Close
Photo

What Nationality are you?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

Poll: What Nationality are you? (97 member(s) have cast votes)

What Nationality are you?

1. American (25 votes [25.77%])

Percentage of vote: 25.77%

2. European (18 votes [18.56%])

Percentage of vote: 18.56%

3. African (includes egypt and Islamic places like thta) (2 votes [2.06%])

Percentage of vote: 2.06%

4. Russian (1 votes [1.03%])

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

5. Asian(India, China, Bangladesh, Japan) (35 votes [36.08%])

Percentage of vote: 36.08%

6. Other (state which.) (9 votes [9.28%])

Percentage of vote: 9.28%

7. South American (4 votes [4.12%])

Percentage of vote: 4.12%

8. Some island... (3 votes [3.09%])

Percentage of vote: 3.09%

Vote

#101 adrianna

adrianna

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach!<br /><br />basketball, soccer (or football, whichever) tennis<br /><br />reading, shopping, computer

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (Zero BD @ Dec 26 2006, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, since Daisy asked. laugh.gif The chamorus are a group of people who belong to an ancient culture that has been around for nearly 4000 years. Not the oldest but certainly not the youngest. My ancestors were, considered by archeologist, one, if not the best, of the greatest seafares of the ancient world. My people originated from southeast asia. Modern Chamoru is actually a mix of ancient chamoru, spanish, tagalog(filipino), american english, japanese, with little influence of other asian languages, chinese, austronesian, and hawaiian. Ancient chamoru society was mostly "maternal avuncuclan", which it sorta is still today. maternal avuncuclan in other words mean that the women are in charge. Oh man, that means Daisy makes all the decisions now. Another note is that we had been occupied by several foreign countries throughout the centuary. There, happy now. Thats the basics of makes the chamorus THE CHAMORUS. If you would like to know more here's a nice info site for you. http://www.answers.com/topic/chamorros

Wow, I've never heard of that before. So it's the women in charge, huh? interesting . . . .

So uhm, well I'm of Chinese-Burma (also known as Myanmar) descent, but I was born in America, so I clicked American.

Part of the H&E Family (sister)

My Journal

#102 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:52 AM

that's... incredible! a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif
man i'd love to be a chamorus!!!
i'd be like totally kick-@$$!!! XD that's right! i'm a seafarer!
take that! msmack.gif and that! a_smashy.gif biggrin.gif that's so cool.

#103 Pepilia

Pepilia

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:27 AM

100% Colombian...(with european blood thanks to Spain) so I guess south america, but I live in the U.S.

#104 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:21 AM

I'm 75% German and 25% Irish.

uc.png

#105 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:59 PM

I live in the states, but I am like 95% German.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#106 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Girls, and girls, girls, did i mention girls?

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:02 PM

33,3,1% Croatian, 33,3,31% Brazilian and 33,3,1% Italian, and proud of it! tongue.gif

But I'm a Croat by birth, so... yar.

#107 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:23 PM

Like i stated in the other thread im 100% Indian! Though considering the fact i'm from Goa i love football (soccer) over cricket any day tongue.gif
(its like a sin for an Indian to not like cricket much.... But Goans have always loved football (soccer) more than other sports tongue.gif)

Wow.... We Asians are definately dominating this poll biggrin.gif

#108 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Girls, and girls, girls, did i mention girls?

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Jan 15 2007, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like i stated in the other thread im 100% Indian! Though considering the fact i'm from Goa i love football (soccer) over cricket any day tongue.gif
(its like a sin for an Indian to not like cricket much.... But Goans have always loved football (soccer) more than other sports tongue.gif)

Wow.... We Asians are definately dominating this poll biggrin.gif

You are my hero!

#109 Tobi_Uchiha

Tobi_Uchiha

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:59 PM

1/2 Spaniard, 1/4 Italian...and the rest mexican.

#110 Snowfall

Snowfall

... wha?

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, Music, art, singing, hanging with friends, family, church, daydreaming, writing

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:14 AM

Indian Malayalee, from India, not the Native American thing... -__-

#111 Lightside

Lightside

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:I like to hang with my peeps anddo ...stuff...

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:07 PM

Im a pure bred mutt!
http://manga.clone-a...hp?page=1&lang= nana's life, the sequal/inspiration to elfen lied
http://www.stanford....codary/tkam.htm how to kill a moking bird!!!!

#112 narutooversasuke

narutooversasuke

yea believe it serect Attack "Charka Fart BOMB!"

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Anime, football, basketball, old cartoons like tom and jerry. and girls

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:36 PM

I'm african american white, indian

#113 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:39 AM

I am pure dutch tongue.gif
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#114 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:22 PM

You know technically, american isnt really a nationality...since we're all from England or some other place so...I put European.

Spanish, German, English and Irish.

#115 Choji

Choji

Professional Teddy Bear x3

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Ask! ; 3<br /><br />I don't bite..........hard xD

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:43 PM

My roots hail mostly from Ireland, but fragments of my family hail from Scotland, England, and Poland.
One of my great great aunts had a blood relation with the Royalty in England, which is kinda cool.

#116 Toa

Toa

Shota shota night fever~

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Computer, anime, music, drawing, arts, literature...a lot XD Neil~

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:25 PM

Asian here! I'm from the Philippines! TCHYEA! XDDD

#117 Certifiably Insane for NaruSaku

Certifiably Insane for NaruSaku

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:50 PM

I live in america.

I'm 50% hungarian, 25% jewish, and the rest of me is a mix of several european cultures.

#118 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:39 PM

Did this thread get merged? Thought I'd voted in here once before....

Eh well, Filipino na ako. ("I'm Filipino." There's my obligatory Tagalog; since I don't remember too much else sad.gif I guess that'll do. That's what spending most of your life in the States will do to you.)

And of course I get mistaken for Chinese, Korean, Laotian, Vietnamese, Thai, Cambodian, and/or Puerto Rican (?!).
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#119 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:57 PM

American. My ancestry is 3/4 Scottish on both sides of my family (not unusual for my state- Kentucky. We have the largest percentage of people with Scottish ancestry of all US states) With all that Scottish it's no surprise that I have multiple lines of descent from the Scottish royal families (Alpin, Bruce, Stewart with a lot of Douglas in there too, I have both Campbells and McDonald in there too) I also have some Native American ancestry, one I know for sure on my mom's side. There's another on that side I'm trying to track down, and one on my dad's father's side that's been even harder to track down.

I looked "Ameriasian" as a child, so much so that in fourth grade some kids called me "little Jap girl" But I was already sort of quietly facinated by Asian cultures so what was intended as an insult felt like a compliment to me. Even now, with my decidely Scottish "Moredock nose", when I wear my hair in two braids I have people come up to me and ask if I am Native American. I'll answer truthfully- "partly". I'm trying to get in touch with that part of my ancestry spiritually now too. (they would have been all tribes of Virgina, probably extinct a long time ago, as both on my mom's side were in the 1600's, and likely the same for the one on my dad's side, as most the intermarrying amongst colonists from Great Britian and native tribes happened in the 1600's. Most of those small tribes in Virginia were wiped out by the colonists either by disease (smallpox especially) or warfare long before the American Revolution.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#120 Kalluri Vaanil

Kalluri Vaanil

When we bleed we bleed the same

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Zero BD @ Dec 26 2006, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, since Daisy asked. laugh.gif The chamorus are a group of people who belong to an ancient culture that has been around for nearly 4000 years. Not the oldest but certainly not the youngest. My ancestors were, considered by archeologist, one, if not the best, of the greatest seafares of the ancient world. My people originated from southeast asia. Modern Chamoru is actually a mix of ancient chamoru, spanish, tagalog(filipino), american english, japanese, with little influence of other asian languages, chinese, austronesian, and hawaiian. Ancient chamoru society was mostly "maternal avuncuclan", which it sorta is still today. maternal avuncuclan in other words mean that the women are in charge. Oh man, that means Daisy makes all the decisions now. Another note is that we had been occupied by several foreign countries throughout the centuary. There, happy now. Thats the basics of makes the chamorus THE CHAMORUS. If you would like to know more here's a nice info site for you. http://www.answers.com/topic/chamorros

That's really interesting. How did you find out about that part of your ancestry?

American isn't a race, it's a nationality. *stating the obvious* However, I just think that when people say they're American and nothing else, that they're forgetting that the only true Americans were Native Americans. White Americans would be descendants of Northern Europeans, like German, Polish, Irish, ect. biggrin.gif It's a given that you're going to have German ancestry or something of the sort. *just wanted to say*

Me? I'm Greek/American... (German and who knows what the hell else from my dad's side, lots of Greek from my mother's side). Yeah, and I do speak Greek too. I speak Italian mostly though as a second language, though I'm not Italian. I just lived there for most of my life. happy.gif And I understand quite a bit of Spanish since it being a Latin-based language, is very similar to Italian.

I'd like to learn Japanese though. And if my school offers it next year as a course (which it may) I'd kill to learn Mandarin (Chinese). happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users