#161 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

Thank you for the lovely new forum!

I was wondering if it was possible to extend the daily "like" cap to be more than five? There are so many good posts. ;3;
Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#162 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

I was wondering if it was possible to extend the daily "like" cap to be more than five? There are so many good posts. ;3;

The Mods/Admins will discuss that, and get right back to you =3

#163 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

I was wondering if something could be done about the size an image has to be to use it as an avatar. I used to be able to upload a moderate size image and the site would automatically shrink it down for me. Now, the images need to already be a certain size (150x150 works) otherwise you can't use them. It's easy enough to shrink them in MS Paint, but sometimes they get really pixelated when I do that. Is there a way to change this? If not, that's okay. It's not a big deal. :happy:

Slex, when you tried to upload the image you wanted, what exactly was the error message?

I had no problem uploading larger images, it only gave me an error if I tried to use an image with a larger filesize than the limit allowed (100KB).  The board will still resize your image and allow you to adjust the crop for your post avatar.

I was wondering... sorry if it was mentioned before...

With the newest implementation... I'd like to know if I can edit some images, for example to see the whole code with [ img ] and everything.

When I first tried to use it, it told me it's not working.

Not to mention it's easier when you have to copy-paste something from a side to another...

Did you flick the light switch on the top left of your post editor to see the BBcode tags?

#164 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

Slex, when you tried to upload the image you wanted, what exactly was the error message?

I had no problem uploading larger images, it only gave me an error if I tried to use an image with a larger filesize than the limit allowed (100KB).  The board will still resize your image and allow you to adjust the crop for your post avatar.

It sounds like the filesize was too large then. This was the error message I got:

The file selected is too large. Max 100kb

The first image I tried to upload was this:

Then I got the error message, so I tried cropping it to this:

That still didn't work, so I tried shrinking the image to 150x150, and that worked but it made the image look pixelated:

The original image didn't seem too big when I first went to upload it, (I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to computer stuff, so I don't know how big 100kb is)... Maybe I should have tried out some different images before posting here. :sweatdrop:

Edited by Slextrem, 31 May 2013 - 07:02 AM.

#165 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

I don't know if this is the right place to post this... but if there isn't one already, is it possible for users to have another YouTube music bar? Just wondering :happy:

JA2DBzd.png

#166 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

It sounds like the filesize was too large then. This was the error message I got:

The file selected is too large. Max 100kb

The original image didn't seem too big when I first went to upload it, (I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to computer stuff, so I don't know how big 100kb is)... Maybe I should have tried out some different images before posting here. :sweatdrop:

Slex, if you saved your image to your PC, you can just hover over its file to find out how big it is. In this case, your image was 139KB.  :happy:

You can use http://www.imageoptimizer.net to optimise/shrink your image.  In this case, I asked it to slightly shrink it to 200px high, and it shrank the filesize down to 51KB as well.  :smile:

Optimized-Sakura-chan_zps1ef180a4.jpg

But, I will also look at increasing the filesize limit for avatar uploads, as 100KB is a little bit low.

Minor update coming soon: There is a new version of the board software out now, and it's said to fix several bugs so I will update it tonight.  For safety, the board will be closed during the update, and it shouldn't take too long.  :happy:

Hopefully, it will help fix the CSS refresh and logout bugs.  If not, I will investigate them tomorrow!

#167 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

Can you guys add the ">>last page" button to the mobile version? It's tiresome clicking ">>next page" when a thread has over 100 pages. :lol:

thanks

and oh I love this smiley : :banana:

ナルサク

#168 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

I've been able to find a possible solution, and I will test it out tomorrow. ^_^

It's true the mobile skin is really lacking, it does load fast but the missing pagination/new post links can be frustrating when you only want to check the very latest posts.

#169 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

Can you guys add the ">>last page" button to the mobile version? It's tiresome clicking ">>next page" when a thread has over 100 pages. :lol:

I've been able to find a possible solution, and I will test it out tomorrow. ^_^

It's true the mobile skin is really lacking, it does load fast but the missing pagination/new post links can be frustrating when you only want to check the very latest posts.

There actually IS a 'last page' button, and I'm a little surprised no one who has asked about it in this thread, hasn't seen it.

For example if you go onto the mobile H&E forum right now, and click New Content, the Chapter 632 thread is at the top of the page. The format looks like this -

Naruto 632 81 pages

In Latest Releases

Last post on Today, 01:28 PM by Inferno180

That Today, 01:38 highlighted in blue on the mobile page screen IS the last post/page button. Clicking it take you directly to the last page and the last post made in the thread you want to view. And clicking the Today+timestamp button works on every thread. It also works like that here on the non-mobile PC-accessed forum :happy:

Hope this helped resolve this issue :happy:

#170 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

There actually IS a 'last page' button, and I'm a little surprised no one who has asked about it in this thread, hasn't seen it.

For example if you go onto the mobile H&E forum right now, and click New Content, the Chapter 632 thread is at the top of the page. The format looks like this -

Naruto 632 81 pages

In Latest Releases

Last post on Today, 01:28 PM by Inferno180

That Today, 01:38 highlighted in blue on the mobile page screen IS the last post/page button. Clicking it take you directly to the last page and the last post made in the thread you want to view. And clicking the Today+timestamp button works on every thread. It also works like that here on the non-mobile PC-accessed forum :happy:

Hope this helped resolve this issue :happy:

I found this out yesterday trying to get to the last page. XD

#171 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

I found this out yesterday trying to get to the last page. XD

Good :smile:

I think the mobile site is an awesome addition. It was pretty great for it to be created, and made available for forum upgrades :happy:

We'll be bumping up the 'Like' cap to 10 per day. Everyone please try to use them well  :smile:

#172 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

I love the new site it looks better, it loads with no problems, and the new features. :smile:

#173 SkiesEagle

SkiesEagle

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and reading fanfiction :P

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

Sorry that I has to bug in but can someone fix the problem that I already has post it here?

Kweh!~
Chocobos
chocobo narusaku2

#174 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

I type in the website. Then I triple check to make sure I have the correct website. This looks...clean. Good job :)

#175 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hmm, what browser are you using, and have you tried checking the post is properly formatted by using the basic editor (light switch at top left of reply button)?  The bold tags look like this: 

[b]Bolded text[/b]

Does anyone else have this problem?

I used Google Chrome on Linux Ubuntu. I switched to Firefox and it works just fine, thank you.

#176 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

Sorry that I has to bug in but can someone fix the problem that I already has post it here?

Sorry, I thought I had replied to your post! I did test for the bug last Thursday and was able to reproduce it. I've adjusted the cookie settings a bit today, can you please test the log out again?  I'll do the same as soon as I finish this post.

If it does persist, can you please let me know which browser you are using?

Thanks. :happy: 

I love the new site it looks better, it loads with no problems, and the new features. :smile:

I type in the website. Then I triple check to make sure I have the correct website. This looks...clean. Good job :)

Thanks, guys, glad you enjoy the new look.  :smile:

I used Google Chrome on Linux Ubuntu. I switched to Firefox and it works just fine, thank you.

Oh, that's interesting. I use Google Chrome on Win7 and haven't had any problem with the bolded text. I installed a patch last night, so maybe it was fixed for your Chrome?

P.S. I also adjusted some server settings, can anyone let me know if the CSS refresh bug is still happening? Thanks! :smile:

#177 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

Oh, that's interesting. I use Google Chrome on Win7 and haven't had any problem with the bolded text. I installed a patch last night, so maybe it was fixed for your Chrome?

P.S. I also adjusted some server settings, can anyone let me know if the CSS refresh bug is still happening? Thanks! :smile:

Everything works OK in Win7. As for Ubuntu, I try to upgrade everything as ofter as I can, but it still isn't working on Chrome. As I said before, I switched to Firefox and everything works just fine. :wink:

#178 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

OK, thanks Tauriel. :smile:

The logout seems to work properly for me now, I hope it will be fine for everyone else.  :happy:

So far, no more CSS refresh bug either, but I might just be getting lucky.  :P   Someone on the IPB support forums suggested that it was actually caused by the use of Minify for compression, and sometimes the cache goes wrong.  I've disabled it for now, so we'll see how it goes.

#179 SkiesEagle

SkiesEagle

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and reading fanfiction :P

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Sorry, I thought I had replied to your post! I did test for the bug last Thursday and was able to reproduce it. I've adjusted the cookie settings a bit today, can you please test the log out again?  I'll do the same as soon as I finish this post.

If it does persist, can you please let me know which browser you are using?

Thanks. :happy:

It works! Thank you so much! :D

I like this new site and wallpaper color choice! It so cool!

Kweh!~
Chocobos
chocobo narusaku2

#180 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Awesome.  :D

Let me know if there is any more trouble!

If both bugs are firmly stomped, I can focus on improving the site more from tomorrow.  :happy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users