Close
Photo

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (2014)

fate stay night unlimited blade works fate zero

• Please log in to reply
1445 replies to this topic

#1421 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:49 PM

Thing is UBW and the Fate route are technically boring to an extent especially if you see it after Fate Zero since Fate Zero is suppose to be watch after due to characters from Zero are not necessarily mentioned at all nor are some events until the Heaven's Feel route but even so...not alot of things that we would have preferred happened...

I'm still waiting on that Heaven's Feel route tbh!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#1422 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 17 July 2016 - 01:16 PM

I take it that's the story that happens after Fate Stay Night.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#1423 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:13 PM

I take it that's the story that happens after Fate Stay Night.

Not like that....Ummm UBW. Fate and Heaven's Feel are FSN just different routes. It has a different heroine and several different events like who lives, die or who is important in that route especially Shirou's character.

Fate and UBW have a similar beginning until a certain point, they go in different directions, however Heaven's Feel is different all the way.

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#1424 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:13 PM

:hi5: Yes! You are the best!

Joui Four

#1425 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:32 AM

I bet your first exposure to fate series is fate zero.

Yes. I don't know whether I might've felt differently about Fate route and UBW and enjoyed them more if I had watched them first. I feel like I would have just gotten bored with the series entirely though.

Oh yeah, what's the status on that? Is there anything yet about when it's coming out?

I'm still willing to give Heaven's Feel a chance. I'm curious how it might differ from the other routes.

#1426 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:14 AM

Not like that....Ummm UBW. Fate and Heaven's Feel are FSN just different routes. It has a different heroine and several different events like who lives, die or who is important in that route especially Shirou's character.

Fate and UBW have a similar beginning until a certain point, they go in different directions, however Heaven's Feel is different all the way.

Oh I see that's interesting.. Well It'll be interesting to see then whenever it comes out. 

Anyway just thought I'd keep you guys updated that I am currently working on a review for Fate Zero, not necessarily recording wise but as far as getting my notes together go for the review.I'll probably record, edit, and have the review up sometime on Friday or Saturday. 

On the other insight, I just finished watching Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Season 1, and alot of you wanted to warn me about being disappointed.... Well not say Fate Stay/Night UBW is disappointing I guess different is the right word.. It's kinda got a different atmosphere to it. I feel like things were alot more darker in Fate Zero than they are with the sequel. By no means is it a bad thing, but it does feel a bit underwhelming at parts with what I've seen so far, but nothing to much for me to complain about.  Actually wait... I do have one little gripe, and it's the fact that Kiritsugu's dead in the show. It's just a little minor thing, but I would've loved to see him giving advice to Shirou. Idk I just feel like Kiritsugu was such an amazing character in Fate Zero, and taking him away in the sequel kinda takes away one of the many great things for Fate Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks, but that's just me. 

This might be me, but I think one of the show's biggest strength is the character interactions between Shirou and Rin. From the first episode all the way to the season 1 finale I could see alot of growth between them as characters and I'm not gonna lie the whole dating situation Rin planned out between herself and Shirou just made me laugh for that moment I guess I had my "pairing goggles" on going like I see something going on as well as a few other incidents within  Season 1.  I also really love the bond between Shirou and Saber I mean I loved Saber in Fate Zero, but seeing her in Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Bladeworks and the training they give to one another in making Shirou stronger was great.  Now the ending of Season 1 I'll be honest I didn't expect that to happen like holy kitten I mean things got crazy, but that ending to Season 1 though it was a great cliffhanger.   On other notes, Shinji is such a little punk I think he's annoyign as hell,  Castor's kitten,  Kirei is still cool to see him even if his role is reduced in the show. Then we get to Illya I mean that's the other thing I didn't expect like Kiritsugu's daughter man what the hell happened to her? i wonder if I missed something in Fate Zero, but that's not the path I thought she was gonna take, and I'm gonna make my assumptions that she'll play a bigger part in Season 2.... 

These are my thoughts on Fate Stay Night so far, I'll probably save my final thoughts on the anime when i reach the final episode. 

#1427 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:08 AM

@lucky chi
I bet your first exposure to fate series is through fate zero lol.
Fate zero has different feel because it's a light novel and made by gen urobutcher featuring most of the cast as adult compare to fate stay night teenager who feel like more to shonen and incomplete because you need to play all three branch scenario.

Anyway, fate zero is the prequel while the main series is fate stay night and the sequel for it is fate hollow atraxia.

Kiritsugu die because of the curse of the grail.

I always see that fate zero as "seinen" version of fate stay night that has more or less the same plot.

Edited by rocci, 19 July 2016 - 01:09 AM.

#1428 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:07 PM

Oh I see that's interesting.. Well It'll be interesting to see then whenever it comes out. 

Anyway just thought I'd keep you guys updated that I am currently working on a review for Fate Zero, not necessarily recording wise but as far as getting my notes together go for the review.I'll probably record, edit, and have the review up sometime on Friday or Saturday. 

On the other insight, I just finished watching Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Season 1, and alot of you wanted to warn me about being disappointed.... Well not say Fate Stay/Night UBW is disappointing I guess different is the right word.. It's kinda got a different atmosphere to it. I feel like things were alot more darker in Fate Zero than they are with the sequel. By no means is it a bad thing, but it does feel a bit underwhelming at parts with what I've seen so far, but nothing to much for me to complain about.  Actually wait... I do have one little gripe, and it's the fact that Kiritsugu's dead in the show. It's just a little minor thing, but I would've loved to see him giving advice to Shirou. Idk I just feel like Kiritsugu was such an amazing character in Fate Zero, and taking him away in the sequel kinda takes away one of the many great things for Fate Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks, but that's just me. 

This might be me, but I think one of the show's biggest strength is the character interactions between Shirou and Rin. From the first episode all the way to the season 1 finale I could see alot of growth between them as characters and I'm not gonna lie the whole dating situation Rin planned out between herself and Shirou just made me laugh for that moment I guess I had my "pairing goggles" on going like I see something going on as well as a few other incidents within  Season 1.  I also really love the bond between Shirou and Saber I mean I loved Saber in Fate Zero, but seeing her in Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Bladeworks and the training they give to one another in making Shirou stronger was great.  Now the ending of Season 1 I'll be honest I didn't expect that to happen like holy kitten I mean things got crazy, but that ending to Season 1 though it was a great cliffhanger.   On other notes, Shinji is such a little punk I think he's annoyign as hell,  Castor's kitten,  Kirei is still cool to see him even if his role is reduced in the show. Then we get to Illya I mean that's the other thing I didn't expect like Kiritsugu's daughter man what the hell happened to her? i wonder if I missed something in Fate Zero, but that's not the path I thought she was gonna take, and I'm gonna make my assumptions that she'll play a bigger part in Season 2.... 

These are my thoughts on Fate Stay Night so far, I'll probably save my final thoughts on the anime when i reach the final episode. 

Kirei role is expand a bit in the Fate route but not really a great moment but better than UBW, however in Heaven's Feel is where all his coolness is back lol

Due to FSN coming out first, Kiritsugu has been dead for those who knew of the Fate series before Fate Zero came out (For veteran, FZ was more like seeing what happened in the previous war because it was talked about in FSN) and Illya fate changes in each out but what happens to is explained in this route. Also take note! Saber's importance isn't really huge in this route or Heaven's Feel unless it's fighting

Goodness....I know too much lol

Joui Four

#1429 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:22 PM

Kirei role is expand a bit in the Fate route but not really a great moment but better than UBW, however in Heaven's Feel is where all his coolness is back lol
Due to FSN coming out first, Kiritsugu has been dead for those who knew of the Fate series before Fate Zero came out (For veteran, FZ was more like seeing what happened in the previous war because it was talked about in FSN) and Illya fate changes in each out but what happens to is explained in this route. Also take note! Saber's importance isn't really huge in this route or Heaven's Feel unless it's fighting

Expert.

#1430 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:43 PM

That's interesting I guess that's something I can keep in mind when the first Heaven's feel movie come out. 

Well that's true, I keep forgetting Fate Zero came out after the original Fate Stay/Night, but I can see it from that perspective. As for Illya that's a cool little thing about the routes situation.  When it comes to Saber I can see it too.

It's not a bad think to learn too much lol

Anyway if you saw the OTP thread it's no surprise that my new favorite ship (probably #7) is Shirou x Rin I think it's very well developed looking back at the beginnng of Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Bladeworks up to the very end especially when it came to the epilogue episode I thought it was a very touching ending.  So over all when it comes to the overall story of Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Bladeworks  I will say it was a little disappointing. I mean like rocci said Fate Zero's got a more seinen vibe to it, and Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Bladeworks has a more shounen vibe too it, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. It just means the tone is alot different when comparing it to Fate Zero obviously even though that's a prequel. I got to say I kinda gave Archer the middle finger in the beginning of the second season and then how things transpired with his death I mean I don't know what to say to be honest it was a touching death. I do feel that Illaya's death wasn't really too impactful since there was so much potential when it came to her and Shirou so that one felt a little odd, but at the same time because that's Kiritsugu's daughter and because we saw her in Fate Zero I did feel sad when her death happened.  Though, since Heaven's Feel is a different route in the Fate Series I have my suspicions that Illaya has a different role in when it comes to that. Though I will say the flashback of how she got to the point that she was by the beginning of  F S/N UBW was very interesting to me at least. The fight between Archer and Shirou was great, but not something I'd call Amazing if you will.  The fight between Gilgamesh and Shirou was an amazing fight to me even though Archer got like the final blow.  Kotamine's death felt kinda lackluster to me, and I guess it's because I watched Fate Zero first that's probably the reason. I was so glad that Castor got her ass handed to her cause man she was pretty annoying to me. I was upset that Shinji didn't die after what he did, but it's whatever. Saber's farewell was neat, but I feel like it should've been with Shirou instead of Rin. Though, i do like that she tells her to watchover Shirou and the same thing when Archer faded away as well.

So over all was it disappointing yes, but by any means was it horrible no.  If I had to give it rating Fate Zero would be an Amazing+ and Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works to be atleast gets a Great.     

Now all I got to do is wait for the first Heaven's Feel movie that's coming out next year, and see how that goes. 

#1431 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:43 AM

Quick yo.

#1432 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:05 AM

Expert.

:wow:

Joui Four

#1433 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:11 PM

Fate/Zero was great, definately, but UBW was largely disappointing as a follow up for me. You may still enjoy it though, I suppose it's more a matter of taste than anything.

First mistake is considering UBW to be a follow up of /Zero

It doesn't works like that

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#1434 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:16 PM

First mistake is considering UBW to be a follow up of /Zero

It doesn't works like that

Long time no see.

Yup, that's because fate zero doesn't branch like fate stay night.
Unless nasu decide to make a single story of fate stay night.

#1435 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:19 PM

Long time no see.

Yup, that's because fate zero doesn't branch like fate stay night.
Unless nasu decide to make a single story of fate stay night.

Hey, how have you been doing?

Yeah, F/Z is a prequel and UBW isn't it's follow up or it's sequel

UBW is part of the original story that gave origin to F/Z therefore expecting UBW, Fate or HF to be F/Z 2.0 is nonsensical

#1436 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:29 PM

Hey, how have you been doing?

Yeah, F/Z is a prequel and UBW isn't it's follow up or it's sequel

UBW is part of the original story that gave origin to F/Z therefore expecting UBW, Fate or HF to be F/Z 2.0 is nonsensical

I'm doing fine.

That's the streght and weakness of fate sn. It give you what if situation and screen time for other characters. But it will be harder to adapt into a single adaptation. The DEEN fate tried that and failed spectacularly.
Such is the nature of vn while fate zero is a light novel.
Fate zero itself use fsn as the basis of story albeit darker since it write by gen urobochi.

Heaven feel is the closest you can get to follow fz, imo.

Fate kalleid is the best lol.

#1437 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:12 PM

I'm doing fine.

That's the streght and weakness of fate sn. It give you what if situation and screen time for other characters. But it will be harder to adapt into a single adaptation. The DEEN fate tried that and failed spectacularly.
Such is the nature of vn while fate zero is a light novel.
Fate zero itself use fsn as the basis of story albeit darker since it write by gen urobochi.

Heaven feel is the closest you can get to follow fz, imo.

Fate kalleid is the best lol.

I don't think every route needs to be condensed into a single adaptation, each route should just be adapted and followed properly

I like Kaleid, the manga is cool, the anime has been somewhat underwhelming for me though

#1438 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:27 PM

I don't think every route needs to be condensed into a single adaptation, each route should just be adapted and followed properly

I like Kaleid, the manga is cool, the anime has been somewhat underwhelming for me though

Yup, I agree.

Yeah, it's a really cool manga considering that it just a goddam parody.
I don't really follow the anime, but it kind of understandable since they're not ufotable.

I can't wait for the next chapter.

I expect non magical girl will get upgrade in the form of using card.
Rin would get saber card.
Luvia either get berserker or rider card.
That Irish girl get lancer or berserker card.
Kuro will able to use ubw.
Tanaka will turn out to be the counter guardian of slash emperor.

Shirou ubw is so cool literally.

#1439 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:44 PM

You guys watching Kaleid too? Yes!

Joui Four

#1440 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:40 PM

You guys watching Kaleid too? Yes!

Yep, the manga is pretty cool

The anime is about to enter the best arc now too, hopefully they can tone down the loli fanservice a little

Edited by Nar123, 17 August 2016 - 08:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users