• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19964 replies to this topic

#1841 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

Well, fans outside of this one deny it for obvious reasons. It's against what they want.

Fans within this fandom are probably worried about the final outcome and what will happen and what can change between now and the end.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#1842 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

Hey there!

Havent been on these forums for quite some time now. (a few years actually, I think)
I stopped reading Naruto since the Manga was getting pretty damn boring and I kinda outgrow the whole Anime thing altogether, but still, I just listened to some old Naruto music on Youtube and kinda got nostalgic.

I remembered those sweet moments, the times I ruled for Naruto to get the girl of his dreams.

Anyway, I asked myself what has happened since the last time I read a chapter. Not much it seems.
I skimmed through the Manga Guide on LeafNinja, could be that I missed some things though. I read about some Ninja that wanted to give Sakura a love letter, and she said she has someone. Next chapter it seems as she is still thinking about Sasuke.

Anyway, what happened between Naruto and Sakura? (I don't care about the rest of the story, but would be nice to get an update about the pairing here)
What scene where you guys talking about, with the hand holding? Sakura wants to hold Narutos hand? What chapter is that?

Also, who the hell is she in love with? She confesses to Naruto (I was still reading the Manga back then), noone really knows if that was fake, did they actually talked about that again??? I mean, there was a confession here, hello? Why is she still thinking about Sasuke? ...

Edited by Gaara, 01 July 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#1843 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Jun 30 2012, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fact that she said she wants to hold his hand in her thoughts makes me think that it is NOT going to happen because it would be like the author telling us what will happen after the events of the story. He wouldn't tell us what's going to happen next unless something goes wrong, or doesn't go as plan.

True on a regular basis, but this war arc Kishi has shown that several events that have been either rushed or cram in developments out of the blue like we've seen in the Kabuto arc.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#1844 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Jun 30 2012, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey there!

Hello. I'll give your questions a shot.

Anyway, what happened between Naruto and Sakura?

Bottom line is, their couplehood has been on hold since the confession. We don't have any more data than you do. Just loads of speculation. wink.gif

What scene where you guys talking about, with the hand holding? Sakura wants to hold Narutos hand? What chapter is that?

No, it's Hinata who vows to hold his hand. *eyeroll* It's chapter 573.

Also, who the hell is she in love with? She confesses to Naruto (I was still reading the Manga back then), noone really knows if that was fake, did they actually talked about that again??? I mean, there was a confession here, hello?

Excellent questions. Excellent. And we wish we knew the answers. Opinions vary. My personal opinion is Sakura meant the confession, that she loves Naruto and is consciously choosing him, but she's still confused about Sasuke on some residual level. It's the last little bit of the past that's hanging her up.

Why is she still thinking about Sasuke? ...

Again, opinions vary. I think it's simply that Kishimoto is holding off the Naruto/Sakura payoff for the end or near it. Sakura's realization that she loves Naruto in every way will be revealed but not until the resolution between Naruto and Sasuke has occurred or is in progress.

Is Kishimoto a genius or a masochistic troll of his own story? Opinions vary. wink.gif

Edited by KnS, 01 July 2012 - 01:01 AM.

#1845 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

Wow, so, you're seriously telling me that after about 2 or 3 years of Manga progress nothing happened. Guess, I knew I wouldnt miss anything when I actually stop reading.

Anyway, thanks a lot for answering. One last question that kind of interests me since it has impact on the pairings: What's going on with Sasuke? Still bad? Still alive?

#1846 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Jun 30 2012, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, so, you're seriously telling me that after about 2 or 3 years of Manga progress nothing happened. Guess, I knew I wouldnt miss anything when I actually stop reading.

Anyway, thanks a lot for answering. One last question that kind of interests me since it has impact on the pairings: What's going on with Sasuke? Still bad? Still alive?

Sasuke is still bad and still alive.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#1847 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Jun 30 2012, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, loads of stuff has happened, but the relationship between Naruto and Sakura is not resolved, if that's what you mean. To readers' direct knowledge, Naruto and Sakura have not spoken to each other specifically about her confession since it happened.

Anyway, thanks a lot for answering.

How could I refuse the Kazekage? wink.gif

One last question that kind of interests me since it has impact on the pairings: What's going on with Sasuke? Still bad? Still alive?

He's still alive. His current state of mind was the subject of a cliffhanger of sorts in the last chapter (591) so we don't know what he's going to do next. My assumption, at the moment, is that he's still mad as a hatter and likely to continue on the road to damnation destruction.

#1848 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Jun 30 2012, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ehh...I wouldn't really say it hasn't been completely down because we did get a little hint here and there. They were small but big enough to be noticed. Chapter 573 was the last time we had any interctment with Sakura or the other shinobi...as far as I know anyway. I haven't been too caught up myself.

#1849 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:58 AM

Sasuke is still his loveable old hate filled revenge bound self. Even after hearing from Itachi's reanimated corpse that he should turn good, Sasuke still wants to destroy the leaf. Oh also Sasuke has Itachi's eyes now. And this is my own opinion but if you were reading for the romance alone I highly suggest you look into other mangas, Naruto is not by any means a romance. Hell I don't think there has even been 1 kiss in the entire manga. I don't know of any romance mangas but I'm sure somebody here could suggest a good one.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#1850 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (Konoha'sCrimsonFox @ Jun 30 2012, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True on a regular basis, but this war arc Kishi has shown that several events that have been either rushed or cram in developments out of the blue like we've seen in the Kabuto arc.

That would actually explain Naruto and Hinata's conversation about looking into each other's eyes. I always felt that came nowhere (when did Naruto start seeing her like this?), but it does give Hinata's character some closure. Her confession was brought up again (in a positive, but not really romantic, light) and she was called being strong by the guy she likes. This leads for her to finally have confidence in herself, and decide to make that proclamation that she going to hold his hand after the war. If the war arc is suppose to give most of the characters some sort of closure in the end (like Gaara's finding out his mother loved him and the whole Tsunde(?) and Dan conversation, and etc, etc), why wouldn't this be Hinata's closure? In fact, Sakura is one of the few characters who hasn't gotten resolution yet in this arc, and we yet have an actual real conversation between her and Naruto for about over 100 chapters, which if memories serves right was just after the whole confession thing. Coincidence..........maybe.

#1851 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Jun 30 2012, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would actually explain Naruto and Hinata's conversation about looking into each other's eyes. I always felt that came nowhere (when did Naruto start seeing her like this?), but it does give Hinata's character some closure. Her confession was brought up again (in a positive, but not really romantic, light) and she was called being strong by the guy she likes. This leads for her to finally have confidence in herself, and decide to make that proclamation that she going to hold his hand after the war. If the war arc is suppose to give most of the characters some sort of closure in the end (like Gaara's finding out his mother loved him and the whole Tsunde(?) and Dan conversation, and etc, etc), why wouldn't this be Hinata's closure? In fact, Sakura is one of the few characters who hasn't gotten resolution yet in this arc, and we yet have an actual real conversation between her and Naruto for about over 100 chapters, which if memories serves right was just after the whole confession thing. Coincidence..........maybe.

Sakura needs a closure with both guys. But first, she needs a part closure from Naruto about Naruto's last words to Sasuke, "When we fight, we will die together." She asked herself what did he mean by that. Surely, we going to get one huge talk between Naruto and Sakura before the climax, Naruto vs. Sasuke. Naruto seems just fine with her, but Sakura seems unsure, so she wants to work together even if he says no.

#1852 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Jun 30 2012, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would actually explain Naruto and Hinata's conversation about looking into each other's eyes. I always felt that came nowhere (when did Naruto start seeing her like this?), but it does give Hinata's character some closure. Her confession was brought up again (in a positive, but not really romantic, light) and she was called being strong by the guy she likes. This leads for her to finally have confidence in herself, and decide to make that proclamation that she going to hold his hand after the war. If the war arc is suppose to give most of the characters some sort of closure in the end (like Gaara's finding out his mother loved him and the whole Tsunde(?) and Dan conversation, and etc, etc), why wouldn't this be Hinata's closure?

Wow - I actually hadn't thought about it like that - that makes a lot of sense. This sudden focus on Hinata's feelings when it was sidelined for so long fits in perfectly with all the other little things Kishi is suddenly bringing up and closing off.

Great insight!
In fact, Sakura is one of the few characters who hasn't gotten resolution yet in this arc, and we yet have an actual real conversation between her and Naruto for about over 100 chapters, which if memories serves right was just after the whole confession thing. Coincidence..........maybe.

I'm assuming that Kishi is saving the closure of main characters' issues for last (for obvious reasons). I think most NaruSaku fans are waiting for them to have a conversation about their feelings, with nothing held back on either side for any reason. Unfortunately, this most likely isn't going to occur until after the fight with Sasuke, but hopefully there will be some set up for it before that fight.

Edited by Paptala, 01 July 2012 - 02:36 AM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#1853 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

I remember when Narusaku almost happened... if it weren't for that damn poison!

@ns4life
I may be getting too poetic here but what I think he means is that they will both be reborn as new shinobi, leaving there past selves behind.

Edited by Branden, 01 July 2012 - 02:40 AM.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#1854 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jun 30 2012, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm assuming that Kishi is saving the closure of main characters' issues for last (for obvious reasons). I think most NaruSaku fans are waiting for them to have a conversation about their feelings, with nothing held back on either side for any reason. Unfortunately, this most likely isn't going to occur until after the fight with Sasuke, but hopefully there will be some set up for it before that fight.

If you noticed yet, Naruto has already passed the old generation, especially Jiraya.

Save his student = check
Save his teacher = check
Save his best friend = work in progress
Get the girl = work in progress

Team 7 is the vocal point of the manga. Naruto already surpassed Kakashi and made him proud. Now, it's time for the last two, which takes the longest. Honestly, the romance part is usually covered before the final battle or the last segment before the epilogue. Romance, depending on the manga, is usually kept last because readers are so invested in the manga with its story, action, etc. Romance is like the final part for readers, now they got the whole problems away. If you ask me, I felt that Kishi did the "I won't confess until the whole problem is over" on purpose, because it automatically setup to be the last part of the manga. Besides, Naruto's words are always written in stone. Nothing will stop him. NOTHING.

@Branden
That could be, but Sakura may not know that. Look at the chapter again. She kept getting surprised that Naruto's plan is exposing to be a "suicide" fight. He said, "Only me will fight Sasuke and no one else". Then, she flashback that part and asked "What are you..." as in saying "What is your goal?"

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 01 July 2012 - 02:47 AM.

#1855 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Jun 30 2012, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you noticed yet, Naruto has already passed the old generation, especially Jiraya.

Save his student = check
Save his teacher = check
Save his best friend = work in progress
Get the girl = work in progress

Team 7 is the vocal point of the manga. Naruto already surpassed Kakashi and made him proud. Now, it's time for the last two, which takes the longest. Honestly, the romance part is usually covered before the final battle or the last segment before the epilogue. Romance, depending on the manga, is usually kept last because readers are so invested in the manga with its story, action, etc. Romance is like the final part for readers, now they got the whole problems away. If you ask me, I felt that Kishi did the "I won't confess until the whole problem is over" on purpose, because it automatically setup to be the last part of the manga. Besides, Naruto's words are always written in stone. Nothing will stop him. NOTHING.

@Branden
That could be, but Sakura may not know that. Look at the chapter again. She kept getting surprised that Naruto's plan is exposing to be a "suicide" fight. He said, "Only me will fight Sasuke and no one else". Then, she flashback that part and asked "What are you..." as in saying "What is your goal?"

Gratz on your 100th post, you are now an official genin, here take this Konoha headband...

Yeah, I have no doubt Sakura was confused by what Naruto said, but I still think what I said in my previous post.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#1856 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Branden @ Jun 30 2012, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gratz on your 100th post, you are now an official genin, here take this Konoha headband...

Yeah, I have no doubt Sakura was confused by what Naruto said, but I still think what I said in my previous post.

Hey, thanks a lot. I didn't notice it. tongue.gif

But, that's okay. I respect you. I must admit, even though they're not from the manga, I do like how they reinforce Naruto's feeling about Sakura AFTER her confession. He said, "I love her and one day, when the time is right, I will confess my love." They came from the anime and a game (I believe it was 3DS one). It seems anime guys know that Naruto is never going to give up. I doubt they ruin Kishi's plans with that one cause it seems logical.

#1857 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Jun 30 2012, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But, that's okay. I respect you. I must admit, even though they're not from the manga, I do like how they reinforce Naruto's feeling about Sakura AFTER her confession. He said, "I love her and one day, when the time is right, I will confess my love." They came from the anime and a game (I believe it was 3DS one). It seems anime guys know that Naruto is never going to give up. I doubt they ruin Kishi's plans with that one cause it seems logical.

I think Naruto never giving up is fact. I believe his ninja way is "Never give up and never go back on my word."

That said, does anyone have a list of all the promises he has ever made?

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#1858 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Jun 30 2012, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know what game that line came from, and I don't THINK he said that in the anime (though I did skipped most of the filler). In one of the fillers, episode 235, he did said he loves Sakura and how, even though he believes his love is one-sided, will try to win her over. But he wouldn't mine if she chooses Sasuke over him, because all he cares is that she is happy. Later, one of the filler characters ask him if he's going to confess to her when he gets back home and he says he isn't ready for that.

It seems that they are building up Naruto's confession and I wonder why?

#1859 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Jun 30 2012, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know what game that line came from, and I don't THINK he said that in the anime (though I did skipped most of the filler). In one of the fillers, episode 235, he did said he loves Sakura and how, even though he believes his love is one-sided, will try to win her over. But he wouldn't mine if she chooses Sasuke over him, because all he cares is that she is happy. Later, one of the filler characters ask him if he's going to confess to her when he gets back home and he says he isn't ready for that.

It seems that they are building up Naruto's confession and I wonder why?

Well my version was in a nutshell. He isn't ready because of the problem he needs to take care of. Remember, he don't want to confess if he couldn't keep a promise to her, which he felt that he failed her.

About the game, it was when Naruto confronts Mizukage because well, you know how she is. So, Naruto explained that he loves Sakura and even though she loves someone else, he will express his love to her when the time is right. Funny part was when Mizukage got upset because well, let's just say she took it to extreme (if you know how she convert words to different ones).

#1860 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Jun 30 2012, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well my version was in a nutshell. He isn't ready because of the problem he needs to take care of. Remember, he don't want to confess if he couldn't keep a promise to her, which he felt that he failed her.

About the game, it was when Naruto confronts Mizukage because well, you know how she is. So, Naruto explained that he loves Sakura and even though she loves someone else, he will express his love to her when the time is right. Funny part was when Mizukage got upset because well, let's just say she took it to extreme (if you know how she convert words to different ones).

Do you know the name of that game, is one of the more recent ones?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users