• Please log in to reply
31591 replies to this topic

#16521 Metalhead87

Metalhead87

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing (when I can motivate myself to do it), writing, playing videogames - that kind of stuff.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:25 PM

yes. klpW1Gq.png

Whoops! You'd think creators would learn by now - don't give your fans crap, and they won't throw crap back at you.

Please check out my DeviantArt page! http://infamatt.deviantart.com/ I appreciate it  :happy:

#16522 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

Naruto is not the first nor the last of shonen manga who do that.
For example, fairytail focus on adventure and nakama bond.
While naruto focus on bromance that would make broke back mountain a straight romantic movie.

which is why op is the only shounen i follow.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#16523 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

which is why op is the only shounen i follow.

Did you drop Akame ga Kill?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#16524 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

Did you drop Akame ga Kill?

yeah sorta.

:(

Edited by luffyq1, 13 April 2015 - 03:40 PM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#16525 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:41 PM

yeah sorta.

:(

Is it b/c you're afraid the manga will end like the anime?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#16526 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

Is it b/c you're afraid the manga will end like the anime?

Sad-nod-COLFER.gif

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#16527 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:50 PM

Sad-nod-COLFER.gif

Understandable XD (The anime ending was terrible).

Some two good ongoing shounen mangas you might wanna give a try in the future are Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins) and Boku no Hero Academia.

Edited by trang95, 13 April 2015 - 03:50 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#16528 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:54 PM

What are you talking about? The new chapter for OP is already out! :wub: :kukuku:

200.gif

tumblr_msgeqwO5OR1s3pnfvo1_500.gif

Yp330yZ.gif

#16529 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

Some two good ongoing shounen mangas you might wanna give a try in the future are Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins) and Boku no Hero Academia.

But mostly Boku no Hero Academia.

#16530 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

But mostly Boku no Hero Academia.

:pimp:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#16531 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

is hero academia really that good? and is nanatsu the same as fairy tail? 

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#16532 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:02 PM

:pimp:

VIP knows :pimp:

#16533 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:05 PM

About Nanatsu no Taizai: I seriously had those Fairy Tail vibes first when I read the first chapter, but that vibe died down with Ch.2. What I like most about Nanatsu no Taizai are the individual members of the Seven Deadly Sins. Very unique.

Boku no Hero Academia starts of slow (but that's not unusual for a shounen manga), but right now it is really getting intense. It has potential to becoming a great series.

VIP knows :pimp:

:smug:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#16534 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:06 PM

First one has good potential and now it's showing its perks on art and actions, which so far I'm really enjoying. As for the latter, it's a pretty fun series that has DBZ vibe in action (seriously, explosion and over the top scale) and fantasy RPG vibe with it as well. So whenever it gets crazy, it's already established to be that way. It is funny that it's pretty damn violence and it's in the same magazine with FT.

Give it a try if you want.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 13 April 2015 - 04:08 PM.

#16535 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

is hero academia really that good? 

Boku No Hero Academia does have a somewhat of a slow start, but right now 38 chapters in things are getting really really intense. Plus Izuku isn't your generic typical shounen character like Naruto, Luffy, or Natsu. He's really different from the others and let me tell you the development that he gets alongside the other characters is really amazing.  I will say that it's got potential to become one of the best series someday, but I would recommend giving it a read and give your own take on the series. It took me at least up to Chapter 3 to get invested, but chapter 7 to become a fan of the series. Since then things like I said before are getting really really intense.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#16536 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:48 PM

Boku No Hero Academia does have a somewhat of a slow start, but right now 38 chapters in things are getting really really intense. Plus Izuku isn't your generic typical shounen character like Naruto, Luffy, or Natsu. He's really different from the others and let me tell you the development that he gets alongside the other characters is really amazing.  I will say that it's got potential to become one of the best series someday, but I would recommend giving it a read and give your own take on the series. It took me at least up to Chapter 3 to get invested, but chapter 7 to become a fan of the series. Since then things like I said before are getting really really intense.

I'm just glad he wasn't like Tsuna.

#16537 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

I'm just glad he wasn't like Tsuna.

Tell me about it otherwise I would've been like abandon ship right from the start. 

Anyway that aside I just saw this AMV and it was truly great: 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#16538 WhyDoIWatch

WhyDoIWatch

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Shows- SNK, Naruto, Code Geass, Baccano, Fate,
    Characters- Claire, Sasuke, Lelouch, Madara, Itachi, Gilgamesh, Kirei, Konan, Sasori, Lancer.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

Oh no I don't want to enter a debate over such a sh*tty serie as Naruto, come on just admit NaruSasu is forced and nonsencical, you're almost there since you admitted that Hashimada which took just a few chapters to develop is much more better. Honestly the only way I would admit Naruto's obsession with Sasuke as understandable is if Naruto was in love with Sasuke, now it would make more sense for Naruto to chase after Sasuke.

Heh, I agree the series is kitten. Wait would that mean Sakura's obsession (Even though it doesnt come close to Naruto's) is justified because she loves him? :umm: I admitted HashiMada is better but its not much of an insult to NaruSasu as that relationship is probably the best in the series.

hunter-x-hunter-2011-episode-145.gif

#16539 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:44 PM

About Nanatsu no Taizai: I seriously had those Fairy Tail vibes first when I read the first chapter, but that vibe died down with Ch.2. What I like most about Nanatsu no Taizai are the individual members of the Seven Deadly Sins. Very unique.

Boku no Hero Academia starts of slow (but that's not unusual for a shounen manga), but right now it is really getting intense. It has potential to becoming a great series.

:smug:

First one has good potential and now it's showing its perks on art and actions, which so far I'm really enjoying. As for the latter, it's a pretty fun series that has DBZ vibe in action (seriously, explosion and over the top scale) and fantasy RPG vibe with it as well. So whenever it gets crazy, it's already established to be that way. It is funny that it's pretty damn violence and it's in the same magazine with FT.

Give it a try if you want.

thanks guys.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#16540 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:46 PM

luffy! Read the breaker! 

It's just so disrespectful of Kishimoto, isn't it? There's a relationship that develops between a creator and those whom follow them, a degree of trust that sustains both parties and keeps them supporting one another. When that trust is broken, it is incredibly difficult to get back. Kishimoto willingly broke that trust, purposefully broke that bond for the pursuit of the almighty dollar, disregarding the people whom gave a young inexperienced mangaka a chance all those years ago, and those whom supported both his characters and himself through the journey that they shared along with them. He compromised the integrity of the story that was fifteen years in the making, and told anyone who ever gave a damn about it that they were the ones in the wrong. It's such a slap in the face, and I feel so sorry for all of those people who followed Naruto for so long and were utterly betrayed by the sham that is its "conclusion".

Apologies for ranting lol  :sweat:

Yeah, it's incredibly disrespectful It's even worse when one considers how he tried to make light of real world concepts such as domestic violence, terrorism, negative gender roles for both men and women, and hatred. It's a slap in the face that he could endorse terrible things so callously. 

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users