• Please log in to reply
19441 replies to this topic

#19381 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:01 PM

You know I just picked up on something now while I'm not sure how many feel on the whole love that Anakin and Padma have as I know many do hate it, but after the Last and the bs that we have with Hinata and Naruto so called love that so many think its the best thing ever to be made in turns of romance that all over love stories are kitten in the Hinata/pro enders eyes.

#19382 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:05 PM

You know I just picked up on something now while I'm not sure how many feel on the whole love that Anakin and Padma have as I know many do hate it, but after the Last and the bs that we have with Hinata and Naruto so called love that so many think its the best thing ever to be made in turns of romance that all over love stories are kitten in the Hinata/pro enders eyes.

I just find some moments pretty cheesy.

#19383 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:08 PM

I just find some moments pretty cheesy.

Yeah, it's not really the relationship itself (except for maybe early on when he was nine and she was fourteen), but really just the dialogue they had to say. It's funny how it's usually when character's aren't speaking that there seem to be great moments like that.

2e5.gif

#19384 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:18 PM

Yeah, it's not really the relationship itself (except for maybe early on when he was nine and she was fourteen), but really just the dialogue they had to say. It's funny how it's usually when character's aren't speaking that there seem to be great moments like that.

That's true.

#19385 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:25 PM

That's true.

And the lines that they were giving as well a big part was thanks to Lucas not doing a good job.

#19386 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:39 PM

I had issuse with the earlier part of the realationships you know due to the age difference, but it was a better relationship than with the canon Naruto parings. I do hope that the new story is awsome though, and we tsee the rise of Kylo Ren. As Vader is my favorite character along with Han Solo, as they were bad characters that grew and changed.

Edited by Ryriena, 15 December 2015 - 11:41 PM.

Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#19387 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:04 AM

I had issuse with the earlier part of the realationships you know due to the age difference, but it was a better relationship than with the canon Naruto parings. I do hope that the new story is awsome though, and we tsee the rise of Kylo Ren. As Vader is my favorite character along with Han Solo, as they were bad characters that grew and changed.

Yeah, dialogue aside, at least they tried to actually develop Anakin and Padme's relationship, like both of them initially resisting/hesitating due to their own duties, and other things involved like Anakin's gradual descent closer towards the Dark Side with his mother's death and Padme's political career and assassination attempts. Sure, it was definitely fast, but at least, unlike NH, they spent at least some time together. They actually talked to each other about things, had fun together while alone on Naboo, were in a life or death situation truly together (rather than one or the other simply leaping in late in the game), and so on. They don't come off as seeing the other as trophies they "deserved" to have for whatever reason.

And I wouldn't say Han was "bad", but neutral at best. Just a guy trying to get through life in the galaxy (even if through illegal means like smuggling for Jabba). Hopefully the solo (pun!) movie for him in...2018 or so, IIRC, does his life justice.

2e5.gif

#19388 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

anti Allurance

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, dialogue aside, at least they tried to actually develop Anakin and Padme's relationship, like both of them initially resisting/hesitating due to their own duties, and other things involved like Anakin's gradual descent closer towards the Dark Side with his mother's death and Padme's political career and assassination attempts. Sure, it was definitely fast, but at least, unlike NH, they spent at least some time together. They actually talked to each other about things, had fun together while alone on Naboo, were in a life or death situation truly together (rather than one or the other simply leaping in late in the game), and so on. They don't come off as seeing the other as trophies they "deserved" to have for whatever reason.

And I wouldn't say Han was "bad", but neutral at best. Just a guy trying to get through life in the galaxy (even if through illegal means like smuggling for Jabba). Hopefully the solo (pun!) movie for him in...2018 or so, IIRC, does his life justice.

I tend too agree that they don't see each other as trophies and would give their life for one another. Han and Leia Relationship was a hell of a lot better than, what the Last gave us. And in the original release Han shot greedo first, but in his defense Greedo did have a blaster pointed at him.

Edited by Ryriena, 17 December 2015 - 02:10 AM.

Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.

#19389 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:22 PM

I tend too agree that they don't see each other as trophies nor and would give their life for one another. Han and Leia Relationship was a hell of a lot better than, what the Last gave us. And in the original release Han shot greedo first in his defense Greedo did have a blaster pointed at him.

Plus Greedo was prepared to shoot Han to get him to come with him to Jabba.

Yeah, honestly, at least Anakin and Padme's relationship was properly developed, and all the stuff between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith sure showed that development which led to the tragedy that we had in Revenge when Anakin hurt Padme and she died from a broken heart, even after seeing Luke and Leia being born. :(

At least with Naruto and Sakura, we saw how they made each other feel, and now we see how hollow they are without each other due to Kishi likely putting them together not only 'cause of fan pressure and some actions by Studio Pierrot due to their Hinata favoritism, but also to make drama to keep the cycle going. I sure pray the Genjutsu theory that Kate has is true. ~_~ But I doubt it is, because Kishi is too much of a coward.

#19390 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:55 PM

That sounds a bit corny with all due respect for death by broken heart but I got a feeling that it's real, so I won't really argue about it and I apologize if it is real. What sounds metaphor can be a really symptom.

Can someone please tell me why did episode 6 change pairing? I never really understood that and really, those famous posters before 6 are awkward thanks to that...

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 16 December 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#19391 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:56 AM

Actually the whole Luke going evil was a different ending DLC for the first force unleashed if you chose to kill vader. So is Knights of the old Republic Series also non-canon too?

So it was a DLC, well I didn't have that one. As for Knights of the Old Republic from what I understood it's still canon but now it's separate. Because before everything was just smashed together and considered as one whole canon. Now you have the movies which form one group and you have Star Wars Legends which is another group separate from the movies. Both of them are canon but not linked anymore. I've read this a couple of months after Disney bought Lucas-arts. Disney didn't eliminate the expanded universe because there's a lot of money to be made from it.

Also fun fact about Knight of the Old Republic, something that most people don't know because the information has been altered a bit. LucasArts wanted a Star Wars game so they went to Bioware. Bioware agreed to make the game but wanted to make the game between episode 2 and 3. LucasArts said no because that would interfere with the movies, so Bioware created Knights of the Old republic set 4000 before the events of the movies. Bioware is responsible for creating the characters, the lore, the history, the story basically everything. Now the game was successful so LucasArts asked Bioware to make another one. They declined because they wanted to do their own stuff aka Mass Effect. So LucasArts went to another company that Bioware suggested called Obsidian Entertainment and they created Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords. Expanding on what Bioware's creation. And this is where the first problem arises because LucasArts demanded for the game to be released at a specific date, regardless if it wasn't finished or not. So Obsidian didn't have time to finish the game and released an unfinished product. If you play the PC version with the restoration mod you can get a feel for what Obsidian wanted but still it was left unfinished due to the greediness of LucasArts.

People blamed Obsidian for being horrible developers and not knowing how to create a game like Bioware, without knowing that they didn't have a chance in finishing their product due to LucasArts.

But here's the real problem that arose from this. The Old Republic was successful and because of that success LucasArts decided to step in and "expanded" on what those two companies created. And when I say "expanded" I mean re-wrote what Bioware and Obsidian did. LucasArts intervened and wrote the continuation and retcon-ed some things that those two companies did.

They re-wrote the story to fit their own narrative. And Bioware together with Obsidian couldn't do anything about it because the Star Wars license belonged to LucasArts.

Of course both companies had some sort of agreement with LucasArts, so they wouldn't make too much of a fuss about it.

You can find what I said in old articles from 2004, 2005 and 2006. If you don't believe me that is. Because later on they changed it a bit.

Thing is this is the way I see things with Naruto. The people holding the rights to it, did what they wanted with it, and the creator just like Bioware and Obsidian got screwed.

I tend too agree that they don't see each other as trophies nor and would give their life for one another. Han and Leia Relationship was a hell of a lot better than, what the Last gave us. And in the original release Han shot greedo first in his defense Greedo did have a blaster pointed at him.

I have a question. Why do people care about that scene so much? I mean it's a meaningless scene that adds nothing overall. Even the actor himself, even Harrison Ford himself said that it doesn't matter and that he doesn't care who shot first.

Edited by Nostradamus, 17 December 2015 - 02:01 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#19392 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Anime/Manga - Gaming

anti Allurance

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:08 AM

So it was a DLC, well I didn't have that one. As for Knights of the Old Republic from what I understood it's still canon but now it's separate. Because before everything was just smashed together and considered as one whole canon. Now you have the movies which form one group and you have Star Wars Legends which is another group separate from the movies. Both of them are canon but not linked anymore. I've read this a couple of months after Disney bought Lucas-arts. Disney didn't eliminate the expanded universe because there's a lot of money to be made from it.

Also fun fact about Knight of the Old Republic, something that most people don't know because the information has been altered a bit. LucasArts wanted a Star Wars game so they went to Bioware. Bioware agreed to make the game but wanted to make the game between episode 2 and 3. LucasArts said no because that would interfere with the movies, so Bioware created Knights of the Old republic set 4000 before the events of the movies. Bioware is responsible for creating the characters, the lore, the history, the story basically everything. Now the game was successful so LucasArts asked Bioware to make another one. They declined because they wanted to do their own stuff aka Mass Effect. So LucasArts went to another company that Bioware suggested called Obsidian Entertainment and they created Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords. Expanding on what Bioware's creation. And this is where the first problem arises because LucasArts demanded for the game to be released at a specific date, regardless if it wasn't finished or not. So Obsidian didn't have time to finish the game and released an unfinished product. If you play the PC version with the restoration mod you can get a feel for what Obsidian wanted but still it was left unfinished due to the greediness of LucasArts.

People blamed Obsidian for being horrible developers and not knowing how to create a game like Bioware, without knowing that they didn't have a chance in finishing their product due to LucasArts.
But here's the real problem that arose from this. The Old Republic was successful and because of that success LucasArts decided to step in and "expanded" on what those two companies created. And when I say "expanded" I mean re-wrote what Bioware and Obsidian did. LucasArts intervened and wrote the continuation and retcon-ed some things that those two companies did.
They re-wrote the story to fit their own narrative. And Bioware together with Obsidian couldn't do anything about it because the Star Wars license belonged to LucasArts.
Of course both companies had some sort of agreement with LucasArts, so they wouldn't make too much of a fuss about it.

You can find what I said in old articles from 2004, 2005 and 2006. If you don't believe me that is. Because later on they changed it a bit.

Thing is this is the way I see things with Naruto. The people holding the rights to it, did what they wanted with it, and the creator just like Bioware and Obsidian got screwed.

I have a question. Why do people care about that scene so much? I mean it's a meaningless scene that adds nothing overall. Even the actor himself, even Harrison Ford himself said that it doesn't matter and that he doesn't care who shot first.

It just was to show what type of guy Han was at that time, and the fact Lucas couldn't stand the fact that Han grew as a person. During the corse of the movies also one more day until the force awakens

#19393 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:44 AM

It just was to show what type of guy Han was at that time, and the fact Lucas couldn't stand the fact that Han grew as a person. During the corse of the movies also one more day until the force awakens

I see.

Also can't wait. Unfortunately I spoiled myself because I went to a web page and those a-holes had the first article a Star Wars spoiler. I didn't even have to read the article because the title was the spoiler. So Friday I'm going to the movie knowing something that I didn't want to know.

Edited by Nostradamus, 17 December 2015 - 04:12 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#19394 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:50 PM

Plus Greedo was prepared to shoot Han to get him to come with him to Jabba.

Yeah, honestly, at least Anakin and Padme's relationship was properly developed, and all the stuff between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith sure showed that development which led to the tragedy that we had in Revenge when Anakin hurt Padme and she died from a broken heart, even after seeing Luke and Leia being born. :(

At least with Naruto and Sakura, we saw how they made each other feel, and now we see how hollow they are without each other due to Kishi likely putting them together not only 'cause of fan pressure and some actions by Studio Pierrot due to their Hinata favoritism, but also to make drama to keep the cycle going. I sure pray the Genjutsu theory that Kate has is true. ~_~ But I doubt it is, because Kishi is too much of a coward.

Ya For all the kitten Anakin and Padame get with their love it was better loads better than that piece of kitten Last Movie did and it got worse in Bolt.

#19395 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:55 PM

That sounds a bit corny with all due respect for death by broken heart but I got a feeling that it's real, so I won't really argue about it and I apologize if it is real. What sounds metaphor can be a really symptom.

Can someone please tell me why did episode 6 change pairing? I never really understood that and really, those famous posters before 6 are awkward thanks to that...

Is there any pairing in sw?

I always see naruto as modern starwars.
Part 1 = original trilogy.
Part 2 = prequel trilogy.

Edited by rocci, 17 December 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#19396 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:12 PM

Is there any pairing in sw?

I always see naruto as modern starwars.
Part 1 = original trilogy.
Part 2 = prequel trilogy.

Han and Leia. Not familiar with the story?

#19397 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:35 PM

Han and Leia. Not familiar with the story?

Oh that one. I thought about Luke and leia.
I'm not truly a fan of sw, but I watch all the movie.
If I'm not mistaken, that pairing happen at the end of movie right?

#19398 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:46 PM

Oh that one. I thought about Luke and leia.
I'm not truly a fan of sw, but I watch all the movie.
If I'm not mistaken, that pairing happen at the end of movie right?

Yeah. So my question is why.

#19399 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:00 AM

Yeah. So my question is why.

Personally I don't have any problem with that.
I don't know if the idea to make Luke and leia bro & sis is to seperate them.
After all I never see love triangle in that movie.

Some people use the argument that NS is like bro & sis and I laugh at that. You can't use that reasoning for NS, since naruto romantically love sakura.

#19400 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:06 AM

Personally I don't have any problem with that.
I don't know if the idea to make Luke and leia bro & sis is to seperate them.
After all I never see love triangle in that movie.

Some people use the argument that NS is like bro & sis and I laugh at that. You can't use that reasoning for NS, since naruto romantically love sakura.

I don't have a problem but what gives. It's like no one will question that they are siblings and nobody go "WHAT! AWW!!!" As to say we completely drop the pairing and it's all good when we should be like "YOU INVESTED THIS PAIRING AND YOU COULDNT JUST BREAK THEM UP NORMAL BUT INSTEAD MADE IT ACCIDENTAL INCEST WITH NO QUESTION BEING ASKED!!!!"

I can't be alone on this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users