#16241 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:08 AM

She's so terrible. So selfish.

We should put her on a stake and burn her.

But you are invested the series in some form or another. It's not dismissal or apathy to such harsh degrees that you want absolutely nothing to do with it. You're finding some reason to continue following it, even read the weekly releases. Am I wrong?He doesn't concern himself with the series, yet there's enough emotional value, albeit negative, to read the series for his amusement while also arguing that he's "distanced" from it? It's a paradox - either you're interested in the series for other motives than what may have originally compelled you to follow it or you cannot find anything substantial to maintain interest and have let it go.

I told you I changed. How many times do I have to say it? I changed from "being upset and not wanting to care" to "finding it funny and wanting to continue reading for fun". That's all.

I don't care about the story as a fan, but I will put my attention to it as an anti.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 12 April 2015 - 04:09 AM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#16242 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:10 AM

But you are invested the series in some form or another. It's not dismissal or apathy to such harsh degrees that you want absolutely nothing to do with it. You're finding some reason to continue following it, even read the weekly releases. Am I wrong?He doesn't concern himself with the series, yet there's enough emotional value, albeit negative, to read the series for his amusement while also arguing that he's "distanced" from it? It's a paradox - either you're interested in the series for other motives than what may have originally compelled you to follow it or you cannot find anything substantial to maintain interest and have let it go.

Once again: does it matter?

I told you I changed. How many times do I have to say it? I changed from "being upset and not wanting to care" to "finding it funny and wanting to continue reading for fun". That's all.

Even worse, we should turn her life into a manga adaptation and sell the rights to SP :chuckle:

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#16243 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:11 AM

What is new boys and girls? DBZ is on Toonami for those in the states interested in watching it.

#16244 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:12 AM

@4life: I just realized that after having been betrayed a second time in just a matter of months yet still wanting to cling to Sasuke that Naruto's persona was going to be portrayed as far too unbelievable to me. That betrayal should've been written as doing more damage than it did and forcing Naruto to forever question who he could ever really trust. But Kishi decided to keep Naruto far too naïve, far too ignorant and way too trusting. He basically made every character never learn from their past mistakes.

In all honesty, that was a bad idea of Kishi. Yes, I did enjoy the early part 2, but the focus of Sasuke from Naruto (at least after one arc) became insufferable. To the point I see him as two-face because how different he can be in focus. Him and Sakura. I know problems are problems, but it doesn't really make them a two-face. I don't know, like Kishi said by the end, it was frustrating. As time goes on, it was getting more and more forced than it needed to be.

If anything, the whole Sasuke focus should have been just been a side story or least focus, but instead, it was always the real focus. Berserk got away greatly because of circumstance and not for finding a lost friend, rather finding a guy to say, "I killed you and it felt great."

#16245 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:13 AM

"Finding it funny and wanting to continue reading for fun" is still an assignment of value to it, though. Hell! Technically, I'm not completely dissuaded from acknowledging anything related to Naruto. I've even discussed with Rocci and someone else about the fighting particulars of the two spawn. The detachment is strong enough, at least in my case, that it deters me from ever wanting to see the manga in front of my eyes again, but not to the extent where it's completely absent from my memory or interest. Does that make sense?

#16246 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

Once again: does it matter?
Even worse, we should turn her life into a manga adaptation and sell the rights to SP :chuckle:

That's a great idea :lulz:

"Finding it funny and wanting to continue reading for fun" is still an assignment of value to it, though. Hell! Technically, I'm not completely dissuaded from acknowledging anything related to Naruto. I've even discussed with Rocci and someone else about the fighting particulars of the two spawn. The detachment is strong enough, at least in my case, that it deters me from ever wanting to see the manga in front of my eyes again, but not to the extent where it's completely absent from my memory or interest. Does that make sense?

Okay. You can think what you want of me. I explained myself and I'm not interested to do it further :zaru:

#16247 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:28 AM

There is a lot of boredom tonight here.

#16248 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:30 AM

There is a lot of boredom tonight here.

Can you write another version of the Kishi interview? (The one he's jealous of his wife's ex-bf) That was a masterpiece and I want more :lulz:

#16249 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:20 AM

Who wants free food? :D

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#16250 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:24 AM

I'll never say no to free food :D

You and food XD

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#16251 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:25 AM

Can you write another version of the Kishi interview? (The one he's jealous of his wife's ex-bf) That was a masterpiece and I want more :lulz:

Well I've been in a bit of a depressed place lately, but I'll make you one tomorrow. I can't reject a request from one of our great Japanese fans after all.

#16252 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:25 AM

lol it won't help me with my training lately, but sure I'll have some as well I suppose.

#16253 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:31 AM

@ramen
My country block that site. So I think the same will happen with your country.
Since your country already implement its copyright law.

Which one? I used to read from mangapanda but I couldn't read from there again. I still don't know why. My friend tried that and could open that site. But I never tried mangafox or mangahere (too lazy to check :fu: )

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#16254 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:38 AM

Which one? I used to read from mangapanda but I couldn't read from there again. I still don't know why. My friend tried that and could open that site. But I never tried mangafox or mangahere (too lazy to check :fu: )

Check out this site: http://kissmanga.com/

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#16255 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:46 AM

Multiplying the sum total of all the novels comes out to $819,769.99. That's... Surprisingly good for a minor book series depicting events after the end of a declining franchise, especially since it's only the first week.  

last I checked, just because different volumes in a series add up to some big amount of money doesn't mean its selling good..... pretty sure it depends on a particular volume and how it sells, not all of them added together, if it did that that's like saying naruto never dropped in profits because that would mean the sales of 72 are meaningless and they succeed  and its the next big thing just because they got so many volumes with so much money added up  :sweat:  

Edited by ultranx, 12 April 2015 - 05:52 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#16256 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:10 AM

last I checked, just because different volumes in a series add up to some big amount of money doesn't mean its selling good..... pretty sure it depends on a particular volume and how it sells, not all of them added together, if it did that that's like saying naruto never dropped in profits because that would mean the sales of 72 are meaningless and they succeed  and its the next big thing just because they got so many volumes with so much money added up  :sweat:  

These are minor volumes intended to provide additional content/filler that explains what occurred between timeskips. I would agree with you if the content in question was a major promotion film like TL, but this is nothing more than padding for the series until the spin-off is released. Earning a cumulative total that nearly equals one million is a considerable milestone for what basically amounts to filler in book format. 

#16257 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:12 AM

Check out this site: http://kissmanga.com/

Thanks ^_^ Still fail :sweat:

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#16258 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:19 AM

@xpopuri
I use mangahere to read online manga.

#16259 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:20 AM

So in other words, these claims of unpopularity and lack of financial success are nothing but fabrications. 

pretty sure its not the amount of money that matters, its the amount of copies sold, and she was talking the amounts of copies sold in the first place and now you're acting like just because its a big sum of money it means its completely successful.....

Edited by ultranx, 12 April 2015 - 06:20 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#16260 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:28 AM

pretty sure its not the amount of money that matters, its the amount of copies sold, and she was talking the amounts of copies sold in the first place and now you're acting like just because its a big sum of money it means its completely successful.....

Did you not read my previous post? These books are little more than trivial non-canonical filler in between the significant events yet their earnings are almost a third of some of the previous films' final revenue. And no, the amount of copies sold alone is not what determines success, it's the profits earned as well that enables these authors and businesses to thrive. If we restricted the scope of success to your highly limited definition then these people may have been let off long ago since their products wouldn't be earning any money.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)