#141 Baguette

Baguette

だ る い

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (Baiken @ Mar 12 2013, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Sakura really were to become a Sage, that would be a sight to see. She has herculean strength and is pretty agile. Imagine all of that while in sage mode. As for how she could obtain Sage mode, I don't know. I was watching a recent chapter review by Sawyer, and him mentioning something about Sakura kind of caught me off guard. Basically saying how Hashirama's chakra control at such a young age reminded him of Sakura. Would that actually be foreshadowing that she's a descendant of the Senju clan? Ehhh. I don't know how I feel about that. Would it come off as an asspull? Though, I would prefer Sakura obtaining Sage this way than through a certain other alternative. Hint: Starts and ends with the first and last letters of Sakura's first name.

Star Crossed Lovers

#142 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

I came back home early just to read 624.

Why did I forget there is no chapter this week!? shamefulcry0js.gif

Edit: Since there is no new Chapter this week, the only thing that will cheer me up now is if there's an update of "wilderness" or "voice of the wind". wasntme.png

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 13 March 2013 - 12:31 PM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#143 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (ramenanmitsu @ Mar 13 2013, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I came back home early just to read 624.

Why did I forget there is no chapter this week!? shamefulcry0js.gif

Edit: Since there is no new Chapter this week, the only thing that will cheer me up now is if there's an update of "wilderness" or "voice of the wind". wasntme.png

th_glomp.gif Actually, I do have another chapter of "A Single Step" ready.... I was thinking of uploading it, so maybe.... biggrin.gif And I'd love to read more of "Wilderness" too!

I know, I was thinking there'd be a new chapter today too. I have a feeling the whole flashback arc will take a while, and this just adds one more week onto it!

#144 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Baguette @ Mar 12 2013, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Accurate summary of Naruto as of lately.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#145 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Mar 13 2013, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
th_glomp.gif Actually, I do have another chapter of "A Single Step" ready.... I was thinking of uploading it, so maybe.... biggrin.gif And I'd love to read more of "Wilderness" too!

I know, I was thinking there'd be a new chapter today too. I have a feeling the whole flashback arc will take a while, and this just adds one more week onto it!

Chapter upload for "A Single Step" !? YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS PPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE wow.png

I actually don't mind the flashbacks. The flashbacks are more enjoyable than the recent Naruto & Alliance VS. Tobi & Uchiha Madara fight, where there is this constant advertising/fan service of a not so important secondary character. sweatdrop.gif
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#146 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (ramenanmitsu @ Mar 13 2013, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chapter upload for "A Single Step" !? YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS PPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE wow.png

laugh.gif alrighty! it's up!

#147 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (ramenanmitsu @ Mar 13 2013, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually don't mind the flashbacks. The flashbacks are more enjoyable than the recent Naruto & Alliance VS. Tobi & Uchiha Madara fight,

Yeah, I feel the same way. The current time fight chapters since the good dramatic one of the Ino-Shika-Cho have been what was far less interesting for me, every flashback has been far more interesting to me than the current time battles.

Was thinking about the point someone else brought up a couple of chapters ago about the Haruno clan symbol being the same as the forehead symbol of Hashirama when he called on a jutsu. I think it does have a definite meaning. I don't think that the Haruno clan is closely related to the Senju, but my guess is they had a connection to the Senju very much like the Ino-Shika-Cho clans had to the Sarutobi clan.

I also find it interesting how Kishimoto has incorporated the real world history of ninja into his fictional world. Yes, there were real historical ninja villages. They also elected their leadership council from the elite members of the clans, and that leadership in turn elected the village leader. They were very (emphasis on very) loosely allied to various Daimyo. The Koga and Iga villages are the best known of the historical ninja villages, but there were numerous smaller ninja villages.

These villages are first noted in historical records in the Kamakura period (1185-1333), but certainly go back further. Back to the earliest historical records there are more scattered references to similar groups of independent families or possibly small village compounds, these appear to be the precursor of ninja. By the Kamakura period they had organized to full-fledged villages, and did indeed train and rank their ninja with the same three levels you see in Naruto: Genin, Chunin, and Jonin. There was also near gender equality in ninja villages.

Now, unlike in Naruto, the actual historical ninja rarely were involved in major battles- although it’s known the Koga and Iga villages did fight in battles alongside samurai in support of the Daimyo. (likely the smaller villages did as well). The pre Kamakura period proto ninja groups seem to have more involvement with actual battles and don’t seem to have ties beyond their own people. The historical ninja actually did far more spying for hire than fighting or even assassination for hire. (Both male and female ninja)

Kishimoto is now showing the prehistory of ninja villages in Naruto’s world. I love how Kishimoto has gradually revealed more and more of the pre chapter 1 history as the story has continued. (largely through the flashbacks). There’s always been far more to this manga below the surface- something readers were clued into early on when Kakashi tells a young Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke to “look underneath the underneath”. Indeed.

Hashirama’s flashback story is giving us a fuller image of the pre ninja village world than the brief references we've seen prior. This looks to be Kishimoto’s speculation about how those historical proto ninja families became ninja villages. Hashirama’s father is just as cold and brutal a man as Madara’s father. Young Hashirama is full idealism- wanting a better world and showing even at probably around 12 years old or so, the village system he initiated (as an adult) was already taking form in his head. I’m hoping we’ll also get a deeper insight on Mito and Hashirama’s meeting, and her choice to go with him and believe and support his dream.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#148 xerorains

xerorains

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

I agree with pretty much everything you just said. It's just that I don't find it interesting enough to curb my interest for what happens in the future. Like Post-Obito/Madara fight. I'm ready for the juicy stuff to start happening. The flashbacks just seem like a bid for time while Kishi plots out how he actually wants to end things.

The backstory is cool, but I think in this case, I'd rather just be told than shown. That's just my opinion, though.

#149 Mistraal

Mistraal

Sakura's Personal Theorycrafter

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Game Design, Writing, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, Video Games, Nerdity in all forms.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

*poke head in*

Any Sakura this week? No? Okie.

*leaves*

tumblr_mn7ior22z51qgap4ho7_r1_500.png

So THAT'S how it is!!!!

#150 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Mistraal @ Mar 15 2013, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*poke head in*

Any Sakura this week? No? Okie.

*leaves*

yea.....most likely no sakura for about a month...T^T

this has been a painful year for sakura fans...

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#151 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Mar 15 2013, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea.....most likely no sakura for about a month...T^T

this has been a painful year for sakura fans...

More like painful years. dry.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#152 Mistraal

Mistraal

Sakura's Personal Theorycrafter

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Game Design, Writing, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, Video Games, Nerdity in all forms.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Mar 16 2013, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I seriously lose all interest when she isn't involved. Entire arcs will go by and I'll just read the synopsis.

tumblr_mn7ior22z51qgap4ho7_r1_500.png

So THAT'S how it is!!!!

#153 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 14 2013, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I feel the same way. The current time fight chapters since the good dramatic one of the Ino-Shika-Cho have been what was far less interesting for me, every flashback has been far more interesting to me than the current time battles.

Was thinking about the point someone else brought up a couple of chapters ago about the Haruno clan symbol being the same as the forehead symbol of Hashirama when he called on a jutsu. I think it does have a definite meaning. I don't think that the Haruno clan is closely related to the Senju, but my guess is they had a connection to the Senju very much like the Ino-Shika-Cho clans had to the Sarutobi clan.

I also find it interesting how Kishimoto has incorporated the real world history of ninja into his fictional world. Yes, there were real historical ninja villages. They also elected their leadership council from the elite members of the clans, and that leadership in turn elected the village leader. They were very (emphasis on very) loosely allied to various Daimyo. The Koga and Iga villages are the best known of the historical ninja villages, but there were numerous smaller ninja villages.

These villages are first noted in historical records in the Kamakura period (1185-1333), but certainly go back further. Back to the earliest historical records there are more scattered references to similar groups of independent families or possibly small village compounds, these appear to be the precursor of ninja. By the Kamakura period they had organized to full-fledged villages, and did indeed train and rank their ninja with the same three levels you see in Naruto: Genin, Chunin, and Jonin. There was also near gender equality in ninja villages.

Now, unlike in Naruto, the actual historical ninja rarely were involved in major battles- although it’s known the Koga and Iga villages did fight in battles alongside samurai in support of the Daimyo. (likely the smaller villages did as well). The pre Kamakura period proto ninja groups seem to have more involvement with actual battles and don’t seem to have ties beyond their own people. The historical ninja actually did far more spying for hire than fighting or even assassination for hire. (Both male and female ninja)

Kishimoto is now showing the prehistory of ninja villages in Naruto’s world. I love how Kishimoto has gradually revealed more and more of the pre chapter 1 history as the story has continued. (largely through the flashbacks). There’s always been far more to this manga below the surface- something readers were clued into early on when Kakashi tells a young Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke to “look underneath the underneath”. Indeed.

Hashirama’s flashback story is giving us a fuller image of the pre ninja village world than the brief references we've seen prior. This looks to be Kishimoto’s speculation about how those historical proto ninja families became ninja villages. Hashirama’s father is just as cold and brutal a man as Madara’s father. Young Hashirama is full idealism- wanting a better world and showing even at probably around 12 years old or so, the village system he initiated (as an adult) was already taking form in his head. I’m hoping we’ll also get a deeper insight on Mito and Hashirama’s meeting, and her choice to go with him and believe and support his dream.

I'd be more than happy to reveal to you who noticed the haruno mark on hashiramas forehead and on narutos latest transformstion; it is I!!! biggrin.gif lol but seriously awsome post, I admire each and every one if em'!

Btw guys, didn't any one of you find it funny that in chp 573 sakura was shown wearing her skirt and boots, but when she arrived on the battlefield, she was wearing pants and sandals, makes you wonder if it was a mistake on kishi's side, or they just made stops every now and then, and thats why it took them days to reach naruto, gai and kakashi.

No manga this week, hmmm I hope next manga'll have a cover .....maybe some sakura on the cover too lol or maybe narusaku lol

Edited by Canadian_DJ, 16 March 2013 - 01:23 PM.

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#154 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Mar 13 2013, 05:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Accurate summary of Naruto as of lately.

More like Nothing is unique anymore. mellow.gif cool.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#155 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Mar 16 2013, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you got that right. the last cool thing she did was take down that zetsu clone, and even that wasn't enough....

and the last time she had a full convo with naruto was all the way in the summit arc >:U

dang...kishi give your heroine some panel time! i know she isn't sasuke or naruto, but she should at least be the 3RD most important character!!

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#156 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

YES, Is all I can say. smile.gif I completely agree

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#157 piinkfairymagic

piinkfairymagic

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Mar 17 2013, 03:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you got that right. the last cool thing she did was take down that zetsu clone, and even that wasn't enough....

and the last time she had a full convo with naruto was all the way in the summit arc >:U

dang...kishi give your heroine some panel time! i know she isn't sasuke or naruto, but she should at least be the 3RD most important character!![/b]

So true biggrin.gif especially the bolded part naruto the manga set up is suppose to go like this naruto (the hero and the protagonist),sasuke (the lancer and deuterganist) ,sakura (the chick,love interest and the tritagonist) and kakashi(the teacher and fourth most important character).But basically out of team 7 sakura gets hardly anything dry.gif and naruto the manga has been running for years,I know kishi said sakura is the most normal out of them but really your heroine needs a ability that only she has and that shows she is the most important female charcter.

That is why so many people believe she is not the heroine or don't deserve that spot because of she doesn't have anything unique to only her and that he has not shown her doing alot heroine things like she's suppose to.I have a good feeling that he's going to show her in that light doing something only she can do I hope it's like a very awesome healing base technique and fighting in combat showing them who's boss.

Also everybody on this site have really good points glad to be on NaruSaku side wub.gif

Look at chibi sakura isn't she just plain awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users