169 replies to this topic

#121 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:17 PM

db isnt smart at all, if anything he's mentally ill for stalking this forum 2 years after the manga end, acting like a neutral fan and giving us "advice" 

Stop it !! I'm running out of likes :twitch:

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#122 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:29 PM

Well either way, I'm only thinking that Anthony isn't among one.

#123 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:41 PM

Well either way, I'm only thinking that Anthony isn't among one.

I just mean if he's worried about negativity, well naruhina is kinda a negative topic in the first place, since it was part of the ending, and since plenty of people dislike naruhina and or hinata. if he wants to avoid negativity its best to look for a topic not related whatsoever to anything in the ending honestly.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#124 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:56 PM

I just mean if he's worried about negativity, well naruhina is kinda a negative topic in the first place, since it was part of the ending, and since plenty of people dislike naruhina and or hinata. if he wants to avoid negativity its best to look for a topic not related whatsoever to anything in the ending honestly.

I think it's fine to talk about it but always be respectful to others. If you don't like it, just ignore it. I guess you can say he should be aware that there are people that are very sensitive about it, which is a fair warning. I just think it's ok to talk about it so long you respect everyone.

#125 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:48 PM

He's brought several facts across the few pages this thread has garnered but you still try to put him down. No, I am not nicely whatever agressive; I speak my mind so excuse me if I made you feel like that towards me.

You obviously are here to talk ns, so was I but! You guys are a bunch of negativists whenever SS&NH pop up. Just discuss them, no need to bring out forks and torches.

Like nh & ss don't do that too.

This is the nature of shipper. They're come from many type and db is just a troll.

And what fair point does he bring?
That naruto is the best manga simply because of the popularity.

People already shat this manga long before the ending.

#126 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:04 PM

thanks for trying to defend or accuse me peeps, loving you all equally!

hey rocci, how about we live in peace and discuss everything there is about this manga like civilized people? As far as I am concerned, he hasn't insulted anybody (screw you if you did dbx) and had tried to keep it clean. Come on, we shouldn't care this much about the ending; and if so, we could talk about it no problem. We like bad characters drawn in a bad manga by a bad mangaka, am I right?

Edited by Anthony, 10 May 2016 - 10:05 PM.

#127 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:50 AM

@anthony

I always debate in civil way.
He doesn't insult anybody but he's a troll from mangafox forum.
I don't give a kitten about this manga only NS is my last tied in with this manga.
And I will care or not care is my business.

What anti naruto people talk long time ago is right. This manga become kitten.

So what's his fair point again?

I can like a bad manga with bad character and story, but I will still call it bad manga.

Edited by rocci, 11 May 2016 - 12:52 AM.

#128 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:51 AM

@ Anthony

Agree, follow Naruto weekly and its fandom is one of my guilty pleasure for years.  :chuckle:

#129 Legend054

Legend054

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:34 AM

you are not being biased at all, i actually respect that you are trying to see the perspective from the other side; why naruhina make sense. the thing is those grandiose moments he had with hinata were just  too outnumbered by the moments he had with sakura and sasuke. i really don't see why it would make sense for naruto to end up with hinata especially since he pretty much ignored her throughout the entire story and couldn't see her as more than a friend. there was just not enough screen time between them and it clearly was not the focus until the war arc or neji's death where it started shifting slowly to naruhina's favor. the sakura hug after the pain battle was more grandiose than hinata's little confession. 

1wocs1.gif

#130 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:33 AM

@Legend054
NS demmed as threat by SNS fandom because one of NS main narative is Sasuke banisment. General fans want Sasuke redem, and other reason Sasuke is otaku self insert while Hinata is fujoshi selft insert.

#131 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:36 AM

@Legend054
NS demmed as threat by SNS fandom because one of NS main narative is Sasuke banisment. General fans want Sasuke redem, and other reason Sasuke is otaku self insert while Hinata is fujoshi selft insert.

NS is less about banishing Sasuke and more about focusing on Naruto and Sakura. That's a big reason it's in the minority. 

And to be honest, the general fans were the ones who left the fandom first. All the rest of the fans who continued following Naruto had a vested interest in some aspect of the story. Be it through a favorite character or a favorite pairing, or just wanting the story to end a certain way.

I definitely agree with you on all the self inserting by the fandom though, especially concerning Sasuke and Hinata.

#132 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:28 AM

NS is a threat for nh, ss, and narusasu.
That's why many fan hate us aside the hate to sakura herself.

The only one who want sasuke banishment is naruto fan. The other doesn't care with him.

It's naruto who's otaku self insert since sasuke is the cool popular kid who otaku jealous off and Hinata is not fujoshi self insert. Fujoshi is represent by sakura who ironically fujoshi themselves hate.
And nh is every otaku wishful pairing because they demand a girl like Hinata to come open her leg for them. So you need to get your fact right.

Edited by rocci, 24 May 2016 - 03:36 AM.

#133 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:23 AM

@ Blackbird19
General fans is easy in and easy go but they was majority in fandom, thats why I said Naruto fandom consist of kid and preteen. Naruto always manage to get new kid but lose them when they became adult, thats the secret Naruto still in WSJ top spot for 15 years. Most NH and SS just follow Naruto out of guilty pleasure, we knows in the end Naruto will follow kids and preteen fans want.

@ Rocci
Just saw current Naruto fandom, it full kid and preteen. Suit with current Naruto theme.

Edited by db84x, 25 May 2016 - 02:24 AM.

#134 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:56 AM

@ Blackbird19
General fans is easy in and easy go but they was majority in fandom, thats why I said Naruto fandom consist of kid and preteen. Naruto always manage to get new kid but lose them when they became adult, thats the secret Naruto still in WSJ top spot for 15 years. Most NH and SS just follow Naruto out of guilty pleasure, we knows in the end Naruto will follow kids and preteen fans want.

@ Rocci
Just saw current Naruto fandom, it full kid and preteen. Suit with current Naruto theme.

I gotta disagree with you on the general fans. Naruto drew in a lot of fans between 2004 & 2009 but the numbers started steadily declining after 2010 because the general fans started leaving at that time. WSJ's circulation numbers have also been in a steady decline for quite a few years. Meaning that they are not replenishing their numbers with new readers, (the internet and declining birthrates and population are a big reason for that). 

Also, just because Naruto stayed in ToC top 10 for most of it's run doesn't mean it kept drawing in new fans. And just because WSJ is the most successful manga magazine doesn't mean Naruto stayed in top 10 of all the manga during that time. The bulk of the Naruto fandom is made up of long time readers who either grew up with the manga or have 4+ years invested in it. The only series that shows the numbers to say they consistently draw in new fans for WSJ is One Piece.

Edited by BlackBird19, 25 May 2016 - 04:04 AM.

#135 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:10 AM

It seemed Naruto just lost its "magic" after the Pein ark. Like, Kishi just didn't care about it anymore, but he didn't want to stop either. Really, Naruto could have been 200 chapters shorter, but because of Kishi's beloved flashback chapters and a bunch of other pointless stuff nobody really gave a damn about, it just dragged onto the point people lost interest. Like, the stuff that happened prior the the Pein Ark I can still enjoy. I'm actually re-watching part one on Netflix, and I'm going to watch the English dub of Shippuden. Everything prior to the Pein ark is easily a 9.5 out of 10 for me. However, everything after that is just...Nopevill or Nope central. Just nope in general.

Part of me has to wonder, though...is Kishi REALLY happy with the ending he gave Naruto, or does he have trouble falling asleep at night? Because personally, even if I'm writing a fanfiction for myself, and I give it some half-ass BS ending, I can't fall asleep without it popping into my head and keeping me up. 

#136 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:49 AM

It seemed Naruto just lost its "magic" after the Pein ark. Like, Kishi just didn't care about it anymore, but he didn't want to stop either. Really, Naruto could have been 200 chapters shorter, but because of Kishi's beloved flashback chapters and a bunch of other pointless stuff nobody really gave a damn about, it just dragged onto the point people lost interest. Like, the stuff that happened prior the the Pein Ark I can still enjoy. I'm actually re-watching part one on Netflix, and I'm going to watch the English dub of Shippuden. Everything prior to the Pein ark is easily a 9.5 out of 10 for me. However, everything after that is just...Nopevill or Nope central. Just nope in general.

Part of me has to wonder, though...is Kishi REALLY happy with the ending he gave Naruto, or does he have trouble falling asleep at night? Because personally, even if I'm writing a fanfiction for myself, and I give it some half-ass BS ending, I can't fall asleep without it popping into my head and keeping me up. 

I really doubt it. He just admitted in a past interview, when ask about continuing Naruto, that he was tired and wanted to rest. He is actually happy moving on from Naruto. He went to Hawaii and has a third kid already despite his wife being a NS supporter. He just signed his right away to SJ and moved on. He's only "supervising" the Boruto manga. With a fanbase like Naruto's, anyone would happy to distance themselves further from this franchise. 

Edited by NeonRanger, 25 May 2016 - 09:49 AM.

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#137 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:27 PM

Hey you back neon.

#138 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:57 PM

Hey you back neon.

I had an exam  :sad: . Overall a C+ (79) in Algebra. But the time I had to study for was depressing because I earned an 84 for the final. I felt that I wasted time. After that, I just took a break and relaxed in my dorm for the week. 

Edited by NeonRanger, 25 May 2016 - 09:13 PM.

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#139 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:31 PM

I gotta disagree with you on the general fans. Naruto drew in a lot of fans between 2004 & 2009 but the numbers started steadily declining after 2010 because the general fans started leaving at that time. WSJ's circulation numbers have also been in a steady decline for quite a few years. Meaning that they are not replenishing their numbers with new readers, (the internet and declining birthrates and population are a big reason for that). 

Also, just because Naruto stayed in ToC top 10 for most of it's run doesn't mean it kept drawing in new fans. And just because WSJ is the most successful manga magazine doesn't mean Naruto stayed in top 10 of all the manga during that time. The bulk of the Naruto fandom is made up of long time readers who either grew up with the manga or have 4+ years invested in it. The only series that shows the numbers to say they consistently draw in new fans for WSJ is One Piece.

The people that are the general fans are people that casually watched the anime when it was on the air. In japan the means they were always getting new fans. Until the ending. But for the us it peaked here in the 2004-2009 for two reason that's when it was on a primetime for kids to watch, and there was a drought in kids shows during those years so it was the best cartoon on during those years. After those years it slowly went to the back end of adult swim and the cartoon drought ended ad kids started getting shows like avatar. Most general fans left when toonami ended. If there are any twelve year old fans in the us they are the youngest that still remember Naruto but most are in the 30-16 range with most of the older generation being more obsessed with Dargonball Z then Naruto. Even if they stayed they watched/read online for free and have no reason to purchase either the manga or the anime. The only thing that may have brought in money or new fans were the videgames and those are done as well.

The Toc is useless for a simple reason "does everyone that purchases the weekly manga vote in those polls?" No it is most likely the same people every week that send in the same vote. The toc is basically worthless in seeing how many fans there actually are.

#140 Legend054

Legend054

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:05 AM

i agree, everything started going downhill slowly after pein arc. the war arc is where they actually messed up a lot things; naruto suddenly becoming OP as hell, sasuke becoming a good guy, legendary ninjas coming back from the dead (not so legendary anymore), kaguya's random appearance which wasted a lot of chapters that could have been naruto and sasuke's final battle, naruto's stupid reason to save sasuke ruined the long anticipated battle, and of course the ending. 

1wocs1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users