Close
Photo

Who's starting to give up on NS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic

Poll: Who starting to give up on NS (160 member(s) have cast votes)

Are u giving up on NS

1. yes (5 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

2. no (151 votes [94.38%])

Percentage of vote: 94.38%

3. there's no pairing in Naruto's age group anyways (4 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

Vote

#141 KittenLou

KittenLou

I'm a kitty NOM:3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Just recently, I've become rather engrossed in the history and various concepts British Literature offers from the Romantic period, but that could just be because of my professor lol. Of course anime and manga are a given. =) And shows dealing with "otherworldly" things, like Supernatural and Ghost Hunters and, uh...

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:42 AM

Aw, Kyuu. sad.gif You sound so depressed.

Judging off Sakura's character, it would make sense if she avoided Naruto a little bit because of the small dispute they had in Tsunade's office (Naruto was being reckless and threatened to interrupt Shizune's investigation, and, though she was unaware of his reasons, Sakura was somewhat insensitive to Naruto about it). However, I wouldn't expect them to be separated for too long. If this happened, more than likely Naruto would be the one initiate conversation (and once again, inspire Sakura to become stronger). Of course, you're correct when you say it's merely a guess.

However, I don't expect Kishimoto to end his series with another couple just because it's the more popular one. He's mentioned that he hopes to end his series with two canon couples, one of them involving a requited love. As we all know, AsuKure was the first couple that was canonized in the series. Judging from the events of the manga, Kishimoto appears to be developing the NaruSaku dynamic into something more than many fans admit (it's one of those "reading between the lines" scenarios).
I'm not going to lie, I've been pulled back by my hair into disputes by other fandoms who continuously try and tell me that their specified shipment is going to happen, but they aren't generally the kind of people who absorb everything that they read in the manga: Sasuke's far away, and Sakura is spending far more time with Naruto than she ever did him, and as it currently stands, it's enough time spent to make her question her feelings toward Naruto. Despite the fact Naruto considers Hinata a friend, they haven't spent nearly the amount of time together that people would expect from a long, happy relationship beginning. Right, so it took three chapters for Naruto to understand Hinata wasn't a freak all along... and?

It appears to me that people aren't paying attention to the kinds of relationships Kishimoto gives to us: We have Tsunade and Jiraiya (unspoken, but definitely still there), and Asuma and Kurenai (I'm tempted to throw in Minato and Kushina, but we don't really know a lot about them). Aside from being adults (and Konoha ninja), what do all of these people have in common?

Time.

These relationships did NOT happen over night, or a matter of a couple of weeks. It took Tsunade about forty years before she finally admitted Jiraiya's impact on her heart. It took Asuma and Kurenai a couple years before they got married, in which it was implied they spent a lot of time together. When you also look at it, both of these couples knew each other. Is this how it is with NaruHina or SasuSaku? Do these girls and boys really know each other, do these boys really take the time to get to know the girls that crush(ed) on them? Are they as willing to spend time with these specific girls as they are others? The answer to each of these questions is "no".

Kishimoto's already told us what he looks for in creating relationships, and both SasuSaku and NaruHina are severely lacking in this qualities.

So, I don't think there's any reason to be concerned, but that's just me. smile.gif

also known as Crackers

#142 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:01 AM

Why would Kishimoto waste so much time on interaction above and beyond what he needed to so far, only to not have the manga end up in a NaruSaku?

He'd be shooting himself in the foot, literally.

The manga has maybe another 2 years of life left before it gets wrapped up (or gets stale and people lose interest) and considering how much development has happened so far in comparison to how much time is left, I don't see how Kishi-sensei could possibly give a convincing arguement for another pairing. Unless he pulls another timeskip out of his goodiebag and something happens off-panel... which would just kill his manga.

In my mind, when even Yamato was able to see how much Sakura cares for Naruto (after the kid went K4), that pretty much sealed the deal.

Keeping in mind that this is a shounen, we probably wont see any sort of consummation until the very ending chapters of the manga. Maybe not even until an epilogue of sorts, which is something Naruto will likely get, considering its popularity.

#143 Zack

Zack

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:30 AM

NO WAY I WONT GIVE UP ON THE PAIRING UNTIL THE VERY END, Believe It

#144 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:06 AM

But, what's to stop Kishimoto from doing a timeskip of some sort, and giving NH time? Which would be extremely cheap.

#145 KittenLou

KittenLou

I'm a kitty NOM:3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Just recently, I've become rather engrossed in the history and various concepts British Literature offers from the Romantic period, but that could just be because of my professor lol. Of course anime and manga are a given. =) And shows dealing with "otherworldly" things, like Supernatural and Ghost Hunters and, uh...

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:57 AM

Kishimoto wants to finish this series as quickly as possible, Kyuudaime; there's another series he's got planned out and wants to start on.
Also, with the way things have turned out, what's the point in adding another time skip to this series? Naruto has become five times stronger than he was at the beginning of Part II simply because he's come so close to mastering the sage arts. He's already given Sakura a cheat at training, which is her superb chakra control and intelligence; Sasuke's a prodigy with a Sharingan; Naruto has the Kyuubi; Shikamaru has an IQ of, what was it, over 200 (OVER 200! rawr.gif) ?

If Kishimoto wants to develop Hinata, that's fine, but it's not going to be by giving Naruto to her. She's so dependent on what he does - that is, motivate her - that she fails to see the potential she has without his image as her beacon to lean on. She stupidly listened to Naruto in her battle against Neji, almost getting herself killed in the process -- do you see where I'm going with this? I'm pretty sure Kishimoto realizes this himself, and, should he focus on her at all (which is a little doubtful), it would be to help her overcome her obsession with Naruto and use her own strengths of compassion and courage as means of becoming stronger.

also known as Crackers

#146 Zack

Zack

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Nov 21 2008, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishimoto wants to finish this series as quickly as possible, Kyuudaime; there's another series he's got planned out and wants to start on.
Also, with the way things have turned out, what's the point in adding another time skip to this series? Naruto has become five times stronger than he was at the beginning of Part II simply because he's come so close to mastering the sage arts. He's already given Sakura a cheat at training, which is her superb chakra control and intelligence; Sasuke's a prodigy with a Sharingan; Naruto has the Kyuubi; Shikamaru has an IQ of, what was it, over 200 (OVER 200! rawr.gif) ?

If Kishimoto wants to develop Hinata, that's fine, but it's not going to be by giving Naruto to her. She's so dependent on what he does - that is, motivate her - that she fails to see the potential she has without his image as her beacon to lean on. She stupidly listened to Naruto in her battle against Neji, almost getting herself killed in the process -- do you see where I'm going with this? I'm pretty sure Kishimoto realizes this himself, and, should he focus on her at all (which is a little doubtful), it would be to help her overcome her obsession with Naruto and use her own strengths of compassion and courage as means of becoming stronger.

I see wat u mean now that i think about it she does seem alitle dependent its almost like having a death wish

#147 Naruto_Sage

Naruto_Sage

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:22 AM

I'm starting to worry about narusaku not happening and I need some assurence or something

A LIVING LEGEND

#148 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:24 AM

Dunno, I stopped watching/reading Naruto.
Haven't heard of anything new...

#149 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (Naruto_Sage @ Feb 16 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm starting to worry about narusaku not happening and I need some assurence or something

it sill has a chance, nothing's set in stone, but it aint dead either

#150 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:45 AM

I beleive its far from being dead. Id say its in the lead.

Compairing what we have seen so far, and that we are in the middle of such a huge battle, I have a feeling it may be comming, but I could be wrong

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#151 Naruto_Sage

Naruto_Sage

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (Tahaji @ Feb 16 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I beleive its far from being dead. Id say its in the lead.

Compairing what we have seen so far, and that we are in the middle of such a huge battle, I have a feeling it may be comming, but I could be wrong

I know but hinata is starting to make me worry

A LIVING LEGEND

#152 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (Naruto_Sage @ Feb 16 2009, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know but hinata is starting to make me worry

Here's something, try saying "Irrelevant!" or "Unimportant" 3 times. tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#153 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 16 2009, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's something, try saying "Irrelevant!" or "Unimportant" 3 times. tongue.gif

Lulz!
Try saying 'toy boat' 3 times fast!

#154 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:30 AM

I'm really tempted to pull out my theory of how fictional romance work in my POV. But I'm not sure how that will pull off.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#155 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:45 AM

It would so crack me up if Kishi did a timeskip, and when we return, Naruto is Hokage and married to someone totally random... like Hanabi, Temari or even Ayame from the ramen stand. I'd love that ending to death, with a mental image of the thousands of fanboy/-girl faces from the NaruSaku and NaruHina-fandoms stuck firmly on my mind. God, that would be a great troll imo!

#156 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Feb 17 2009, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would so crack me up if Kishi did a timeskip, and when we return, Naruto is Hokage and married to someone totally random... like Hanabi, Temari or even Ayame from the ramen stand. I'd love that ending to death, with a mental image of the thousands of fanboy/-girl faces from the NaruSaku and NaruHina-fandoms stuck firmly on my mind. God, that would be a great troll imo!

I gotta admit, this would be the second best thing to happen in my opinion.

#157 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

I guess there are people who are giving up because there havent been alot of moments between the 2 but yeah kishi is just probably foucusing in the storyline right now and if naruto doesnt get captured i am sure there will be an opening for a NS moment so never fear people who are starting to give up hope! never fear!
Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#158 NaruSakuRedd

NaruSakuRedd

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Nov 18 2008, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Judging off Sakura's character, it would make sense if she avoided Naruto a little bit because of the small dispute they had in Tsunade's office (Naruto was being reckless and threatened to interrupt Shizune's investigation, and, though she was unaware of his reasons, Sakura was somewhat insensitive to Naruto about it). However, I wouldn't expect them to be separated for too long. If this happened, more than likely Naruto would be the one initiate conversation (and once again, inspire Sakura to become stronger). Of course, you're correct when you say it's merely a guess.

I think that the whole scene is very overrated, I can see why people might think Sakura was insensitive to Naruto's feelings, but the fact is that Naruto still needs to be rational about the situation even though I understand Jiraya was important to Naruto, but being reckless and wanting to interrupt Shizune's work to is just isn't the smart thing to do, it won't help him defeat Pain faster. That scene won't even affect Naruto & Sakura, it's all just fans' opinion.

Edited by NaruSakuRedd, 19 February 2009 - 09:43 PM.

#159 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (light.keyblade.master @ Feb 19 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess there are people who are giving up because there havent been alot of moments between the 2 but yeah kishi is just probably foucusing in the storyline right now and if naruto doesnt get captured i am sure there will be an opening for a NS moment so never fear people who are starting to give up hope! never fear!

Or if people are like me, it's cause of a dying interest in Naruto.
Besides, it's not like there have been NH/SS scenes lately, right?
Well, I wouldn't know.

#160 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

I don't give up on couples even if they will never be togtehr I'm stubern like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users