• This topic is locked This topic is locked
383 replies to this topic

#121 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:22 AM

It not a fake it was confirmed by three Translations and a couple of others. Not just one translator.

Two it does sound rushed, because it not the full script.

Three people need to relax, I would have had the same reaction.

#122 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:28 AM

Am I the only one who finds it kinda amusing other ships are saying we are sunk? XD The same people who disregard most manga proof of our pairing, none the less. Already they are twising Naruto’s words to say he doesn’t love Sakura anymore, when not too many chapters ago we had reaffirmation that he does. Hm, doesn’t make much sense.

Does getting angry at someone mean you no longer love them? Of course not. It is an insult to Naruto to think his emotions are so flighty. Naruto is angry at Sakura for not being true to herself. Is it too much of a stretch to think this scene shows Naruto worrying about her own feelings once again? Of course her words would upset him if they weren’t completely true, but he also wants to protect her feelings, which is why he is fighting her confession. He has a flashback of her loving Sasuke. He can’t erase this thought from his mind, even while she is confessing. This shows Naruto is still set with the past; he cannot bring himself to accept anything different. Sakura’s confession seems sudden, and he and Sakura are close enough that he can pick up on subtle behavior changes. He notices she is hiding something. Combine this with his ‘Sakura only loves Sasuke’ mindset, and you have complete disbelief of her words. She is trying to cover-up something, so these words aren’t true. That is what Naruto thinks. But if there is one thing Naruto has done the entirety of part II, it is assuming he understands Sakura’s feelings.

To me this is bringing out the major flaw for NaruSaku, which is Naruto and Sakura go to great lengths to protect each other from harmful things. But in turn they are not completely open and honest with each other. It is destructive to each of them and adds needless burdens upon them. They still aren’t able to get over this huge hurdle. They are both trying so hard to protect the other that they lose true honesty and sincerity.

Doesn’t mean they can’t overcome this flaw...which, if their relationship is of any importance, they will. happy.gif

#123 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:33 AM

^ Nope I find it amusing too. So agree, that doesn't mean that they don't love each other. Me and my sister get into fights all the time. but still care about each other deeply.

#124 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (ShadowWolf @ Oct 26 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HOLY BEJEEZEES! What just happened?!

What a conflict...<--(understatement of the year) I don't like these sorts of plot devices. Especially when they get unnecessarily over dramatic...It actually makes me kind of frustrated watching a couple who has to fight and separate from each other in order to reunite.

It just never made sense to me that so much grating tension and suspense could create an abundance of peace and harmony. I know NS has never been an extremely gentle pairing, but I never imagined it getting to this level.

a) This has to be fake! shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif
b)This has to be worded better (ie without all of the harsh accusation from Naruto) in the real chapter!
c)Naruto and Sakura need to work this out without really hurting each other!

I'm pretty confident that NS will happen at the end of the manga (why would he just trash all of this? And Kishi is a generally a "sunshines and daisies" sort of writer), however, I also believe we still have some sort of long and hellish warpath ahead of us as NSers. Nothing will be totally resolved until the very end. Two lovers can get together before the big battle, and then what? I can just imagine those cheezy romantic phrases right now...

"Naruto, with my friendship speeches and your power of love easily disguised as the will of fire, we'll defeat the darkness and evil within the foes before us!"
"Yes Sakura! I love you so much!"
"Me tooooo!"
(It is implied that Sasuke + Madara have heard these words and gone down.gif )

I want it to happen, just not now >.<
But I don't mind fluffy stuff! Like what's been happening up until this point! (Dating, Joking, etc.)

I looked at the spoiler picture (last page of the chapter) and when you look at the words and images it plays out gentler than the spoiler translations make it seem. Where Sakura says the line people seem to be having the most negative reaction to-

"why are you getting mad? I've just moved on from Sasuke to you...you know what they say, a woman's heart is like Autumn skies." ( Idiom, as in, very changable)

it looks like she's about to cry

Naruto's expression in the last panel isn't angry, he looks fairly calm and is just making a firm statement rather than yelling, the "bs" part is also overdone by the fan translator. That sort of thing has been an annoyance of mine for years in many manga and anime fandoms, fan translators throwing in swear words where they aren't actually there in Japanese. If you are going to claim your translations are more accurate than the official ones then stop throwing in vulgar English words where what is said is nowhere near as harsh.

Kuso and it's variant tenses is the actual word that bs compares to, if it's not kuso then the word is not anything like bs, it's something milder. There's no "kuso" in that word bubble.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#125 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Oct 26 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I looked at the spoiler picture (last page of the chapter) and when you look at the words and images it plays out gentler than the spoiler translations make it seem. Where Sakura says the line people seem to be having the most negative reaction to-

"why are you getting mad? I've just moved on from Sasuke to you...you know what they say, a woman's heart is like Autumn skies." ( Idiom, as in, very changable)

it looks like she's about to cry

Naruto's expression in the last panel isn't angry, he looks fairly calm and is just making a firm statement rather than yelling, the "bs" part is also overdone by the fan translator. That sort of thing has been an annoyance of mine for years in many manga and anime fandoms, fan translators throwing in swear words where they aren't actually there in Japanese. If you are going to claim your translations are more accurate than the official ones then stop throwing in vulgar English words where what is said is nowhere near as harsh.

Kuso and it's variant tenses is the actual word that bs compares to, if it's not kuso then the word is not anything like bs, it's something milder. There's no "kuso" in that word bubble.

I never actually thought about it that way, but thanks to opening my eyes to that! Now that I look at it, I do kinda see where you're getting at. But just to play it safe I'll wait til the actual chapter to make my wittle predictions >:)
OTP and my Bby

#126 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Oct 26 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It not a fake it was confirmed by three Translations and a couple of others. Not just one translator.

Two it does sound rushed, because it not the full script.

Three people need to relax, I would have had the same reaction.

I think everybody is relaxed. Nobody is jumping the gun here, you were the one telling people "OMG IS NOT FAKE."

But seriously, I don't think anybody is going nuts. This is a good time to be happy. >D

Edited by Cloud, 27 October 2009 - 02:55 AM.

#127 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 26 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think everybody is relaxed. Nobody is jumping the gun here, you were the one telling people "OMG IS NOT FAKE."

But seriously, I don't think anybody is going nuts. This is a good time to be happy. >D

It just to me it seems like that xddd.

#128 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:45 AM

A couple of people that tend to think pessimistically were freaking out, but most of us were calm and just examining it and actually cautiously optimistic. I'm confident narusaku will happen. I did think "ouch" when I first saw Sakura had done a confession- and what a muddled mess of one- poor Sakura she just doesn't do confessions well at all, the one she gave to Sasuke was even worse.

Kishimoto always makes a direct love confession a mistake though, and yep again it's a mistake. Naruto takes it all wrong, and how ironically he thinks she's joking around with him, the very thing it's pretty clear Sakura thought Naruto was doing to her in the first part of part 1. She thought he was pranking her to cause problems with her attempts to get Sasuke's attention, because all Naruto ever did was play pranks and make it clear Sasuke was his rival. She thought she was a target of Naruto's pranking because she had a obvious crush on Naruto's rival. She certainly didn't think any boy would think she was attractive.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#129 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:53 AM

Well this news sure is pretty good to see and I am optimistic that it will turn out well.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#130 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:21 AM

Alright, I started off practically losing faith in NS, and thinking its over : ( Obviously this was stupid.

It seems Sakura has a goal in mind. She wants to make Naruto happy, and to lift his pain and feeling of responsibility, she even becomes physical once again by hugging Naruto and romantically telling him that she feels at peace when she touches him like that.

So Sakura does really love Naruto, but this was probably the worst way she could have chosen to tell him. She acts like shes just another person in the village that loves Naruto ( nothing special), then she kinda makes it sound like Naruto is Sasuke's replacement.

Why is Naruto mad? Well I would say because if there is one thing Naruto despises alot in the world, its for him to see a friend completely change themselves in an almost superficial way, becoming someone different, someone weak, not sincere. Naruto loves Sakura, but he doesn't want Sakura to just give up on Sasuke because apparently he wants to bring Sasuke back and then let Sakura choose who she loves. Plus, this is kind of a surprise for Naruto, I mean, the last time he saw Sakura, she was crying for Sasuke, now she couldn't care less. Naruto is watching his friend, the person he fell in love with, someone he understands more than anyone, suddenly change and become a whole new person. Well Naruto doesn't want a new person, he wants Sakura. But come on, she goes from crying for her friend Sasuke, to pretty much saying, " come Naruto, we just need each other, Sasuke can go screw himself, I only want you, I no longer care or feel anything towards Sasuke ", Naruto just watched who he thought was a caring and loving friend completely turn her back on someone he thought she cared about. How could Naruto of all people respect this. I mean, the very threads and reasons Naruto loves Sakura, because she is just like him, she cares just like him, she is determined in all she does just like Naruto, to see all that totally change in one moment, this could definitely bring Naruto to anger, he doesn't want Sakura to make this kind of mistake, he wants Sakura to be like him, to be different from others, to be that girl he fell in love with.

Does Sakura mean what she says, or is she really lying, confused, or just fangirling for Naruto? Well, Kishi for one has been building this relationship for a while. In fact he has been building the relationship from the perspective of both characters for a long time now. This is the only couple in the story ( other than Asuma/Kurenai ) that actually has feelings of love coming from both sides. Kishi let us know that Sakura has been getting a more gentle, rather romantic side towards Naruto since the start of shippuden. We of course know of Naruto's feelings for her. I don't believe Sakura is lying about loving Naruto, but the context she put it in kinda made it less personal.

Has Sakura's desire to take Naruto's pain away blinded her from her love for Sasuke? I wouldn't say she actually is in love with Sasuke, but I think she is blinded for the care she has to protect a friend. I believe Sakura really is in love with Naruto, but in an attempt to spare Naruto any pain she has pushed out the importance Sasuke played in her life.

The bottem line. Naruto and myself want the real Sakura, not one that would turn her back on a friend. Granted, I totally despise Sasuke and all but I see where Naruto is coming from. He doesn't want a shallow love built on a lie, he wants Sakura to truly love him from the bottom of her heart ( haha, even though she actually said that ), he wants her to be real with him, and to be like him.

K guys, look foward to NaruSaku. Oh and think about this. NaruSaku going canon completely may take away from series romantic moments a lil later on, maybe this is Kishi's aim, oh well, I'm looking foward to see how Sakura plans to show her true feelings.

NS FTW

#131 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:19 AM

O.O Jeez, I can understand the uneasiness but one side has broken out into panic attacks and the other is saying that we're getting air support from F-22 raptors. It's just a manga; hasn't anyone else noticed the fact we still have at least until thursday until the damn thing is even translated?
Then we can analyze facial expressions and whatnot with the military metaphors.

For me it seems too...sudden. I like it don't get me wrong, but the only way this looks like it'll work out is if it plays out. I need to see the manga for myself in order for me to truly make an opinion. It's a countdown clock now for pairings and 470 would have to be a "How can I prove myself" moment for Sakura because it seems like this is slightly unsympathetic or totally truthfull. Plus it's safe to say that Kishi is a master of suspense.

Evidence first then we can move on; and hopefully instead of F-22's we can back it up with something better, I'm thinking a Gundam. And not the sissy ones from Seed, something like the GP02 from 0083. Something with a nuke bazooka aimed at the combined fleets NH and SS at the same time.

#132 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Oct 27 2009, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Something with a nuke bazooka aimed at the combined fleets NH and SS at the same time.

#133 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:40 AM

I decided to do a super short fanfic prediction on 470.

Naruto: Sakura-chan I know your lying because I disguised myself as Sasuke on a bench with you. rawr.gif

[Naruto says to himself, oops maybe I shouldn't of said that to Sakura-chan.]

Sakura: Whhaaat! :verymad: sakura.gif

[Sakura is about to punch Naruto in the face but catches herself, realizing:]

Sakura: Wait, so that means I never really was in love with Sasuke in the first place, If what you said is true Naruto, then those words came from you, which means I was always in lovve with youu NARUTO! narusaku.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 27 October 2009 - 05:50 AM.

#134 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 27 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Win! a_thumbs.gif

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#135 elmonoloco

elmonoloco

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:14 AM

Damn, people are shredding Sakura's reputation apart in other forums, even though she's not real I sorta feel bad for her lol. It's also sorta sad some of the lengths people will go to dimiss her confession.

Maybe someone should make a thread where we just post some messages by members of other forums and laugh at their desfunctional judgment, cause honestly, it feels like the Naruto world just exploded. lol

People don't even make a bigger deal about some of the awesome fights as they do with the pairings lol

#136 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:14 AM

Damn, people are shredding Sakura's reputation apart in other forums, even though she's not real I sorta feel bad for her lol. It's also sorta sad some of the lengths people will go to dimiss her confession.

I agree it is kind of sad at how people will go.

For me it seems too...sudden. I like it don't get me wrong, but the only way this looks like it'll work out is if it plays out. I need to see the manga for myself in order for me to truly make an opinion.

What 400 + chapters of devoyploment is to sudden?

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 27 October 2009 - 07:17 AM.

#137 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Oct 27 2009, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What 400 + chapters of devoyploment is to sudden?

400 chapters of development is important but it could also fly out the window, the confession itself in the spoiler translation is too sudden. Unless it's false or I see the chapter for myself I won't really know if she's saying it out of desperation to stop him for keeping the promise or if she really means it.
Development says she loves him, but this either is A) going to play out longer in traditional Kishi prank style with everything equal from before; B) end NS and make the naive minds of children win; or C) We have canon but it's going to be awhile.

Though it does seem OOC, didn't Gaara say the word 'awesome' one or two chapters ago? Nothing is out of bounds.

#138 TheVileOne

TheVileOne

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Anime, professional wrestling, movies, acting, film criticism, exercising, DVD collecting.

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:44 AM

Guys chillax. Let Kishimoto tell his story. This isn't the end of the story. You guys were setting yourselves up for disappointment because it didn't happen the exact way you imagined it.

Joe Is Gonna Kill You.

#139 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Oct 27 2009, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
400 chapters of development is important but it could also fly out the window, the confession itself in the spoiler translation is too sudden. Unless it's false or I see the chapter for myself I won't really know if she's saying it out of desperation to stop him for keeping the promise or if she really means it.
Development says she loves
him, but this either is A) going to play out longer in traditional Kishi prank style with everything equal from before; B) end NS and make the naive minds of children win; or C) We have canon but it's going to be awhile.

Though it does seem OOC, didn't Gaara say the word 'awesome' one or two chapters ago? Nothing is out of bounds.

To me it not OOC it shows their progress, as a character.

I doubt it a prank style thing.

So he would just throw NaruSaku out the window for a less developed pair? Even Kishimoto is that bad of a writer.

Guys chillax. Let Kishimoto tell his story. This isn't the end of the story. You guys were setting yourselves up for disappointment because it didn't happen the exact way you imagined it.

Exactly, I have always had a thought that it would play out like this.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 27 October 2009 - 07:50 AM.

#140 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Oct 27 2009, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
him, but this either is A) going to play out longer in traditional Kishi prank style with everything equal from before; B) end NS and make the naive minds of children win; or C) We have canon but it's going to be awhile.

To me it not OOC it shows their progress, as a character.

I doubt it a prank style thing.

So he would just throw NaruSaku out the window for a less developed pair? Even Kishimoto is that bad of a writer.

Exactly, I have always had a thought that it would play out like this.

Uh, do you mean ISN'T that bad of a writer or IS? And I agree with the other guy, in the end it is just a manga series.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users