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:51 AM

Naruto and Sakura will always live on in my heart (just not the 699-700 ones, it didn't feel like them at all), because I dearly loved their personalities, their dynamic, and what they did for each other.

Yep, that's right! :D

#10 Ace of Circle

Ace of Circle

I am him.I am Ace.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga,Sport,
    Training,Taijutsu
    and Reading

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

Naruto was... is my role model.I remember the complete lack of care for haters, Part 1 was my utopia.I won't walk away from Naruto.
Kishimoto can just get stuffed.Years of my life,of Naruto's life cannot disappear like that.This is the one Part of Naruto that I WILL cry about, that isn't part of a chapter/episode.Kishimoto pissed me off so badly in sooo many ways...BUT, what crossed 10,000 more lines than he did originally was the fact that he is killing this Heaven...This Heaven and Earth.So many people have left this site because of this, abandoning this haven because they lost their motivation, the common purpose that brought us all together.Stay.I'm telling you to stay.Don't let Kishi destroy this place, this forum, this fanbase, this way of life.Stay for the friendships, the common pain...STAY WITH US.

Life goes on whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown.
Or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could have been.
Ace

#11 Ace of Circle

Ace of Circle

I am him.I am Ace.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga,Sport,
    Training,Taijutsu
    and Reading

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:55 PM

I just read the "Don't blame Kishi thread" and it seems plausible so I take back what I said about Kishimoto.Read it, http://www.narusaku....owtopic=14626.I hate that it's possible to manipulated into changing your own creation, this world is messed up, and Kishi copped the blame to the point where I was super pissed at him.Now I'm pissed at the world and all the people who put business above all else, whether or not Kishi was one of them.

Life goes on whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown.
Or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could have been.
Ace

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

I can't seem to sell my stuff either, but that's cause I don't think anyone will take them. I haven't really given up On Naruto, cause the memories will stay with me. I just don't have the enthusiasm about keeping the merchandise

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 November 2014 - 01:12 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#13 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

Its always a good thing to come to terms with something that isn't right or something that happened.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#14 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

i loved part 1, and early part 2 naruto. sakura was okay, it was mean of her to play with naruto's emotions [thats what kishi made it look like] but,if it was done right NS was the truest form of unconditional friendship, and love.i think she WAS developing feelings for naruto...or was that fake after all? i don't know anymore kishi screwed it up

#15 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

i loved part 1, and early part 2 naruto. sakura was okay, it was mean of her to play with naruto's emotions [thats what kishi made it look like] but,if it was done right NS was the truest form of unconditional friendship, and love.i think she WAS developing feelings for naruto...or was that fake after all? i don't know anymore kishi screwed it up

Oh, Sakura definitely was developing feelings for Naruto.  We had some clear indications that her feelings were more than platonic, such as Yamato commenting on the strength of her feelings for Naruto.  We also had an entry in the second databook where Kishi commented that Naruto was making Sakura's heart beat faster, and Kishi himself said that Sakura's confession to Naruto was honest (she only lied about not feeling anything for Sasuke, as she was still conflicted).  And, of course, Sakura's very actions showed how much she cared about Naruto.

Don't worry, there was definitely a spark there between Naruto and Sakura.  It's just a shame that Kishimoto and Shonen Jump seem to have messed it up.  As much as I would love to believe that there's another twist coming (like Infinite Tsukuyomi), they did say that the movie was set between 699 and 700, and that 700 is the final chapter. *sighs*

We can always hope that the negative feedback from lots of Naruto fans who cared about the story is enough to make Shonen Jump reconsider and actually publish a proper ending where everyone is in character.

#16 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:38 PM

Oh, Sakura definitely was developing feelings for Naruto.  We had some clear indications that her feelings were more than platonic, such as Yamato commenting on the strength of her feelings for Naruto.  We also had an entry in the second databook where Kishi commented that Naruto was making Sakura's heart beat faster, and Kishi himself said that Sakura's confession to Naruto was honest (she only lied about not feeling anything for Sasuke, as she was still conflicted).  And, of course, Sakura's very actions showed how much she cared about Naruto.

Don't worry, there was definitely a spark there between Naruto and Sakura.  It's just a shame that Kishimoto and Shonen Jump seem to have messed it up.  As much as I would love to believe that there's another twist coming (like Infinite Tsukuyomi), they did say that the movie was set between 699 and 700, and that 700 is the final chapter. *sighs*

We can always hope that the negative feedback from lots of Naruto fans who cared about the story is enough to make Shonen Jump reconsider and actually publish a proper ending where everyone is in character.

Smiter, you are sure the man when it comes to stuff like this, dude. All of what you said is based actually on logic and fact, and it is really sad that things wound up like they did. I'd love that too,e specially since Shueisha and Kishimoto-sensei will both suffer a good bit of backlash from the negative feedback the ending got.

Of course, I'd love to see something done like what was done with Shaman King for Naruto and to take a little more time to release some new stuff that can actually make more sense than the ending we got. Anyone know if a manga has ever had that happen before? Where the ending got tweaked and altered???

#17 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

Naruto is the only manga I've read from beginning to end, when it first came out 15 years ago, to when it ended.  For that, it'll hold a special place in my heart.

I agree, I'm not selling any of my Naruto stuff.  My Naruto and Sakura chess pieces are still sitting on my bookshelf at work.  I don't think I'll ever take them down, because they represent the importance of reaching for and achieving an impossible goal together.  (I'm asked to do the impossible a lot in my line of work.)

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#18 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

I can't seem to sell my stuff either, but that's cause I don't think anyone will take them. I haven't really given up On Naruto, cause the memories will stay with me. I just don't have the enthusiasm about keeping the merchandise

I agree with these two statements as for merchandise im planning to keep the gusty ninja novel as a fanfiction idea for fanfic writers in this forum i,ll translate the book if i learn Japanese.  

Edited by rikakim94, 11 November 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#19 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:41 PM

don't worry. unless a certain author, we cannot erase Naruto.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#20 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

Maybe I'll move on...maybe I won't... that's really up to my future to decide. Personally I like living in the present and right now, I feel empty inside

I feel the same way. I almost wish I could move past Naruto, because then I could get over this weird feeling I have after reading 699 & 700. I've been with Naruto for over a decade, though, and even when I went through a phase where I really turned away from anime and manga, I still read Naruto week after week. The problem is the fact that those characters in the last two chapters look nothing like the one that I've held in my heart so long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users