Close
Photo

Whats your OTP now that NS was given the pipe?

• Please log in to reply
1517 replies to this topic

#161 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:20 PM

Forgot Death Parade :argh:  :argh:

Decim and Chiyuki is one of my all time Otp you need to watch death parade it's amazing

tumblr_nm9qyjEFJU1tcswkoo1_500.gif

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#162 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

NaLu doesn't just have the most potential, it has the only potential. Idk where you are in the story, but literally, the pairings jump off the screen at you. The ones that you see are the ones you're gonna get.

I'm basically just starting, but I've read some discussions about it. I understand that they're pretty close and all, but that there's not that much romantic interaction, that it could also be understood in a friendly way. And there's that chick from Natsu's past...

Oh well, NaruSaku also jumped off the screen at me and look what happened with that. Can't blame me for being cautious.  :yes:

#163 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

I kinda don't want to say what my most current OTP is. lol

Why? Let's see...no development, the manner in which they got together in was ridiculous, the author doesn't write romance period so they have no moments on-screen (at least in the manga), and their relationship that is shown is mostly humor-driven and because of that many fans don't perceive it in a positive light.

Like, holy crap, I guess you really can't help what you ultimately ship, right? I have many pairings I support for various reasons, but actually getting into them enough to add to my family of OTPs is different and seems to be largely involuntary.

I don't think I ship this new pairing irrationally, necessarily. I have reasons...er, rationalizations that I consider reasonable. Some may disagree with them, though.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 28 May 2015 - 05:34 PM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#164 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:36 PM

People can shop whatever pairing they want for whatever reason.

#165 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:46 PM

Of course. I'm just overly self conscious and don't think many here would agree with my latest OTP.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 28 May 2015 - 05:46 PM.

~Relient K

#166 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

Of course. I'm just overly self conscious and don't think many here would agree with my latest OTP.

What's your ship? It's come from Anime/manga or non anime/manga.

#167 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:55 PM

What's your ship? It's come from Anime/manga or non anime/manga.

I shall not tell. But if you look at my dA page it's not hard to figure out. It's anime.

~Relient K

#168 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:04 PM

I'm basically just starting, but I've read some discussions about it. I understand that they're pretty close and all, but that there's not that much romantic interaction, that it could also be understood in a friendly way. And there's that chick from Natsu's past...

Oh well, NaruSaku also jumped off the screen at me and look what happened with that. Can't blame me for being cautious.  :yes:

Oh, believe me, I definitely understand about being cautious, Kishi completely broke my trust. I have to spoil myself on character relationships before I start a series now, just to make sure that i don't get sucked in to one paring, and then have it blown up in my face.

That's partly true, there isn't much blatant up front romantic interaction, but there is a bunch of subtle interaction, on top of a great friendship. You can tell more and more the way their relationship is progressing. The girl from his past is kinda a non-factor, there was even a moment between her and Lucy where the girl from the past recognized their relationship.

Hiro is pretty up front about who's gonna be paired with who. It's not just Natsu and Lucy, either. You'll see once you get a little further in :)

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#169 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:17 PM

Hiro is pretty up front about who's gonna be paired with who. It's not just Natsu and Lucy, either. You'll see once you get a little further in :)

Thanks for the info, you've put my mind at ease!  :happy:

#170 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:03 AM

jimmy and cindy are one of my classic favorites https://youtu.be/dY5Ukq11Wig

Edited by soraandven, 29 May 2015 - 05:03 AM.

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#171 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:08 PM

When I watched Age of Ultron yesterday, I got reminded of how much I love Captain America x Peggy Carter.

tumblr_np440ofBw81rr4o07o1_500.gif

tumblr_np440ofBw81rr4o07o2_500.gif

tumblr_np440ofBw81rr4o07o3_500.gif

Edited by trang95, 29 May 2015 - 07:35 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#172 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

There use to be a time where the only couple that mattered to me (my one and only otp) was NoelxSerah from Final Fantasy XIII-2.  

noel_and_serah_wallpaper_spoiler_warning

Warning- OTP Rant: And till this day I still throw temper tantrums at how they never got together. I mean, really, I spent over 24 hours trying to save their fate and watching them grow together. They stuck with each other through thick and thin. It was the type of relationship you would wish anybody to have! To be so close to each other, yet nothing happened. Cause in the end, Noel was still fond of a girl (who, by the way, acted just like Hinata) who dies constantly and Serah was still engaged to Snow even after he left her for 2 years. And I think what pissed me off the most was that Serah and Snow were supposed to be the main relationship yet it's never confirmed if they ever got married, it was never showed, yet for some odd reason the developers had to confirm that Yuel and Noel are living happily ever after. Bull-kitten. 

Just.....bull-kitten.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#173 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:32 AM

There use to be a time where the only couple that mattered to me (my one and only otp) was NoelxSerah from Final Fantasy XIII-2.  

noel_and_serah_wallpaper_spoiler_warning

Warning- OTP Rant: And till this day I still throw temper tantrums at how they never got together. I mean, really, I spent over 24 hours trying to save their fate and watching them grow together. They stuck with each other through thick and thin. It was the type of relationship you would wish anybody to have! To be so close to each other, yet nothing happened. Cause in the end, Noel was still fond of a girl (who, by the way, acted just like Hinata) who dies constantly and Serah was still engaged to Snow even after he left her for 2 years. And I think what pissed me off the most was that Serah and Snow were supposed to be the main relationship yet it's never confirmed if they ever got married, it was never showed, yet for some odd reason the developers had to confirm that Yuel and Noel are living happily ever after. Bull-kitten. 

Just.....bull-kitten.

Hahaha, I've never played the Final Fantasy Games, but I know roughly what Final Fantasy XIII-2 is about: And I instantly shipped them on my first impression... (never liked Snow, so yeah...).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#174 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:09 AM

Doesn't Serah and snow are canon pairing?

#175 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:53 AM

tumblr_nogc4dPrR11qapaezo1_500.png

another ship that i will sink with! :P\

BellxAiz

Edited by nikki1314, 30 May 2015 - 01:53 AM.

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#176 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:34 AM

tumblr_nogc4dPrR11qapaezo1_500.png

another ship that i will sink with! :P\

BellxAiz

Yes! You and me- let's sink together (although the anime will end before any ship will become cannon). I'm not a big fan of Danmachi, but as long as Aiz is in there, I'll keep watching it. She and that red-haired guy are my favorites right now.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#177 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:37 AM

My master X Happiness :cry:

#178 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:42 AM

My master X Happiness :cry:

You'll have a hard time with Heaven's Feel Route...

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#179 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:45 AM

You'll have a hard time with Heaven's Feel Route...

......Damn it :cry: It was named Heaven's Feel route for a reason! The feels...MASTER :argh:

#180 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:00 AM

Doesn't Serah and snow are canon pairing?

They were. Now, we don't know. Like I've said, the developers decided it wasn't important enough to end their story appropriately.  All we know is that Yeul and Noel are living together and are the only real official canon. This pisses me off because SnowxSerah was the entirety of Final Fantasy XIII.

Hahaha, I've never played the Final Fantasy Games, but I know roughly what Final Fantasy XIII-2 is about: And I instantly shipped them on my first impression... (never liked Snow, so yeah...).

Snow wasn't a bad guy but he left Serah for two years, entrusted another guy (Noel) to take care of her, and quite frankly acted out on his own immaturity than his love for Serah. But he really did love her. It's just that, along the way Noel and Serah grew really fond of each other and personality wise they're a better match. I've never liked Final Fantasy romances anyway so I'm not surprised it didn't happen. NoelxYuel was my Naruhina. I despised it so kitten much.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users