#121 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:09 PM

He probably could have made it a NaruSakuIno, but I kind of like it being just NaruSaku. Plus what he has in store for Ino is pretty interesting as well. I'm just wondering what's going to happen to Anko, that's all.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#122 Canis Black

Canis Black

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 19 2006, 09:00 AM) *

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
That's a hell of a consolation prize for Ino.

One would think that Yondaime would want to hook up with his former mate Anko . . . least former mate in Desaix's canon.

The age difference would be too big between the resurrected Yondaime and Anko. Though I do wonder what Anko will think.

Any number of things could happen to Anko in the future, but I don't forsee her living beyond the end of the story. Her health isn't all that great and we've already seen that she's more than willing to sacrifice herself to kill Orochimaru. In truth I think she'll probably be the one to finally take him out (possibly saving Naruto's life in the process?), but even if she does live the deal with Yondaime/Ino (and I'm hoping that's a crack-idea he threw out to confuse us) instead of Yondaime getting back with Anko would probably have a LOT to do with Anko abandoning Naruto. I can't see the Fourth ever being able to forgive and forget something like that. Forgive, possibly, but not forget. If Naruto's dad does come back as a living person then I forsee a very unhappy reunion between the former lovers.

#123 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (Canis Black @ Oct 20 2006, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 19 2006, 09:00 AM) *

That's a hell of a consolation prize for Ino.

One would think that Yondaime would want to hook up with his former mate Anko . . . least former mate in Desaix's canon.

The age difference would be too big between the resurrected Yondaime and Anko. Though I do wonder what Anko will think.

Any number of things could happen to Anko in the future, but I don't forsee her living beyond the end of the story. Her health isn't all that great and we've already seen that she's more than willing to sacrifice herself to kill Orochimaru. In truth I think she'll probably be the one to finally take him out (possibly saving Naruto's life in the process?), but even if she does live the deal with Yondaime/Ino (and I'm hoping that's a crack-idea he threw out to confuse us) instead of Yondaime getting back with Anko would probably have a LOT to do with Anko abandoning Naruto. I can't see the Fourth ever being able to forgive and forget something like that. Forgive, possibly, but not forget. If Naruto's dad does come back as a living person then I forsee a very unhappy reunion between the former lovers.

It's not like she had a choice. It is implied that the council would've just seperated her forcefully away from him; that or execute him. I do agree that Yondie wouldn't be happy with what Anko did, but he doesn't seem the type to get back at Anko.

#124 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

THE PANDACAPOLYPSE SHALL BE SWIFT AND FUZZY

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:33 AM

Oi, Desaix!

Since Asuma's dead, you gonna kill him off in your fic to? After all, it'd be nice to see Naruto have another reason to kill the members of Akatsuki, albet a sad thing.

#125 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:54 AM

Er... yes. About Asuma... Tum te tum tum!

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#126 DasDeke

DasDeke

In Nomine Patris, Et Filii, Et Spiritus Sancti.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Anime,Music, Poetry,Writing,Video Games,Photography, Computers, Bushido,Tattoos,Philosophy

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:28 AM

Ah the decisions of a writer!

Just don't pull a Dallas on us kay?

BTW I'm not sure if you've been gushed on enough, but the fic rocks.

#127 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:55 AM

Yeah, the fic still rocks... but the wait.... the wait

#128 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:14 AM

: is tied to a chair and bleeding profusely next to a guy :

Guy: Stop waiting for the next Chapter of Training For The Job!
Me: NEVER! : gets punched repeatedly, Reapet tXw
T=Time
W=Wait

Figure it out happy.gif

#129 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:53 PM

Yes it's true, my alternate is Legend of Naruto but still.... where's the update?

#130 TheVileOne

TheVileOne

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Anime, professional wrestling, movies, acting, film criticism, exercising, DVD collecting.

Posted 12 November 2006 - 05:04 AM

Chill guys. When Desaix posts an update I think we'll know.

The waiting is kind of why I haven't started another fic though. Takes more discipline than I have right now.

Joe Is Gonna Kill You.

#131 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:59 PM

SO, how goes the story so far desaix?

#132 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:11 AM

I haven't had time to work on anything writing-related in a little over three weeks. Sorry. I hope to get back to it soon.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#133 SilverLily

SilverLily

ANBU Wannabe

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:Art, drawing, writing, reading, sleeping, cooking, Naruto, eating.

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:20 PM

Please! I need an update!
Of course, I've got people bellowing at me to update my stuff, and I've been just as busy. I feel your pain.
*twitches* Still, must have update...

#134 ia3

ia3

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:34 AM

Has anyone noticed there's a freakishly similar fic to Training for the Job floating around? It's like a rewrite or something. It's called The Return of Uzumaki

I reckon you should look into it desaix.

To disgrace oneself is something a samurai should never do.

#135 FreetodrinkSR

FreetodrinkSR

A drifter of this forum, never stays long enough, but loved!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Naru/Saku<br />FFXI<br />RPGs<br />Other stuff, lmao

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (ia3 @ Dec 3 2006, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone noticed there's a freakishly similar fic to Training for the Job floating around? It's like a rewrite or something. It's called The Return of Uzumaki

OMG THIS IS SUCH A BIG RIIIIP!!! GAHH....NOONE can write over 20,0000 words without getting sleep and being sane in the same time over a week or so!

Published: 11-22-06 - Updated: 12-01-06

Effing sucks :shamefulcry0js:

#136 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (ia3 @ Dec 3 2006, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're insulting desaix's writing by comparing that fic to 'Training for the Job.'

#137 ia3

ia3

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Dec 4 2006, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ia3 @ Dec 3 2006, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're insulting desaix's writing by comparing that fic to 'Training for the Job.'

Lol, i'm not exactly comparing. More of saying it's a rip. Coz i wasnt sure if anyone's noticed it before.

To disgrace oneself is something a samurai should never do.

#138 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:35 AM

A 'rip off' is not actionable, regardless of how close it is. I'm not even going to bother reading it to see, since as long as it isn't plagiarism I can't do anything.

And 20,000+ words in a week isn't too unrealistic -- John Ringo (Science Fiction author and occasional NYT bestseller, most famous for the Posleen series) has been known to write 25,000 words\day. At my peak, I can manage 10,000 a day when I have time to write, though more often I'm at 3-5,000\day when I have time to write (note those conditions -- I haven't had time to write in months, and I'm at the point where I'll need time to reread the whole thing first, too). David Weber reports he can do 6-7,000 words\day on average. David Drake, another sci-fi\fantasy author, is considered 'slow' at 1,800 words\day, which would be close to 15,000 words in the eight-day period above -- just a little faster and he could make it, too. So, I don't think there's anything TOO odd by the speed.

-Tonbo

#139 doktorvampir

doktorvampir

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:54 PM

the other story has some originol things in it but yea it is a bit of a rip off. dont get me wrong when i said a bit. u never know, maybe it was just a coincidence.

now for other things. i know u r busy. i know i have to wait. but i am losing my mind. i cannot wait for the update. do hurry if u can. lol j/k take ur time. better for it to b good than rushed and sloppy.

#140 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:25 PM

Uhhh... can you put that into acual words please? And use capitals?

The other story has some original things in it, but yea it is a bit of a rip off. Don't get me wrong when I said a bit. You never know, maybe it was just a coincidence.

Now for other things. I know you are busy. I know that I have to wait. But I am losing my mind. I can not wait for the update. Do hurry if u can. lol j/k take your time. Better for it to be good than rushed and sloppy.

Much better...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users