408 replies to this topic

#121 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Graces. It's okay if anything but I've played Symphonia, Abyss, and Legendia. I didn't like the couple in Legendia. I was more of a Chloe/Senel fan.  :argh:  :argh: Shirley was alright but meh, I found it odd that he ended up with her after playing her sibling throughout the game. -_-

I'm sooooooo looking forward to Xilia!! Can't wait till it lands here in the States because I'm definitely buying!

Favorite characters.

Symphonia: Lloyd, Sheena, Genis, and Kratos/Zelos

Abyss: I pretty much loved them all but favs would have to be Tear, Luke, and Guy... and Jade. 

Legendia: Chloe, Senel, Moses, and Grune. That was my least favorite out of the games I played. The side scroll fight system wasn't my cup of tea but I still pretty much enjoyed the game. I wish they would of put Vesperia on the PS3. Never understood why they didn't....

#122 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:37 AM

Great news Tales of fans of the forum Hideo Baba-san has revealed at Tales of Festival that Symphonya and Dawn of the New World are going to be release together on HD for the PS3! How super cool is that! :th_yeah:  :woot:

Apparently it's gonna be localized in Early 2014 outside of Japan (though I wouldn't be surprised if Bamco pushed it back to Christmas 2015, knowing their record). I may have to finally get a PS3 before it comes out. Hopefully it gets a price drop when the new Playstation comes out.

I wonder if they're gonna use the exact same voice actors for the English versions, or if they're gonna have to update one of them. ToS2 had to replace a lot of the voice actors, as it wasn't a union project and a lot of the VAs refused to work on it. Some of the replacements weren't that bad, but the guy that replaced Scott Menville was just....not even close. It really ruined Lloyd's entrance in the second game. I hope they manage to redub the second game with the original voices, rather than using the new voice actors for the first game. 

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#123 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

Apparently it's gonna be localized in Early 2014 outside of Japan (though I wouldn't be surprised if Bamco pushed it back to Christmas 2015, knowing their record). I may have to finally get a PS3 before it comes out. Hopefully it gets a price drop when the new Playstation comes out.

I wonder if they're gonna use the exact same voice actors for the English versions, or if they're gonna have to update one of them. ToS2 had to replace a lot of the voice actors, as it wasn't a union project and a lot of the VAs refused to work on it. Some of the replacements weren't that bad, but the guy that replaced Scott Menville was just....not even close. It really ruined Lloyd's entrance in the second game. I hope they manage to redub the second game with the original voices, rather than using the new voice actors for the first game. 

Yeah I didn't like Lloyd's VA in Dawn of the new world either the guy didn't fit his character. Compared to Scott Menville who did a perfect job with Lloyd. I really hope it's release for early 2014 I can't wait for 2015. My guess that they will use the Gamecube version of the game updating it, since the PS2 version never came to the US and if they chose this version they will have to do English voice overs.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#124 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

I'm definitely getting the new Symphonia on PS3! I was bummed it never got pushed to the PS2 for the US fans. :( 

#125 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

I found out about the HD Symphonia on crunchy roll, as soon as it's released state side I am buying it!

This is my absolute favorite rpg series, also can't wait to buy Xillia.

#126 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:19 AM

I found out about the HD Symphonia on crunchy roll, as soon as it's released state side I am buying it!

This is my absolute favorite rpg series, also can't wait to buy Xillia.

Ugh! I know! Symphonia was my first Tales of game! :D LOVED it soooo much when I first played it. Actually played through it 4 times when I had it. 

I'm sooooooooo excited for Xillia! You have no idea how happy I was to hear that it was being released in the States! 

It's definitely one of my favorite RPG series along with Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean. Y

Edited by StriderC, 03 June 2013 - 02:20 AM.

#127 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

HAHA!!!! I'm getting the remastered TOS and TOS2!!!!! But that aside WHO's excited fot TOX!!!!???

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#128 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

More news concerning Tales of Symphonia Chronicles 

-The first Symphonia will be the "PS2 version which was never release outside of Japan" meaning all of the characters will have their respective mystique artes along with the additional content from said version.

-Latest news DUAL AUDIO has finally been confirmed first time in a Tales of game history (finally the whiners who have been begging for dual audio can finally stop their whining).

-Release date March 2014 and you can already pre-order the game at your local game stop or other shops.

Edited by Gravenimage, 05 July 2013 - 02:47 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#129 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Surprise surprise people! Tales of Xillia 2 has been announce to be release next year even if I knew it was going to happen. :th_yeah:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#130 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Shoot!! you beat me to the news. Oh well YEAH!!!!!! Xillia 2 is being localized internationally And the Tos unisonant pack is coming!!!!!!! I worshipping the ground Hideo Baba is wlaking on right now!!!!  :D 

Yeah I didn't like Lloyd's VA in Dawn of the new world either the guy didn't fit his character. Compared to Scott Menville who did a perfect job with Lloyd. I really hope it's release for early 2014 I can't wait for 2015. My guess that they will use the Gamecube version of the game updating it, since the PS2 version never came to the US and if they chose this version they will have to do English voice overs.

Ugh! I know! Symphonia was my first Tales of game! :D LOVED it soooo much when I first played it. Actually played through it 4 times when I had it. 

I'm sooooooooo excited for Xillia! You have no idea how happy I was to hear that it was being released in the States! 

It's definitely one of my favorite RPG series along with Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean. 

And the unfortunate part is that they are not re-dubbing the voices. :glare: Not that the Tos 2 voices were bad but they seemed out of character for them and I thought the originals fit their personalities more. And if Tos was your first Tales game Strider that makes us Kindred Tales fans!!!  :lol:

Edited by Phantom_999, 31 July 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#131 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Aww there won't be dual audio for Xillia. Still gonna get it though. I just prefer japanese voices for anime things, don't know why. And I've yet to play graces f but the price for it here is jacked up for some reason.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#132 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

First tales game I started on was Abyss for the ps2 and I still remember the amazing journey it was. Plus the development Luke goes through is amazing. of course I went back and played symphonia and loved that as well. Even the old school tales games are great, destiny was awesome.

Great to hear all of this news about the series hopefully this means more good news for the future of the series.

#133 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

I Loved Abyss too!! I only got burned copy though.  -_- 

Aww there won't be dual audio for Xillia. Still gonna get it though. I just prefer japanese voices for anime things, don't know why. And I've yet to play graces f but the price for it here is jacked up for some reason.

Oh I prefer the Japanese voices too!! :D

#134 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Only two weeks until Xillia is finally release I can't wait! :eager:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#135 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!! BTW I wonder when My pre-ordered copy is coming. :headscratch:

#136 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

I likely won't open my collector's edition at all.  :fu:

#137 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

Uh okay, then just wait for a used copy and play that one then If you want the experience without opening the collectors edition.  :D

#138 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

I likely won't open my collector's edition at all.  :fu:

Wonder if you can resist not playing the game. :fu:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#139 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

It WOULD be a huge miss out....... :chuckle:

#140 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

I did it I have payed for my copy of Xillia and also I payed for my copy of Dragon's Crown. I wish it was August 6 already! :wha:

EDIT: apparently when I checked the receipt it said LE (it means Limited Edition). 

OMG if this turns out to be true that game stop has reserved me such version I will just die. :jawdrop:

Just in case the day of the release I will show them the receipt.

Edited by Gravenimage, 26 July 2013 - 11:50 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users