170 replies to this topic

#121 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:45 AM

Except for the fight, this chapter sucked. 

#122 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:11 PM

I disagree, theis entire *honk honk* chapter sucked. Sarada is supposed to be an Uchiha yet she has no exceptional battle prowess, and again insinuating that women must appear weak for the sake of drama.

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 May 2015 - 06:11 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#123 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:39 PM

I disagree, theis entire *honk honk* chapter sucked. Sarada is supposed to be an Uchiha yet she has no exceptional battle prowess, and again insinuating that women must appear weak for the sake of drama.

Yeah it's annoying how characters, usually female, are always about to get beaten and then Naruto shows up in all his hero-wannabe glory. Still making characters look weak just to make Naruto look better, I hate that cheap lazy writing.

#124 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:52 PM

Boruto and salad literally have narusaku paral... I mean red herrings  :zaru:

Its like the closest thing he can get to narusaku is through their kids.

#125 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:19 PM

Eh. It's not the same.

#126 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:21 PM

Kind of ironic that both of Bolt's teammates are more interesting than him. I never though that Naruto's son would be so BORING.

#127 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

So where's the new background?

#128 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:46 PM

She has no one to teach her any Uchiha Jutsu's and the Jutsu's she can learn from Sakura at the moment would be basic, the more advanced onces require years of chakra control practice, and who knows she may never be able to master them, though if she is the daughter of Karin she might not even need to learn all that.

Besides she's not even a Genin yet, besides we saw with Obito, the Uchiha without the Sharingan are weak, soon as the Sharingan is unlocked they go super powered....It will be interesting to see if Sarada actually unlockes the Sharingan, as she'll be the first Uchiha female shown with the doujutsu.

iAnby7W.gif

#129 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

It will be interesting to see if Sarada actually unlockes the Sharingan, as she'll be the first Uchiha female shown with the doujutsu.

One of the many things that bugs me about this next gen story is that, once again, the Uchiha kid is going to get the lion's share of the spotlight.  And not just because of the supposed mysteries that surround the bloodline and its capabilities. 

If it turns out that Sarada is really Karin and Sasuke's child, there will be the Uchiha + Uzumaki bloodline combination for Kishimoto to harp on -- to the near-exclusion of all else.

Not to mention the boilerplate melodrama of it all.

I think Boruto is going to end up second class like his father -- that is unless Hinata fans like him enough to pull him from marginal relevance like they did his mother.

As Jerry Seinfeld would say, "I wouldn't put anything past anybody."

#130 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:11 PM

It's funny how NH/SS shippers always belittled parallels but they're perfectly okay in using Naruto & Sasuke to parallel BoltxSarada.

Edited by Aizen-Sama, 17 May 2015 - 09:11 PM.

#131 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:15 PM

It's funny how NH/SS shippers always belittled parallels but they're perfectly okay in using Naruto & Sasuke to parallel BoltxSarada.

It's that double standard they got going on in their heads, MJ, that's all it is.

#132 DextersBro

DextersBro

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime, tennis, culinary arts, hanging out with friends, tigers

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:18 PM

I find it weird how Kishimoto made Sasuke's and Naruto's kids get together.  Its kinda like he wants to make that gay Naruto x Sasuke pairing to be canon hahah

Edited by DextersBro, 17 May 2015 - 09:18 PM.

Dexter+on+fire.gif

#133 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:46 PM

I find it weird how Kishimoto made Sasuke's and Naruto's kids get together.  Its kinda like he wants to make that gay Naruto x Sasuke pairing to be canon hahah

Yup. I have a feeling he would have shipped Naruto and Sasuke's kids even if NS and SK became canon, LOL

#134 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:05 PM

Kind of ironic that both of Bolt's teammates are more interesting than him. I never though that Naruto's son would be so BORING.

That Toneri's kid is as bad as Burrito, completely no personality whatsoever until now

Edited by Nar123, 17 May 2015 - 10:06 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#135 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:22 PM

One of the many things that bugs me about this next gen story is that, once again, the Uchiha kid is going to get the lion's share of the spotlight.  And not just because of the supposed mysteries that surround the bloodline and its capabilities. 

If it turns out that Sarada is really Karin and Sasuke's child, there will be the Uchiha + Uzumaki bloodline combination for Kishimoto to harp on -- to the near-exclusion of all else.

Not to mention the boilerplate melodrama of it all.

I think Boruto is going to end up second class like his father -- that is unless Hinata fans like him enough to pull him from marginal relevance like they did his mother.

As Jerry Seinfeld would say, "I wouldn't put anything past anybody."

Yeah this aggravates me to know end. The constant privileging of the Uchiha in the story is infuriating. You think Kishi could tell us at least a bit about the clan of our titular character. But no, more Uchiha.

#136 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:25 PM

That Toneri's kid is as bad as Burrito, completely no personality whatsoever until now

I like him though. Especially when he insults ChouChou. I'm just interested in his background

#137 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:38 PM

I like him though. Especially when he insults ChouChou. I'm just interested in his background

Insult girl = sasuke wannabe.

#138 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:29 AM

Yeah this aggravates me to know end. The constant privileging of the Uchiha in the story is infuriating. You think Kishi could tell us at least a bit about the clan of our titular character. But no, more Uchiha.

Even to the very end, Kishi was clearly trying to absolve Sasuke and the Uchiha Clan of any responsibility for their actions, yet every time he tries, he only makes them look worse while making Tobirama and the future Elders look more justified in their suspicions of them.

Like the whole "Curse of Hatred" thing was clearly meant to make it look like they couldn't be responsible for their actions (by "loving more than anyone", pfft) because simply by awakening the Sharingan, at least a majority of Uchiha Clan members will go down "dark paths" because of their "love being unsealed" or some BS like that. Yet all that sounds like to me is that any and every Uchiha that awakens the Sharingan, and that's most Uchiha of the clan in general, is predestined to continuously escalate in doing bad things, regardless of intentions. So, in that sense, can anyone really blame Tobirama and the Elders for their constant suspicion of the Uchiha Clan? Madara may have seemed like an isolated incident at first, but then there's the knowledge of a part of the clan who still secretly followed Madara's beliefs, and then the leadership learning about Fugaku wanting to start a coup from Itachi would only fully confirm their suspicions to the point in seeing no choice but to eliminate the Clan. Even Itachi himself ended up going down his own "dark path" with being the one to kill a chunk of the clan and his "love" being what spared Sasuke and all, then escalates by joining Akatsuki and doing stuff for them. Again, despite his own intentions with it being mostly an act, it doesn't change.the fact that he still continued to do bad things for them.

And, of course, Kakashi just pardons Sasuke of everything he did simply because of his needed assistance against Obito/Madara/Kaguya, even though the reason he even bothered helping wasn't to help/save them or out of any "goodness" of his heart, but really because they were just more obstacles in the way of his (even more) new goals. Basically, the enemy of my enemy.

All that says is that you can do all the bad crap you want just as long as...

1.) You were born from a special clan who apparently "just can't help themselves"..

2.) You do one barely good thing in the end.

3.) You "apologize" for all the other bad things you did before.

Basically, I compare Sasuke and his favoritism quite a bit to that "affluenza" rich kid that got off with merely 10 years probation, despite killing four people from DWI knowingly.

2e5.gif

#139 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:47 AM

Sasuke the teenage serial killer would've been a lot more fun than Sasuke the Hokage's lapdog.

Edited by Aizen-Sama, 18 May 2015 - 03:34 AM.

#140 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:29 AM

Insult girl = sasuke wannabe.

We'll yeah. He's the "Sasuke" of the new team 7 so of course he would take on some of his characteristics. The only difference is I could actually believe he and Bolt are friends

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Naruto Gaiden

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users