Close
Photo

My Final Realization Of What bothered Me About The Naruto Manga

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#121 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:05 PM

Merchandise for Naruto always seem like I'm buying an otome based franchise.

That bad, huh?

#122 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:09 PM

That bad, huh?

I don't know. It feels like that. I was a bit shocked to see a Hinata figure. I was like "Is this the first?" Yeah, I know it's her but still. I think it wasn't like that for part 1 products but I guess part 2 made it more towards girls?

#123 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:41 PM

I do know that it appears to be largely thanks to popularity that Vegeta is still active in DBZ. Unfortunately, that same benefit doesn't appear to extend to Gohan, Trunks or Piccolo. What an odd coincidence that is. Naruto in certain regards is similar.  

#124 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:08 PM

I hate that some people say we misread it that is just like giving a person a middle finger and then laughing in their face, me we shouldn't care we look and Naruto is dying. True right now its slow as you still have the Hinata lovers who see that Hinata can never do any wrong when Neji had to die for NH to happen and how bad a mum she is, I mean she is the only reason why some are still watching it.

Me moved onto better anime and better manga that have a better way to tell a story in which the hero unlike Naruto knows their limnits and does not use woman as a pissing contest and well when a friend goes evil for the wrong reason ends them and not cry like a baby like Naruto did.

And that is what I hate the fans who keep going on and on that the bound with Naruto and Sasuke was just so good, well to me it was not Sasuke was a kitten to all around him even his own team, always thinking that he was better than everyone else and that he suffered more than anyone which made me more pissed.

I mean we all need to face it if Sasuke done something that was going to end the world and the only to stop it was to kill him well then the world would be kittened as we know that Naruto wouldn't not do that to his only friend he would let everyone die than just one.

so yeah I have to say Naruto is the worst Hero ever and should never of become Hokage.

Now I'm off to watch a real hero save the world Buffy :D

Well said man that's how I feel to. Me I have found better thing than Naruto like Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan, Hellsing, Claymore, Soul Eater, Black Lagoon, Full Metal Alchemist, getting back into Dragon Ball, Yu Yu Hausuko, One Piece. Those have real Heroes and stories and better villains and message example of better villains Zeref and acnologia form Fairy Tail Zeref is so sympathetic and Acnologia is like Kefka wanting nothing but to destroy everything, or Sensui from Yu Yu Hausko the best villain next to Torguro in that series or the major from Hellsing.

I restate me Steve and Bucky about Naruto and Sasuke and hell Natsu and Gray are better than those two or Wolverine and Cyclops form X-Men. I think Naruto and Garra suffered more than anyone in the series. Sasuke was just a whine kid who never got his way and made his pain the main focus, that pisses off that a subplot took over 60-80% I guess of the plot.

#125 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:08 PM

@neon
I agree with you.
I think he thought since sakura is heroine, she will manage to be the most popular female character like say nami.

He forget that there's time when main character is not that popular.

#126 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:16 PM

He also forgot that heroine does get development or get spotlight with dialogues.

#127 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:29 PM

He also forgot that heroine does get development or get spotlight with dialogues.

He forget that even if kakashi is popular, it doesn't mean that he should get reduce screen time. He could add more scene with naruto and sakura.
Man, this guy truly doesn't have plot.

Yup, especially heroine like sakura who design to be dislikeable and an ordinary character. If she's a side character who doesn't get involve with the plot then people may understand that. But she's not.

Oh and popularity usually use to determine which character that would get fan service. I think you will get that in bakuman.

#128 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:18 AM

He forget that even if kakashi is popular, it doesn't mean that he should get reduce screen time. He could add more scene with naruto and sakura.
Man, this guy truly doesn't have plot.

Yup, especially heroine like sakura who design to be dislikeable and an ordinary character. If she's a side character who doesn't get involve with the plot then people may understand that. But she's not.

Oh and popularity usually use to determine which character that would get fan service. I think you will get that in bakuman.

It probably would have helped to get more out of Kakashi but nope, we need to cut him down from stealing spotlight.

Pretty much this.

Yes, that's usually the case. A chance to shine more, not to steal.

#129 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:27 AM

It probably would have helped to get more out of Kakashi but nope, we need to cut him down from stealing spotlight.

Pretty much this.

Yes, that's usually the case. A chance to shine more, not to steal.

Which manga in bakuman that they want to get rid off?
I always scared that it would be naruto back then.
Now I hope it would be it.

#130 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:25 AM

Which manga in bakuman that they want to get rid off?
I always scared that it would be naruto back then.
Now I hope it would be it.

I don't remember. It's been a while.

#131 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:05 AM

That's what I don't get. Why is Kishi, SP, etc using a popularity poll to decide who is a heroine anyway? All a popularity poll is, is showing if the fans like a character, that doesn't make a hero/heroine. The actions of that character make them a hero/heroine. Honestly, the only 'heroic' action that Hinata did throughout the entire series was when she leapt to Naruto's aid during the Pain battle, pretty much sacrificing her life for Naruto, though she had no clue on what she was doing, since she also admitted that she didn't care if she died, she just wanted to tell Naruto how she felt. Instigating a martyr complex perhaps?

Hinata clearly had no faith in Naruto despite how much she claims to "love/support" him. She saw him down and caught by Pain, thought it was all over, decided that there was nothing to lose by confessing and jumped in to confess before everyone's "inevitable" deaths. The manga made that pretty clear. It was only the SP-Hinata-wanking adaptation that tried to completely change things to make it look like she was the only one who "cared" and to make her try to help Naruto by trying to pull the rods out while simultaneously giving her a much more extensive fight sequence to make her look stronger when she got owned pretty much instantly in the manga. There was literally no purpose to any of those changes except to make Hinata look better to people.

I do know that it appears to be largely thanks to popularity that Vegeta is still active in DBZ. Unfortunately, that same benefit doesn't appear to extend to Gohan, Trunks or Piccolo. What an odd coincidence that is. Naruto in certain regards is similar.  

Yeah, Gohan is still one of my favorites despite how they keep trying to job him.

2e5.gif

#132 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:33 AM

Hinata wasn't overly popular with the fan base but she was perceived to be.

Sorry it was late when I wrote that. Let me rephrase this. Hinata wasn't as overly popular as SP and SJ thought she was. But that is what they perceived because of her vocal fanatical fan base. Was Hinata popular enough for her to completely dominate the flow of the ending and rewrite the entire manga? No of course not. But SP and SJ thought she was based on both vocal fans reactions and desires in both kishi's and SP's staff.

Was hinata popular yes. But why was she popular? Well people already answered that I assume. But why wasn't she hated as Sakura but then suddenly got a lot of flack after the last? Simple her popularity was that of a minor/darkhorse character. People like her concept and then filled out her personality of what they wanted her to be, and that lead to a lot of people becoming fanatically devoted to her. The people that didn't like just ignored her because she wasn't that important to the plot. And if they did hate something about her it was her fanbase. But once the ending and the last happened they tried to move her to heroine status and she flopped. Because now people had to look at her and all her flaws. Which why they started to hide her after the Last and don't overly use her as much as they use to.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 January 2016 - 04:37 AM.

#133 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:14 AM

True, she was hyped way to much. But at the same time Sakura was hated well before, more than Hinata, and she was also losing in popularity (blame Kishi/SP). It only reinforces that if The Last wasn't created you wouldn't see as much haters of Hinata as you see now. The Last took away every bond Naruto had with others and gave it to Hinata. Which is why people hated her after that. But still Kishi called her the new age heroine in Bolt SD special movie promo chapter. We also have JF 2016, where most of the art had something to do with the NH wedding, NH family photos from SP/ Shuiesha that were released, and a special person coming from Bolt DVD.

Sakura hate got to the point where Gaiden was created. It was intended to be a 60 page one shot parallel SasuSara/ NaruBoru in fatherhood. Kishi said people were questioning Sakura/ Sarada, which is why he extended the Gaiden. Out of every problem created Sakura is the character one would kitten on first before going to the next character. And people blamed Sakura for Gaiden. Sakura stop selling as much merchandise and is officially reduced into secondary character as of Bolt Era. 

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#134 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:52 AM

It wasn't just the popularity poll. It was just one factor. Kishi had received Sakura hate mail, a girl even said to his face how much she hated Sakura. Then you have him saying how he saw viewers like Sawyer. For all we know he could have been seeing pro NH/Hinata and anti Sakura videos. Then also have hate mail he received about Sakura. Then you have merchandise in Japan. Sakura sells more than Hinata, but notice how many of the Mechandise selling in markets involve Naruto, Sasuke, Minato, Itachi, and Kakashi. Compared to the US, Sakura is even less of a seller and Hinata/NH are decent in merchandise. During The Last in America people were selling NH The Last stuff.  Sakura received enough hate to were Kishi was pushed into liking Hinata more than his heroine. Which is why Hinata is the new heroine. Also SP bias as well. Sakura haters/SP were large/ strong enough to push Sakura off her status as heroine. Kishi was more a pushover and was convinced enough to where he also hated Sakura. He's also a bad writer, but would have thought Sakura would at the least be a decent character. Kishi was probably disappointed enough in Salura that he never bothered with her because majority don't care about her anyway, which is true.

Irrelevant. It still shouldn't have influenced his decision. Plus I'm sure we can ALL write an entire essay here on where he went wrong Sakura's character. It ain't rocket science is it?

Edited by Phantom_999, 19 January 2016 - 11:52 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#135 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:34 PM

I'm saying that haters convinced him to become anti-Sakura. He's a bad writer. Instead he decided that if no one likes his version of Sakura, why should he? He's already aware with how kitten he treats Sakura, but he's far past caring about her now. The only interview he has ever defended Sakura was the interviews that talks about how Sakura wasn't being a heroine, and he said he'll make her more of one. Years later we just experienced Gaiden, and Sakura's "addiction", and Hinata being better of a character than Sakura ( we already know she isn't). I can't even say that I like pre-693 Sakura, because she was shat on way before than with the Kage Arc, than there's part 1 Sakura that majority don't like (character was in and out), and Kishi must be aware of how SP shat on Sakura in anime, yet he let it happen anyway...part 2 pre-Pain Arc Sakura is the only Sakura I like, and why I continue to persevere on her character till the end. 

Even after the seal, she was still a damsel in distress and was reduced into being rescued. The seal was just some treat to get any remaining Sakura fans into staying for the remainder of the manga. 

Kishi is just another anti-Sakura fan, imo. 

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#136 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:26 PM

The problem with female characters in the series is that they are overrided with bad perks and/or love related. I don't mind love being part of them, but majority of them have it like the foreground or in a equal level of whatever traits they have, if there's any. Otherwise, they will be a hollow inside. For every spotlight moments, there's a downside and that ended up overriding the goods strongly. When the good comes in, albeit asspull or not, the bad is the last thing you'll remember.

Tsunade does her women rights speech, get her ass handed to Madara twice.

Sakura got the seal, proclaiming she is equal to Team 7, only to proceed to go back to that weak will and only recovered when the series end.

I seriously can go on but I won't. This annoys me and I'm not even a feminist.

#137 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:27 PM

That interview is the only reason on why I still have faith on him to give sakura good closure.

He should just said that sakura is not heroine anymore between that interview to the end.

#138 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:38 PM

That interview is the only reason on why I still have faith on him to give sakura good closure.

He should just said that sakura is not heroine anymore between that interview to the end.

Those tweets from his assistant were brutal and felt like he was really glad to have Sakura kick the bucket. Funny how he pinpoint that Pain Arc is the last time we saw her doing anything true intention of heroine, despite being little, Naruto chasing Sakura, and so on, which once again, after that arc, it went downhill really bad.

#139 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:59 PM

Those tweets from his assistant were brutal and felt like he was really glad to have Sakura kick the bucket. Funny how he pinpoint that Pain Arc is the last time we saw her doing anything true intention of heroine, despite being little, Naruto chasing Sakura, and so on, which once again, after that arc, it went downhill really bad.

The twitter assistant said in 2010.
Doesn't war arc start in that year.

His interview happen after kage summit arc that's when he tried to defend her status as heroine. It happen in jump festa if I'm not mistaken.

#140 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:00 PM

The twitter assistant said in 2010.
Doesn't war arc start in that year.

His interview happen after kage summit arc that's when he tried to defend her status as heroine. It happen in jump festa if I'm not mistaken.

It almost feel like a mercy flirt now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users