236 replies to this topic

#121 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:21 AM

I'm still getting e-mail notifications for PMs.

Thanks for the 411.  :)  I figured out what happened.  I'll find out if it's fixed the next time someone sends me a PM.  :ermm:

#122 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

The site is pretty cool now! and i can't wait which banner might get choose for our site.

Also for the arcade it would be cool if you added naruto fighting game if its possible.  :sweat:

#123 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

Also for the arcade it would be cool if you added naruto fighting game if its possible.  :sweat:

If we can find one that is decent enough, because most of the arcade games, especially from the fighting genre, isn't good enough, quality and presentation-wise. 

And also, I'm not even sure that adding an arcade gaming feature on the boards will be a good feature. We hadn't discuss about this other than the major concerns of the upgrade. 

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#124 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

OK, update on the old spoiler tags, guys.

I'm sorry to say that there's no way to automatically fix them, because the new code has an extra tag at the end. Attempting to patch it would very likely mangle the entire forum layout. :(

But there is a manual solution. Here's the walkthrough:

• Edit your post, either the quick or full edit is absolutely fine.
  • Flick the light switch on the top left of your reply window.  This switches the editor to plain text so you can see all the BBcode tags.
  • Find the following and delete it: 
    [url=javascript:void(0);]--Click here to view--[/url]
  • That will get rid of the faulty spoiler bar, and you can either stay in plain text view or flick the light switch again to go back to normal.  Now you can insert your new spoiler tag, either by using the Special Menu (blue-green square next to the font dropdown box at top left), or by manually typing them in:
    [spoiler="Spoiler Title!"]
    This content is hidden.
    [/spoiler]

• Save and your post is fixed!

I'm sorry I could not come up with an automatic fix, but we can at least fix all the important posts, and this will also enable everyone to fix their own posts if they want to, which would speed up the process. :)

UPDATE: You can now see who's online in the mobile version of H&E.  I hope to be able to improve the mobile skin even more. :)

#125 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Love the new layout.

I have one small question and that is How can I reactivate the spell check.

#126 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Love the new layout.

I have one small question and that is How can I reactivate the spell check.

KnS actually solved this little problem for us :)

Try opening a forum reply box --> right-click --> Languages --> English

For some reason some web forms (like IPBoard) need you to tell the browser what spell checker you want to use.

#127 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

I suggest adding some brand new emoticons to H&E 2.0. This one for example. ------> gsM7xVR.gif

#128 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Also, may I suggest something? Some additional smileys?

New Naruto-based smileys have been added ^_^

I suggest adding some brand new emoticons to H&E 2.0. This one for example. ------> gsM7xVR.gif

That one seems like it would make a good fit ^_^

#129 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Yay! Thank you so much!!!  :boogie:

#130 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

Smiter, thank you so much for finding a solution to the old spoiler tags and for fixing the build-up while I was sleeping! That was a really nice surprise to wake up to. I appreciate it very much. :glomp:

About my request to have more images per post, it looks like you won't have to look into that! I was testing things out yesterday and found out that one post in this new layout can hold the entire build-up, which is roughly 750 images. :zomg:

It's just another reason why I absolutely adore this new look! Thanks again!

#131 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

If we can find one that is decent enough, because most of the arcade games, especially from the fighting genre, isn't good enough, quality and presentation-wise. 

And also, I'm not even sure that adding an arcade gaming feature on the boards will be a good feature. We hadn't discuss about this other than the major concerns of the upgrade. 

oh ok thank you.  :happy:

#132 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Likes have been enabled for all member groups except for Fresh Meat. :)  Everyone gets 5 per day, and they can see who liked them.

Smiter, thank you so much for finding a solution to the old spoiler tags and for fixing the build-up while I was sleeping! That was a really nice surprise to wake up to. I appreciate it very much. :glomp:

About my request to have more images per post, it looks like you won't have to look into that! I was testing things out yesterday and found out that one post in this new layout can hold the entire build-up, which is roughly 750 images. :zomg:

It's just another reason why I absolutely adore this new look! Thanks again!

No problem! :D  I actually did bump up the number of images to 100 per post, so I'm not sure how on earth you could cram 750 into one. :P

Nice, new smileys.  :smug:

#133 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

No problem! :D  I actually did bump up the number of images to 100 per post, so I'm not sure how on earth you could cram 750 into one. :P

Oh. LOL! They were all there when I went to preview it, but maybe they won't all show up more than 100 are actually posted... Weird. :headscratch:

Thank you for expanding the limit! :D

#134 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

Time to investigate the newness... when I get home from work, that is.

#135 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

Whoa. I leave for a bit and you change all the furniture around!

More investigation is required.

QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#136 MakeMoneyEatRice

MakeMoneyEatRice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

Damn Smiter, this new joint is tight man. :yes:

Do mind me being here...

#137 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

I imagine this is some permanent update that wasn't really needed but is going to be added anyways. Got enough of that on youtube -_- Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get used to the site all over again.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#138 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

I imagine this is some permanent update that wasn't really needed but is going to be added anyways. Got enough of that on youtube -_- Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get used to the site all over again.

*sighs* Um yeah, do you think we did all this for no good reason? Seriously? Uh, no  :huh:

*points down*

H&E badly needed an update and facelift, for security and stability as well as features/looks, so we had to make the hard decision.

#139 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

We've already had huge improvements in many areas, and the vast majority of people like this update.  It also means we can introduce many exciting new features to keep this community fresh.  :happy:

Also, this is the World Wide Web.  Websites change all the time. :P

#140 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

No it's fine. I do the same thing here that I do on youtube. I use adblock stop anything I don't want on the webpage from loading. That clears up most of the stuff I don't like. I just would have preferred stuff like this to happen gradually rather than all at once. It's easy to get used to a bit here or there but when the entire website changes in a day then it get's a bit irritating.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users