• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#161 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:32 AM

I just don't understand.

#162 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:42 AM

Its kinda like having to decode some sort of secret missive...I get the gist of what he's saying and I don't like it :zaru:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#163 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:55 AM

Too much work. I bet it's on purpose (I forgot how to spell purpose for a while)

#164 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:08 AM

Clearly its
http://idontseathepo...136029_orig.jpg

On porpoise :zaru:

I'm punny.

#165 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:10 AM

HA! Punny! Very punny!

#166 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:20 AM

http://pngimg.com/up...ank_PNG1320.png

:hehehe:
Tank you

I'll be back tomorrow for more fun times, but for now my head must meet the bed

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 02 March 2016 - 05:22 AM.

#167 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:22 AM

http://pngimg.com/up...PNG1320.pngTank you
:hehehe:
I'll be back tomorrow for more fun times, but for now my head must meet the bed

Night. FINALLY :P

#168 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:23 AM

ROOD it's like you want me gone :c

#169 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:28 AM

ROOD it's like you want me gone :c

Know I'm knot. Just making sure you go to sleep

#170 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:44 AM

Maybe the change of look now is to appeal to the archetype of beauty over the East, but I for one don't think it has anything to do with how it play in the end. Unconditional love is see well in Japan (like why Sasuke is still important for team 7) So we've got Sakura loving Sasuke. Naruto Loving Sakura and on the sideline, Hinata love Naruto.

I understand that somewhere along the way, you have to make a choice since when you look at those, they can't all happen. Where I'm not agreeing is when we read this story, we can clearly see that the author ain't the most subtle dude in the world. (4th being Naruto father was seen a miles away). He literally throw the same team dynamic over and over. ( Sannin and Kakashi's Team where those where easily parallel to the team of main character) . The worst is how he wrote Kushina ( which is basically and confirmed a parallel to Sakura in the manga). The way the story was written and the way he establish the goal of Naruto in his first 3 chapter, you know in which direction the story is suppose to go, especially when the motto of your hero is to never give up. He's not suppose to give in on his dream. Beat the rival, win over the girl and being recognize by your village as Hokage. The boy was alone all his childhood and those bonds he form with his teammate are  what matter the most to him. It's a pretty straightforward story.

So when you have to choose from an objective standpoint which pairing route you should take, you should go with the one that take care of the main character goal and interest which is, last time I checked, FREAKING NARUTO. He's the guy that not suppose to give up. He's suppose to be the only one that matter. Winning over Sasuke in their last fight and winning over Sakura's heart is suppose to be a must. If one of those isn't happening, then you needed a really good explanation.

Instead, we've got this. Everything pop in and no build up is done. Hell, even within the war he parallel Karin and Sakura saving respectively Sasuke and Naruto ( Everyone agree about how Karin feel for Sasuke so putting Sakura there in parallel is no coincidence). If he thinks Sasuke should ended up with Sakura, you don't make him act like a kitten toward her during the whole fight with Kaguya, which is way too close of the end of the story show it was a last minute change)

Though Japanese culture is different from ours, I can't say it's cultural. Maybe afterward, when they tried to milk the franchise, yeah, maybe they change her look to fit that perfect beauty standard, anything to make it work but the pairing  decision when it was made was last minute call. That wasn't planned or the guy just don't know how to write( which I find hard to believe, even after the ending we've got.) I can't believe that asspull of an ending like that was planned from the start. Developing in one direction and do a 180 degree is irrational.

The ending panel in 700 with Naruto could parallel even Kishi in that picture. He's a Hokage who is not totally in charge and has to listen to "other leader" (Editor,Pierrot, fanbase). Though he achieve success, I mean by becoming Hokage ( or make a manga that become huge), he didn't feel like he expected it to  and it took all his time away from his family and friend. The ramen cup, the sake etc. In the end, though he's achieve everything he's wanted, he's not happy because he didn't even stay true to himself.  That's the sad reality, he gave in. 

Edited by archangel, 02 March 2016 - 10:45 AM.

#171 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:55 AM

@ TouKen

I thinks this is our false (shipping community), so general fans felt annoying.  Looks how after ending, Naruto forum cleaned from shipping post because they already tired with shipping.  Too bad if in past fanatic follow this forum rule, 

When posting, please keep these rules in mind:

• Be nice and treat others with respect.
  • NO BASHING of any characters, pairings, fans, or fandoms.

, when talk about NS in net and avoid injected agenda (feminism and equality).  Maybe general fans, won't so annoyed like now.

@ archangel

Whatever end ship, general fans don't care.  They just want their fun back, even canon shipper admit it but we just minority.  Majority already tired with our constant rant.

Edited by db84x, 02 March 2016 - 11:03 AM.

#172 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:58 AM

@ Nar123 & Bail
Blackbird already answer it, btw thank for Kishi intervention now fandom became fun again since fandom as whole already tired with shipping topic dominate airwaves.

You'rr completely out of touch aren't you? The fandom is still as toxic as you can get

And honestly when you will stop moving the goalpost? Already found evidence for your silly theory?

@ Touken & Blackbird
It well known that shipping made forum not fun anymore, while kid and preteen this day is fun seeker.

This is a generalization, plus an intended target audience doesn't says automatically how a shonen should behave, look at Death Note and look at AOT, both are shonen and tackle deep themes at certain times

Naruto too, tried to tell a mature story but failed

Edited by Nar123, 02 March 2016 - 10:59 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#173 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:05 AM

Well, since you put it that way, why argue. A pairing is won. Yes, there are two, but really, this one needs to win for other to win. But we were referring to before the ending days. It was all NH. So in short, the smug face remains forever. Granted, it would have applied to NS as well have it they won, but truth be told in my experience at NF at least, it was the underdog out of the three.

#174 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:12 AM

It's funny how db keeps going back and forth bewteen the Naruto fans that are left are kids and shipping fans to shipping fans are the minority now. Which is it? Can't have it both ways.

#175 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:43 AM

@ Nar123

But Naruto outsold them, that what matter for shuheisa

@ TouKen

General fandom now hate pairing topic, you know what happen when topic which contain pairing sprout right.

@ BlackBird

I never said about minority or majority,  majority is kid and preteen while minority is shipper.  

#176 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:10 PM

Of course they do. I don't blame them for that. It was always the toxic piece of the story. Well, the most toxic I mean.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 02 March 2016 - 12:11 PM.

#177 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,558 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:04 PM

Which is why most neutral fans left last year.

#178 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:13 PM

It's funny how db keeps going back and forth bewteen the Naruto fans that are left are kids and shipping fans to shipping fans are the minority now. Which is it? Can't have it both ways.

It's funny that according to DB everything that happened in Naruto at the end was the fault of NS because we are too mature and smart for the rest of the Fandom :zaru:

@ TouKen
I thinks this is our false (shipping community), so general fans felt annoying.  Looks how after ending, Naruto forum cleaned from shipping post because they already tired with shipping.  Too bad if in past fanatic follow this forum rule, 

When posting, please keep these rules in mind:[/size]

• Be nice and treat others with respect.
  • NO BASHING of any characters, pairings, fans, or fandoms.

, when talk about NS in net and avoid injected agenda (feminism and equality).  Maybe general fans, won't so annoyed like now.

@ archangel
Whatever end ship, general fans don't care.  They just want their fun back, even canon shipper admit it but we just minority.  Majority already tired with our constant rant.

Again you are baseless stereotyping NS fans as being rude, impolite and bashing characters.

You do realize that's rude, impolite and borderline bashing the entire community of NS fans, right?

But of course you will continue to dance around this fact while I continue calling you out on it :zaru:

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 02 March 2016 - 01:14 PM.

#179 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:31 PM

@db

You did say on multiple occasions that the remaining fan base are mostly shippers or neutral fans who shifted to NH/SS. Then you said the majority of the fans were kids. My memory works pretty well.

Also Death Note only had 12 volumes and stil sold about 3 million copies per, which was Naruto's rate. Plus it's still very relevant long after it ended. AoT only has 17 volumes and has already sold around 53 million copies. The reason you probably don't understand it's success is because it's published by Kodansha not SJ.

#180 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:35 PM

It's only good at manga and used to be at anime for a while. Now, it's just good in manga yet at times, it feels like it's not hardcore enough to consider it. Polls, fans recommendations, it feels like Naruto as popular it is, it rarely appears in them. I guess it does help to do movies for more exposure. Still, it takes a long time to get something out of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users