1817 replies to this topic

#1761 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:52 PM

I saw it was about Extra game, at some translation site. But the sequel only has like 6 chapter or so...

Oh, are Production IG that good with movies? I don't think I watched one before. 

Well, it's been a while, but knowing their normal budget anime, I expect it to be great. So yeah. Well, it still haven't been said, but heck, that would be cool. Again, the production will be high.

#1762 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:45 PM

Well, it's been a while, but knowing their normal budget anime, I expect it to be great. So yeah. Well, it still haven't been said, but heck, that would be cool. Again, the production will be high.

Oh, I found the translator for the event where it was told that a movie would come out: http://thebasketball...urobas-cup-2015

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#1763 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:49 PM

Oh, I found the translator for the event where it was told that a movie would come out: http://thebasketball...urobas-cup-2015

Ah. Thank you. It should be interesting to see the intense production the company always put out.

#1764 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:47 AM

So, apparently, the animationstudio Manglobe has gone bankrupt: http://myanimelist.n...topicid=1433800

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#1765 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:57 AM

Out of places, it's them...

#1766 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:45 PM

Out of places, it's them...

I haven't seen many (Or none at all, not sure) works of Manglobe, but from what I've heard, it was one of the few studios that did not include too much fanservice or try to cater to the audience. Their works tend to be more out of the norm... So does that mean the studio will shut down for sure?

I heard Madhouse went bankrupt a few years ago or so, but they've recovered.

Edited by trang95, 01 October 2015 - 01:46 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#1767 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

I haven't seen many (Or none at all, not sure) works of Manglobe, but from what I've heard, it was one of the few studios that did not include too much fanservice or try to cater to the audience. Their works tend to be more out of the norm... So does that mean the studio will shut down for sure?
I heard Madhouse went bankrupt a few years ago or so, but they've recovered.

It's no longer a rumor. It is true.

Well, I guess they can recover but time will tell. As of late, companies is getting production issues, most notably ufotable. So much that Gintama even shot fired. That's tama level of shot fired. But really, it is pretty embarrassing to have this problem in anime studio. Normally, gaming production is common because they have no time due date, then when they do, it can be exposure. In anime, this year for some reason has many issues. So odd.

#1768 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:02 PM

It's no longer a rumor. It is true.

Well, I guess they can recover but time will tell. As of late, companies is getting production issues, most notably ufotable. So much that Gintama even shot fired. That's tama level of shot fired. But really, it is pretty embarrassing to have this problem in anime studio. Normally, gaming production is common because they have no time due date, then when they do, it can be exposure. In anime, this year for some reason has many issues. So odd.

No idea either... Fact is that DVD and BluRay sales for animes in Japan have decreased significantly for this season. But quality doesn't always equal popularity as we all know. MadHouse sales rarely overtrump those of KyoAni, a studio in my eyes that... really relies on moe.

Edited by trang95, 01 October 2015 - 02:02 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#1769 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:12 PM

No idea either... Fact is that DVD and BluRay sales for animes in Japan have decreased significantly for this season. But quality doesn't always equal popularity as we all know. MadHouse sales rarely overtrump those of KyoAni, a studio in my eyes that... really relies on moe.

Oh most definitely. Right now, they're pushing hard on OPM, and rightfully so. It's only matter of knowing if it disappoint or deliver. Realistically speaking, OPM has the highest chance to disappoint since the money and hype is strong with this one. USA is already sold into it, so now, anime has to succeed without any huge flaw like DBS.

#1770 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:59 PM

Oh most definitely. Right now, they're pushing hard on OPM, and rightfully so. It's only matter of knowing if it disappoint or deliver. Realistically speaking, OPM has the highest chance to disappoint since the money and hype is strong with this one. USA is already sold into it, so now, anime has to succeed without any huge flaw like DBS.

Well, I knew w/out even watching DBS woyld fail. Anything that has the name Toei attached to it is most of the time doomed.
Let's hope OPM will deliver.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#1771 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:04 PM

Well, I knew w/out even watching DBS woyld fail. Anything that has the name Toei attached to it is most of the time doomed.
Let's hope OPM will deliver.

I'll be honest, I wasn't aware of Toei curse until DBS. I think a lot of people didn't as well, mainly for casual fans. I mean I know about Sailor Moon and others, but wow, seeing it is like Tokyo Ghoul bad, only it's much louder since DB is a huge name.

#1772 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:06 PM

I'll be honest, I wasn't aware of Toei curse until DBS. I think a lot of people didn't as well, mainly for casual fans. I mean I know about Sailor Moon and others, but wow, seeing it is like Tokyo Ghoul bad, only it's much louder since DB is a huge name.

One word: Toriko. Toei ruined not only the anime but the manga with it. Their animations sucks most of the time; you always here bad things about the animation and pacing in yhe anime from One Piece. But it's still a filthy rich studio. They know people are gonna watch DBS, no matter how bad the animation is. If Boku no Hero Academia gets animared by Toei: well byebye to good adaptation.

Edited by trang95, 01 October 2015 - 04:08 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#1773 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:16 PM

One word: Toriko. Toei ruined not only the anime but the manga with it. Their animations sucks most of the time; you always here bad things about the animation and pacing in yhe anime from One Piece. But it's still a filthy rich studio. They know people are gonna watch DBS, no matter how bad the animation is. If Boku no Hero Academia gets animared by Toei: well byebye to good adaptation.

Sadly, that and SP has a good chance to pick up BnHA more so than anyone else. I mean we could get A-1 even though they have a rep of speed through, but it's better than suffer the mess. Then again, A-1 seems to only pick up ones that are fantasy. SP sadly fits the bill of picking up urban area series.

Toriko, huh. The way I heard about it, it sure did. Funny, because WSJ was really pushing it to be the next big thing. Now, it's really slacking bad. The recent sales and ranking isn't looking good. I don't know about the series, so I have no comment on it. How did it ruin manga? You mean ads?

#1774 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:29 PM

I saw it was about Extra game, at some translation site. But the sequel only has like 6 chapter or so...

Oh, are Production IG that good with movies? I don't think I watched one before. 

they're pretty good. i watched tsubasa chronicles - birdcage kingdom. it has smooth animation and drawing, cool effects too. only minor complaint i had was the weird coloring on the protagonists' hair (syaoran and sakura) the OVA is superb though.

here's a list of movies they produced x

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#1775 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:34 PM

Of course they're good. They did AoT, which pretty much got the world on fire. They spent a lot, only to get them back and more.

So...Naruto opening and ending sucks. The worst of Fall 2015.

"But you only saw one new one."

I know...

#1776 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:38 PM

Sadly, that and SP has a good chance to pick up BnHA more so than anyone else. I mean we could get A-1 even though they have a rep of speed through, but it's better than suffer the mess. Then again, A-1 seems to only pick up ones that are fantasy. SP sadly fits the bill of picking up urban area series.

Toriko, huh. The way I heard about it, it sure did. Funny, because WSJ was really pushing it to be the next big thing. Now, it's really slacking bad. The recent sales and ranking isn't looking good. I don't know about the series, so I have no comment on it. How did it ruin manga? You mean ads?

Toei, Pierrot, Deen <------------------------- The Holy Trinity of Anime Massacres, but more so shounen.

When it comes to A-1, I just usually frown upon them if they adapt shounens... For some reason the first season always tries to do a marathon through the first 100 chapters or so. Season 2 of them is usually better, so that's prob good for Nanatsu no Taizai. A-1 excels in the feels department though in my eyes. My Lie in April and AnoHana were awesome. Still, I prefer A-1 for Boku no Hero Academia. Most preferably Bones though.

I honestly do not know how the anime ruined the manga sales, but that's what I always hear from fans. Somehow the downfall of the anime hurt the sales after a while. The manga sales never recovered. Comparatively, Bleach can still hold itself respectively.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#1777 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:57 PM

Toei, Pierrot, Deen <------------------------- The Holy Trinity of Anime Massacres, but more so shounen.
When it comes to A-1, I just usually frown upon them if they adapt shounens... For some reason the first season always tries to do a marathon through the first 100 chapters or so. Season 2 of them is usually better, so that's prob good for Nanatsu no Taizai. A-1 excels in the feels department though in my eyes. My Lie in April and AnoHana were awesome. Still, I prefer A-1 for Boku no Hero Academia. Most preferably Bones though.

I honestly do not know how the anime ruined the manga sales, but that's what I always hear from fans. Somehow the downfall of the anime hurt the sales after a while. The manga sales never recovered. Comparatively, Bleach can still hold itself respectively.

Bleach can hold well, but it was once stronger than that. Toriko was supposed to be the next big thing, but yeah, it seemed to fail pretty bad. A-1 does have that, so that's true upside. Still, I just don't know if they will pick up BnHA. It doesn't feel like it suit them.

Deen. What did they do? I saw that name come out often.

#1778 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:14 PM

Bleach can hold well, but it was once stronger than that. Toriko was supposed to be the next big thing, but yeah, it seemed to fail pretty bad. A-1 does have that, so that's true upside. Still, I just don't know if they will pick up BnHA. It doesn't feel like it suit them.

Deen. What did they do? I saw that name come out often.

... Most of the time any of Deen's animes are just bad, really bad. Most notoriously the Fate/Stay Night adaptation.  That was a trainwreck, man XD

I know Bleach used to be better, and many of their sales reached 1 million per volume, but considering now w/out the anime, each volumes still sells 400k to 500k. That's still a lot, and beats Fairy Tail (I think) a bit- and that has an on-going anime by A-1 (how lucky).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#1779 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:33 PM

... Most of the time any of Deen's animes are just bad, really bad. Most notoriously the Fate/Stay Night adaptation.  That was a trainwreck, man XD
I know Bleach used to be better, and many of their sales reached 1 million per volume, but considering now w/out the anime, each volumes still sells 400k to 500k. That's still a lot, and beats Fairy Tail (I think) a bit- and that has an on-going anime by A-1 (how lucky).

Oh yeah. Now I remember. I forgot Fate/Stay Night was originally adapted by them. Yeah...

Yeah, that's true. But now they're getting beat by OPM. Once anime happens, well, we'll see. People speculated that it can be the next AoT. I don't know about that, but I can see the sale hitting a million.

#1780 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:15 PM

Last arc of bleach was epic in terms of animations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users