#101 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 27 2009, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt he would do that Naruto x Sakura is the most popular n Japan. I doubt that he would do something that will disappoint people in the Japanese fandom. He didn't even know Nartuo was popular in over here.

He has gave us so many hints that Naruto x Sakura is the canon paring. I seriously doubt that Kishi would pull a torayinme(Sp?)

He didn't know Naruto is popular over here? It's published in quite a few countries... I think he would get results from sales each year from the company. Unlikely he doesn't know.

What the heck is "torayinme?"

#102 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

It's KakaIra, SasuNaru, SasuSaku, NaruHina, and NaruSaku respectively in terms of popularity in Japan.

Toryima only made Vegeta get together with Bulma because he didn't want to keep working on Dragon Ball after the Freeza arc.

Also funfact: The SasuSaku fans on 2chan are all very pleased with this chapter in reassuring their pairing.

#103 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (True @ Jun 27 2009, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's KakaIra, SasuNaru, SasuSaku, NaruHina, and NaruSaku respectively in terms of popularity in Japan.

Toryima only made Vegeta get together with Bulma because he didn't want to keep working on Dragon Ball after the Freeza arc.

Also funfact: The SasuSaku fans on 2chan are all very pleased with this chapter in reassuring their pairing.

Just hope Kishi isn't one to change the story around due to pairing popularity. I don't exactly think this chapter reinforced any pairing, more of actually caused even more questions on what will be canon in the end. I do think the last couple chapters have been attempting to emphasize Naruto's feelings for Sakura though.

#104 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

I don't believe Kishi will change his story around for any reason remotely related to fan pairings. Pairings are just something fans make-up and blow out of proportion in their imaginations in order to have more fun with the story and the characters.

There has been a lot more emphasis on feelings lately, however, I'm sure Kishi has plan and is sticking to it.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#105 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jun 27 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't believe Kishi will change his story around for any reason remotely related to fan pairings. Pairings are just something fans make-up and blow out of proportion in their imaginations in order to have more fun with the story and the characters.

There has been a lot more emphasis on feelings lately, however, I'm sure Kishi has plan and is sticking to it.

Just gotta hope that plan is NaruSaku! biggrin.gif If any of the Kishi interviews I've read are true, he is nothing if but a firm believer of the main points in shonens. Hero getting the girl he wanted is definatly one of them.... a_thumbs.gif

#106 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

Um Dbz author I couldn't spell his name.

Um I heard that he was told at last year jump feast that it was popular over here.

#107 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:48 PM

which is funny considering their pairing doesnt exist as anything aside from a one sided love on sakuras part.

Sasuke has never shown a single hint of even remotely beinga ttracted to Sakura in the slightest way, and the thank you scene is ambiguous at best.

No hes clearly pushing towards Naruto and Sakura. She just has to confront sasuke one more time alone about the day they became a team. The day of Narutos little henge scene. this is gonna be a huge moment for her and a large step in their character development.

The revelation of Sasuke not being who shes thought he was all this time. The revelation of Naruto being all she thought Sasuke was.

this is the moment things will change
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#108 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (True @ Jun 27 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last time I heard NaruSaku was in the lead for Hetero parings in Japan wow I need to keep up with what in.

How did that reassure their paring, it made me have more question that answers in my opinion. I mean it didn't look to me like any paring was in the spotlight. The 4chan Sasuke x Sakura fans must be rabid fans to think this chapter was anything to do with parings.

#109 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:55 PM

NaruSaku has never been in the lead. We are a pretty small fandom in both the West and East.

And it's 2chan, the Japanese message board, not 4chan which is English. The chapter is subjective to everyone owns perception.

#110 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (True @ Jun 27 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NaruSaku has never been in the lead. We are a pretty small fandom in both the West and East.

And it's 2chan, the Japanese message board, not 4chan which is English. The chapter is subjective to everyone owns perception.

Since I really have no idea how easily Kishi could be swayed depending on fan population, I'll be a little uneasy I suppose on how popular it is in Japan, and what Japanese fans view on the chapters...they of course grasp the language and meaning behind stuff a bit better then me I'm sure. I'll keep hoping though! biggrin.gif

Side note, since I guess you can read Japanese, or atleast have someone that can. Any say on what NaruSaku fans think there? If there are any...

Edited by Wolfheart, 27 June 2009 - 09:08 PM.

#111 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:14 PM

Nah, you don't need to worry about Kishi appealing to popularity for pairings. If he did, SasuSaku and NaruHina would have way more developments since the start of part 2. Only when the manga is over can you tell what will happen.

#112 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (True @ Jun 27 2009, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah, you don't need to worry about Kishi appealing to popularity for pairings. If he did, SasuSaku and NaruHina would have way more developments since the start of part 2. Only when the manga is over can you tell what will happen.

Very true, True. biggrin.gif A crucial arc this will definatly be for the big 3.

#113 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

Like others that have said it before me that Sakura was just confused with mix feelings now that Karui has made Sakura look heavy upon if she either loves Naruto or Sasuke. I thinks it's a big plus when Sakura-chan looked up at Naruto and he said "don't worry Sakura-chan" , It will put Naruto more on her mind as she's thinking about the big question hopefully and it would be nice if she had a love type of flashback of all the moments she had with Naruto. We don't always get that lucky though. biggrin.gif

Edited by 6thHokage, 27 June 2009 - 09:48 PM.

#114 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:34 PM

I'm actually hoping for Sakura to say something to Naruto about leaving - like she won't let him leave her behind again. She's always had a thing about that, and it seems like she's been particularly attached to Naruto since he got back from the battle with Pein.

I for one don't think that Danzo is going to let Naruto leave the village on his own - he'll probably make him take at least Sai (to keep an eye on him) with him. That is, if he even let's him go in the first place. I'm actually pretty interested in seeing what's going to happen next chapter. But mostly, I just want to know about Sakura's feelings.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#115 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jun 27 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm actually hoping for Sakura to say something to Naruto about leaving - like she won't let him leave her behind again. She's always had a thing about that, and it seems like she's been particularly attached to Naruto since he got back from the battle with Pein.

I for one don't think that Danzo is going to let Naruto leave the village on his own - he'll probably make him take at least Sai (to keep an eye on him) with him. That is, if he even let's him go in the first place. I'm actually pretty interested in seeing what's going to happen next chapter. But mostly, I just want to know about Sakura's feelings.

You're probably right, even if Naruto wants to go with said cloud-ninjas Danzo probably wont let him.
Tsunade always seemed to let Naruto go on missions that would equate to "hokage training" for Naruto (especially in pre-shippuuden fillers) but I'm sure that Danzo would only send him on Jinchuuriki-required missions.
Which only leaves me wondering, is Naruto going to even see Gaara now that he's back in the spotlight!? And is Temari gonna give Shikamaru some TLC since he got a broken leg!?

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#116 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 27 2009, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He has gave us so many hints that Naruto x Sakura is the canon paring. I seriously doubt that Kishi would pull a Toryima or Digigmon adventures

See, I don't really understand why people always use Akira Toriyama and Dragonball when it comes to these things. There are more similarities between Dragnball/Dragonball Z and Naruto than most fans would like to admit, but no one should be bringing him up whenever they discuss fears of the writer going with a random pairing.

Toriyama never did that. Yes, the shyish girl got the guy she wanted, but that comes with caveats. It was played up for laughs, for one (Goku didn't even know what marriage was, mistaking it for a food). For two, it didn't come out of the blue like NaruHina or SasuSaku would have to to even happen. Since Chi-Chi first appeared it was blatantly obvious what was happening. It was foreshadowed heavily from the first time Goku met her and the Ox King at Fire Mountain to the point that there was really no two ways about it. The marriage/relationship/whatever didn't exactly come out of nowhere; it was still built from the first time the character appeared, same as any other; it just intentionally progressed and worked in a far different manner than the norm.

On the whole Digimon thing, there wasn't really a last minute thing there either. They just decided to leave it as freakishly ambiguous as humanly possible. Which then subsequently pissed everyone off in the fandom, from what I've heard.

Sorry, bit of a nitpick on my part. Figured I may as well say something eventually and now was as good a time as any.

He didn't know Naruto is popular over here? It's published in quite a few countries... I think he would get results from sales each year from the company. Unlikely he doesn't know.

Yeah. Apparently one of his assistants had to inform him that Naruto was popular here. From what I understand he hadn't even the faintest idea until he was told.

Edited by dl316bh, 28 June 2009 - 03:56 AM.

bd5.jpg

#117 TwilightLink20xx

TwilightLink20xx

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:15 AM

^Doesn't surprise me, he said he only really hears what's going on in Japan. It's a normal thing; rarely do you hear much about something you created outside of the place you live (not to mention that Anime/Manga fans aren't extremely vocal outside of Japan in comparison).

#118 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:25 AM

Each new chapter has been so agonizing with the pairing hints, I don't think I'll be surprised if Naruto ends up with Karin at this point. I can hardly wait for the upcoming chapter, I really hope we get a good reaction from her concerning Naruto leaving.

I shall wait, but not patiently...... yeesh, fanfiction just doesn't do it for me anymore this close to canon!

Edited by Wolfheart, 28 June 2009 - 04:26 AM.

#119 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (Wolfheart @ Jun 27 2009, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Each new chapter has been so agonizing with the pairing hints, I don't think I'll be surprised if Naruto ends up with Karin at this point.

Um that would be a DBZ lol

#120 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 27 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um that would be a DBZ lol

What? He's talking about the somewhat ambiguous pairing hints Kishi's thrown out in Shippuden.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users