#121 zig-zag-zombies

zig-zag-zombies

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (jworks @ Mar 28 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed. Not every small detail, from drastically separate parts of the manga, can be strewn together to draw an equally drastic conclusion. keep in mind Kishimoto is not making the story up as he goes, he knows what he wants to do with it, and with few people to answer to, which does not include fans, he will do what he wants.

The data books are merely collectibles, they aren't a secret guide to whats going to happen. If you would like to know what happens, patiently read the manga. I am all for discussion about it all and what we would like to happen, but when you persuade yourselves that getting upset and bashing the author you are so inadvertently slave to is anything of worth, you are destroying the story for yourselves.

sit back and enjoy.

We're in cahoots.

#122 Tai001

Tai001

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Jade Ninja @ Mar 28 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then of course there's my little fantasy. Hinata gets Sakura as a healer, Sakura finds out about Hinata's confession, Hinata snarls through blood-covered lips that Naruto will be hers, then Sakura just...stops healing. Then Naruto teams up with Goku and tears off Sasuke's limbs and beats him to death with them, then goes home, eats a sandwitch, and makes passionate love to Sakura for 8 chapters. Everyone's happy laugh.gif

That would make me mad actually, as it feels so petty. Not to mention very out of character. I can only hope that you are joking, as this kind of additude from shippers, actually happens to be the reason I am bitter towards the Herry/Hermione group. (poor Ron, they never gave him a break)

Edited by Tai001, 29 March 2009 - 05:21 PM.

#123 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Jade Ninja @ Mar 29 2009, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then of course there's my little fantasy. Hinata gets Sakura as a healer, Sakura finds out about Hinata's confession, Hinata snarls through blood-covered lips that Naruto will be hers, then Sakura just...stops healing. Then Naruto teams up with Goku and tears off Sasuke's limbs and beats him to death with them, then goes home, eats a sandwitch, and makes passionate love to Sakura for 8 chapters. Everyone's happy laugh.gif

I only like the part where Sakura finds Hinata and the sandwich. I really want to see Sakura's reaction to Hinata's confession and i think her finding out while she is healing her would be interesting. But with her nature, Sakura would still heal her, but after that i am not sure. Perhaps while she is healing her, Hinata will tell her what she did and how she knows it to be in vain and that she sees Sakura and Naruto's relationship and, sadly, wishes them well. :cookie:

Edited by jworks, 29 March 2009 - 07:17 PM.

#124 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Mar 28 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Poor Konan, reduced to maid/caretaker....

#125 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Mar 29 2009, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that was classic, made me laugh.

Now it seems the whole Hinata/Naruto argument is still going on.

For me this is Kishi's lame way of Naruto ending with Hinata without having to write any of the romance part. I see a possible, 'I am touched but I can't think about romance right now, we'll see after I've retrieved Sasuke and defeated akatsuki.' I know many won't agree with me and I wouldn't have believed it myself if not for the fact that Kishi did the whole Hinata's suicide attack in the first place.

For me that is what is separating this arc from being the best ever to being the worst and the best at the same time. I don't care that it's Hinata that made the confession, it could have been Sakura or Heck Ino for that matter would have been just as dissapointed with the whole thing.

It lack's orginality, it is a whole is sooo...chiche, It's like a plot out of some lame romance novel or crappy B-movie. The shy heroine see's her beloved on the brink of death, and jumps to the rescue knowing she will has no chance of winning, The villian see's her, and easily dispatches of her infront of our hero after she has confessed her feelings, who in upon seeing this goes into berserk mode and free's himself of his restraints and attackes the villain.

Whilst our hero is attacking, our heroines cousin makes an entry and finds her cousin gravely injured but alive and quickly goes to find medical assistance. And it just so happens the top medic in the area was notified of her case and is making her way to the scene.

See it reads like a flipping bad made for TV movie. From the way she jumped in knowing she had no chance, to Naruto going 8 tails in a blink of an eye, to Pein's massive Chakra reserves to the fact that he actually missed her vital points, (I mean come on he had Naruto pinned so he wouldn't be able to escape at the same time making certain no vital points wer hit, he doesn't miss.) it's just one big dissapointment.

It would not be any less dissapointing if it was Sakura to be honest, I originally thought it might be because it's Hinata, but i've tried to imagine the scene with Sakura in place and I was almost as dissaponted with that scenario, (Atleast Naruto's reaction would make more sense.)

To those who think this will be a jumping board to get Sakura Jealuos and admit her feelings are delusional, yes she may get jealous., but nothing beyond that. Has everyone forgot what kind of person Naruto is? He was willing to sacrifice his love for Sakura and die to make and keep a promise he made to her. He isn't going to get together with Sakura anytime after this if just to spare Hinata's feelings. He isn't going to out and out reject Hinata, he'll tell her he can't think about romance at the moment or he'll tell her the truth that he never though of her like that but is willing to give them a chance.

That's the kind of person Naruto is, He has a massive heart. and doesn't like seeing others get hurt, even over his own feelings. He was prepared to get Sasuke back and go through the daily torture of seeing them together to make Sakura happy, Do you really think he isn't going to consider the possability of not trying to see Hinata for more than just a friend? (Remeber he's the same person who promised revenge on Neji for spilling blood of the person who was always nice to him.)

Not saying for certain that HMS NaruSaku has well and truely sunk, but NaruHina is looking more likely, and I don't see our favourite pairing happening until inata's feeling for Naruto has been resolved.

Edited by harry4e, 30 March 2009 - 12:01 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

#126 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:27 AM

I dont think he will at all.

Remeber with neji it wasnt that hed spileld the blood of someone nice to him. it was the fact that hed belittled and crushed her mercilessly then arrogantly called her and him a loser. that pissed him off.

Yes he has an enormous heart so big that he tore it out with a dull spoon so he could make sakura happy.

yet in part 2 he makes no secret of the fact that he still likes her and makes several statments about going on dates with Sakura.

While I see him being incredibly flattered by hinatas confession and feelings I doubt strongly hed jsut throw away the devotion and love he has for Sakura just because someone said they liked him. especially since all shes said is that she likes him. he doesnt know anything about her, hell he still thinks of her as that wierd girl who allways faints around him. The only difference now is that he calls her by name more.

I do not buy the argument that hed give her a chance because of the confession. that would be jsut as cruel as turning her down gently would if not crueler because he doesnt feel that way about her. so in essence hed be leaidng he ron and going out with her out of pity.

and thats not Naruto.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#127 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Mar 29 2009, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that was classic, made me laugh.

Now it seems the whole Hinata/Naruto argument is still going on.

For me this is Kishi's lame way of Naruto ending with Hinata without having to write any of the romance part. I see a possible, 'I am touched but I can't think about romance right now, we'll see after I've retrieved Sasuke and defeated akatsuki.' I know many won't agree with me and I wouldn't have believed it myself if not for the fact that Kishi did the whole Hinata's suicide attack in the first place.

For me that is what is separating this arc from being the best ever to being the worst and the best at the same time. I don't care that it's Hinata that made the confession, it could have been Sakura or Heck Ino for that matter would have been just as dissapointed with the whole thing.

It lack's orginality, it is a whole is sooo...chiche, It's like a plot out of some lame romance novel or crappy B-movie. The shy heroine see's her beloved on the brink of death, and jumps to the rescue knowing she will has no chance of winning, The villian see's her, and easily dispatches of her infront of our hero after she has confessed her feelings, who in upon seeing this goes into berserk mode and free's himself of his restraints and attackes the villain.

Whilst our hero is attacking, our heroines cousin makes an entry and finds her cousin gravely injured but alive and quickly goes to find medical assistance. And it just so happens the top medic in the area was notified of her case and is making her way to the scene.

See it reads like a flipping bad made for TV movie. From the way she jumped in knowing she had no chance, to Naruto going 8 tails in a blink of an eye, to Pein's massive Chakra reserves to the fact that he actually missed her vital points, (I mean come on he had Naruto pinned so he wouldn't be able to escape at the same time making certain no vital points wer hit, he doesn't miss.) it's just one big dissapointment.

It would not be any less dissapointing if it was Sakura to be honest, I originally thought it might be because it's Hinata, but i've tried to imagine the scene with Sakura in place and I was almost as dissaponted with that scenario, (Atleast Naruto's reaction would make more sense.)

To those who think this will be a jumping board to get Sakura Jealuos and admit her feelings are delusional, yes she may get jealous., but nothing beyond that. Has everyone forgot what kind of person Naruto is? He was willing to sacrifice his love for Sakura and die to make and keep a promise he made to her. He isn't going to get together with Sakura anytime after this if just to spare Hinata's feelings. He isn't going to out and out reject Hinata, he'll tell her he can't think about romance at the moment or he'll tell her the truth that he never though of her like that but is willing to give them a chance.

That's the kind of person Naruto is, He has a massive heart. and doesn't like seeing others get hurt, even over his own feelings. He was prepared to get Sasuke back and go through the daily torture of seeing them together to make Sakura happy, Do you really think he isn't going to consider the possability of not trying to see Hinata for more than just a friend? (Remeber he's the same person who promised revenge on Neji for spilling blood of the person who was always nice to him.)

Not saying for certain that HMS NaruSaku has well and truely sunk, but NaruHina is looking more likely, and I don't see our favourite pairing happening until inata's feeling for Naruto has been resolved.

I can see where your coming from but you have to look at the story from diffrent points of view, not just Narutos.

Let's go from Hinatas P.O.V. Although she flat out said "i love you" she didn't expect to come back alive. She was able to tell the truth and tell Naruto because she THOUGHT she knew she wouldn't see him again, so it wouldn't make a diffrence. Since Hinatas alive, however, she will most likely turn away from NaruHina happening because she is too shy or to considerate of Naruto's feelings for Sakura. Hinata isn't blind. She knows he loves Sakura and much like Naruto is with Sakura, she would sacrafice her own happiness for the happiness of her loved one. She will most likely turn down his attempt to give her a chance and ask to only be friends. Hinata isn't one to be selfish and im pretty sure she would rather have Naruto be happy than her be happy. This being done, NaruHina won't happen while still making Hinata an important character in the end.

Now Sakura's P.O.V. We all know she has been starting to feel things for Naruto and it's obvious she is confused about these feelings. In the end, i think she will be the one to heal Hinata, find out about her confession, and inturn, become jealous. She will then begin to wonder why she is even the bit jealous of her knucklehead friend and then go into deep thought about these feelings, forwarding into the Sakura arc. It's pretty obvious she doesn't "love" Sasuke anymore, seeing as how she hasn't thought about him once in the last 50 chapters, but rather about Naruto. She IS feeling something for him and with the nudge from Hinata's confession, she will ponder those feelings and figure out what these feelings mean.

Finally, from Kishimoto's P.O.V. This is the person you have to consider more than everyone else, seeing as how he IS the writer. Even though Kishimoto isn't the brightest person in Japan, he isn't oblivious either. Naruto is his major form of income, meaning he obviously needs to keep it interesting so he keeps making money. With that said, you can conclude he is niether stupid nor crazy enough to toss out 300 chapters of develoupment meerly to please crazed NaruHina fans. He may have done crazy things Before, but i don't think he's crazy enough to lose more than half of his fans over something as silly as this.

Overall, i believe the evedience is quite clear, so i'm not worried about NaruHina. Some people might disagree with me, but this is how i see the story right now and it's the most logical i could come up with. Wether you see it in the same light as i do is your choice alone, but don't bash me for my logic.

Edited by zman170, 30 March 2009 - 12:43 AM.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#128 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Mar 30 2009, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think he will at all.

Remeber with neji it wasnt that hed spileld the blood of someone nice to him. it was the fact that hed belittled and crushed her mercilessly then arrogantly called her and him a loser. that pissed him off.

Yes he has an enormous heart so big that he tore it out with a dull spoon so he could make sakura happy.

yet in part 2 he makes no secret of the fact that he still likes her and makes several statments about going on dates with Sakura.

While I see him being incredibly flattered by hinatas confession and feelings I doubt strongly hed jsut throw away the devotion and love he has for Sakura just because someone said they liked him. especially since all shes said is that she likes him. he doesnt know anything about her, hell he still thinks of her as that wierd girl who allways faints around him. The only difference now is that he calls her by name more.

I do not buy the argument that hed give her a chance because of the confession. that would be jsut as cruel as turning her down gently would if not crueler because he doesnt feel that way about her. so in essence hed be leaidng he ron and going out with her out of pity.

and thats not Naruto.

Nope don't agree with you at all, Unless they mess up the translations she said 'I love you' not like love. The fact he went all eight tails is again a sign he does atleast care for her.

I have seen allot less Naruto chasing Sakura post time-skip than before (what dates except the one when he returned from training, and I take those kind of dates with a pinch of salt, they are hardly worth calling dates, just two friends hanging out), besides I never said Naruto's feelings for Sakura just disapeared but he hasn't gone all out to try and get her to notice him like pre-skip, He still believes that Sakura loves Sasuke, if that is the case or not hasn't been proven but it's what Naruto thinks, Sakura might not feel like that but Naruto doesn't know that.

And Naruto is exactly like that, He knows exactly what rejection feels like, His not giving it a go is completely out of charactor for Naruto, it might not work out but I see no way he'll out and out reject Hinata without giving them a chance somewhere along the line. If Naruto will still think of Hinata as a 'wierd girl who always faints around me, because she loves me' then I will lose all my respect for the guy.

But as I have said on many occasions I don't see any romance of any sort happening until the very end, Naruto has no time for romance at the moment, he has the Akatsuck, Sasuke, the Village His fathers task for him and the prophesy to think about. He will gently reject her leaving a small window of possability for the future.

Trust me I would LOVE to be wrong, absoloutely love, I think of Naruto/Hinata and Sasuke/Sakura as the two most boring and mismatched pairings from any fandoms I have ever come across. but I an scepticle, I always thought it would have to be a plot for an Very bad-fanfic to get those two people together, and that is what I seem to have gotten. If i'm wrong i'll be jumping for joy and my faith in Kishi will be just ever so slightly be restored, but I don't see it

iAnby7W.gif

#129 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Mar 29 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope don't agree with you at all, Unless they mess up the translations she said 'I love you' not like love. The fact he went all eight tails is again a sign he does atleast care for her.

I have seen allot less Naruto chasing Sakura post time-skip than before (what dates except the one when he returned from training, and I take those kind of dates with a pinch of salt, they are hardly worth calling dates, just two friends hanging out), besides I never said Naruto's feelings for Sakura just disapeared but he hasn't gone all out to try and get her to notice him like pre-skip, He still believes that Sakura loves Sasuke, if that is the case or not hasn't been proven but it's what Naruto thinks, Sakura might not feel like that but Naruto doesn't know that.

And Naruto is exactly like that, He knows exactly what rejection feels like, His not giving it a go is completely out of charactor for Naruto, it might not work out but I see no way he'll out and out reject Hinata without giving them a chance somewhere along the line. If Naruto will still think of Hinata as a 'wierd girl who always faints around me, because she loves me' then I will lose all my respect for the guy.

But as I have said on many occasions I don't see any romance of any sort happening until the very end, Naruto has no time for romance at the moment, he has the Akatsuck, Sasuke, the Village His fathers task for him and the prophesy to think about. He will gently reject her leaving a small window of possability for the future.

Trust me I would LOVE to be wrong, absoloutely love, I think of Naruto/Hinata and Sasuke/Sakura as the two most boring and mismatched pairings from any fandoms I have ever come across. but I an scepticle, I always thought it would have to be a plot for an Very bad-fanfic to get those two people together, and that is what I seem to have gotten. If i'm wrong i'll be jumping for joy and my faith in Kishi will be just ever so slightly be restored, but I don't see it

No offence but.. are you serious?

First off Naruto would ask her out on dates for the majority of the begining of Part 2. Sure it died down abit but thats because they have more pressing matters to attend to such as akatsuki. Do you honestly think he's going to ask her on a date when they're running around, trying to find Sasuke and kill akatsuki? Also, anyone dying in front of his face would provide the same result. I'm pretty sure that Naruto would have acted twice as angry if the Ichiraku Ramen guy died instead.

Naruto has talked to Hinata in only maybe 3 chapter in all of Part 2, and those only for maybe 1-2 panels per chapter. And sure Naruto knows what rejection is like but thats as a person, not as a loved one. Naruto may talk to her more and notice her more, and may even become good friends, but he's not gonna go out with her out of pitty. That would so out of character for him and it wouldn't fit well with anyone.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#130 canis

canis

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:22 AM

I know where you're coming from, but isn't that also because we've become accustomed to all those little moments we got until now? Compared to all other pairings I'd say we've been spoiled since part II started (and it started even before that). And even if Kishi claims to be bad at romance I guess he at least has enough sense to not let it end like that.
Besides he wove some interesting themes into the story line and even if it's not that prominent romance as well. All the canon couples so far resemble Naruto and Sakura to degree, starting with Jiraiya and Tsunade (even though they never had a chance to enjoy it).

Personally I prefer a NaruHina moment over nothing. It at least means that Kishi isn't avoiding pairing related stuff on purpose. It keeps the tension up... And for the story it's necessary at least in my opinion.
I expect this moment to be nothing to the outbreak after a Sakura and Sasuke meeting... Still it's an important part of the story.

#131 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Mar 29 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can see where your coming from but you have to look at the story from diffrent points of view, not just Narutos.

Let's go from Hinatas P.O.V. Although she flat out said "i love you" she didn't expect to come back alive. She was able to tell the truth and tell Naruto because she THOUGHT she knew she wouldn't see him again, so it wouldn't make a diffrence. Since Hinatas alive, however, she will most likely turn away from NaruHina happening because she is too shy or to considerate of Naruto's feelings for Sakura. Hinata isn't blind. She knows he loves Sakura and much like Naruto is with Sakura, she would sacrafice her own happiness for the happiness of her loved one. She will most likely turn down his attempt to give her a chance and ask to only be friends. Hinata isn't one to be selfish and im pretty sure she would rather have Naruto be happy than her be happy. This being done, NaruHina won't happen while still making Hinata an important character in the end.

Now Sakura's P.O.V. We all know she has been starting to feel things for Naruto and it's obvious she is confused about these feelings. In the end, i think she will be the one to heal Hinata, find out about her confession, and inturn, become jealous. She will then begin to wonder why she is even the bit jealous of her knucklehead friend and then go into deep thought about these feelings, forwarding into the Sakura arc. It's pretty obvious she doesn't "love" Sasuke anymore, seeing as how she hasn't thought about him once in the last 50 chapters, but rather about Naruto. She IS feeling something for him and with the nudge from Hinata's confession, she will ponder those feelings and figure out what these feelings mean.

Finally, from Kishimoto's P.O.V. This is the person you have to consider more than everyone else, seeing as how he IS the writer. Even though Kishimoto isn't the brightest person in Japan, he isn't oblivious either. Naruto is his major form of income, meaning he obviously needs to keep it interesting so he keeps making money. With that said, you can conclude he is niether stupid nor crazy enough to toss out 300 chapters of develoupment meerly to please crazed NaruHina fans. He may have done crazy things Before, but i don't think he's crazy enough to lose more than half of his fans over something as silly as this.

Overall, i believe the evedience is quite clear, so i'm not worried about NaruHina. Some people might disagree with me, but this is how i see the story right now and it's the most logical i could come up with. Wether you see it in the same light as i do is your choice alone, but don't bash me for my logic.

That is just how i try to look at it, with some logic, though granted it is my logic. Not necessarily THE logic. Hinata is, I am sure, aware of Naruto and Sakura's relationship. Hinata seems to be a considerate person, and probably knowing how her confession was going to be in vain (meaning naruto would not love her back, but still accomplish something for herself) would, seeing as how she is still alive, as i hope have a talk with naruto about what has happened and wish them the best, its all she herself can do.

QUOTE (harry4e @ Mar 29 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm the sidekick that roams the high school halls with zman and when he says "are you serious?" i go "yeah...are you serious?"

I am sure that the manga, even the recent anime filler (end of episode 100), depicts Naruto and Sakura both having a devotional love for Sasuke as a friend. And they are aware of each others devotion to Sasuke. Besides, Naruto has chased after sakura in shippuden, it just has grown more mature and spaced due to other dire distraction.

#132 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (jworks @ Mar 29 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm the sidekick that roams the high school halls with zman and when he says "are you serious?" i go "yeah...are you serious?"

I am sure that the manga, even the recent anime filler (end of episode 100), depicts Naruto and Sakura both having a devotional love for Sasuke as a friend. And they are aware of each others devotion to Sasuke. Besides, Naruto has chased after sakura in shippuden, it just has grown more mature and spaced due to other dire distraction.

Thanks man. Most people usually go against what i say, usually caught up in their own logic. Thanks for backing me up biggrin.gif Feels nice knowing someone else here has some brains.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#133 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Mar 30 2009, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks man. Most people usually go against what i say, usually caught up in their own logic. Thanks for backing me up biggrin.gif Feels nice knowing someone else here has some brains.

Uh, not trying to sound rude here...

But are you saying none of us here have brains other than you two? :rolleyes:

#134 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Mar 30 2009, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh, not trying to sound rude here...

But are you saying none of us here have brains other than you two? :rolleyes:

I didn't say you didn't have brains, i was implying that most people i see commenting don't use them when posting because their posts consist of illogical blabber that doesn't really make sense when you apply it to the manga.

Edited by zman170, 30 March 2009 - 05:37 AM.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#135 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:20 AM

I just love how many fans used to state NaruSaku was the most likely pairing due to extensive development throughout the entire manga and frequent interaction, and all of sudden, because Hinata has confessed, they're utterly frightened and scream the pairing has sunk, like if her hopeless confession somehow nullifies or erases all that development, interaction, and even hints of Sakura's feelings guaranteed NaruSaku would happen. Like if it changes the fact Naruto LOVES Sakura and he barely knows Hinata.

Then I guess LeeSaku is canon since the Chuunin exams because he confessed his love and nearly got killed for saving Sakura. I'd elaborate my example, but I'll quote this Ciardha's comment since she puts it down very well:

Didn't change her crush on Sasuke or her growing feelings for Naruto one bit, not even when Lee was injured protecting her in the forest of death, or even when Gaara severely injured him. What happened was Sakura developed a friendship toward Lee with absolutely no romantic feelings on her part. Sakura doesn't even say anything to Lee about his feelings toward her after he's injured. She acknowledges his feelings in her mind, but it doesn't make her feel like she should date him, etc...

Kishimoto does replay patterns. I fully expect Naruto to react like Sakura did toward Lee. The current chapter even reinforces that. Naruhina shippers will react in their typical way- throwing fits and attacking Sakura....

Oh and on Sasuke's reactions to Sakura and Ino vs his reaction to Karin's come ons is telling too. He rejected Sakura and Ino violently and at best- when he was out of it, he was indifferent. With Karin he acts nervously uncomfortable, and after the saving scene where Karin convinces Sasuke to bite her so she can heal him- a scene with rather obvious sexual overtones- Karin's reaction is very sexual, Sasuke responds in a quite open way with his feelings- something we've only see him do with Naruto and in flashbacks with his family.

link

And NOT, I'm not being delusional. Yes, I'm aware NaruHina can happen if Kishimoto so wishes. But perusing the evolution of the manga, I don't find reasons for worrying or pushing the panic button. Honestly, read again the manga since Chapter 3. Read the interaction between Naruto and Sakura, the evolution of their relationship. Remember every time Naruto has hit on Sakura and every time someone begins talking about Sakura's feelings before being abruptly and conveniently interrupted. Remember how Kishimoto included little hints of NaruSakuness even when their relationship wasn't the focus of the arc (Sakura wanting feeding Naruto, Sakura calling him...)

Do you truly think Kishimoto drawn all those scenes and spent so time developing them for nothing?

Now remember how few times Hinata has shown up or talked to him, how their relationship has neither changed nor became deeper since the Chuunin exams, how Kishimoto didn't even develop it when he got the chance.

Are I supposed to be frightened because Hinata has grown a backbone now?

I'm sorry, I think logic and storytelling dictates he won't fall in love with her only cause that. Hell, a friend of mine doesn't care for pairings at all, and thinks Naruto won't fall in love with Hinata only because she likes him.

By the way, since everyone loves including mini-comics in this thread:

AntiNHSS Pairing Wank

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#136 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Mar 30 2009, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't say you didn't have brains, i was implying that most people i see commenting don't use them when posting because their posts consist of illogical blabber that doesn't really make sense when you apply it to the manga.

Now you're just being conceited and rude.

I haven't seen anyone else 'not using their brains', or posting 'illogical blabber'. Everyone has his or her own take on the current manga plot, and they have been expressing their opinions in fairly well-thought out posts. Even if some of them you might not agree with, that's certainly no reason to act high and mighty, and put down them down as being essentially brainless illogical blabbers.

#137 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 30 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now you're just being conceited and rude.

I haven't seen anyone else 'not using their brains', or posting 'illogical blabber'. Everyone has his or her own take on the current manga plot, and they have been expressing their opinions in fairly well-thought out posts. Even if some of them you might not agree with, that's certainly no reason to act high and mighty, and put down them down as being essentially brainless illogical blabbers.

I see where your getting at and i am sorry if i sounded conceited and rude, but i was inputting my opinion and it happened to come out wrong in the sence of it sounding rude. If i was trying to be rude i would have said some stuff that would have probably gotten me banned and i controled my self and stated my opinion, i just didn't do a good job of fully controlling myself. For that i apologize and for anyone that may have been offened i'm sorry. I'm only human and lets face it, no ones perfect. I'm a prime example and i'm truly sorry.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#138 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

It's ok, you apologized for it and admitted it didn't come out the way you wanted so peace man! w00t.gif

And let's move on to what seems to be the longest chapter discussion topic I've seen so far. I do agree with what Jeskott says, after months of adamant defense of NaruSaku, fueled by evidence from the manga; Hinata's confession was like Saruman's explosives to our NaruSaku Helm's Deep. (Nice analogy?) Calm down, the series isn't over yet, even if NaruHina's a possibilty, I doubt Kishi is (like what most people have said already) going to ignore 200+ chapters of development between Naruto and Sakura just because of one confession.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 30 March 2009 - 09:09 PM.

#139 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

Who knows. Kishi might troll us :cookie:

#140 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Mar 30 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who knows. Kishi might troll us :cookie:

Oh he might, which I'm still awaiting the "Naruto will become a bachelor and Hokage but still chases Sakura" ending of the series. tongue.gif :teehee:

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users