Close
Photo

Naruto Gaiden-Chapter 700.4

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

#161 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:34 PM

Pathetic that Sasuke didn't even recognize his own daughter. I don't know how much more balls SS can suck, so so so so so so so so so so so so so SO GLAD I don't ship this crap!

It is for sure, and it shows he didn't even KNOW he had a daughter!!

#162 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:36 PM

Well you thought wrong. Whatever you read before forget it, it doesn't matter anymore. It's not canon dude, what happens now is canon.

Unfortunately this is the truth now. Whatever was written before doesn't matter anymore.

Pretty much, just toss 15 years of story, explanation, and development out the window and replace it with Kishi Logic :zaru:

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#163 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:50 PM

Lol, SS fans scream "victory" on tumblr because Naruto did not say "Sakura-chan". 

I don't think Its a big deal after he just "forgot" to draw Byakugan (or whatever) on the NH breed .... xD

Manga Stream has him using the word Sakura-chan.

But yeah another bad chapter. What a surprise.

#164 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:35 AM

I'm sorry. How does Sharingan works again? I thought it was done by hatred?

It's done by strong emotion. Remember Sasuke unlocked his sharingan, for the second time, because he was afraid to die fighting against Haku or something. i mean I remember someone launching into a long explanation that the Uchiha bloodline/strength is largely based on their emotions. Although they are at risk of being consumed by hatred, no one ever said that specifically hatred drives them. I think.

Also, anyone else laugh at the missed NH moment? I mean the all-so-special bento in the end was another tool for a Team 7 flashback. I am no longer pro Team 7, but the lack of NH was tooooooo hilarious to me. First he apologized to Bolt. And now he won't even acknowledge who made the bento lmao.

Edited by Laylo, 22 May 2015 - 12:37 AM.

#165 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:51 AM

I'm sorry. How does Sharingan works again? I thought it was done by hatred?

It's done by magicks!

Pretty much, just toss 15 years of story, explanation, and development out the window and replace it with Kishi Logic :zaru:

Yes, certainly. I've never been a part of a franchise that has so readily thrown past development out the window in favor of expediency. I realize DC and Marvel retcon and reboot all the time, but I feel like that's just part of how they operate. I've never seen a consistent story like Naruto so quickly retconned to fit and excuse bad plot points.

#166 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:02 AM

@laylo
Yes, emotion is what activate sharingan. Be it hate or love. They're emo clan after all.
Sharingan is sasuke super saiyan. Just Kyubi is naruto super saiyan. Both get influence from emotion.

Nh or in this case Hinata is irrelevant to the story.

@narutofan
Dc and marvel will reboot and retcon again and again because they will not create a new series and stick to their popular character unlike Japanese manga who use same formula with different character anda little bit tweak.

#167 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:04 AM

It's done by strong emotion. Remember Sasuke unlocked his sharingan, for the second time, because he was afraid to die fighting against Haku or something. i mean I remember someone launching into a long explanation that the Uchiha bloodline/strength is largely based on their emotions. Although they are at risk of being consumed by hatred, no one ever said that specifically hatred drives them. I think.

Also, anyone else laugh at the missed NH moment? I mean the all-so-special bento in the end was another tool for a Team 7 flashback. I am no longer pro Team 7, but the lack of NH was tooooooo hilarious to me. First he apologized to Bolt. And now he won't even acknowledge who made the bento lmao.

Yeah i was gonna point that out to naruto dosen't even think about hinata when she was the one that prepared the meal for him.

Edited by rikakim94, 22 May 2015 - 01:07 AM.

#168 Ginzy

Ginzy

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:52 AM

It really makes me wonder why if Naruto can remember that Sasuke never wore glasses, Sakura can't. She used to be obsessed about him; she doesn't remember their academy days together? It's only for the purposes of drama that Sakura couldn't answer that--because Sarada had to have pressed the argument in order to find the picture. From Sakura's character P.O.V it makes no sense she couldn't answer that question. It's really suspicious not on marital grounds, but on memory. What, he had bad eye-sight as a kid that went away when he activated his sharingan or something? Usually eye-sight gets worse with age, not better. She's one of the best MEDICS she ought to know?

Then there's Sarada. I can see how she resembles her mother in behaviour--her mother that raised her. Biological mother or not, Sakura was there for Sarada all her life. Sarada may have picked up her mother's habits. Disturbingly, Sasuke has the tendency to raise a sword at the women closest to him in life. He's stabbed Karin, tried to stab Sakura twice, thrice? Sarada, who looks like Karin acts like Sakura, his daughter, being threatened by the same weapon that endangered her mother(s). I don't think he will, of course, and I'm sure the matter will resolve itself next chapter, but it's so annoying that Sasuke once again is the source of conflict. 

On Naruto--he's weird talking about their old lives like that, especially since we know he's leaving out crucial information in Sasuke's character assessment. It's also weird that Naruto momentarily forgets that Sarada would know nothing about her father because 'oh he's been away since forever'. To forget a detail like that is indicative that he doesn't connect with Sakura and her little family. They must not talk about her issues because how do you forget that your best friend is dealing with an absent father situation?

Naruto isn't very much of a good friend to his precious team 7 comrades. He's made his own life now and is busy being hokage dealing with who knows what. I think when this whole big war was over, I was hoping to see the older generation interacting; being friends, being happy. We've gotten the opposite.

I noticed that too. Its like Naruto is avoiding the HUGE elephant in the room. WTH is wrong with him?

Edited by Ginzy, 22 May 2015 - 02:50 AM.

#169 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:09 AM

Well you thought wrong. Whatever you read before forget it, it doesn't matter anymore. It's not canon dude, what happens now is canon.

Unfortunately this is the truth now. Whatever was written before doesn't matter anymore.

"What is canon? Well, Canon is whatever Kishimoto says is canon at the time of writing. And it will all be changed in the never chapter so stay awake."

I noticed that too. Its like Naruto is avoiding the HUGE elephant in the room. WTH is wrong with him?

At this point, I am asking "What is right with him?"

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#170 goldenarms

goldenarms

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:31 AM

Pathetic that Sasuke didn't even recognize his own daughter. I don't know how much more balls SS can suck, so so so so so so so so so so so so so SO GLAD I don't ship this crap!

Considering Sarada was like two hands small at last check, I would be amazed if he did recognize her off the bat. Also, you have to look at it from Sasuke's side: freshly attacked by an Uchiha looking to kill him, and now this chickadee just so happens to pop up in the same place as him in the middle of fumbuck Egypt, his first reaction is not going to be, "Hey, is that girl possibly my daughter?" because that would be stupid when his life is at risk by unknown Uchiha characters after his blood. He's right for assuming her to be another enemy, not the baby girl he left in Konoha with her mother who should still be there.

Yes, she does call him papa, but it's pretty clear he wasn't listening to her when he drew his sword, and his word bubble purposely overlaps hers, a technique to visually paint when someone is overtalking the other speaker.

Edited by goldenarms, 22 May 2015 - 03:34 AM.

#171 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:34 AM

@goldenarm
Sasuke is smart enough to figure out that girl is her daughter.
It just kishi tactic to make "exciting" cliffhanger.

#172 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:52 AM

Considering Sarada was like two hands small at last check, I would be amazed if he did recognize her off the bat. Also, you have to look at it from Sasuke's side: freshly attacked by an Uchiha looking to kill him, and now this chickadee just so happens to pop up in the same place as him in the middle of fumbuck Egypt, his first reaction is not going to be, "Hey, is that girl possibly my daughter?" because that would be stupid when his life is at risk by unknown Uchiha characters after his blood. He's right for assuming her to be another enemy, not the baby girl he left in Konoha with her mother who should still be there.

Yes, she does call him papa, but it's pretty clear he wasn't listening to her when he drew his sword, and his word bubble purposely overlaps hers, a technique to visually paint when someone is overtalking the other speaker.

Yeah, but what about her chakra? She is just a kid. Before his previous fight he sensed someone following him, right? So he should know that she's not a threat at all. He has no excuse to be like that with a kid, even if it wasn't his. 

Edited by Yojeveka, 22 May 2015 - 03:52 AM.

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#173 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:01 AM

Someone at tumbrl already make theory that is no sasuke, that is shin or someone else disguise as sasuke. And sasuke is gonna come and rescue sarada [Lol talk about prince coming to save princess].

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#174 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:02 AM

Well it's time for the usual Live Stream Discussion for the in depth discussion of this chapter, it's also going to be somewhat different this time Breezy's Entertainment won't be going so it's just going to be Me and J tonight:

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#175 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:10 AM

You know, Kishimoto has been changing the rules of the Sharingan even before this.

I remember when he said you had to kill your best friend to gain the Mangekyo Sharingan. That is what Itachi said. Then he changed it to more general to that of you have to kill someone who is close to you whether it be friend or family. Someone you love. Then he changed it to that you just have to witness someone dying or lose someone to unlock the Mangekyo Sharingan.

Are you really surprised that he changed the requirements now too?
Tobirama described that Uchiha get their power cause they love so much that if they lost what they loved more than anything, they gain immense power. Now, it seems like you can gain it from being "too happy" now or gaining something instead of losing it.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#176 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:16 AM

I'm sorry, but this all is just sloppy story telling in order to create "dramatic" endings between chapters.

Sasuke having abandoned his family a decade ago is bad enough. The fact that he has no idea what his own daughter looks like is even worst. Especially considering that his entire supposed character drive has constantly been about how important his precious clan is to him. Yet when it comes to the only other true Uchiha who is still alive, he hasn't even bothered to ask for a photograph.

Second he is nothing less then damn God power wise right now. Not only should no one be able to come up to him without him knowing it, but he should hardly feel threatened to the point where he would have to make an offensive move like drawing a sword, especially against someone with the power of a student. Hell Sasuke himself was the best in his class, but he was no match for Kakashi, and Kakashi's power level then is nothing compared to Sasuke's now. Unless of course unless violence is still the thing Sasuke lives for... which it seems to be since it obviously isn't close family bonding like so many SS fans claimed it would have been for over a decade. Since as has been shown the man hasn't bothered to even be a part of his child's life.

His entire "wandering the world" penances is nothing more then another selfish act that hurts the ones who are close to him, and who are suppose to rely on him as a person. His supposed wife is passed out alone, and his supposed kid's life was saved by the man who saved his own life.

And why? Who knows story wise, but I can guess the end result. It's because Burrito is suppose to be trained by Sasuke, so Salad is likely going to be trained by Naruto now.

But whatever. Beyond watching the outrage this story causes it doesn't have much of a saving grace. To each their own though I guess.

#177 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:17 AM

You know, Kishimoto has been changing the rules of the Sharingan even before this.

I remember when he said you had to kill your best friend to gain the Mangekyo Sharingan. That is what Itachi said. Then he changed it to more general to that of you have to kill someone who is close to you whether it be friend or family. Someone you love. Then he changed it to that you just have to witness someone dying or lose someone to unlock the Mangekyo Sharingan.

Are you really surprised that he changed the requirements now too?
Tobirama described that Uchiha get their power cause they love so much that if they lost what they loved more than anything, they gain immense power. Now, it seems like you can gain it from being "too happy" now or gaining something instead of losing it.

I'm honestly not all that surprised either, It's one of the few thing many people consider Kishi logic. 

At this point Kishi could pull whatever the hell pleases him the most and fans will just buy it. 

I may think it's interesting so far, but the ending I already know will be something similar to the original series since it's Kishi. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#178 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:37 AM

chapter was alright though how the tumblr_mde29kLwAQ1rvl3nyo1_500.gifis Sarada like Sakura? She's not a Tsundere, she has no healing powers, she has black hair, and she wears glasses. :wot:  

How are Sarada and Sakura alike at all??? Same+here+quot+science+will+fail+quot+_f

And man it rmsukUa.gif to be a SS fan. Of course Sasuke would draw his blade on his own daughter,

In the end nothing has truly changed. Sasuke is the only confirmed parent, the women are around to be saved and coddled, and Naruto still thinks about Sakura and team 7. EVEN THOUGH THE ONE WHO GAVE HIM THE BENTO BOX WAS HINATA. HE STILL DOESN'T EVEN GIVE HER THE TIME OF DAY. :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#179 Shashank95

Shashank95

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, writing and reading. Love playing sports, especially Basketball, futbol and Table Tennis.

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:38 AM

I'm sorry, but this all is just sloppy story telling in order to create "dramatic" endings between chapters.

Sasuke having abandoned his family a decade ago is bad enough. The fact that he has no idea what his own daughter looks like is even worst. Especially considering that his entire supposed character drive has constantly been about how important his precious clan is to him. Yet when it comes to the only other true Uchiha who is still alive, he hasn't even bothered to ask for a photograph.

Second he is nothing less then damn God power wise right now. Not only should no one be able to come up to him without him knowing it, but he should hardly feel threatened to the point where he would have to make an offensive move like drawing a sword, especially against someone with the power of a student. Hell Sasuke himself was the best in his class, but he was no match for Kakashi, and Kakashi's power level then is nothing compared to Sasuke's now. Unless of course unless violence is still the thing Sasuke lives for... which it seems to be since it obviously isn't close family bonding like so many SS fans claimed it would have been for over a decade. Since as has been shown the man hasn't bothered to even be a part of his child's life.

His entire "wandering the world" penances is nothing more then another selfish act that hurts the ones who are close to him, and who are suppose to rely on him as a person. His supposed wife is passed out alone, and his supposed kid's life was saved by the man who saved his own life.

And why? Who knows story wise, but I can guess the end result. It's because Burrito is suppose to be trained by Sasuke, so Salad is likely going to be trained by Naruto now.

But whatever. Beyond watching the outrage this story causes it doesn't have much of a saving grace. To each their own though I guess.

How about that we all put aside this banter and just agree that Sasuke is an A S S H O L E and a S H I T T Y  dad. He doesn't deserve a child like Sarada.

tumblr_inline_okp5x4EZXE1u7313d_540.png

#180 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:39 AM

I don't think sakura is a tsundere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users