• This topic is locked This topic is locked
286 replies to this topic

#161 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

As a creator, Kishimoto writes himself into a corner by making villainous bad guys, then forcing the reader and the rest of the characters to understand and sympathize with him. And the groundwork has been laid for Madara to be another one of these villain-who-gets-redeemed-even-though-he-shouldn't-be type of characters. Blech. 

There are things I like a lot about this manga. But being forced to sympathize with the villains so the plot can move on is not one of them.

Exactly.

Kishi did a good job with Obito, he lost his way ,because there was no one to support him or he couldn't escape loneliness , so that's why he was dripped in the darkness. If there is someone to help you and you never give up and keep on living , good things will come/happen.

No one to support him? Wasn't the Uchiha clan still around? Didn't he have a family still? I find it so hard to believe that Rin was the ONLY person he had in his life.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#162 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

By that time, everybody considered him dead. Even if he did seek out Kakashi to explain his actions, would their friendship have stayed the same after that? so, either way Obito chose the path he walked on simply because he knew things couldn't go back to what they were before. Obito might be forgiving of Kakashi's reasoning, but would Kakashi be able to forgive himself?

I think that he believed it would've been better to cut off their bonds rather than stay around since it would just torture Kakashi. We saw how bad it was without the knowledge that Obito's still alive, imagine how strained their relationship would be if he stuck around. . 

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#163 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

By that time, everybody considered him dead. Even if he did seek out Kakashi to explain his actions, would their friendship have stayed the same after that? so, either way Obito chose the path he walked on simply because he knew things couldn't go back to what they were before. Obito might be forgiving of Kakashi's reasoning, but would Kakashi be able to forgive himself?

I think that he believed it would've been better to cut off their bonds rather than stay around since it would just torture Kakashi. We saw how bad it was without the knowledge that Obito's still alive, imagine how strained their relationship would be if he stuck around. . 

Yep, i mean the memory of Obito and the eye that Obito gave to him was what kept him alive but after learning that Obito corrupted himself he lose his will to move on and when he was about to die at Obito's hands, he found another one which was to ensure that Naruto will survive.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 14 November 2013 - 05:44 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#164 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

No one to support him? Wasn't the Uchiha clan still around? Didn't he have a family still? I find it so hard to believe that Rin was the ONLY person he had in his life.

He didn't have a family ,i think. I mean Naruto did mention something of the sort . I think she was the only to believe in him and his dream. But yeah... it is very ''strange'' that he didn't seek comfort or other people to be with . That's the difference between him and Naruto though , Naruto doesn't give up while Obito did. 

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#165 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

So what do you guys think is Neji and maybe the rest coming back to life or not? Is Obito going to revive them or some of them?

Personally I saw the revival coming since Neji died, if I'm not mistaken I even said it when 614 came out, don't remember. I wouldn't really like it since will be a repetition of the Pain Arc but I'm ok with it.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#166 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

So what do you guys think is Neji and maybe the rest coming back to life or not? Is Obito going to revive them or some of them?

Personally I saw the revival coming since Neji died, if I'm not mistaken I even said it when 614 came out, don't remember. I wouldn't really like it since will be a repetition of the Pain Arc but I'm ok with it.

I believe on this, Obito seems unlikely that he will sacrifice his life to do something about Madara, and Naruto told him to do something good like the old Obito would be capable to.
So he either will use the Edo Tensei to at least "compensate" or will defeat Madara.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#167 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

I think Neji's death is part of Hinata's endgame. With Neji out of the picture, Hinata is the only one who can be the head of her clan. She now has a reason to carry on as head of clan — for herself and her clan, and also for Neji. Neji's death clears a path for her.

If Neji were alive, it would be easier to justify NH, as Neji could be head of clan while Hinata went off and married Naruto. (Of course, there I'm sure there are some rules about clan roles, lesser branch families, yadda, yadda, yadda.) Neji being alive kind of lets Hinata off the hook with clan responsibilities. 

So I think there's more to Neji's death than just the immediate drama. But also to galvanize Hinata's purpose and neatly resolve her story, while keeping her legion of fans happy.

(On a side note, I sincerely hope Obito doesn't resurrect people. It'll be Pain all over again.)

#168 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

I think Neji's death is part of Hinata's endgame. With Neji out of the picture, Hinata is the only one who can be the head of her clan. She now has a reason to carry on as head of clan — for herself and her clan, and also for Neji. Neji's death clears a path for her.

If Neji were alive, it would be easier to justify NH, as Neji could be head of clan while Hinata went off and married Naruto. (Of course, there I'm sure there are some rules about clan roles, lesser branch families, yadda, yadda, yadda.) Neji being alive kind of lets Hinata off the hook with clan responsibilities. 

So I think there's more to Neji's death than just the immediate drama. But also to galvanize Hinata's purpose and neatly resolve her story, while keeping her legion of fans happy.

(On a side note, I sincerely hope Obito doesn't resurrect people. It'll be Pain all over again.)

I find this interesting but there was another guy who was leading the clan alongside with Neji, whose name i dont know, but he was clearly leading the clan.

I think Neji was never meant to be a clan leader or whatesover.

Even if he were alive, doesnt matter what will be the claims, Hinata being leader or not of the clan doesnt affect nothing.

Neji acted as her protector and he clearly after being changed was helping Hinata.

Sincerely, she's a side character, those kind of characters never get a in-depth ending.

Neji's death served for Naruto's development, Hinata didnt get any development from him, she just fullfilled her wish on chapter "Path of Radiance", and gained self confidence but wasnt from the effects of Neji's death.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 14 November 2013 - 07:04 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#169 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

I find this interesting but there was another guy who was leading the clan alongside with Neji, whose name i dont know, but he was clearly leading the clan.
I think Neji was never meant to be a clan leader or whatesover.
Even if he were alive, doesnt matter what will be the claims, Hinata being leader or not of the clan doesnt affect nothing.
Neji acted as her protector and he clearly after being changed was helping Hinata.
Sincerely, she's a side character, those kind of characters never get a in-depth ending.

Neji's death served for Naruto's development, Hinata didnt get any development from him, she just fullfilled her wish on chapter "Path of Radiance", and gained self confidence but wasnt from the effects of Neji's death.

She learned 64 palms because of neji's death ;)

#170 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

It's certainly possible, and I've been bracing myself for it, just in case. But I'm still hoping Kishi won't use that cop-out again. -_-

I hope something like that is Kishimoto's intention with Neji's death, and that it's purpose wasn't just for shock value. I want to see it have some long term effects, not just for Naruto, but Hinata too.

#171 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

I think the war will be extended till the next volume. Madara can be beaten in two chapters, but, still, an enemy like him, with his relatedness to Hashirama and what he wants to achieve and his skills, can still give more than two chapters, and Obito will die at some point, possibly by Madara's hands. So, I think next volume will be also for this current arc.

Edited by T XD, 14 November 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#172 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

She learned 64 palms because of neji's death ;)

But again what was missing was Naruto's inspiration and in the end she thanked Naruto not Neji.

It was completely Hinata --> Naruto and there was criticism because of it.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 14 November 2013 - 07:19 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#173 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

Exactly.

Considering that Obito was an orphan and a relatively unskilled ninja just as Naruto was at the very beginning of the series, I would assume that the Uchiha clan looked upon him as a burden and an insult to their name. The Uchiha clan was always depicted as being very militant and resentful towards the Leaf, so I don't think that Obito's personality as well as his dreams blew over to them very well.

Just as Naruto was bullied for being the child of the Nine Tailed Fox, Obito was probably bullied within his clan as being weak, an orphan, and not having awakened his Sharingan. I think this would explain best why he held a "grudge" against the Uchiha clan and played some sort of role in their annihilation.  

On top of this, Rin was the only one who was shown really encouraging him to capture his dreams, helping him out, and looking after him (except for that instance with Minato where he encouraged him to win Rin's love and said that they would become Hokage together).

So, I don't think it is that ridiculous that he said Rin was the light in his life.

tumblr_mxbjasXMEh1smr913o2_500.png

There was once a hero who flew too close to the sun.

His wings of wax fell apart and he plummeted to the earth...

#174 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

Defeating Madara I doubt that, I mean he only has a couple of minutes to live and ever since Naruto started the whole TNJ with Obito, I knew that he wouldn't be killed in the battle he would have some sort of redemption. And the way I saw it is by using the Rinne Tensei a technique that was even mentioned in the same chapter that Neji died.

Personally I think Neji's death was part of his character and the Hyuuga's, not Hinata. Hinata's speech was good and all but it was immediately negated with "His hand is so big and strong". Hinata as the leader still don't really see that since she is still the same obsessed girl. Maybe if Neji comes back and Hinata ends up the leader and Neji is helping her then that will be fine, because even if she is the "leader" Neji will be the one that would actually lead the clan.

And again personally I don't what the resurrection to happen but I would be ok with it.

That's why i believe on an edo tensei, defeating Madara seems obviously unlikely, but he has to do a good action.

I also dont want it to happen but i believe it's going to happen, kishi stating he can use it and the coincidence that by using it he will die.

About the bolded, i believe that if Neji comes back he will do a wake up call on Hinata and back up her to be the leader of the clan like before, i believe Hinata does need Neji if she will lead her clan.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#175 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

Just as Naruto was bullied for being the child of the Nine Tailed Fox, Obito was probably bullied within his clan as being weak, an orphan, and not having awakened his Sharingan. I think this would explain best why he held a "grudge" against the Uchiha clan and played some sort of role in their annihilation.  

I just thought of something:

Couldn't be considered that if Obito wasn't a "pure bred" Uchiha to begin with? The words from Naruto a couple of chapters back surprised me because I find that very strange that here is an Uchiha yet the whole clan (meaning his own family) looked down upon him just because he's "weak".

I think there's something beyond that (if you want to go into detail), more like another insert of incest that Kishimoto doesn't want to go in full detail like the Hyuugas. More like Obito is like the darkhorse/"bastard" child of the family, that most Asian media likes to portray.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#176 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

I believe on this, Obito seems unlikely that he will sacrifice his life to do something about Madara, and Naruto told him to do something good like the old Obito would be capable to.
So he either will use the Edo Tensei to at least "compensate" or will defeat Madara.

Defeating Madara I doubt that, I mean he only has a couple of minutes to live and ever since Naruto started the whole TNJ with Obito, I knew that he wouldn't be killed in the battle he would have some sort of redemption. And the way I saw it is by using the Rinne Tensei a technique that was even mentioned in the same chapter that Neji died.

Personally I think Neji's death was part of his character and the Hyuuga's, not Hinata. Hinata's speech was good and all but it was immediately negated with "His hand is so big and strong". Hinata as the leader still don't really see that since she is still the same obsessed girl. Maybe if Neji comes back and Hinata ends up the leader and Neji is helping her then that will be fine, because even if she is the "leader" Neji will be the one that would actually lead the clan.

And again personally I don't what the resurrection to happen but I would be ok with it.

Edit: Sorry for that my browser decided to double post my comment.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#177 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

I just thought of something:

Couldn't be considered that if Obito wasn't a "pure bred" Uchiha to begin with? The words from Naruto a couple of chapters back surprised me because I find that very strange that here is an Uchiha yet the whole clan (meaning his own family) looked down upon him just because he's "weak".

I think there's something beyond that (if you want to go into detail), more like another insert of incest that Kishimoto doesn't want to go in full detail like the Hyuugas. More like Obito is like the darkhorse/"bastard" child of the family, that most Asian media likes to portray.

It's an interesting thought, but unfortunately probably something that Kishimoto will not bother going in to.

#178 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yeah I'm one of those who honestly hopes Obito won't resurrect any of the ninja who died in the war. As someone already pointed out, it would be the Pein arc all over again, which would be dumb and pointless since the deaths of many characters, such as Inoichi and Shikaku's, were for character development.

(On a side note, I was reading the raw of few chapters ago and I noticed that Naruto refers to Rin as "Rin-chan", that's curious)

aw9vkj.gif

#179 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Interests:I'm still alive! more active on twitter :)

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

No resent button please. :P

--

I also agree with what tricksie said about Obito. And it's all about writing the most tragic past as possible. :glare: It feels forcefed because it's a break. It's squeezed into a few chapters, it made me feel disconnected from the plot, like it was seperating. I would prefer to find out stuff like this little by little, leaving more to our imagination. Because we don't have to know everything.

Edited by sushi., 14 November 2013 - 07:53 PM.

ナルサク

#180 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

@bolded: that is way I don't think Neji will be resurrected, plus only people who are relevant to the plot get resurrected, one could argue that the reason all those who died in the Pain arc were resurrected we because Kakashi was among them, as we've seen Kakashi was still important to the plot, so Nagato using Rinne Tensei to revive everyone who died in the arc was better for the story then juts resurrecting Kakashi, because if Nagato was just going to resurrect one person why not resurrect Jiraiya, who was important to both him and Naruto.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users