#101 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:00 AM

Great Teacher Onizuka - 10/10

Hilarious and daring, teaching you life's lessons when you can't learn by yourself. I also recommend the live action series and manga. Both are very well done. (I'm rewatching GTO, btw. Saw it before, and recently decided to rewatch it all)

#102 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:58 PM

Sailor Moon S - 9/10

One of the first animes I actually laid eyes on, and a favorite out of all five seasons of the pretty soldiers. Although completely different (yet somewhat similiar) to the manga, these episodes introduce the proclaimed mysterious Uranus and Neptune who decide to take matters in their own hands when coming to achieving their goals - sacrifices have to be made when needed. And following after the two would be the memorable Sailor Pluto (aka Setsuna) who's grand debut took place a season earlier but her role was severed completely from the one given to her in print.

A bit on the dark side when it comes to Professor Tomoe and the main intentions of Kaolinite and the Witches 5, this season takes a in-depth look of the forming friendship between Chibiusa and Tomoe Hotaru... and exactly what the daimon within the sleeping Sailor Saturn is planning to do with her new best friend. Out of the previous seasons and the ones after, I highly recommend giving S a try seeing as it'll leave you wondering for awhile.

Starts out a bit comedic when they're dealing with the case of the Pure Heart Crystals... but the Talisman Arc ends on a serious note after the deaths of Uranus and Neptune, and the creation of the Holy Grail / Purity Chalice. Only twists and turns (and a couple of more Baddies of the Day) follow suit after the introduction of Hotaru, and the sabotaging Witches 5 who appear shortly after one at a time.

A bit on the dramatic side towards the end, Sailor Moon S practically ends on a happy note seeing as Chibiusa gives an adorable farewell at the last minute.

Though a shame we won't see or hear from the outer senshi until Stars...
tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#103 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:04 PM

I don't watch a lot of anime my son collects the Dragonball Z DVD's I buy them for him but I really don't care much to watch them though, I did watch Naruto and it was good until it got to a filler episode, now maybe I am wrong but could they really look into actually hiring decent writers for fillers they all invariably were so dissapointing I stopped watching altogether.

however

last year I watched all 12 (or was it 13) episodes of Kurenai Loved it so much I would watch the Japanese version despite not knowing what was being said and then watch the dubbed version when it was released.

this year it is Cross Game I guess it wouldn't be for everybody but I have loved baseball since I was a kid and the manga is one of the best I have ever read.

I really like the anime they have changed a bit added a few filler parts but I just love Aoba and Kou so much it seems allright. They have really given it Adachi's style IMO which helps a great deal.

again I watch it in Japanese and then the dubbed version later. The best thing is unlike Kurenai I know what is going on from having read the manga.

oops forgot the rating 8/10

(I would never give a perfect score and this doesn't quite reach perfection in my mind which would earn it a 9/10)

Edited by Verilance, 28 July 2009 - 10:07 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#104 Rachel

Rachel

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:04 PM

I'm catching up with Bleach at the moment.

I'd have to say 7 or 8 out of 10, probably.
The fillers are kind of annoying and sometimes the episodes can drag. But then, I love the plot and the music. The characters, especially Kon, are really likeable.

So it's all good!

#105 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

Moribito Guardian of Spirit 10/10

A remarkabley well done story with good voice acting in both dubbed and subbed versions. Balsa is offically one fo my favorite characters of all time. The skill she uses to @ss whip 6 trained assassins with a brioken spear is just plain glee worthy.

its even got an interesting love story and some amazing fantasy elements

the theme song Shine is haunting and beautiful
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#106 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:28 AM

Welcome to the NHK - 10/10

Why? Because it shows so many otaku-lulz and romance. You can think of this as another Genshiken since there's at least an otaku in both shows.
I am still pinky-ash

#107 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:33 AM

Cowboy Bebop (1998): 10/10
I've seen this anime over a dozen time start to finish and it never gets old.

uc.png

#108 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:00 AM

Well, I have to put this one up.

Bakemonogatari - 9/10 (near perfect, but if there was a bit more on the action part, I'd give it 10/10)

A recent anime, as far as I can tell. It's only into its sixth episode from what I can tell, but it's got me hooked. Not much in the case of action (so far) at least, but I enjoy the characters, which pretty much make the anime anyway. The interactions between the male and female protagonist are both touching at times and really hilarious. I wouldn't recommend this anime to anyone who doesn't like lots of dialogue with no fighting or the like. However, if you enjoy a bit of supernatural themes and spiritual stuff, this may be right up your alley.

Details on the anime can be found on H&E's own Bakemonogatari thread!

Bakemonogatari Thread

Anyway, the recent events of the series with Koyomi Araragi (the main character of this series) and a young girl named Mayoi were both endearing and comical. I look forward to whatever happens next!

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#109 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:32 PM

Record of Lodoss War- 10/10

Started watching this series again for the first time in almost 10 year >_<. If you haven't watched this series yet, you should get right to it. It is by far one of the best fantasy animes out there. Dragons, elves, dwarves and heroes, can't get any better than that. Watch it now, or I will find you!

#110 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:50 PM

Digimon Adventure Zero Two - 5/10

Though I enjoyed the first season of this ongoing series during my early childhood, and even to today, the sequel to the original Digital Monsters situation was not as pleasing as I hoped for it to be. Catching up with all fifty episodes during my spare time and making the decision to stick with the dubbed version, not only did I have trouble with the introduction of the newer characters, but the personalities of these four.

Characters: Motomiya Daisuke, being a complete copy of Taichi in every possible way, tends to take on the personal of the common 'youngest child' who sometimes tries to be someone else rather than himself on certain occasions. While he usually expresses brash emotions and the 'attack now, questions later' motive, the newest Digimon leader tends to show his actual self whenever treated poorly (in return from his treatment) by his friends or family. While Inoue Miyako expresses herself as the typical girl with a bad temper every now and then. Similiar to Daisuke, she too is the youngest of a siblinghood of an older brother and two sisters, and uses that as her excuse to be loud and stubborn. She's the sort of person who finds herself adjusting to things a bit too thoroughly after decisions have been made. Miyako's personality and many cases of crushes / true loves allows people to wonder exactly how she got Ichijoji Ken to fall in love with her... seriously, I'm still wondering.

Hida Iori being the youngest Chosen Child, actually possesses and older sense of responsibility compared to his teammates but allows that to get to him sometimes. Rather than living a normal childhood, Iori is stuck with the realization that he is a fatherless child and his relationship with his mother isn't all too well. Being the youngest, he's usually looked down upon by the others when it comes to making decisions and he's usually stuck doubting himself and takes his time trusting people; seeing as his belief that 'people cannot change' is a bit too strong. And finally, Ichijoji Ken is the last Chosen Child to take his place in the series - after spending about 25 episodes as the Digimon Kaiser. Forced to deal with the fact that he caused his brother's death and nearly destroyed the lives of people in the real world (his parents) and the Digital World, Ken finds himself wishing for death. Unable to forgive himself after everyone else did, the Bearer of Kindness does anything to atone for his 'sins' which results in taking on the life of a detective in the near future.

Personality Differences: Although this being a sequel of Digimon Adventure, the new characters (minus Ken) haven't actually dealt with the same consequences at the original children. This, being the reason why Daisuke isn't actually considered the 'Leader' in my books, and why Takeru and Hikari take his place in this list. Throughout Zero Two, the new cast continues to believe their mission is to rebuild the Digital World, which meant protecting Digimon was the main intentions, so their feelings towards 'killing' Digimon were not on the same level as the Veterans. While Daisuke, Miyako and Iori would disapprove of ending the life of their new friends, the original two can find themselves killing a Digimon without second thought if it was needed.

Thus, bringing back to the actual situation in the series. After bringing the reign of the Digimon Kaiser to an end, they were faced with the return of Myotismon (who shortly became MaloMyotismon) and the welcoming of Chosen Children around the world stuck with the same mission as theirs. However during this battle and the many others before it, mainly Hikari and Takeru were faced with problems of their own as the series progressed; which left most of the others wondering. Hikari, being the Child of Light, found herself being tormented by the Dagomon and the Dark Ocean, which wished to take her as his queen while Takeru's actual self was revealed.

No longer is he considered that little kid with nothing but hope in his eyes, he finally realizes the full intent of the Digital World and what he has to do, which soon enough brings out a more violent side of him - frightening Iori to no end.

Overall: Other than expressing similiar things from the previous season, Zero Two wasn't an actual favorite of mines, seeing as the only thing I got out of it was the reunion of my Digimon OTP. Though it was that infamous final episode which left me biting at my tongue, seeing as none of my questions were actually answered. The battles throughout the series were pretty good, and Zero Two did hold that darker side of the Digital World that the first did, but the predicament for this new group of kids was different from the first; which led me to realizing that the new Chosen were actually lucky.

Still, I cannot help but remember that reaction of mines from the last episode. The Christmas Special, being what caused me to push away from the series (seeing as Sora and Yamato had something going on - imma Taiora fan~), the finale went down as the worst episode of both Digimon Adventure seasons seeing as it left many holes in the series... and expressed itself as too final.

Though Producer Kakudoh admitted to the canon pairings of Takari, Sorato, Kenyako and Koumi for the end of the series, though it wasn't made 'official' in the final episode seeing as the popularity of the season was very strong.

So yes, after watching all of this all over again... I can clearly say that I have no idea why I was excited about this series back when I was younger. The movie was actually fun, but... Zero Two wasn't my cup of tea. XP
tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#111 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

Natsume Yuujincho - 8/10

It's really interesting. I actually regret not watching this show when the anime first aired. Seems like some xxxHolic thing, only a little bit more somber. My cousin recommended me to watch this. It's starting to give me some spark. biggrin.gif
I am still pinky-ash

#112 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:31 AM

Soul Eater - 12/10

Best. Series. Ever.

#113 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

Welcome to the NHK! - 8/10
am i the only one that was freaked the crap outta this one? i mean the humor was there but it was mostly... sad, crawl in my bed ohnoes wtf this is really scary and WTF TALKING APPLIANCES and great more suicide and self-loathing ...funny. I was really depressed throughout it and had to force myself to finish it. Though i loved the psychological undertones and the like of it all.

"I'm nothing more than a rock on the side of the road."
"YOU'RE A WORSE ROCK THAN I AM, DON'T DIEEEEE"
"...b-bishwut why you do dis ;_;"
"wait... wut i sed wrong? ;_;"

also the ending was pretty harsh on Yamazaki :/ loved it for Sato and Misaki though wow.png

Tales of the Abyss - 7/10
you really gotta be a fan of the game to enjoy this. and even then you can't really love it all because all the fun filler is taken out. WHERE IS MY GUY-THE-PILOT ARC!? AND MY HOT SPRINGS SCENE? BAAAAW. fortunately they made the "LUKE YOU IDIOT DON'T DIE" scene pretty intense. loved how everyone yelled at him 8D

...but wtf again because i didn't get my epilogue scene. D|

Seto No Hanayome - 9.5/10
LOL OMG GO WATCH NOW IT'S HILARIOUS. i usually hate harem animu, but god this one i'd totally watch again. THE CHARACTERS ARE STRAIGHT-UP WIN. THE SCENES. THE CHEMISTRY. THE INTERACTION. THE PARODYING. XDXD the romance is crap, but what's great is that it knows the romance is bad. Dat right there has my blessing!

please, it may not be a truexlusive but, trust me you'll enjoy it. biggrin.gif

ova links where?!

#114 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:41 AM

Full Metal Panic! (2001): 10/10
One of the only mech animes I've ever thoroughly enjoyed mostly due to the fact there are barely any mechs in it. The story and characters are what drives this series especially the protagonists Sousuke Sagara and Kaname Chidori. This series also has one of the best english dubs I've ever seen including some of my favorites from Funimation like Vic Mignonga and Luci Christian. It's a near-perfect blend of action and comedy and its one of my all-time favorite animes.

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu! (2003): 7/10
A series that actually takes place chronologically AFTER The Third Raid even though it came out before, Fumoffu drops the seriousness of its predecessor and makes a full-out comedy. When it works it really works but there are some episodes that aren't as funny as others (the last episode for example with the clothes melting biohazzard) and it borders on ecchi at points (like the onsen episode even though nothing is really shown apart from some MAJOR cleavage and bare ass with no crack, I'm DEAD serious. It's an artists choice I suppose.).

Full Metal Panic: The Third Raid (2005): 8/10
After Fumoffu I wondered if this series would ever get serious again, and sure enough the third series returned some of the seriousness. At some points though it gets a little TOO serious and what made the original series so unique is lost. This series however is still driven by its main protagonists, even though they aren't together this much in this series. I would rate it higher....except the ending sucks.

uc.png

#115 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Aug 23 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seto No Hanayome - 9.5/10
LOL OMG GO WATCH NOW IT'S HILARIOUS. i usually hate harem animu, but god this one i'd totally watch again. THE CHARACTERS ARE STRAIGHT-UP WIN. THE SCENES. THE CHEMISTRY. THE INTERACTION. THE PARODYING. XDXD the romance is crap, but what's great is that it knows the romance is bad. Dat right there has my blessing!

please, it may not be a truexlusive but, trust me you'll enjoy it. biggrin.gif

ova links where?!

I actually love Seto No Hanayome XD One of the best comedy series and the ending is just beyond epic. Every episode keeps you laughing and if it wasn't for the bad subs in the last few episodes I'd honestly say it was the perfect series. Definitely a must watch for romantic-comedies fan.

And here's a torrent for the OVA [Seto Otaku] Seto no Hanayome OVA (thanks to Rick, the king of weaboos for the link)

#116 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (FullmetalNinjaED @ Aug 26 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Full Metal Panic! (2001): 10/10
One of the only mech animes I've ever thoroughly enjoyed mostly due to the fact there are barely any mechs in it. The story and characters are what drives this series especially the protagonists Sousuke Sagara and Kaname Chidori. This series also has one of the best english dubs I've ever seen including some of my favorites from Funimation like Vic Mignonga and Luci Christian. It's a near-perfect blend of action and comedy and its one of my all-time favorite animes.

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu! (2003): 7/10
A series that actually takes place chronologically AFTER The Third Raid even though it came out before, Fumoffu drops the seriousness of its predecessor and makes a full-out comedy. When it works it really works but there are some episodes that aren't as funny as others (the last episode for example with the clothes melting biohazzard) and it borders on ecchi at points (like the onsen episode even though nothing is really shown apart from some MAJOR cleavage and bare ass with no crack, I'm DEAD serious. It's an artists choice I suppose.).

Full Metal Panic: The Third Raid (2005): 8/10
After Fumoffu I wondered if this series would ever get serious again, and sure enough the third series returned some of the seriousness. At some points though it gets a little TOO serious and what made the original series so unique is lost. This series however is still driven by its main protagonists, even though they aren't together this much in this series. I would rate it higher....except the ending sucks.

We will never speak again.

#117 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Zatren6 @ Aug 26 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We will never speak again.

Do I slam YOU for your choices in anime? tongue.gif

uc.png

#118 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (FullmetalNinjaED @ Aug 27 2009, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do I slam YOU for your choices in anime? tongue.gif

I CAN'T HEAR YOUUU.

#119 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:04 AM

Bakemonogatari - 8.5/10
I thought it's a bit... um... out there.

#120 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:29 AM

FLCL/Fooly Cooly: 10/10
One of the most ****ed up yet highly entertaining and funny anime ever made with great animation, great music and great characters. Though short (only 6 Episodes) and leaving you wanting more it has a satisfying conclusion that ties up every loose end. This is the shortest anime on my list of all-time favorites.

uc.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users