Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hi, 

I noticed something, once in a while the entire site's layout is pretty messed up.

Looks like a problem with the CSS but now I'm not sure if the problem is with me (cookies off the previous site that are interfering or smthng along those lines) or it's something on your side.

Just thought to let you know since this is the only site I've noticed it (so far) and since it's quite new...

Anyway when this happens it stays like this even after refreshing the page (multiple times) the only thing that seems to help is follow a new link within the site (for example: clicking on my profile link or on view new content) or open the site in a new tab even when using the back button I keep getting this messed up layout. 

here's an image: 

CSS_problem.png

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#142 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Hi, 

I noticed something, once in a while the entire site's layout is pretty messed up.

Looks like a problem with the CSS but now I'm not sure if the problem is with me (cookies off the previous site that are interfering or smthng along those lines) or it's something on your side.

Just thought to let you know since this is the only site I've noticed it (so far) and since it's quite new...

Anyway when this happens it stays like this even after refreshing the page (multiple times) the only thing that seems to help is follow a new link within the site (for example: clicking on my profile link or on view new content) or open the site in a new tab even when using the back button I keep getting this messed up layout. 

here's an image: 

CSS_problem.png

I was about to explain this to yeah sometimes the website format changes.

#143 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Yes, it's a little bug I haven't been able to narrow down yet, it just seems to happen randomly.  Like you said, clicking on the H&E banner or holding Shift while you press refresh (or Shift+F5) clears it up.

I'll see if any other IPB forums have had the same problem, hopefully a solution has already been posted somewhere.  :happy:

#144 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you super cute kaomoji emoticons!
If our members would like to use these and, of course, if staff approves... it would be nice to have some Japanese-styled smileys, IMHO.

What do you guys think?

4elRTYh.gif90FozzT.gifLwE1xav.gifHyDdFWL.gifDBPtaL2.gifnLa2sJ4.gifMbiXeu7.gifeSBsRMg.gifn4m2GTV.gifABv6FA7.gif
Itb3n4E.gift66joEL.gifn71uYZK.gifzCIxdfy.gifIexvzX4.gifQ3Jmblq.gifgI9koai.gifcxwVOrq.gifKcgebhv.gifjmqlwdb.gif

6G18xiv.gifF2gYMuR.gifZLJ5Lpo.gifO45E1H3.gifcylmNS7.gifkJyiBNc.gifAoVaEC2.gifxkJVbaz.gifUvfjfiC.gifWxenThS.gif

z4faAue.gifDp5r581.gifWzxTI9n.gifPs4F33m.gifx2HqEJ1.giftqu9cL2.gifByxx4vv.giffZEAzNK.gif04LqFzv.gif

ZPzCMur.gifBufOgn0.gifnAvUqTM.gif

#145 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

If our members would like to use these and, of course, if staff approves... it would be nice to have some Japanese-styled smileys, IMHO.

What do you guys think?

4elRTYh.gif90FozzT.gifLwE1xav.gifHyDdFWL.gifDBPtaL2.gifnLa2sJ4.gifMbiXeu7.gifeSBsRMg.gifn4m2GTV.gifABv6FA7.gif
Itb3n4E.gift66joEL.gifn71uYZK.gifzCIxdfy.gifIexvzX4.gifQ3Jmblq.gifgI9koai.gifcxwVOrq.gifKcgebhv.gifjmqlwdb.gif

6G18xiv.gifF2gYMuR.gifZLJ5Lpo.gifO45E1H3.gifcylmNS7.gifkJyiBNc.gifAoVaEC2.gifxkJVbaz.gifUvfjfiC.gifWxenThS.gif

z4faAue.gifDp5r581.gifWzxTI9n.gifPs4F33m.gifx2HqEJ1.giftqu9cL2.gifByxx4vv.giffZEAzNK.gif04LqFzv.gif

Awwwww :umm:

40283620121415711s.jpg

#146 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

What do you guys think?

Well, obviously we can't use the lot of them. Don't want to overcrowd the emoticons system after all :happy:

I'll sift through them later, and see if a couple of them can work ^^

#147 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Well, obviously we can't use the lot of them. Don't want to overcrowd the emoticons system after all :happy:

I'll sift through them later, and see if a couple of them can work ^^

I know what you mean... it took me forever to upload all 42 of them, lol. :pinch:
A few would be okay. Thank you, Sakura-san!

#148 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

I was wondering if something could be done about the size an image has to be to use it as an avatar. I used to be able to upload a moderate size image and the site would automatically shrink it down for me. Now, the images need to already be a certain size (150x150 works) otherwise you can't use them. It's easy enough to shrink them in MS Paint, but sometimes they get really pixelated when I do that. Is there a way to change this? If not, that's okay. It's not a big deal. :happy:

Edited by Slextrem, 28 May 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#149 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Forgot to mention: I sometimes get problems with formatting the text, like when I want to make text bolded it works while I write the post, but once it posted nothing happens. Just wanted to let you know.

#150 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

Really liking the new skin! Looks awesome! :D

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#151 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

So, whenever I go to any thread, it's all weird.  Everything's backed up to the left side of the screen and the borders indicating each member's posts are gone.  I wish I could take a screenshot to show but I don't know where print screen takes all of my screen shots...

#152 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,844 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

Was it similar to this:

Hi, 

here's an image: 

CSS_problem.png

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#153 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Was it similar to this:

YEP.  And I just noticed the posts by Torxe, rika, and Smiter's response to them.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 29 May 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#154 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

I was wondering if something could be done about the size an image has to be to use it as an avatar. I used to be able to upload a moderate size image and the site would automatically shrink it down for me. Now, the images need to already be a certain size (150x150 works) otherwise you can't use them. It's easy enough to shrink them in MS Paint, but sometimes they get really pixelated when I do that. Is there a way to change this? If not, that's okay. It's not a big deal. :happy:

I'll take a look at it this Friday/weekend by the latest.  :happy:  I haven't had a chance to fully explore the avatar upload settings, so I'll see what's changed as soon as I can.

Forgot to mention: I sometimes get problems with formatting the text, like when I want to make text bolded it works while I write the post, but once it posted nothing happens. Just wanted to let you know.

Hmm, what browser are you using, and have you tried checking the post is properly formatted by using the basic editor (light switch at top left of reply button)?  The bold tags look like this: 

[b]Bolded text[/b]

Does anyone else have this problem?

Really liking the new skin! Looks awesome! :D

Thanks!  :D   We definitely plan to make it look even more awesome with some tweaks and added NaruSaku.  :narusaku:

So, whenever I go to any thread, it's all weird.  Everything's backed up to the left side of the screen and the borders indicating each member's posts are gone.  I wish I could take a screenshot to show but I don't know where print screen takes all of my screen shots...

I'm currently going through support topics on the IPB website to find out if the refresh problem is isolated to this new skin, or if it's an IPB 3 problem in general.  Hopefully, I will be able to find the cause soon!

#155 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

A little late, but thank you for the update, Smiter! It is greatly appreciated.

As mainly a lurker, I do have a question, and I apologize if it has already been asked or if I am just missing something.  :sweatdrop:

Is there a "jump to this page" feature? After the update, I recall there being one, but it seems to have disappeared for me.  :huh:

tumblr_mxbjasXMEh1smr913o2_500.png

There was once a hero who flew too close to the sun.

His wings of wax fell apart and he plummeted to the earth...

#156 SkiesEagle

SkiesEagle

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and reading fanfiction :P

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

Hi, I have a little problem when I logout. At first, I log out and shut down my laptop. Then, I turn it on and went on this site and I notice my user account it still on. It not even completely log out. It the same thing with my mobile phone and the only thing to stay log out when I clear out every history, cookies, etc. Can you guys possibly fix that?

Kweh!~
Chocobos
chocobo narusaku2

#157 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

Hi, I have a little problem when I logout. At first, I log out and shut down my laptop. Then, I turn it on and went on this site and I notice my user account it still on. It not even completely log out. It the same thing with my mobile phone and the only thing to stay log out when I clear out every history, cookies, etc. Can you guys possibly fix that?

Did you log out from both your laptop and your mobile?  You could've still been logged into your cell while logging out from your laptop.  I have the same thing in my facebook.  I'm always logged in despite logging out from my laptop because I don't log out from my iPod facebook app

#158 SkiesEagle

SkiesEagle

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and reading fanfiction :P

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

Did you log out from both your laptop and your mobile?  You could've still been logged into your cell while logging out from your laptop.  I have the same thing in my facebook.  I'm always logged in despite logging out from my laptop because I don't log out from my iPod facebook app

Well, I log out from my laptop and shut down. I used my moblie to check in and log out again. Then I went back to my laptop it still active online which I don't understand since I already log out.

Kweh!~
Chocobos
chocobo narusaku2

#159 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:58 AM

I'm experiencing the same problem.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#160 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

I was wondering... sorry if it was mentioned before...

With the newest implementation... I'd like to know if I can edit some images, for example to see the whole code with [ img ] and everything.

When I first tried to use it, it told me it's not working.

Not to mention it's easier when you have to copy-paste something from a side to another...

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users