#141 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Mar 26 2012, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dr. Snakes....that's a hilariously cliche'd villain name. We must come up with a similarly cliche'd superhero name for Naruto..... The Amazing Red Fox?

Maybe we should make a thread about that? laugh.gif

The sage of the nine tails! Or Sennin of Kurama, something
Or the golden flash! cool.gif

ナルサク

#142 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Mar 24 2012, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait Im lost. how does Sakura killing a GIANT summosnn that had chunin and Jonin on the run in terror with one punch not matter because its somethign few others could do????

gonna have to explain that logic to me because thats like saying Narutos mastering the Rasenshuriken is not that big a deal because its something that NO ONE could do.

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Mar 24 2012, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IKR give sakura credit for the things shes done.

i also heard someone say, her healing someone isnt important cause its her DUTY?

thats like saying naruto beating someone isnt important cause its his DUTY as a ninja.

I meant that the point is that she beat it with ONE PUNCH so people will see that as awesome whether it is knocking the bug out OR killing it. I didn't mean it MEANT nothing. mellow.gif

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 24 2012, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They could done the same thing with Sakura- instead of diminishing it, they could have followed canon, then added more awed reactions from the witnessing ninja with comments about how she was the Hokage's apprentice, etc...

No one else was, they were fleeing in terror- including Chunin and Jonin ninja, and those ninja were absolutely stunned when she killed it in one blow. What she did was on the same level as Naruto's dispatching of an animal summon- and western readers just raved about how awesome that was, while Sakura's was ignored by them and diminished by Pierrot... They also ignored the impressive leadership actions of Sakura in a moment of supreme crisis and intense anxiety for Sakura- she saw Naruto had gone 6 tails and Yamato was away on a mission. Yet Sakura calmly is able to get the situation under control for everyone but Naruto, and have people that outranked her and were older than her follow her without any question. Pierrot could have have played that up, but they underplayed it instead. Sakura is the sole female main character and the story's heroine (by Kishimoto's own words), if any female character should have had filler that built her up even more it was Sakura...

YEAH so like I said People will see it as AWESOME even if she didn't kill it. It shows her strength, bravery, and clear head in dangerous situations, so the little details shouldn't be sweated over. smile.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 March 2012 - 09:03 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#143 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Mar 27 2012, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that is interesting, So This could be another possability of what Water boy found a couple of chapters back, if he found the location of this Shikkotsurin then it would make sense...It's either that or the first Hokages's DNA.

I totally forgot about Suigetsu! But yeah, the location of Shikkotsurin could be the gift the water boy was talking about that he wants to give Sasuke.

The essay also mentioned how Itachi was Yatagarasu and Sasuke is Tengu(born from god Susanoo)? They are both mythological birds, which I have no knowledge of what so ever tongue.gif

So in the end, we might see Sage Naruto fighting Sage Sasuke. Actually, if that is the case I'm quite happy! Sasuke deserves a Sage(Not Itachi).
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#144 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (narunarunaru @ Mar 26 2012, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So in the end, we might see Sage Naruto fighting Sage Sasuke. Actually, if that is the case I'm quite happy! Sasuke deserves a Sage(Not Itachi).

I will say this: please for the LOVE of all creation - NO!!! Sasuke has too many power-ups in the series as it is. Giving him a Sage mode will make things 100x times worse.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#145 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

No I really think the sages are the 3 animals - frog, snake and slug. The bird powers Sasuke and Itachi have are probably some Uchiha related stuff. Anyway how did Sasuke end up being linked with the hawk?

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#146 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 26 2012, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No I really think the sages are the 3 animals - frog, snake and slug. The bird powers Sasuke and Itachi have are probably some Uchiha related stuff. Anyway how did Sasuke end up being linked with the hawk?

The hawk is the symbol of a wise predator and the symbol of a God of War, or supernatural malice in general with superior intellect etc, which I get. But it can be a messenger too. I get the predator part, but I don't know why Sasuke would be a messenger. Also, hawks are associated with death and the passage of souls. Jus' sayin'.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#147 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:22 AM

Interesting to know. smile.gif Sources?

#148 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Mar 26 2012, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see how Sasuke "deserves" a sage..... He has the sharigan for crying out loud! argh1.png That's good enough for me. dry.gif

Agreed. Especially with how much the Sharingan has been boosted lately. The last thing he (or Itachi) needs is a freaking Sage Mode.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#149 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Mar 26 2012, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting to know. smile.gif Sources?

Dictionary of Symbolism: Cultural Icons and the Meanings Behind Them by James Hulbert and A Dictionary of Literary Symbols by Michael Ferber.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#150 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:46 AM

Thank You!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 26 2012, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will say this: please for the LOVE of all creation - NO!!! Sasuke has too many power-ups in the series as it is. Giving him a Sage mode will make things 100x times worse.

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Mar 26 2012, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see how Sasuke "deserves" a sage..... He has the sharigan for crying out loud! argh1.png That's good enough for me. dry.gif

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Mar 26 2012, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed. Especially with how much the Sharingan has been boosted lately. The last thing he (or Itachi) needs is a freaking Sage Mode.

Hell yeah!! Do you SEE that EMS? dry.gif Besides I want sage mode to belong to Naruto alone. Just toss in his own unique mass destruction jutsu And I'll be fine. wink.gif And when I say that I mean something wide spread Rasenshuriken seems more enclosed if you know what I mean. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Mar 26 2012, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Kabuto.

Sure, though I see him dying. maybe. headscratch.gif And I get this feeling Kabuto won't have a small, if any time limit for sage mode so..... yeah.

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 March 2012 - 02:52 AM.

#151 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Mar 26 2012, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank You!! smile.gif
Hell yeah!! Do you SEE that EMS? dry.gif besides I want sage mode to belong to Naruto alone. wink.gif

And Kabuto.

AboojTi.gif

#152 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Mar 26 2012, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The very idea of Kabuto being a sage disturbs me... sick.gif Of all people, it was him? hm.png What was the point of him being a sage anyways? A power-up....? sweat.gif

It makes sense. It shows that there can be evil sages too, and it also contributes to the idea of the students surpassing the masters. He was Orochimaru's right hand man and student, making sense that he in the end surpassed him in every way.

AboojTi.gif

#153 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 26 2012, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As in having a doctorate degree in a subject- yes. But as colleges and universities don't appear to exist (nor even middle or high schools) in Naruto's world, sensei is the best option in the circumstance. (The Academy is like an elementary school for ninja, while their time as a Genin could be compared to a sort of Middle School but more like a premodern apprenticeship. Becoming Chunin is like reaching the journeyman level, while becoming a Jonin means you've reached master level. (a good percentage of people who were apprenticed reached journeyman level, but only a few reached master level.)

Superfluous exposition remains superfluous.

#154 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:10 AM

I saw this, and had to post it here. heheelq7.png 111189.gif

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 27 March 2012 - 04:10 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#155 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Mar 27 2012, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It makes sense. It shows that there can be evil sages too, and it also contributes to the idea of the students surpassing the masters. He was Orochimaru's right hand man and student, making sense that he in the end surpassed him in every way.

Yeah and Kishi can't afford for Sasuke to completely turn evil now can he? If not how can he be redeemed? Therefore the award for the evil sage shall go to Kabuto.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#156 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 27 2012, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Mar 27 2012, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Mar 27 2012, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I didn't know Sasuke being a sage was this unpopular idea tongue.gif

It was just my wishful thinking, cause I thought it would be cool if the climax fight was between a perfect sage vs another perfect sage.
And sure, Sasuke did get a power-up but as of now, isn't Naruto much more stronger than him?
He might not be on Itachi's level yet(and no I don't want Itachi to take Sasuke's spotlight any longer).
I think Sasuke needs more power-up. Is it only me?

Edited by narunarunaru, 27 March 2012 - 05:29 AM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#157 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:38 AM

Any premonitions as to the next chapter?

#158 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Mar 26 2012, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw this, and had to post it here. heheelq7.png 111189.gif

Hahahahaha lol. 111189.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#159 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Mar 27 2012, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any premonitions as to the next chapter?

I predict Kabuto owning Uchiha brothers getting really pissed and then commiting suicide...as per the last three major battles Sasuke faught, Diedara blew himself up, Itachi killed himself because his brother was still too weak to finish the job, and Danzou also exploded...so I'm thinking it will follow cannon and Kabuto will be his own downfall.

Notice difference between Naruto and Sasuke, one talks the opposition to redeem themselves and die a hero's death and the other frustrates them and they die a cowards death.

Edited by harry4e, 27 March 2012 - 12:09 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#160 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 27 2012, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah and Kishi can't afford for Sasuke to completely turn evil now can he? If not how can he be redeemed? Therefore the award for the evil sage shall go to Kabuto.

Eh, not the reasoning that I was using exactly, but if you believe that Sasuke shall be redeemed, then I suppose that this logic works very well.

AboojTi.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users