Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

#1622 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

So, here's a question for everyone. What is it that you like about your favorite pairings in FT?

Natsu/Lucy: Simple. They're both good friends and have fun with each other, and trust in each other when things go south for them. That, and Natsu is a hopelessly dense but romantic dork helps very much. It's very easy to imagine how their relationship would go.  

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#1623 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

So, here's a question for everyone. What is it that you like about your favorite pairings in FT?

Natsu/Lucy: Simple. They're both good friends and have fun with each other, and trust in each other when things go south for them. That, and Natsu is a hopelessly dense but romantic dork helps very much. It's very easy to imagine how their relationship would go.  

Lucy loves Natsu and Natsu loves Lucy.

The problem is Lucy is shy and denies she loves him. Natsu loves lucy but is useless at romance and can't see Lucy's romantic feelings for him.

Gruvia is awesome, Juvia doesn't just fangirl him she has shown she loves him because she cares greatly for him and gray has unknown feeelings for her?

Edit: Do you guys think that the beginning of the manga around the galuna island arc was very Graylu / Natza ??? There were a few graylu moments and natza moments which makes me think that Hiro changed his mind about the pairings when he introduced Jellal/juvia

Edited by HauntedCake, 30 September 2013 - 09:19 PM.

40283620121415711s.jpg

#1624 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

New chapter: http://www.mangaread...airy-tail/354/3

I'm the only one that lost interest in the series after the abrupt end of the last arc? It's just... not fun anymore.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#1625 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

Of course, it ain't. Set-up arcs are meant to be that way. In the grander scheme of things, this arc was important in many ways.

Spoilers

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#1626 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

New chapter: http://www.mangaread...airy-tail/354/3

I'm the only one that lost interest in the series after the abrupt end of the last arc? It's just... not fun anymore.

Well, things are going to a different direction that now it will be more of a different scenario rather than using the same villain. So now, the next step should start soon. I'm only hoping for a new take on this, rather new baddies, only to get defeated in the same routine. I can only hope.

#1627 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Ah, I totally felt the same way about this arc. It was very boring to me, I lost interest a part of the way in, which made me a little sad because I love this team (natsu, grey, lucy, erza, wendy, cats) and I was happy they were getting another arc together. However, the next arc seems a lot more promising (I'm totally loving the design of the villian at the end of 354).

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#1628 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Again, set-up arcs are meant to be that way. Before you thrust a story into a major plot, you need to slow the pace down first before going into overdrive. A key point in unveiling your major plotline is to lay out the basis for that plotline first. If Mashima had rushed things into the next arc, there would be major plotholes. Building up the foundations of your overarching plot is an important element that should never be done in a rushed manner. From this arc, we can clearly see that Mashima has a big picture of what he wants his story to be, and where he wants it to go.   

Honestly, this is the kind of pace I wished Kishi took in Part II. If he had the kind of pacing Mashima's currently showing, he'd able to make sure he doesn't leave out any details. I can't help but think Mashima is a true perfectionist when it comes to story/world-building. It also helps that when he retcons something, he's not shy to admit it. 

All in all, I enjoyed this arc not for what it showed, but what it aimed to do.

Edited by Codus N, 05 October 2013 - 05:09 PM.

248793.jpg

#1629 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

I wouldn't say this arc was bad but it wasn't that great or anything. But again, it's not supposed to be the main vocal point anyway, so it's not like time was really wasted. It's a setup for the next, so you know, don't need to judge too much. I just hope the next step isn't so John Cena mode. Yeah I'm going with wrestling logic.

#1630 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Fairytail is similiar to onepiece.

#1631 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

Fairy tail chapter out tommorrow? (thursday)?

40283620121415711s.jpg

#1632 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Chapter 355.....

The fanservice is out of control..... this chapter made me cringe not laugh....

http://www.mangapand.../fairy-tail/355

40283620121415711s.jpg

#1633 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Yeah the Fanservice was over the top, also maybe it's me but the artwork wasn't up to usual standards.

That last frame though, that's just...I can't even come up with a suitable comment, you'd have to be mighty brave and even more stupid to get Erza in that position. Also what happened to continuaty? They were trying to sneak a peek when they went on the training trip yet were like Meh this time around.

iAnby7W.gif

#1634 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

Yeah the Fanservice was over the top, also maybe it's me but the artwork wasn't up to usual standards.

That last frame though, that's just...I can't even come up with a suitable comment, you'd have to be mighty brave and even more stupid to get Erza in that position. Also what happened to continuaty? They were trying to sneak a peek when they went on the training trip yet were like Meh this time around.

You know, that first paragraph sounds ironic to me, knowing this is a fan service chapter. Anyway, not much to say but here's for the fandom to enjoy in terms of well you know. Comfortable or not, it is what it is. If anime returns here and reach to this, I wonder how they will handle the last page. Anyway, yeah, not much to say.

#1635 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Mmm. That Erza x Natsu scene had me reaching for ice water...

Oh wait.. this isn't an 18+ ero-manga?

DAMN. 

#1636 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

DAMN. 

I'm suprised he did a erza natsu fanservice since NaLu is far more popular. What is he playing at with this chapter....

I  wonder if he might be hinting at starting pairing wars in FT? between NaLu, Natza, Graylu, Gruvia and jelza... because it doesn't make sense to have that much heavy fanservice for Natza??

One thing, why does lucy only attack/throw things at Natsu when he enters her house/ bath? She doesnt throw things at Gray..

40283620121415711s.jpg

#1637 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

I'm suprised he did a erza natsu fanservice since NaLu is far more popular. What is he playing at with this chapter....

I  wonder if he might be hinting at starting pairing wars in FT? between NaLu, Natza, Graylu, Gruvia and jelza... because it doesn't make sense to have that much heavy fanservice for Natza??

One thing, why does lucy only attack/throw things at Natsu when he enters her house/ bath? She doesnt throw things at Gray..

I'd actually argue, the fact they were so comfortable around each other is pretty much killing the Erza/Natsu pairing, Erza just sees them as family, there is no sexual attraction there at all, yet remember this scene? She actually blushes because of what happens yet in the bath with Natsu she just stands there in all her glory and even drags Natsu along to wash his back.

iAnby7W.gif

#1638 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

Yeah i  guess so. But Lucy only throws stuff at natsu even when grays there too...

40283620121415711s.jpg

#1639 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Chapter 355.....

The fanservice is out of control..... this chapter made me cringe not laugh....

http://www.mangapand.../fairy-tail/355

A case of can't act perverted in front of a love interest in my opinion. I bet that all we need to do to stop Erza from doing that is to just lump in Good  ol' Jellal.  :D That aside, I did not mind it personally. What makes ME cringe is all the the times when the the guys and girls bathing together is used as an excuse for the girl to smack the guy. Not that I actually hate it but it's been used too many times already, it's predictable IMO. The comedic violence that was good for me was at the end which is a break from the whole double standard of abuse  on male by female. Yes, the situation would be pretty embarrassing in real life, but we're not talking about real life. 

DAMN.

Nope. Only hot and sexy enough for the average Japanese teen, lol.  :P

Fairytail is similiar to onepiece.

In all but Popularity though. I mean I LOVE Fairy Tail, But apparently Japan's all time favourite is One Piece now and forever it seems. I still prefer Fairy Tail personally.

I'd actually argue, the fact they were so comfortable around each other is pretty much killing the Erza/Natsu pairing, Erza just sees them as family, there is no sexual attraction there at all, yet remember this scene? She actually blushes because of what happens yet in the bath with Natsu she just stands there in all her glory and even drags Natsu along to wash his back.

If that's your argument then NaLu is kinda onesided then, cause Natsu shows no shame in front of Lucy, and neither does Gray.

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 October 2013 - 04:22 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1640 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Fairy Tail 356

Holy Crap....

248793.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users