• Please log in to reply
31666 replies to this topic

#19801 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:23 PM

It is not merely as bad as you make it out to be. He was jealous of Naruto's growth, but that was only once out of control, in the chuunin exams and the aftermath of what happened there. The rest, in the end for example, is a very mutual rival relationship between two boys eying eachothers new power.

He was jealous of Naruto's growth the entire time, it didn't just happen one time, it was a constant continuation. Hell, the reason he put Itachis eyes in his skull was because he was jealous of Naruto and wanted to crush him.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#19802 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:24 PM

Well Kakashi did say they were trying to kill eachother. That seems like a bad power trip to me. Naruto is also power-hungry.

Just to beat Sasuke. Weird on how that works. Friendship comes in like someone has to bring it up.

#19803 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:27 PM

Just to beat Sasuke. Weird on how that works. Friendship comes in like someone has to bring it up.

Real friends don't try to kill eachother. Naruto and Sasuke's "friendship" makes me sick.

#19804 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:29 PM

Real friends don't try to kill eachother. Naruto and Sasuke's "friendship" makes me sick.

Well at least no one ended up in a relationship with someone that tried to kill them. Oh wait... :zaru:

Edited by RedFaction, 13 May 2015 - 08:30 PM.

#19805 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Interests:I'm still alive! more active on twitter :)

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

He was jealous of Naruto's growth the entire time, it didn't just happen one time, it was a constant continuation. Hell, the reason he put Itachis eyes in his skull was because he was jealous of Naruto and wanted to crush him.

He wanted to crush Naruto so that he had no one left. I'm not saying that is cool, but your reason is misinterpreted. Him wanting to crush Naruto had more to do with his relationship with him than his relationship with power.

I think power and wanting to be the best is just part of Sasuke's personality. He was a top student in the Academy and wanted to become strong like Itachi to impress his father.

Yeah but the idea that he's the most power-hungry in the series is just plain exxageration. :headscratch:

ナルサク

#19806 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

Agreed, their "bond" is a sick joke.

He wanted to crush Naruto so that he had no one left. I'm not saying that is cool, but your reason is misinterpreted. Him wanting to crush Naruto had more to do with his relationship with him than his relationship with power.

Yeah but the idea that he's the most power-hungry in the series is just plain exxageration. :headscratch:

And yet his dialogue was always about how he was stronger than Naruto. He even yelled during the fight that he was the most powerful man in the world. He wanted to kill Naruto because Naruto threatened his idea that he was the top dog, Sasuke believed that it was his God given right to be the best and would do anything to get it. It's not an misinterpretation. Sasuke, along Madara and Orochimaru, is one of the most power hungry people in the series. It's not unreasonable to say that he is the most power hungry.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#19807 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

It is not merely as bad as you make it out to be. He was jealous of Naruto's growth, but that was only once out of control, in the chuunin exams and the aftermath of what happened there. The rest, in the end for example, is a very mutual rival relationship between two boys eying eachothers new power.

it wasn't only once, it was more than once. Even during the war you can see that he was a little jealous of Naruto's power. Also Naruto and Sasuke had different reasons for it. Naruto wanted to bring him back for Sakura-Chan and himself. Sasuke wanted to prove he was stronger. Naruto didn't want to kill Sasuke, but if it happened then it happened. Sasuke WANTED to kill Naruto. He was also willing to kill ANYONE that got in his way, that sounds power hungry to me. Sasuke didn't want anyone being stronger than him. Naruto was stronger. That's why he wanted to kill Naruto. He didn't want to be weaker than someone who was once the dead last of the academy.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 13 May 2015 - 08:44 PM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#19808 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:44 PM

Well at least no one ended up in a relationship with someone that tried to kill them. Oh wait... :zaru:

Kishimoto condones domestic violence lol.

#19809 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:51 PM

New week ranking is out and wow, AoT and OP are still in top 10. That Seraph (is that it?) is getting the anime boost effect. Tokyo Ghoul re 2 is back at top 50, thanks to Touka-chan anime making people curious. Seven Deadly Sins, Magi, and Haikyuu are doing well. Assassination Classroom is #1.

That's all for now.

#19810 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:58 PM

New week ranking is out and wow, AoT and OP are still in top 10. That Seraph (is that it?) is getting the anime boost effect. Tokyo Ghoul re 2 is back at top 50, thanks to Touka-chan anime making people curious. Seven Deadly Sins, Magi, and Haikyuu are doing well. Assassination Classroom is #1.

That's all for now.

• Assasination Classroom- It's really getting famous now...
  • AoT and OP- not surprised.
  • Tokyo Ghoul:re 2- wow, 800,000+ copies! I'd like to know what volume 1 of :re has.
  • Haikyuu!!, Seven Deadly Sins, Magi- glad to see them up there
  • Seraph of the End-... I'm watching the anime, but it's not the best thing I've ever seen.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#19811 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:04 PM

• Assasination Classroom- It's really getting famous now...
  • AoT and OP- not surprised.
  • Tokyo Ghoul:re 2- wow, 800,000+ copies! I'd like to know what volume 1 of :re has.
  • Haikyuu!!, Seven Deadly Sins, Magi- glad to see them up there
  • Seraph of the End-... I'm watching the anime, but it's not the best thing I've ever seen.
Well, AC is popular, but perhaps more than meets the eyes, at least in manga sales. I guess it's like Gintama, you wouldn't know that it's bigger than you can imagine.

As for Seraph, Japan seems to love it as their #1 pick for Spring, but you have to see it to see if it's all that good or just good.

#19812 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:07 PM

Well, AC is popular, but perhaps more than meets the eyes, at least in manga sales. I guess it's like Gintama, you wouldn't know that it's bigger than you can imagine.

As for Seraph, Japan seems to love it as their #1 pick for Spring, but you have to see it to see if it's all that good or just good.

Well, Seraph does have some nice bishonen boys, might be one of the reasons.

Gintama- I don't expect the sales to go up, even with the anime. It's hard to get into the series if you don't start from the beginning.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#19813 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:38 PM

Wow, I started a discussion with my comment, lol.

2e5.gif

#19814 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:39 PM

school days need to make a comeback. show these basic anime how it's done.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#19815 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

Pls no.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#19816 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

Well, Seraph does have some nice bishonen boys, might be one of the reasons.
Gintama- I don't expect the sales to go up, even with the anime. It's hard to get into the series if you don't start from the beginning.

I didn't mean like that. It's always popular. Just we didn't know how much. Remember, it was supposed to end but they underestimated the fans.

#19817 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

Naruto did it fine.

#19818 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:56 PM

I didn't mean like that. It's always popular. Just we didn't know how much. Remember, it was supposed to end but they underestimated the fans.

I don't if popular for Gintama is the right term... More like extremely loyal fanbase if you ask me.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#19819 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:00 PM

I don't if popular for Gintama is the right term... More like extremely loyal fanbase if you ask me.

That's more for HxH. They're pretty critical at things. Gintama has that but as well as fame. Manga sales don't always have to mean it's popular or that popular. Look at Haikyuu. It's being said that's the hot topic and really all over there according to LadyGT. Not to mention, the merchandise and ads. Gintama apparently got crap load all the sudden.

Don't let manga sales be the only way to tell you. It has to be more than that. Like OP, Haikyuu, etc.

#19820 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

That's more for HxH. They're pretty critical at things. Gintama has that but as well as fame. Manga sales don't always have to mean it's popular or that popular. Look at Haikyuu. It's being said that's the hot topic and really all over there according to LadyGT. Not to mention, the merchandise and ads. Gintama apparently got crap load all the sudden.

Don't let manga sales be the only way to tell you. It has to be more than that. Like OP, Haikyuu, etc.

Oh, I didn't know that Haikyuu! is that famous! Did LadyGT come back from her trip to Japan yet? Btw, did she say that on tumblr or on her facebook?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users