19441 replies to this topic

#13121 Ether

Ether

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:05 PM

People are just bashing Kishimoto and calling him sexist when in reality, the problem is that Kishimoto sees Sasuke as a poor victim of all the uchiha hatred and blah blah blah.

No no no no, that's not what this is at all. Sasuke has never been shown to care about being with Sakura at all, so why should she be used as something to heal his heart? It's not like he didn't have options, there were at least three people in love with him.

Sorry, I don't buy it. It's sexism, plain and simple.

#13122 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:05 PM

The thing is...Kishimoto doesn't see Sasuke as a villain. If he did he'd find it understandable that Sakura would move on. After the cruelty and negativity that's happened between them any mangaka would encourage his heroine to forget about the bad boy and go for the nicer guy.
Sakura had every reason in the world to not love Sasuke anymore but Kikitten doesn't see it that way. Sasuke is completely innocent in his eyes and it is Sakura who'd be a terrible person for replacing him.
So disgusting.

Agree. The guy is sick. It's like saying people who kill are not at fault.

#13123 Don'tMindME

Don'tMindME

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

It was already posted and translated here.

I believe that was a different one right. Pretty sure this one was paired with the new sketch. Though they are pretty similiar.

#13124 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

"Naruto falls in love for the first time."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
This is definitely an AU. Naruto finally falls in love with Hinata because she gets kidnapped and some asspulled childhood scarf that wasn't in the manga? This story is terrible and it could be proven. It's inconsistent with canon and completely forgets that Naruto loved Sakura.
And the irony is that Kishimoto considers this the only "canon" movie in the films. Good God...

#13125 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:08 PM

And the irony is that Kishimoto considers this the only "canon" movie in the films. Good God...

Wait, what?

#13126 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

Bingo! This guy gets it.

People are just bashing Kishimoto and calling him sexist when in reality, the problem is that Kishimoto sees Sasuke as a poor victim of all the uchiha hatred and blah blah blah.

When you look at Sasuke from that angle,  Sakura will appear shallow if she gave up on poor Sasuke and goes after the hero Naruto. 

Kishimoto's view on women isn't the issue. It is his view on Sasuke. That is what he has in comon with SasuSaku fans,

Whatever, then he expressed himself bad with his story or didn't put himself in the position of Sakura's character
He is not only sasuke creator he is every character creator
He should've know that a "real girl " ( he wanted to show sakura as one) would've never became dependent on a man the way sakura was, bordering on obsession... only if said girl had some kind of problem

SS could have been developed properly of course, but the way it was put in the story was not nice... It was sick!

It was depressing to see a otherwise strong charafter like Sakura acting like that

Edited by Nar123, 22 November 2014 - 03:12 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#13127 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

Basically, sasuke was the MC of the story all the time
Naruto was just a plot point used to save the main MC

I have felt this way since part one.

Naruto never beat sasuke at anything. Sasuke was handed everything.

#13128 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

Wait, what?

kittenmoto helped write the story and said that this movie will fill in what happened between ch 699 and the epilogue. Ch. 699.5 they're calling it. He forgot his own story. XD

#13129 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

I believe that was a different one right. Pretty sure this one was paired with the new sketch. Though they are pretty similiar.

It's the exact same thing that I translated, you just added the sub title of the movie that was repeated several times "Naruto's last story is the first love" + some quoteof the double page we posted some days ago and that was already translated as well.

Double page
届くことのなかった想い、 ナルトとヒナタ、
The feelings that couldn't reach, Naruto and Hinata,
二人の運命が今、交錯する!
 Now their fate are tied/connected/mixed!
ナルトがようやくその想いに気がついたとき、ヒナタはトネりの手に(落?)らてしまう!
When Naruto finally realize  his feelings, Hinata falls into Toneri's hands !

It was all already posted.

Edited by 咲耶姫, 22 November 2014 - 03:26 PM.

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#13130 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

Put pictures in spoilers.

#13131 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

Yeah some of us don't wanna be blinded by NH fanfics. XD

#13132 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

Does it hurt your eyes to see it? lol it's the first time it's asked to spoiler that picture. That picture was posted several times without being put in spoiler. Nver once did it been spoiler tagged.

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#13133 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

retcons everywhere :zaru:

55219776.jpg

At this point this is just laughable were was this in the manga ? JFC  this is just one bad AU NH fanfiction  I can't even recognize Naruto anymore WTH  have I been reading all this time  this sure as heel isn't Naruto  :wacko:   :sick:  .

Edited by NarutoFireFoxUzumaki, 22 November 2014 - 03:22 PM.

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#13134 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

kittenmoto helped write the story and said that this movie will fill in what happened between ch 699 and the epilogue. Ch. 699.5 they're calling it. He forgot his own story. XD

RtN anyone? lmao

Does it hurt your eyes to see it? lol it's the first time it's asked to spoiler that picture. That picture was posted several times without being put in spoiler. Nver once did it been spoiler tagged.

Nope actually, just some people, and they internet connection.

#13135 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:20 PM

NaruHina, the awkward love story!

#13136 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:21 PM

you should always put big images under spoiler tags because not everyone have a proper connection (and also for mobile connections).

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#13137 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

Well its not outrage at NH per se, its more to do with the way they are going about making it canon. Everything that 698 chapters of the manga has shown is being given no consideration whatsoever, its all gone down the drain. 

I agree with you. I am not particularly impressed with Japan either. Yeah, its one individual but still-- For him to have the courage to openly make sexist remarks without any hesitancy, and for the magazine to unquestioningly print whatever he said-- It says a lot.

If a famous writer in my country were to do something like this, he would be kissing his career good-bye. The media would tear him apart for one thing, plus he would end up facing a huge public backlash.

Exactly. I always had this bad feeling ever since 693 where Kakashi and that Loser of Six paths talked about how they hoped that Sasuke would one day get love in his life.

I would think the same would happen in the us if he was here. Poltcians would have a field day with this. I think women activist would put a lot of pressure on them to shut this comic down.

With the Ray rice issue and the sexual assaults that been going on, people are looking more into the cause of this stuff and naruto would be a perfect example of what young minds are learning.

The person I am with hates anime. She doesn't like how Japan depics women like ecchi animes. Now you see hinita being ecchi.

#13138 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:25 PM

>運届くことのなかった想い、 ナルトとヒナタ、

That's why Naruto has to have a microphone.

#13139 Dario

Dario

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Bingo! This guy gets it.

When you look at Sasuke from that angle,  Sakura will appear shallow if she gave up on poor Sasuke and goes after the hero Naruto. 

Kishimoto's view on women isn't the issue. It is his view on Sasuke. That is what he has in comon with SasuSaku fans,

l don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Obviously one of the manga's biggest issue is the overbearing focus on Sasuke and what it represents, but it doesn't change the fact Kishimoto has written a sexist and arguably misogynistic conclusion.

For ex, even if SS didn't happen, Hinata would still be pairing fodder. That's sexist. SS is just the rotten cherry on top of the kitten sunday.

#13140 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

>運届くことのなかった想い、 ナルトとヒナタ、

That's why Naruto has to a microphone.

Made my day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic